Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The reason Oda timeskip > Kishi timeskip

In onepiece, characters develop even when they are not present in many chapters. The timeskip was very interesting because all of the side characters had also developed in interesting ways. You get the feeling a lot has happened in the two year timeskip, and it's implied by 1-2 pages showing things like
    buggy becoming a Shichibukai

Kishi writes a timeskip and only sasuke improves noticeably, every other character is at the same level as before. gaara also improves but not significantly. That's only two characters. Nothing really happens in that time either, other than gaara becoming kage-level. No one does anything interesting or makes any plans. There aren't any new relationships or friendships either: it's like everyone was in stasis for 3 years. A few other rank changes happen but they are pretty trivial. What a boring time-skip.

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.

Re: The reason Oda timeskip > Kishi timeskip

I think the purpose of all that was for "that jutsu"

I agree it was really lame that two arcs later Naruto needed another training arc, but I'm cool I guess. But to be fair, those developments in one piece come out like a hundred chapters later. Oda takes his sweet little time getting things out, so I won't give him too much credit. Kishi got right to the point and didn't waste time

And gaara arc >>>>>>>> fishman island by leaps and bounds. Fishman island was garbage.

That being said, Buggy ftmw! :D

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I liked Naruto's more.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    In death, there is peace.

Another notable reason is the fact that he did it at a way later chapter which allowed it to go smoothly.

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder

I was hoping Naruto would be a lot stronger. Speaking of One Piece, Zoro might now be stronger than Luffy. He hasn't hurt for real yet and simply dominated all of his opponents

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

Both were awesome but I agree, Luffy and the crew came back from training far stronger, Naruto came back from his without that much of an upgrade, but then again, that is Narutos story for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I was hoping Naruto would be a lot stronger. Speaking of One Piece, Zoro might now be stronger than Luffy. He hasn't hurt for real yet and simply dominated all of his opponents
    Zoro is a boss for sure, but I don't think he would be stronger than Luffy and let him be the captain still. Zoro respects Luffy so much because of his strength to protect the crew imo.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    In death, there is peace.

Naw, The monster trio has a set order.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosman View Post

I agree it was really lame that two arcs later Naruto needed another training arc, but I'm cool I guess. But to be fair, those developments in one piece come out like a hundred chapters later. Oda takes his sweet little time getting things out, so I won't give him too much credit. Kishi got right to the point and didn't waste time

And gaara arc >>>>>>>> fishman island by leaps and bounds. Fishman island was garbage.

This is what was so annoying. naruto 'trained' for 3 years but he really didn't seem any stronger. then he needs another training session over like 3 days and masters rasengan. it felt so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoB View Post
    I liked Naruto's more.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    Another notable reason is the fact that he did it at a way later chapter which allowed it to go smoothly.
    I think narutos could have gone better if kishi had planned more for the timeskip instead of just putting one or two things and redesigning the characters.

I was also hoping naruto would improve

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    ofc!l

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatloser View Post
    This is what was so annoying. naruto 'trained' for 3 years but he really didn't seem any stronger. then he needs another training session over like 3 days and masters rasengan. it felt so dumb.

why?

I think narutos could have gone better if kishi had planned more for the timeskip instead of just putting one or two things and redesigning the characters.

Yea, Naruto should of had SOME wind jutsus perhaps, better summoning skills, basiclly a fighting style near Jiraiyas but without the possiblity of Sage Mode or Rasenshuriken yet. If it was frogs and some combinations with them and stuff that he came away with I would be happy.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

why?

I have a lot of reasons. Gaara became Kazekage, Neji became Jounin, etc. Also the Naruto characters were like 13 in part one, I wanted them older.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutohokage7 View Post
    Yea, Naruto should of had SOME wind jutsus perhaps, better summoning skills, basiclly a fighting style near Jiraiyas but without the possiblity of Sage Mode or Rasenshuriken yet. If it was frogs and some combinations with them and stuff that he came away with I would be happy.
    Naruto literally learned nothing over the time-skip other then 'that jutsu.'

his fighting style was the same, he was better at it, sure, but still just sc -> rasengan. he had no new techs or jutsu. he wasn't any stronger. what did he even do over three years besides grow taller?

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.

Like I said before guys, I think "that jutsu" is going to be the explanation as to what went down those three years. We actually don't know much about what Naruto did with Jiraiya other than the fact that he had Naruto's seal loosened to allow kyuubi chakra to come out. All this so he could perform "that jutsu".

I think that was Kishi's way of making it so if/when Naruto pulls out some random ass jutsu that he shouldn't be able to perform, nobody screams "ASSPULL!" "BULLSHIT!"...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoB View Post
    I have a lot of reasons. Gaara became Kazekage, Neji became Jounin, etc. Also the Naruto characters were like 13 in part one, I wanted them older.
    yeah, but the character didn't really develop. the story didn't really move forward in any way besides Gaara becoming Kazekage. I won't try and tell you that your opinion is wrong but so much more happened in the one piece timeskip; I have to ask, do you even read one piece?

