Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I get reincarnated... I
    wanna become a clam.

The Ancient Weapons and their King

-Be aware of Spoilers-

The Ancient Weapons and their King

This will be a long read for you guys, but I do hope you have the time to go through it all. This theory is divided into three parts, where each part is about something different. What I'm about to show you is something I've been working on for a couple of weeks, something I suddenly thought of while studying in my room for myself. For some of you, this theory is something you haven't even considered.

The identity of each Ancient Weapon

Poseidon would be known as the "God of the Sea" in Greek mythology, also the name of one of the Great Ancient Weapon in the series. Not long ago, it became known to us readers that none other than Shirahoshi is this weapon, possessed with the power to control the Sea Kings.

This power was fully awakened during the battle of Fishman Island, which in the end saved the great ship Noah from being destroyed by the hands of Luffy. It was once stated that Shirahoshi inherited this power from the former Mermaid Princess, who lived during the Void Century.

This was most likely due to them being related, as in because they share the same blood. To stretch it a bit further, Shirahoshi might have inherited the soul of the former Mermaid Princess. Either way, it has been passed down from a living being to another living being.

• Why did this power awaken during the battle on Fishman Island?
    • How is she connected to the other Ancient Weapons?
    • Why does a living being possess this power?
    Pluto or Pluton was the ruler of the underworld in Greek mythology, and is known in One Piece as an ancient ship capable of massive damage and destruction, though it has never appeared in the story. Even if it has been stated to be such a thing, I don’t believe the ship itself is the Ancient Weapon, but rather something, a living being, that controls it from the inside.

Just as Shirahoshi inherited the power to communicate with Sea Kings, I think the power to control this ship is also passed down from generation to generation. If this happens to be true, then there’s only one person I can think of as Pluton, and that is…

… Roronoa Zoro, our very own swordsman in the Strawhat Pirates. Even though they are small, there has been given some “signs” and “hints” that Zoro really is one of the Ancient Weapons, Pluton.

• Why do I think Zoro is one of the Ancient Weapons?
    • How is he connected to the other weapons?
    • What power does he possess?
    Uranus was the primal Greek god personifying the sky, the “God of the Sky” in Greek mythology. In the series, nothing is currently known about Uranus, except for its name. Due to what God it’s named after, it can be assumed it has something to do with the sky or weather.

In my theory, this third weapon is the same as the two others; it is a living being. Considering the power of Uranus has something to do with the weather, there’s one person who fits perfectly in my theory. Just like Roronoa Zoro, this person has, throughout the series, shown small “signs” of being an Ancient Weapon. This person is none other than…

… Nami, the navigator of the Strawhat Pirates. Even if it is close to unthinkable that she’s one of the great Ancient Weapons of destruction, she’s one of the most likely candidates to be one, at least when looking at One Piece in details.

• Why do I think Nami is one of the Ancient Weapons?
    • How is she connected to the other weapons?
    • What power does she possess?
    As my theory continues, there will be a fourth person in all of this; a person who will lead them all. This person has the most important role of them all; a role only one person will be able to do, which I will explain later on in this thread.

Just like the Ancient Weapons, this person has also inherited a power from someone in the past. Though it didn’t awaken, this person showed clear signs of having this ability during the battle of Fishman Island. Yes, I’m talking about none other than…

… Monkey D. Luffy, the captain of the Strawhat Pirates. Luffy, including the former Pirate King, are the only people who have shown signs of having this power; the power to hear the voice of all things.

• What is Luffy’s role?
    • Why suddenly showing signs of having this ability during the battle of Fishman Island?

If you just read the first part, then you're probably already against this theory, something I do understand. However, before scrolling down and start arguing with me about this thread, try to read the second part. I'm sure at least a few of you will find it interesting.

Explanation of the Ancient Weapons

First of all, it’s really important you have all read the Side Story of Enel. It’s pretty much the backbone of my theory, so I recommend that you don’t continue before taking a look at it. I’ll just put it here in case you really do want to read it:

Be aware that the drawings on the wall, the drawings Enel is looking at, are the most important part of the side story, including my theory. This second part of my theory is going to be about why I think all three of the Ancient Weapons are living beings and why they are the characters I mentioned in the previous part.

As you can see on the wall paintings, there are three people who are descending towards “The Blue Planet”. As I see it, these people are the former Ancient Weapons; three living beings. Their blood, including the powers they once held, has been passed down from generation to generation.

