Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give not one single **** on
    this day.

[Tips?] Outlook on Life

Hi everyone! I'm going to share something with you all.
    This is for everyone. Not just people having a tough time or are confused on how to live life, but.. everyone.
    This is my outlook on life.

I have found my own meaning in life, which is difficult for a lot of people to find.
    A lot of people aren't even sure why they're here.. This being one of the reasons that religion is, well, popular in most societies; to give people purpose. Anyway that's besides the point. A lot of people ask themselves: Why are we here? Why am I here? What are we supposed to do? What's the point? What am I supposed to do with my life?
    However, I've had my conclusion for a little while now..

To put it simply, my conclusion is.. In life, there is no good or bad. It's all just perception. Perception of how we see our lives. And based on these perceptions, we lead a life bound to a certain point. However, this point is not set and can change. Reality is merely one's perception of the world around them. They could live in a harsh, unforgiving reality, or they could live in a peaceful reality with no cares in the world. Which one is correct? Who knows for sure; it's all perception. But, in life.. in order to live it at all.. you have to love. There is no room for hate. Hate and negative emotions cloud someone's vision, and can affect their perception of reality. Their perception of life itself. This, this is why horrible things happen in our world.

If other people don't like you.. if other people choose to throw their hate at you.. they simply have their vision clouded. By what, I'm not sure. It's different for every person, but.. usually, someone won't like something about themselves. That will affect their reality. In order to live life, one must love themselves. One must learn to accept the things around them, and take them with a grain of salt while looking at a larger picture. This picture as well is different for everyone, but someone can't see all of it unless they let go of their hate, their sorrow, their suffering. In order to see it.. one must focus on what they want. No matter what you do in life, focus on that and don't let others opinions about it affect you. Do what you desire. Do what you love. Do what makes you happy.

Negativity.. negativity only breeds more negativity. I'll present a metaphor. Around bodies of water, air becomes moist and creates humidity. Through this humidity, clouds will form and fill with supercooled air. After enough of it has gathered, more water falls. In this case the clouds are people and events, and the rain represents negativity.
    But.. if you feel discontent, just sit outside. Sit outside, close your eyes, and breathe deeply. Only focus on your breathing, and don't think about anything else. It's meditation, basically. It.. really helps me on bad days. And walks, walks outside help too. After meditating I usually go for a short walk around the loop I live in. Afterward I feel so refreshed and I actually look at things and appreciate them. I can really take everything in and clear my head of all the bad things and the negative feelings.
    And.. I've realized.. that no matter what.. I can appreciate everything.

Let's say you were looking to have more money. You felt really negatively about how little you had. Let's say you wanted.. 5 dollars every day. Even if you didn't make 5 physical dollars every day, if you look at life, you can see where five dollars was made. Depending on its worth to you of course. Making a new friend, or having a new experience. Those things, to me are my 5 dollars. As long as you love yourself.. it doesn't matter where you end up or where you go. You will live a happy life. Because in life there is no succeeding or failing. Those things.. don't matter in the end. There is only living. There is only living and loving. If you truly want to do your best you'll always strive for that if you love yourself. And that.. is my outlook on life.

Thanks for reading if you did! Let me know what you thought! :3

Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually care what I have
    to say?

Re: [Tips?] Outlook on Life

Time for another world war.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Friends are money? When I tried to cash one in, I didnt get any
    Except for that 1 friend who was a serial killer and I snitched on him, in which case, I gained 50,000 dollars that day

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Шє Lёvёlёd Tнё
    Gоddaми Шоґld!!

......Can't tell if Naruto or Obito.... Nice interpertation of your meaning of life. I haven't figured that out yet. Still a little more time for growing for me. I would not have the answers or meaning to a lot of things until I'm 50 when I retire.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Prince View Post
    Friends are money? When I tried to cash one in, I didnt get any
    Except for that 1 friend who was a serial killer and I snitched on him, in which case, I gained 50,000 dollars that day
    To me, they can be seen as that. ^^ Virtually anything I desired really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichiro Fujimoto View Post
    ......Can't tell if Naruto or Obito.... Nice interpertation of your meaning of life. I haven't figured that out yet. Still a little more time for growing for me. I would not have the answers or meaning to a lot of things until I'm 50 when I retire.
    Thank you for the kind words c: Don't worry, it'll come to you eventually :3
    Just strive for whatever that will be.