Like I said before guys, I think "that jutsu" is going to be the explanation as to what went down those three years. We actually don't know much about what Naruto did with Jiraiya other than the fact that he had Naruto's seal loosened to allow kyuubi chakra to come out. All this so he could perform "that jutsu".

I think that was Kishi's way of making it so if/when Naruto pulls out some random ass jutsu that he shouldn't be able to perform, nobody screams "ASSPULL!" "BULLSHIT!"...
    honestly, I think kishi has either forgotten about 'that jutsu' or written it out of the story.

Last edited by Ira; 05-01-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed. Naruto came back almost as the same thing as before the time-skip. He barely improved. But then, in part 2, with less than an year, he masters rasen-shuriken, sage mode, kyuubi chakra mode, and bijuu mode, but after the time-skip, a 3 year time skip, he barely improved.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    ofc!l

Naruto literally learned nothing over the time-skip other then 'that jutsu.'

his fighting style was the same, he was better at it, sure, but still just sc -> rasengan. he had no new techs or jutsu. he wasn't any stronger. what did he even do over three years besides grow taller?
    Don't forget he trained to break free from gen-jutsu for that to only end up badly when trapped in Itachis..

Jiraiya should of worked on his toad summoning skills, like got him to summon all the different types, have them fight along side him. Plenty of strong shinobis do it, so why shouldn't Naruto? Bigger Rasengans should of just come as part of his development naturally, not as some chance of going nuts when using it because of Kyuubi chakra thing.

Perhaps, even the one tailed cloak should of been unlocked, that would of given him a lot of power without really overpowering him at that stage.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

yeah, but the character didn't really develop. the story didn't really move forward in any way besides Gaara becoming Kazekage. I won't try and tell you that your opinion is wrong but so much more happened in the one piece timeskip; I have to ask, do you even read one piece?
    Yes I do read it.

Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.

Oda timeskip>Kishi timeskip by leaps and bounds.

All of Kishi's characters remained the same. All they had was different rank and clothing that didnt make a difference.

Oda's characters had a huge upgrade and a slight personality change to one of their traits(zoro being more cold-hearted, Sanji having a bigger temper etc.). Not to mention that there was a MAJOR change to the outside world during the timeskip. All Kishi did was make Gaara a kage.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

My thoughts exactly. And just look how long did Fishman island arc took, about 50 fvcking chapters without any solid info. I can't really show how much I disliked that arc; it almost ruined the whole manga for me.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfus View Post
    Agreed. Naruto came back almost as the same thing as before the time-skip. He barely improved. But then, in part 2, with less than an year, he masters rasen-shuriken, sage mode, kyuubi chakra mode, and bijuu mode, but after the time-skip, a 3 year time skip, he barely improved.
    I personally think kishi has a hard time developing characters off-panel. Like, if they aren't shown improving, they don't improve. not sure why this is.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    ofc!l

honestly, I think kishi has either forgotten about 'that jutsu' or written it out of the story.
    I though 'that jutsu' was the big ball rasengan. Remember Jiraiya warned him agaisnt using it.. it would explain it since he tapped into Kuramas chakra to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCloudsBlackLightning View Post
    Oda timeskip>Kishi timeskip by leaps and bounds.

All of Kishi's characters remained the same. All they had was different rank and clothing that didnt make a difference.

Oda's characters had a huge upgrade and a slight personality change to one of their traits(zoro being more cold-hearted, Sanji having a bigger temper etc.). Not to mention that there was a MAJOR change to the outside world during the timeskip. All Kishi did was make Gaara a kage.
    I disagree with Zoro being cold-hearted. Zoro gets the job done and does it well, he still would go with Luffy into hell and back to rescue someone even if it wasn't entirely the best idea.

Sanji, he had bigger pervspasms really and guys, he has had enough of them for a lifetime..

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder

Yeah how come Naruto didn't even know that he was a wind style user? What the hell was Jirayia teaching him during those two years haha

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Don't forget he trained to break free from gen-jutsu for that to only end up badly when trapped in Itachis..

Jiraiya should of worked on his toad summoning skills, like got him to summon all the different types, have them fight along side him. Plenty of strong shinobis do it, so why shouldn't Naruto? Bigger Rasengans should of just come as part of his development naturally, not as some chance of going nuts when using it because of Kyuubi chakra thing.

Perhaps, even the one tailed cloak should of been unlocked, that would of given him a lot of power without really overpowering him at that stage.
    I agree with all of this post but bolded he probably didn't wanna do to avoid DBZ'ing the manga.

of course, with KM mode and BM mode, it kind of ended up happening anyway.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimple View Post
    Yet Naruto > OP in terms of popularity

the sad truth,

which any OP fan have to deal and live with it.
    So? Popularity doesn't matter and that's coming from someone that likes Naruto way more than OP.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimple View Post
    Yet Naruto > OP in terms of popularity

the sad truth,

which any OP fan have to deal and live with it.
    Twilight > The Odyssey

in terms of popularity.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I though 'that jutsu' was the big ball rasengan. Remember Jiraiya warned him agaisnt using it.. it would explain it since he tapped into Kuramas chakra to use it.
    That's a cool theory. I guess it could have just been big ball rasengan.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»