All three of the people on the wall painting resembles current living characters, or at least to some degree. This isn’t noticeable to the naked eye, but if you study the wall painting to every detail, there’s a chance you might notice some things from here to there.

Poseidon, the Ancient Weapon that can communicate with the Sea Kings, currently holding the form of Shirahoshi. If my theory is correct, the person on the picture above would most likely be Poseidon at that time.

The thing that caught my eye after my search for some resemblances between this person and Shirahoshi, was right in front of me all the time. The place where his ear should be is replaced with something that clearly looks like a fin of a fish, supporting the idea that this person is Poseidon and has some sort of connection with the mermen.

There are also minor similarities like both of them, Shirahoshi and the person on the wall painting, are wearing a skirt of some sort. Something that can also be pointed out is that the person on the wall painting is wearing some sort of hat that resembles an animal.

More won’t be said about Poseidon in this part of the theory, as there is no doubt that the current form of this Ancient Weapon is Shirahoshi.

Pluton, the Ancient Weapon that is named after the “God of the Underworld”. The person on the picture, the second person from the wall paintings, has the likeliest chances of being Pluton. There are actually a couple of traits the former Pluton and Zoro shares together; even though that’s far from the reason I think Zoro is the current Ancient Weapon.

Similar Traits

The same as Poseidon, I found something interesting around the part where the ear should be; three weird looking things as you can see here. Without a second look, you can easily find them similar to Zoro’s earrings; the earrings that have been hanging down from Zoro’s left ear since the beginning of One Piece.

Another minor trait is that both are wearing some sort of coat, or at least they started sharing this trait after the timeskip. This doesn’t really prove anything, as there has been shown many characters with a coat throughout the series.

Power

Throughout the show, Zoro has shown others he can bring forth a unique power. The first time we got to see it was during the fight on Enies Lobby, while he was fighting Kaku in his giraffe form. Even though it didn’t last long, Zoro made it clear that his new ability was special.

Even though it might be a translation mistake of some sort, Kaku clearly called it a “Demon God”. As all of us know, or at least should know, demons are creatures from the underworld. This isn’t really proof of anything, but it supports the idea that Zoro really is Pluton; the Ancient Weapon that has its name from the “God of the Underworld”.

Just like Shirahoshi’s powers didn’t awaken before recently, it can be assumed that Zoro’s power as yet to awaken as well.

Not a Ship

Instead of a ship, I claim Pluton is a living being instead, something I truly believe. Unfortunately, I don’t really have much to back this up with, except one minor detail. If you look at the picture above, try to study the hat the person is wearing. If you look closely, there is a chance you find the hat similar to a steering wheel, which would, to some degree, support the idea that Pluton is the power that can control the ship instead of being the ship itself.

Uranus, the Ancient Weapon that is named after the “God of the Sky”. As the two others have already been given a name, it should be assumed that this is Uranus of the three.

Similar Traits

Unlike the others, Nami and the person on the picture don’t really share many traits. However, there is one thing that they share; both of them are using a type of staff. Even though the chances are slim, it is a possibility that both of these staffs have something to do with the weather, just like Nami’s.

Power

From nearly the start of the series, Nami has also shown others he can bring forth a special power. Even if it isn’t often, it has been shown more than once; the instinct as a navigator. One of the moments she has used this power, without knowledge of it of course, was during their time with Vivi. The thing that’s special about this moment is that Vivi actually mentioned Nami being special, or at least implying it.

So as Vivi stated, Nami can use her own instinct to predict the weather. Again, it’s no proof, but it’s supporting the theory that she’s really Uranus; the Ancient Weapon named after the “God of the Sky”.
    If it’s true that Nami has this power, she’s probably in the same position as Zoro; a position where their powers have yet to be awakened.

So now that I've explained the Ancient Weapon, it's time for the third part. Be aware that this part lacks supporting points, so it's basically just speculation. Even so, there's no need to look down on it as impossible.

The Role as a King

A role has been passed down from generation to generation; a role that can only be completed once by one certain person. This role is to lead all the Ancient Weapons to the right path; a path they can’t choose by themselves. A task like this was given to none other than Monkey D. Luffy; the man who will become the King of the Seas.

It was Luffy who helped both Nami and Zoro when they needed it most; it was Luffy who brought them to the Grand Line, and it was Luffy who led them to Shirahoshi, the current form of Poseidon. Without Luffy being there for them, there would have been no chance of them being able to meet each other.

