Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

C

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10163/C

Just finished C, definitely something that's not quite like a lot of other things I've watched.

It's kinda confusing, but I'll try to explain. Basically, the main character is Kimimaro Yoga, a college student who just wants to live a normal life and make enough money to get by. By chance, a strange figure named Masakaki encounters him and introduces him to the Financial District, in which people battle each other with the help of Assets (entities that represent the person's future) and battle to win money. Winners can get rich beyond belief, while losers may go bankrupt. However, there's more to it than just that, since the catch of it all is that the person's future is used as collateral, so every time a person loses, something important in their future vanishes as if it had never existed to begin with. A lot of economic madness and ideal clashing takes place throughout and it's pretty interesting to see. I'd say it's kinda like Accel World with a bigger focus on economics, but even that description doesn't really do it justice.

Now the concept is great, but I'll concede that it's not as amazing as I had hoped it would be. Something like what I had just described obviously exhibits a lot of potential, but then you realize that it stops at 11 episodes. Now if there were a manga or other source material somewhere, this wouldn't be that big an issue since you could just go to that afterward. Problem is that, as far as I'm aware, the anime is pretty much the only installment of this series, so there's nothing else to expand on what has been given and it's pretty sad since a lot more could have been done with it. 11 episodes is way too short to properly develop the characters and there just isn't enough time for everything. In particular I remember one episode in which the main character wins........offscreen. Now this wouldn't be such a big deal, but the last we saw of the fight was him very blatantly on the losing side and when they can't even show HOW he could possibly turn it around, it kinda bothers me.

Of course, with the short run time, a lot of things aren't really explained too thoroughly either. I know that there were quite a few times that I was confused about what was going on, and honestly I'm not sure if it was because of the economic mumbo jumbo or because the story was just going too fast to allow me to stop and process everything that was going on. Honestly it was probably a bit of both. It definitely seemed like there was a lot more to the Financial District and the people involved with it that could have been developed as well, but the runtime was just too short. But perhaps the saddest thing is that I could honestly imagine another season being made with how the anime ends up, and yet it seems like that probably won't happen and that's just too bad. C could really use more time for explanation and expansion.

Anywho, I can say that I definitely had fun with this one, particularly in the later episodes where things picked up, but I did feel that there was some wasted potential here. C could have gone on even longer and added to the characters' beliefs and the plot themes more than it had, but it ended too fast to really get me that engrossed, and even though the cast was pretty likeable overall, nobody really struck me as amazing particularly because they didn't have much development time.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: C

Any hot chicks?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Kakashi View Post
    Any hot chicks?
    Well Mashu and Q aren't too bad:

http://myanimelist.net/character/40450/Msyu/pictures

http://myanimelist.net/character/40963/Q/pictures

Maybe a couple others too but that's about it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

...Then...I guess it's up to me to decide if check it out or not...

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermacaquecool View Post
    ...Then...I guess it's up to me to decide if check it out or not...
    I'd say it's worth it, it's not a godly series but the concept is really interesting and it's only 11 episodes so it doesn't require all too much time either.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fastest thing alive.

I liked this series. Watched it on Funimation a while back. Glad you enjoyed it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

Quote Originally Posted by Miles vi Britannia View Post
    I'd say it's worth it, it's not a godly series but the concept is really interesting and it's only 11 episodes so it doesn't require all too much time either.
    I see. But it also sounds like I'll get some disappointment with it...however if you say even with such flaws is worth it, I'll watch it. After all, I'm less reluctant to watch short series

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Youth and Full power View Post
    I liked this series. Watched it on Funimation a while back. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Nice, yeah it was a pretty fun one. Definitely haven't seen anything that tells a story quite the same way C does, and it would be really nice if they made more C or another series like it. It's just too bad it all ended too fast, but what was there was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermacaquecool View Post
    I see. But it also sounds like I'll get some disappointment with it...however if you say even with such flaws is worth it, I'll watch it. After all, I'm less reluctant to watch short series
    Well as long as you don't get your hopes too high then it shouldn't be too bad. I figured that I wouldn't be amazed by it since the MAL score was lower than I would have anticipated given the idea seemed really promising. That said it's still a good series and overall it's definitely worth watching. Great fights and it's interesting how it ties economics and clashing philosophies into it all.