View Poll Results: Sasuke answer is good or bad for the story?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.Good

17 80.95%
  • 2. Bad

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Hmph....

Sasuke Answer Good Move Or Bad Move?

Well since there will be no Naruto chapter this week, so I thought why not discuss over on what happen in last week chapter and how it will effect in the later chapters. Please share your thoughts and be honest I appreciated :D

Like the title saids, was Sasuke answer a good move or bad move by Kishimoto? What do guys think on how this will play out in the future chapters?

My Thoughts:

I have problem with Sasuke turning good simply because Sasuke was not really a antagonist to begin with. Sasuke turning good was bound to happen eventually. My issue I have with this is Sasuke transition from antagonist to protagonist took to LONG . Sasuke should had turn good at the end of the hunt for Itachi arc, when Tobi told Ssuke the truth about Itachi, instead of dragging out further in the story having Sasuke flip flop constantly. We know how that went .

For the future chapters this how I see it:

PROS:

*Sasuke carries on his brother will and fight with his comrades
    *Since Sasuke and Naruto are both genin, possibly after the war Naruto and Sasuke will fight in the chunin exams
    *Sasuke could die at the end of the war. The reason why this a pro is because the one thing Naruto lacks more then anything is MATURITY. Seeing his best friend die right in front of his eyes will help Naruto realize not everyone can be save. That would be a good ending to me

CONS:

*Narutos and Sasuke speech to each other at the kage summit will be negated
    *The setup for Narutos and Sasuke final confrontation setup is IRRELEVANT because of Sasuke answer
    *Possibly Sasuke could turn evil again and join Madara/Obito. Sasuke logic will make no sense
    *Now that Sasuke good it does raise the question on how Madara/Obito vs Naruto, alliance (with kyuubi cloak),Sasuke group and 4 hoakges is going to work. Especially if Obito turns good, which by the way is foreshadowed when Obito said "Naruto you remind myself when I was young".

Last edited by CrimsonFire; 04-18-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    secretly saving the world

Re: Sasuke Answer Good Move Or Bad Move?

if sasuke wasnt declared an international criminal for what he did at the 5 kage summit, the story wouldnt be as epic.

Status
    Nov 2011
    seems like i'm almost in a
    hapy place

your theory is there isno final show down between them and sasuke's answer was a good call

Status
    Mar 2013
    secretly saving the world

i mean, are those charges just dropped after the war is over?

Status
    #SS

It's possible that Orochimaru can steal Sasuke's body and fight Naruto from there. Just another way the Naruto vs Sasuke could happen. I'm pretty sure that fight is supposed to happen though, I remember someone said that Kishi himself said there would be a Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Hmmmm. I don't know if he will be accepted easily in the village. Since he killed an elder of the leaf and attacked the kage summit. But Naruto will TnJ them to accept Sasuke in the village again.

Status
    Nov 2011
    ~I'm just too strong~

I don't think Orochimaru has changed but there is a possibility that Sasuke may have become good.... finally. I don't know how the criminal thing will work out for him.

Orochimaru's Reincarnation Deadai's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Hobby's: Grave Robbing.

It was a good move those who say otherwise just don't get Sasuke's character.

Status
    Oct 2012
    `David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokami View Post
    It's possible that Orochimaru can steal Sasuke's body and fight Naruto from there. Just another way the Naruto vs Sasuke could happen. I'm pretty sure that fight is supposed to happen though, I remember someone said that Kishi himself said there would be a Naruto vs Sasuke fight.
    Orochimaru just can't steal Sasuke's body.

Status
    Nov 2012
    I love it when they play hard
    to get!

I'm still not convinced Sasukes changed. I know he has a plan. Hate waiting.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out

Honestly a bad move. Kishi always has a purpose to his writing but as it stands sasuke über-period, emo'ness has been for nothing. What was the point of being an avenger if you killed your brother for the wrong reason. What was the point of plotting to destroying Konoha if the next time you actually go there you turn good? What was the point of being a emotional and dark if at the end of the day your just going to come full circle and fight with the good guys.

My opinion probably isn't valid since I dislike sasukes character. At the end of the day you could say he has many highs and lows and at times is very vulnerable - which leaves him open to being manipulated easily. But his character has always been that of a rogue, an outsider. Now it seems he is going to be just another person in the shinobi alliance - no jutsu.

