Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    TheCloudsBlackLightning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your house
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    1-
    Kishi ruining Tobi's identity. The identity of Tobi was the #1 mystery in Naruto for years. Whether he was someone who wanted him to be or not, it all depended on revealing his face. Kishi ruined it with the title of chapter 599:"Obito Uchiha". Just reading the title before even reading the first panel destroyed the whole experience of Tobi's reveal. Not the mention the entire chaper was a no-dialouge flashback with art mistakes.


    2
    The Filler. The series has more filler than canon episodes. Thats bad. Oh and there all irrelevent. That is all.


    3
    Useless Flashbacks. Alot of times Kishi feels the need to include flashbacks reinstating what we already know. 95% of them are about Naruto and Sasuke's childhood.


    4
    Jiraiya's death. The naruto community itself made this a blunder. The number of angry Jiraiya fans dropping the series and criticizing the manga and Kishi was enormous back in 2008. Everywhere you went there was naruto related had an angry Jiraiya fan bashing the entire series. Manga sales dropped by 7%(which is alot) after Jiraiya died.


    5
    Wasted Character development and the manga revolving around ocular jutsu. Characters(like Sakura) had alot of potiential and Kishi didnt take advantage of any of it. Instead, he took away their previous character develpment.

    At first, the sharigan was a simple technigue which minor advantages and weaknesses. Then all of sudden, the sharigan has numerous OP technigues and the main plot of the story revloves around the sharigan and rinnegan. Such a powerful eye can be stolen and transplanted so easily(Madara,Sasuke,Obito,Nagato and Danzo). The whole concept of the special eyes is nothing special at all.


    What do you consider as a blunder?
     
         
    Last edited by TheCloudsBlackLightning; 05-01-2013 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #2
    GwemBaba
    Guest

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Pain's loss was a blunder, Danzo's loss was a blunder.

    Was that true about Jiraiya fanboys?
     
         

  • #3
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    Posts
    6,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Your spelling and grammar is a blunder. (I'm sorry, that's mean.)

    OT: I agree with 1, 2, 3, and 5. Jiraiya's death sucked, but it's also the most meaningful death in the series.
     
         
    Last edited by Yusuke Urameshi; 05-01-2013 at 06:11 PM.

  • #4
    Banned
    Status
    AngelicYami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    永遠の地獄
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like
    wannabe
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Yes Sakura-chan has been left out for TOO DAMN LONG by her author, Her author gave her amazing charka control she could A)learn the gates/amazing taijutsu B)Major Genjutsu & Then THIS:
     
         

  • #5
    Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    TheCloudsBlackLightning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your house
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by GwemBaba View Post
    Pain's loss was a blunder, Danzo's loss was a blunder.

    Was that true about Jiraiya fanboys?
    Its true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    You're spelling and grammar is a blunder. (I'm sorry, that's mean.)

    OT: I agree with 1, 2, 4, and 5. Jiraiya's death sucked, but it's also the most meaningful death in the series.
    I know. I type really fast and never check my spelling. Its not school or anything so it doesnt really matter to me.
     
         

  • #6
    Souji's Avatar
    Status
    Souji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Golden.
    Posts
    9,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    0576-5640-5884
     



    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    1. Tobi is Obito. We have to deal with it at this point. There's just parallelism after parallelism, Kishi is subconsciously teaching us literary techniques...

    2. Filler only happens because the manga isn't fast enough to stay ahead. Even when it is, Kishi has little control over what fillers the animation studio decides to release.

    3. This, this, and this. Again with the reiterations.

    4. Jiraiya's death, along with Itachi's, were beautiful and poetically tragic. Strangely, it made me like Naruto as a series even more, making me respect the series' potential maturity.

    5. I completely agree. No questions asked.
     
         

  • #7
    Senior Member Moe22's Avatar
    Status
    Moe22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Narutobase
    Posts
    2,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    I am still in shock about this:





     
         

  • #8
    Senior Member Hell Autarch's Avatar
    Status
    Hell Autarch is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Noches, Hueco Mundo
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    no
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    You're spelling and grammar is a blunder. (I'm sorry, that's mean.)

    OT: I agree with 1, 2, 4, and 5. Jiraiya's death sucked, but it's also the most meaningful death in the series.
    Unfortunately, you failed in correcting his grammatical mistake.
    It is "Your spelling and grammar is a blunder" not "You're spelling and grammar is a blunder"

    You're spelling and grammar is a blunder would mean You ARE spelling and grammar is a blunder.
     
         

  • #9
    Senior Member Hell Autarch's Avatar
    Status
    Hell Autarch is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Noches, Hueco Mundo
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    no
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe22 View Post
    I am still in shock about this:





    Where the hell did you get those gif from?
    I am pretty sure that there was no such scene during Nagato's battle with Jiraiya and later on with Naruto.
     