The moment every single one of the Ancient Weapons, including Luffy, were together on Fishman Island, something strange occurred. In the end of their battle on Fishman Island, their powers started to blossom. However, it was only Luffy’s and Shirahoshi’s powers that showed any sign of getting stronger. To stretch it a bit further, their blood and souls started to react as they could feel each other’s presence.

This was his, Luffy’s, final task, to bring them together. There was only one problem; their powers had yet to be awakened. It is unclear what each of their roles are, but they can’t complete it without being able to use their abilities as Ancient Weapons. His role is to bring all of them together when their powers have awakened, something that will happen in the future of One Piece.

Luffy promised to meet with Shirahoshi again, something that is likely to happen. When that time comes, the ancient weapons will once again be gathered in one place.

Many people had the same task before our current king, but they all failed or wasn’t able to do it. Gol D. Roger, the former Pirate King, had the same task, but like all the others before him, he failed. Even so, they had one thing in common, and that is "The Voice of all things".

This is my theory about the Ancient Weapons and their King, thanks for reading. If you got time, tell me what you think about it!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.

Re: The Ancient Weapons and their King

If pluton is a living being then why are their blueprints for it?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    If pluton is a living being then why are their blueprints for it?
    I don't deny the ship is real, it most likely is. It's probably the most dangerous ships ever made, but I don't think that's what Pluton really is. What I think is that you need a special power to control it. The person who once controlled this ship was probably inside it or at least not seen by others, so people assumed it was the ship that had that great power.

Even if they did see the person who controlled the ship, they wouldn't assume that person is needed for it to move and attack.

Last edited by Skylar Knight; 05-01-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post
    I don't deny the ship is real, it most likely is. It's probably the most dangerous ships ever made, but I don't think that's what Pluton really is. What I think is that you need a special power to control it. The person who once controlled this ship was probably inside it or at least not seen by others, so people assumed it was the ship that had that great power.

Even if they did see the person who controlled the ship, they wouldn't assume that person is needed for it to move and attack.
    I doubt they would think such a thing. they would explore every possible aspect to make sure it's not only under their command but it also works at 100 percent.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

I doubt they would think such a thing. they would explore every possible aspect to make sure it's not only under their command but it also works at 100 percent.
    Don't be too sure anyone except these three people got to use it. It might have been either hidden or destroyed before they were ridden off in the end of the Void Century. The only thing that was left behind might be those blueprints.

Last edited by Skylar Knight; 05-01-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be too sure anyone except these three people got to use it. It might have been either hidden or destroyed before they were ridden off in the end of the Void Century. The only thing that was left behind might be these blueprints.
    But if you needed a certain someone to control it what is the point in having blue prints?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

But if you needed a certain someone to control it what is the point in having blue prints?
    Because no one knew a certain someone was needed to control it; of course they want the blueprints if they think that's the only thing necessary for one to gain its power. Also, the blueprints might have been found by someone after the Void Century.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Because no one knew a certain someone was needed to control it; of course they want the blueprints if they think that's the only thing necessary for one to gain its power. Also, the blueprints might have been found by someone after the Void Century.
    The blue prints have been passed down from generation to generation of craftsman so it had to originally belonged to a notable craftsman from the void century.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

That's a really cool and well made theory, though I highly disagree about one thing, and that's Zoro being Pluton. If anyone is supposed to be Pluton, I imagine it's Franky. The thing that one of the moon people have on their head looks mechanical or something. That's by no means a clue, but it steers the theory more towards Franky than Zoro.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

The blue prints have been passed down from generation to generation of craftsman so it had to originally belonged to a notable craftsman from the void century.
    It was never stated who the blueprints originally belonged to, only that it had been passed down from shipwright to shipwright as a way to protect it from people who wants to use its power.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    That's a really cool and well made theory, though I highly disagree about one thing, and that's Zoro being Pluton. If anyone is supposed to be Pluton, I imagine it's Franky. The thing that one of the moon people have on their head looks mechanical or something. That's by no means a clue, but it steers the theory more towards Franky than Zoro.
    The only thing Franky has in common is what you stated, even though it's not necessary something mechanical. Zoro, on the other hand, has a power that can be related to the name that was given to the Ancient Weapon, Pluton; the God of the Underworld.

Last edited by Skylar Knight; 05-01-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not inactive. Just
    preoccupied.

I think the point you're bringing up is rather weak to be honest. Yes, there's blueprints for the ship. But let's be honest, it shouldn't be possible to mass produce Ancient Weapons, you can't mass produce poseidon so why Pluton? In short, it's simply 'too easy'. There has to be something more. Otherwise I'm sure there would've been more people after Tom.