By the time u read this... YourOwnInability's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Eloquently put......write that down some where you can have access to it as you grow older.

Difference of opinion on outlook: our veiws are not opposite but they do differ.

1:to be "happy" all the time is improbable. A single state of existence for any biological being is death more or less. Inanimate objects can maintain a single existence but will still fluxuate given enough time.

2: Do what makes u happy. There are people out there, who take pleasure in the pain of others and the utter destruction of order. So you would like them to be happy? Me, I say no ( they can be happy half the time of their existence like everyone else).

3: the "key" to a "fulfilling" life is balance....simply put balance in all aspects.
    through balance understanding can be achieved and through understanding the identification of the third existence in life can be seen....the third existence is the state of change through which growth occurs. only by understanding both sides of the aspect, can one rise above the conflict between the two and see the third. Allowing them to evolve in understanding. this pertains to the nature of the human in its ability to categorize all of the existences it comes in contact with in the unvierse(s).

Last edited by YourOwnInability; 05-02-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Member Ninja Hidden in the Leafs's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I am in no way bashing your opinion on life; however, to say that everything is based on perception is inadequate. While perception of reality is different for everyone, other factors go into it. Not everyone was born healthy. By this I mean diseases, problems in the brain, loss of a ligament, etc. Another thing is the environment we all live in. By this, I mean you could be born into a poor family, family that lives in the sahara desert, in the ghetto, and etc. Also, your parents are one of the main influences that will either help or tarnish your perception of reality and what to do with their life. Their choices or actions or the way they handle things will affect you however big or small. Another thing, I do not know whether you simply are using money as a way of showing that you care for friends, or if you mean that they are replaceable or could easily be thrown away for new or better ones. Either or, I recommend not comparing them at all to anything, for friends are irreplaceable and should be treated as such. Just wanted to share my thoughts based on how you view life. Have a nice day.

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder

Personally I just kinda take life one day at a time. Sure I may have a long term goal or two, but in the end I just kinda go with the flow and I never forget the important things:family, friends and hard liquor haha

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Hidden in the Leafs View Post
    I am in no way bashing your opinion on life; however, to say that everything is based on perception is inadequate. While perception of reality is different for everyone, other factors go into it. Not everyone was born healthy. By this I mean diseases, problems in the brain, loss of a ligament, etc. Another thing is the environment we all live in. By this, I mean you could be born into a poor family, family that lives in the sahara desert, in the ghetto, and etc. Also, your parents are one of the main influences that will either help or tarnish your perception of reality and what to do with their life. Their choices or actions or the way they handle things will affect you however big or small. Another thing, I do not know whether you simply are using money as a way of showing that you care for friends, or if you mean that they are replaceable or could easily be thrown away for new or better ones. Either or, I recommend not comparing them at all to anything, for friends are irreplaceable and should be treated as such. Just wanted to share my thoughts based on how you view life. Have a nice day.

I "think" the OP is "using" money as a metaphor for friends in the "understanding" that all aspects of life are either useful or not. Which possibly indicates the "feeling" that "self-satisfaction" is the only real purpose in life. It falls in to the debate of whether or not there is such a thing as a "true selfless act".

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

Quote Originally Posted by YourOwnInability View Post
    Eloquently put......write that down some where you can have access to it as you grow older.

Difference of opinion on outlook: our veiws are not opposite but they do differ.

1:to be "happy" all the time is improbable. A single state of existence for any biological being is death more or less. Inanimate objects can maintain a single existence but will still fluxuate given enough time.

2: Do what makes u happy. There are people out there, who take pleasure in the pain of others and the utter destruction of order. So you would like them to be happy? Me, I say no ( they can be happy half the time of their existence like everyone else).

3: the "key" to a "fulfilling" life is balance....simply put balance in all aspects.
    through balance understanding can be achieved and through understanding the identification of the third existence in life can be seen....the third existence is the state of change through which growth occurs. only by understanding both sides of the aspect, can one rise above the conflict between the two and see the third. Allowing them to evolve in understanding. this pertains to the nature of the human in its ability to categorize all of the existences it comes in contact with in the unvierse(s).
    Interesting :3 True, being happy all the time is improbable, but as long as you see your goals and strive toward them, you can gain happiness. At least I can.