         

  • #10
    Get up, Survive, Go bed. Lonely Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Lonely Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Shire.
    Posts
    3,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lucid dream everynight,
    almost like its another
    world.. my very own world.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCloudsBlackLightning View Post
    1-
    Kishi ruining Tobi's identity. The identity of Tobi was the #1 mystery in Naruto for years. Whether he was someone who wanted him to be or not, it all depended on revealing his face. Kishi ruined it with the title of chapter 599:"Obito Uchiha". Just reading the title before even reading the first panel destroyed the whole experience of Tobi's reveal. Not the mention the entire chaper was a no-dialouge flashback with art mistakes.


    2
    The Filler. The series has more filler than canon episodes. Thats bad. Oh and there all irrelevent. That is all.


    3
    Useless Flashbacks. Alot of times Kishi feels the need to include flashbacks reinstating what we already know. 95% of them are about Naruto and Sasuke's childhood.


    4
    Jiraiya's death. The naruto community itself made this a blunder. The number of angry Jiraiya fans dropping the series and criticizing the manga and Kishi was enormous back in 2008. Everywhere you went there was naruto related had an angry Jiraiya fan bashing the entire series. Manga sales dropped by 7%(which is alot) after Jiraiya died.


    5
    Wasted Character development and the manga revolving around ocular jutsu. Characters(like Sakura) had alot of potiential and Kishi didnt take advantage of any of it. Instead, he took away their previous character develpment.

    At first, the sharigan was a simple technigue which minor advantages and weaknesses. Then all of sudden, the sharigan has numerous OP technigues and the main plot of the story revloves around the sharigan and rinnegan. Such a powerful eye can be stolen and transplanted so easily(Madara,Sasuke,Obito,Nagato and Danzo). The whole concept of the special eyes is nothing special at all.


    What do you consider as a blunder?
    1: I agree
    2: they are needed though
    3: I guess your right there
    4: dam bloody right!
    5: I have to agree again

    What do I consider a blunder? Hm..

    I guess nothing really the only problem I truly have is that the good/the great/the powerful characters are gone just as quick as they were entered and not to mention that as soon as the character gets interesting, they die.
     
         

  • #11
    GwemBaba
    Guest

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe22 View Post
    I am still in shock about this:





    Ahhh! My eyes!

    The third one is awesome though, you've gotta admit.

    You've missed out the road runner one.
     
         

  • #12
    Senior Member Hell Autarch's Avatar
    Status
    Hell Autarch is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Noches, Hueco Mundo
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    no
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by GwemBaba View Post
    Ahhh! My eyes!

    The third one is awesome though, you've gotta admit.

    You've missed out the road runner one.
    Were they from the battle against Naruto or Jiraiya? I think they were from the battle with Naruto...
     
         

  • #13
    Senior Member Madarauchiwa's Avatar
    Status
    Madarauchiwa is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    1,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Autarch View Post
    Where the hell did you get those gif from?
    I am pretty sure that there was no such scene during Nagato's battle with Jiraiya and later on with Naruto.
    no this really happened against naruto i remember this i watch the fight like twice a month and i always find this funny lol
     
         

  • #14
    Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    TheCloudsBlackLightning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your house
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe22 View Post
    I am still in shock about this:





    I read the manga version after I saw that. I could not stop laughing.
     
         

  • #15
    GwemBaba
    Guest

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Autarch View Post
    Were they from the battle against Naruto or Jiraiya? I think they were from the battle with Naruto...
    Yeah, it was.
     
         

  • #16
    Senior Member Hell Autarch's Avatar
    Status
    Hell Autarch is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Las Noches, Hueco Mundo
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    no
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Is that Six Tailed Naruto smashing Nagato with that huge rock on the 2nd one?

    They don't seem like the claws Naruto always has but rather like human hands....
     
         

  • #17
    Senior Member Madarauchiwa's Avatar
    Status
    Madarauchiwa is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    1,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Autarch View Post
    Is that Six Tailed Naruto smashing Nagato with that huge rock on the 2nd one?

    They don't seem like the claws Naruto always has but rather like human hands....
    yup thats him lol straight into the ground like a screw
     
         

  • #18
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    13,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Wright You'r own story the way you want and if it doesn't work out,then You will know why Kishi ideas work and you'r are so much failures waiting to happen.
     
         

  • #19
    Senior Member Arugon's Avatar
    Status
    Arugon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Jiraiya's death was tragic and the manga really hasn't been the same since. Not that I'm furious that he is gone like the Jiraiya fanboys, but no other character provided the comic relief that he did.

    Also if Sakura is no longer going to be developed, then kill her off. She is simply a waste of Panels at this point.
     