Last edited by Gatsuuga; 04-18-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Status
    #SS

Quote Originally Posted by roncato View Post
    Orochimaru just can't steal Sasuke's body.
    He did it pretty easily to Zetsu...
    It's possible that he could do it after the battle, while Sasuke is exhausted from fighting. I'm not saying it's easy, just saying it's possible since that seems to still be Oro's goal ATM

Status
    Aug 2011
    It's the basic truth of human
    nature that Everybody Lies;
    the only variable is
    "About WHAT?"

first of all, acc. to my knowledge kishi only said that they will meet in the war,not fight.
    second,they will be the one who will put an end to the eternal hatred going on b/w The desandants of elder and younger son,which would be pointless if they fight opposing each other.then it will again repeat the same thing that happen b/w madara and hashirama.the hatred should end from both sides.
    lastly,i think that u r right about chunnin exam fight thing.

so yeah it was a good move.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Rules of Acquisition #15.
    Acting stupid is often smart.

story wise... its good i think, its kinda silly to have this imminent world wide threat (moon eye plan) and afterwards have the lesser (destroy konoha) plan
    this way he is somewhat redeemed and it upgrades the lvl of this next fight, c'mon 5 zombie kages+oro+sasuke+bee+naruto+ fodders= best possible match only way to up that is to include the So6p. btw i think oro will try to somehow take over tobi/madara at the end.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Hmph....

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    Honestly a bad move. Kishi always has a purpose to his writing but as it stands sasuke über-period, emo'ness has been for nothing. What was the point of being an avenger if you killed your brother for the wrong reason. What was the point of plotting to destroying Konoha if the next time you actually go there you turn good? What was the point of being a emotional and dark if at the end of the day your just going to come full circle and fight with the good guys.

My opinion probably isn't valid since I dislike sasukes character. At the end of the day you could say he has many highs and lows and at times is very vulnerable - which leaves him open to being manipulated easily. But his character has always been that of a rogue, an outsider. Now it seems he is going to be just another person in the shinobi alliance - no jutsu.

I agree pretty much. Like I said Sasuke should had turn good at the hunt for Itachi arc, instead of continuously flip flopping Sasuke after that. If Sasuke change back to evil again then his logic will make no sense.

Status
    Jan 2012
    ^This is the end^

everyone here have read hashirama flashback "arc" and whether this decision was good move or not, it will not last. kishi just found way to prolong the story. they maybe throw some kick ass combo in field sasuke acting good till he don't find peace in that path and make up his mind to destroy naruto

then we see naruto's "answer" hashirama's was he kill even his brother if they are threat to his home,
    naruto's is yet to be revealed :D

Status
    Mar 2013
    NaruHina/SasuSaku

i dont think sasuke will join up with obito again because he wants to honor his brother by protecting the village but i dont think he will want to stay in the village and maybe that will lead to naruto vs sasuke with naruto wanting to bring back sasuke

Status
    Jan 2012
    ^This is the end^

Quote Originally Posted by Marceant View Post
    i dont think sasuke will join up with obito again because he wants to honor his brother by protecting the village but i dont think he will want to stay in the village and maybe that will lead to naruto vs sasuke with naruto wanting to bring back sasuke
    not by protecting village, protect everything, it's like battle for the universe fail and everyone is doomed to live alternative reality, not even that some trap where even emotions are altered.. but yeah after next scene obito and sasuke might be mortal enemies, good thinking sasuke take all power you can get then swap side

Status
    Dec 2012
    Patience is a Virtue...Being
    tested on a regular puts a
    strain..Don't test this if u
    aint bout that life

Sasuke turning good was inevitable..He was jus a messed up kid that sought a misguided revenge and at the end he was more of a victim then we thought.I'm glad the story is playing out this way and as far as Naruto and Sasuke duking it out it doesn't have to be to death now..It can be a fight to test each others caliber. If Sasuke ever gets to know Naruto's story he will see that they both had so much more in common then he believed..He lost the only family he had before he even knew them..Sasuke got to forge bonds with his kin. I think this was the best thing that happened even though i agree it was dragged on for to long

Status
    Oct 2012
    Shall we?

It's true. Kishi did say he planned to have Sasuke and Naruto fight. HOWEVER. Kishi might have changed his mind since then. If Sasuke does turn good, there would be no need to fight Naruto, UNLESS it was a rival fight and not one to the death. BUT, Naruto did state in one of the chapters, at the end of his last encounter with Sasuke that "We're both gonna die." Is this a forshadow of the end of the war? Are they both going to combine their most powerful techs to stop the Juubi, but end up killing themselves with such power? OR. Is Naruto going to give his all to Sasuke if Sasuke becomes badly injured and Sasuke sacrifices himself to save all of shinobi (vice versa if it's Sasuke that dies first, does he give his eyes to Naruto?)

Just some thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»