Anyway, I'll probably be back to pick apart this theory later on. ~_~ Looks pretty nice and well thought out, but there's a few things that seemed a bit unstable to me.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaze View Post
    I think the point you're bringing up is rather weak to be honest. Yes, there's blueprints for the ship. But let's be honest, it shouldn't be possible to mass produce Ancient Weapons, you can't mass produce poseidon so why Pluton? In short, it's simply 'too easy'. There has to be something more. Otherwise I'm sure there would've been more people after Tom.

Anyway, I'll probably be back to pick apart this theory later on. ~_~ Looks pretty nice and well thought out, but there's a few things that seemed a bit unstable to me.
    I agree, to mass produce a weapon that could destroy the Government without difficulties doesn't really make much sense. And Oda has always been one to surprise, so we should expect the unexpected

If you found something unstable in my theory, tell me about it when you got the time for it. I'll be waiting to explain it in a better way if possible.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

same as on OPB:

after reading that i got the idea of Luffy being kind of a shepherd and not a king, while it might be possible I think Luffys role would be much more than that

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Excellent theory , well presented , solid points with backed up evidence , i think i might go by this theory from now on until Goda announces otherwise or proves this to be correct , great work! + r e p

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    Excellent theory , well presented , solid points with backed up evidence , i think i might go by this theory from now on until Goda announces otherwise or proves this to be correct , great work! + r e p
    I'm glad you liked the theory, I put a lot of effort into making it. It's probably not going to happen though, but I still like to think this theory is correct Thanks!

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg

Amazing is an understatement to this theory.

Also, if what you say about Pluton & Uranus being a person, who do you think were the two preceding Zoro & Nami?

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyZ View Post
    Also, if what you say about Pluton & Uranus being a person, who do you think were the two preceding Zoro & Nami?
    Members of the next pirate kings crew (if there is a next pirate king)

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

Members of the next pirate kings crew (if there is a next pirate king)
    Preceding means before, not after

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    Preceding means before, not after
    didn't read it correctly , thought he said succeeding

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

didn't read it correctly , thought he said succeeding
    I see! Well then... Good!

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

This was an amazing read. I definitely can see this coming true. Really, even if it doesnt, just reading it made me feel awesome.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

Amazing is an understatement to this theory.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

I think it is, for now, unknown to us readers who those two really were. I think we can assume they lived during the age of Gol D. Roger, however, their powers never got the chance to awaken, or that's at least how my theory goes.

During his battle with Shiki, it was claimed that Roger had found one of the Ancient Weapons. Just when the battle was about to break out, a storm interrupted it and made Shiki retreat. Even though we have no proof of this, there's a chance that the previous Uranus was a crewmember of the Roger Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    This was an amazing read. I definitely can see this coming true. Really, even if it doesnt, just reading it made me feel awesome.
    I'm really glad you enjoyed the read. Even if it probably won't turn out to be true, I really do hope it will

Last edited by Skylar Knight; 05-02-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg

I think it is, for now, unknown to us readers who those two really were. I think we can assume they lived during the age of Gol D. Roger, however, their powers never got the chance to awaken, or that's at least how my theory goes.

During his battle with Shiki, it was claimed that Roger had found one of the Ancient Weapons. Just when the battle was about to break out, a storm interrupted it and made Shiki retreat. Even though we have no proof of this, there's a chance that the previous Uranus was a crewmember of the Roger Pirates.

If the storm happened due to "Uranus" being there, than there is the possibility that the storm which saved Luffy & the SH's was from Nami (unconsciously awoke).

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    wanna become a clam.

If the storm happened due to "Uranus" being there, than there is the possibility that the storm which saved Luffy & the SH's was from Nami (unconsciously awoke).
    Are you talking about their meeting with Smoker in Logue Town? If so, I think the chance of it being Nami's doing is quite high actually. In the middle of all the chaos, when Dragon suddenly showed up, he yelled something about Luffy's destiny when they all tried to escape from Smoker. This could be Luffy's destiny to gather all the Ancient Weapons as their "King".

There was also the incident in Alabasta. When Vivi was screaming for everyone to stop, Nami and the other Strawhats looked at her and felt sorry for her. Suddenly, it started to rain for the first time in several months, stopping the war once and for all. This could also be Nami's doing, this time to help Vivi's voice to be heard, unconsciously of course.

Last edited by Skylar Knight; 05-04-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

this will probably sound ridiculous, but me and my friend actually discussed the possibility on Nami being a D and not know it a lot in the past

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»