         

  • #20
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    Posts
    6,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Autarch View Post
    Unfortunately, you failed in correcting his grammatical mistake.
    It is "Your spelling and grammar is a blunder" not "You're spelling and grammar is a blunder"

    You're spelling and grammar is a blunder would mean You ARE spelling and grammar is a blunder.
    lol Too true. Fail on my part.

    Still, it could somewhat make sense, in a way.
     
         

  • #21
    Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    TheCloudsBlackLightning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your house
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Wright You'r own story the way you want and if it doesn't work out,then You will know why Kishi ideas work and you'r are so much failures waiting to happen.
    Now THAT is a grammar blunder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Autarch View Post
    Is that Six Tailed Naruto smashing Nagato with that huge rock on the 2nd one?

    They don't seem like the claws Naruto always has but rather like human hands....
    Dont worry about it Mayuri. That whole fight is a complete WTF.
     
         

  • #22
    Senior Member Moe22's Avatar
    Status
    Moe22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Narutobase
    Posts
    2,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Autarch View Post
    Where the hell did you get those gif from?
    I am pretty sure that there was no such scene during Nagato's battle with Jiraiya and later on with Naruto.
    Yeah pretty sure that did happen. Watch the anime.

    Care for one more?
     
         

  • #23
    Senior Member Arugon's Avatar
    Status
    Arugon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe22 View Post
    Yeah pretty sure that did happen. Watch the anime.

    Care for one more?
    LMAO this has turned into a Pain gif thread
     
         

  • #24
    Senior Member Naruto KM V2's Avatar
    Status
    Naruto KM V2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    great minds discuss ideas,
    average minds discuss events,
    small minds discuss people
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    i agree with 2-5
     
         

  • #25
    Member Whiteknight's Avatar
    Status
    Whiteknight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Top Blunders of the Naruto Series

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCloudsBlackLightning View Post
    5
    Wasted Character development and the manga revolving around ocular jutsu. Characters(like Sakura) had alot of potiential and Kishi didnt take advantage of any of it. Instead, he took away their previous character develpment.

    At first, the sharigan was a simple technigue which minor advantages and weaknesses. Then all of sudden, the sharigan has numerous OP technigues and the main plot of the story revloves around the sharigan and rinnegan. Such a powerful eye can be stolen and transplanted so easily(Madara,Sasuke,Obito,Nagato and Danzo). The whole concept of the special eyes is nothing special at all.
    I definitely agree with this one. Kishi has a problem that he created for himself. He's been talking the entire time about how Sasuke would be the final battle against Naruto. However, Naruto with the fox inside clearly has more potential to gain power than Sasuke does. Current Bijuu-mode Naruto is completely overwhelming compared to Sasuke (especially when Naruto has an entire army at his back).

    To make it so Sasuke can compete with Naruto, Kishi had to make the Uchiha into over-powered Super Hero ninjas. That means, the sharingan have to be these ultimate super duper eyes that keep gaining powerups for odd reasons. Now the next powerup for Sasuke is clearly going to be the Rinnegan, Kishi has been setting that up and it's the only real way for Sasuke to get as powerful as Naruto is now (assuming Naruto doesn't gain any more power).

    BUT, this raises a few problems:
    1) If the Uchiha are so powerful, how is it that when they fought the Senju they lost?
    2) Awakening the MS seems to be pretty easy. Shisui did it (did Shisui kill his best friend?) Itachi did it (who did Itachi kill?) Sasuke did it. Obito did it. Kakashi did it. If it's so easy, more Uchiha should have been able to do it in the past and they would have been even more powerful than the Senju.
    3) If the Uchiha have Izanagi and the potential to (easily) awaken MS, how is it that Itachi and Obito together killed the entire clan? If the Uchiha are supposedly so powerful, how is it that two people could defeat all of them?

    Also, Itachi clearly told Sasuke to kill his best friend (Naruto). Sasuke almost did it. Later, Itachi relied on Naruto to save Sasuke and turn Sasuke back into a hero. WTF was Itachi's plan? What would have happened if Sasuke DID KILL NARUTO LIKE ITACHI INSTRUCTED? Then, Sasuke gained the MS even though he didn't kill his best friend like Itachi said. So Itachi clearly lied about it, and his lie would have caused more harm than good if Sasuke followed it. If we don't want Itachi to be a stupid liar, then we have to say all sorts of weird things like Itachi must have been Sasuke's best friend, or the MS can awaken from killing anybody you care about (and Naruto was the only person Sasuke cared about at the time). But wouldn't killing Naruto have made the 9-tails come back without Jinchuuriki, which would have made it easier for Akatsuki to capture (especially since we know Obito can control it with his sharingan)? That doesn't make any sense if Itachi is secretly a "good guy".

    So, yeah. The Uchiha being overpowered because Sasuke needs to keep up with Naruto for story reasons is a big problem in the manga. The other big mistake is Itachi's early appearances, when Kishi clearly hadn't planned for him to be a good guy yet.
     
         

  • Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •