Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Breaking the Cycle of Hatred

When the Sage of 6 Paths died, he picked one of his two sons to be his heir. In most "real" cases, the oldest son should have become the heir. However, the Sage picked the younger son because the younger son had better ideals. This started the cycle of hatred, because the son who should have become the leader (the older one, the Uchiha) did not, but the son who should not have been the leader (the younger one, the Senju) did.

Hashirama offered the job of the first hokage to Madara. Madara looked like he was happy to have the job. However later Tobirama said that the people should decide, and the people decided against Madara. Again, the person who should have been in charge (Madara, the uchiha) did not, while the person who did not want to be in charge (Hashirama, the Senju) did.

Arguably there's another smaller event with Itachi and Danzo. Hiruzen said that Itachi "thought like a hokage". This suggests that Itachi could have been considered for that position if the Uchiha weren't planning a coup and if Danzo didn't talk him into performing the massacre. Itachi, who probably should have become hokage one day was instead turned into a criminal, while Danzo (who definitely should not have been hokage), eventually became the acting Hokage while tsunade was in a coma. (If you want to be picky and point out that Danzo wasn't a hokage, I can mention that Tsunade IS a Senju, and she became the fifth hokage when Itachi might have been considered for the position, if he wasn't a criminal).

That is 3 times that the cycle of hatred has continued. Each time there is a real opportunity for an Uchiha to be recognized by everybody as a hero and a leader, but instead a Senju has taken the position.

Now we're coming to a critical moment in the story: Sasuke is coming to the battlefield on the side of the allies. There is another opportunity for this cycle to be broken. In the end, if Sasuke is redeemed as a hero, the obvious choice will be between Sasuke and Naruto to become the next hokage. Naruto is obviously a major hero of the war and well-liked by everybody. Sasuke is leading a powerful team to come help as well. Both will be seen as heroes in the end.

Naruto will suggest to Sasuke that he should be the next hokage, and protect the village (and therefore protect Itachi's dream and honor Itachi and the Uchiha). Somebody will suggest that the people should instead decide (and the people will probably choose Naruto). There are two options:

1) Naruto accepts. He becomes hokage. Sasuke is snubbed and the cycle of hatred continues for the next generation.
    2) Naruto declines. Naruto insists that Sasuke becomes the next hokage. Sasuke does become the hokage, the Uchiha are redeemed and the cycle of hatred is broken forever.

Kishi has been foreshadowing this issue quite a lot, and I think option #2 is what will happen in the end of the manga. Thoughts?

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.

Re: Breaking the Cycle of Hatred

You forgot a third option: Sasuke figures it out for himself. What if he is the one to break the cycle? Instead of becoming just another Uchiha upset about getting second-place, he can just chill, or maybe just realize that Uchihas through history have been mistaken.

Like Madara said, don't mistake the means (becoming Hokage) for the end/goal (Peace). That's the interpretation I'm going with, anyhow.

Last edited by AaaaNinja; 04-19-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty then!!!!!!!!!!

Sasuke NEVER cared about the hokage's postion.All he wants is to protect his brother's ideals from dying.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by pandu View Post
    Sasuke NEVER cared about the hokage's postion.All he wants is to protect his brother's ideals from dying.
    Madara never really cared about the Hokage position either. Madara only wanted to protect his clan. Hashirama wanted Madara to see the rest of the village as his brothers. That would have been enough.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    $wankinnnn.

Nice insight. I like your theories. I wonder if the people would accept sasuke as a hokage.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I as well like this theory, very well thought out indeed.

I too would like to see where this Hokage business will end up at with Sasuke and Naruto coming together.

Also, I wonder what the people's reaction will be towards Sasuke and Orochimaru coming to the battlefield. It certainly can't be a pretty site to see two deadly rogue ninjas entering the scene.

Nonetheless, quite a theory you have going there!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty then!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    Madara never really cared about the Hokage position either. Madara only wanted to protect his clan. Hashirama wanted Madara to see the rest of the village as his brothers. That would have been enough.
    Madara wanted true peace.He and hashirama dreamed of uniting clans when they were children.Sasuke was never really into that kind of stuff.

The ReeseKage of Brooklyn ReeseKage's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trollin fanboys since'88

Nice. Naruto might jus wanna give the position to sasuke but out if honor, sasuke might wanna fight for the position. A friendly battle.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There will ALWAYS be hatred, if not an Uchiha, then some other clan will rise up, it's always like that.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm sorry, but the cycle of hatred can only end with Sasuke's death.

When push came to shove, Naruto decided to end the cycle by not killing Nagato.

When push came to shove, Sasuke continued the cycle by killing Danzo.

You can say that Sasuke was in the right, or Danzo was evil. But before Naruto heard Nagato story. Nagato's plans and they way he went about them was just as evil.

Sasuke made the wrong choice, he attacked the 5 kage summit, he allied with akatsuki, he killed many Samurai, caused the Raikage to lose his arm. The children and families of those samurai will not stay silent, and what if Danzo had an unknown family we didn't know about? Sasuke actions have caused the cycle to continue, and his redemption I feel can only be obtained through his death.

However, this is just based on the assumption that Kishi follows through with his story structure of "cause and effect". However, I've seen that Kishi isn't very good at this, and he just might let Sasuke live out of some strange reason, and just forget about the people he killed and all the evil he's done. Kishi did it with Karin, stabbed in the heart and left to die, and she still forgives him, thats just pathetic but so are most of the girls in Naruto, Hinata,Sakura,Karin always lame for the man the love.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is a Virtue...Being
    tested on a regular puts a
    strain..Don't test this if u
    aint bout that life

Great theory...I like ur points that make perfect sense but to be a protector Sasuke doesn't really have to be Hokage..Like many others in the village had great potential to be Hokage example Jiraya who refused the position to be the 5th and Hatake Kakashi was almost voted to be the 6th Hokage..These are two great shinobi in their own rights they preferred to jus protect the village and the will of fire in their own way with out having to have the title of leadership..Point being Hokage is jus a title loving the village and protecting the people is every shinobi's right and duty.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.

No, Sasuke doesn't want to be Hokage and Naruto has been saying he would be Hokage sense Chapter one.

Besides, appeasing a criminal by giving him power so he will stop hating is just ridiculous.

That's like giving a child throwing a tantrum what they want in order to get them to stop.

Sasuke should figure stop it by realizing that he is wrong. That hatred isn't the way.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

sasuke and hockage not seems to be happening

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    When the Sage of 6 Paths died, he picked one of his two sons to be his heir. In most "real" cases, the oldest son should have become the heir. However, the Sage picked the younger son because the younger son had better ideals. This started the cycle of hatred, because the son who should have become the leader (the older one, the Uchiha) did not, but the son who should not have been the leader (the younger one, the Senju) did.

Hashirama offered the job of the first hokage to Madara. Madara looked like he was happy to have the job. However later Tobirama said that the people should decide, and the people decided against Madara. Again, the person who should have been in charge (Madara, the uchiha) did not, while the person who did not want to be in charge (Hashirama, the Senju) did.

Arguably there's another smaller event with Itachi and Danzo. Hiruzen said that Itachi "thought like a hokage". This suggests that Itachi could have been considered for that position if the Uchiha weren't planning a coup and if Danzo didn't talk him into performing the massacre. Itachi, who probably should have become hokage one day was instead turned into a criminal, while Danzo (who definitely should not have been hokage), eventually became the acting Hokage while tsunade was in a coma. (If you want to be picky and point out that Danzo wasn't a hokage, I can mention that Tsunade IS a Senju, and she became the fifth hokage when Itachi might have been considered for the position, if he wasn't a criminal).

That is 3 times that the cycle of hatred has continued. Each time there is a real opportunity for an Uchiha to be recognized by everybody as a hero and a leader, but instead a Senju has taken the position.

Now we're coming to a critical moment in the story: Sasuke is coming to the battlefield on the side of the allies. There is another opportunity for this cycle to be broken. In the end, if Sasuke is redeemed as a hero, the obvious choice will be between Sasuke and Naruto to become the next hokage. Naruto is obviously a major hero of the war and well-liked by everybody. Sasuke is leading a powerful team to come help as well. Both will be seen as heroes in the end.

Naruto will suggest to Sasuke that he should be the next hokage, and protect the village (and therefore protect Itachi's dream and honor Itachi and the Uchiha). Somebody will suggest that the people should instead decide (and the people will probably choose Naruto). There are two options:

1) Naruto accepts. He becomes hokage. Sasuke is snubbed and the cycle of hatred continues for the next generation.
    2) Naruto declines. Naruto insists that Sasuke becomes the next hokage. Sasuke does become the hokage, the Uchiha are redeemed and the cycle of hatred is broken forever.

Kishi has been foreshadowing this issue quite a lot, and I think option #2 is what will happen in the end of the manga. Thoughts?
    Good read, but you forgot about one key thing.
    NOTHING ever happens the same way twice.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Searching hints

Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    You forgot a third option: Sasuke figures it out for himself. What if he is the one to break the cycle? Instead of becoming just another Uchiha upset about getting second-place, he can just chill, or maybe just realize that Uchihas through history have been mistaken.

Like Madara said, don't mistake the means (becoming Hokage) for the end/goal (Peace). That's the interpretation I'm going with, anyhow.
    Talking about the road of kings. Maybe Sasuke is not saying that he will become Hokage literally, but he wants to have that post only for someone who can handle it without doing something reckless. Probably this means Sasuke wants the Konoha Council out of the village institutionality.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh

Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post

I partially agree with this. I believe it's a combination of Naruto being the sage and Sasuke ending the Uchiha Curse of Hatred, but obviously both of them accepting each other which the original sons never did. Naruto saves everyone, dies, and brings peace, Sasuke then retains what Naruto died for and becomes Hokage/national peace maker. That's basically what I think is going to happen in the end.

Side note: With the majority of the world working together, lacking hatred, would that affect the Juubi at all? Why is it so damn angry? Does it not have reason?

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "To be Hokage, that is my
    dream!"

Nice, Naruto will break it

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "To be Hokage, that is my
    dream!"