True, there are some that take pleasure in such things but to me I believe everyone has the right to be happy.
    Regardless of who they are or what they've done. Well, as long as they're willing to live up to it. Those that cannot admit their mistakes or refuse to learn from them are only doing bad things to themselves.

I see, that makes sense. You put that very nicely. I suppose I should search for that balance then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Hidden in the Leafs View Post
    Very true. Although, that's not to say I didn't take those things into account
    Everyone can be happy in some way. Now, the way in question is not for me to say but it is possible.
    And looking at life as "there are people worse off than me" helps too.

Also I wasn't comparing them to money or saying they're replaceable, sorry if I came off that way c:
    What I meant was they're valuable, and when hoping for something in life you may not always get what you're seeking.. but you might get something even better. My original point was that your goals in life can change but to be truly happy you must rely on yourself. Your hopes will drive toward wherever they will end up going, but being able to appreciate every little thing was my point :3

Last edited by Inichi Matsuka; 05-02-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Inichi Matsuka View Post
    Interesting :3 True, being happy all the time is improbable, but as long as you see your goals and strive toward them, you can gain happiness. At least I can.

True, there are some that take pleasure in such things but to me I believe everyone has the right to be happy.
    Regardless of who they are or what they've done. Well, as long as they're willing to live up to it. Those that cannot admit their mistakes or refuse to learn from them are only doing bad things to themselves.

I see, that makes sense. You put that very nicely. I suppose I should search for that balance then.

Very true. Although, that's not to say I didn't take those things into account
    Everyone can be happy in some way. Now, the way in question is not for me to say but it is possible.
    And looking at life as "there are people worse off than me" helps too.

Also I wasn't comparing them to money or saying they're replaceable, sorry if I came off that way c:
    What I meant was they're valuable, and when hoping for something in life you may not always get what you're seeking.. but you might get something even better. My original point was that your goals in life can change but to be truly happy you must rely on yourself. Your hopes will drive toward wherever they will end up going, but being able to appreciate every little thing was my point :3
    In that you are correct self-reliance is "key" to it. I think however, you may want to change the word happy to Satisfying, Fulfilling, Positive, etc. I say this as "happy" implies a child like innocence or at least a lack of understanding that happiness can be gained from sadness....(for the younger ones reading this it is the principle reasoning behind the harry potter series). Also that "happy" is a feeling or better yet an emotion, where as states of life fluxuate as you age. so something that makes you sad at the moment causes you to grow and understand. so in retrospect as you get older and look back on the memories of "happy","sad" times, you may find that the sad times are not regrettable and that you are "happy" to have had those hard ships in order for you to have become the person you are in that instance.

As for the friends being valuable, that gives the impression that you only have friends for their usefulness or that the appreciation you have for them is only because of how they make you feel about yourself....I am not saying that is the way you feel, but it does register on some level like that. I would like to assume that you are a person who is above this. as friends equal trust and that is only established with time or hardship, not qualities that you favor or the fact that having friends/fame makes you important or worth-while.

The most valuable purpose a "friend" should have is not as an extension of yourself but as a part of you is an extension of them. Most of my closest friends are the ones who have kept up with me through all of my travels. They have "grow" in there life as I have in mine, allowing us to enjoy life together, instead of having to "maintain" a relationship with one another... side-note( I think you will understand what I am saying if you have lived long enough , if not I am sure you will understand in time).

Last edited by YourOwnInability; 05-02-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prayforthose fallen to the
    cause

well good luck to you i have my own peace

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

In that you are correct self-reliance is "key" to it. I think however, you may want to change the word happy to Satisfying, Fulfilling, Positive, etc. I say this as "happy" implies a child like innocence or at least a lack of understanding that happiness can be gained from sadness....(for the younger ones reading this it is the principle reasoning behind the harry potter series). Also that "happy" is a feeling or better yet an emotion, where as states of life fluctuate as you age. so something that makes you sad at the moment causes you to grow and understand. so in retrospect as you get older and look back on the memories of "happy","sad" times, you may find that the sad times are not regrettable and that you are "happy" to have had those hard ships in order for you to have become the person you are in that instance.

As for the friends being valuable, that gives the impression that you only have friends for their usefulness or that the appreciation you have for them is only because of how they make you feel about yourself....I am not saying that is the way you feel, but it does register on some level like that. I would like to assume that you are a person who is above this. As friends equal trust and that is only established with time or hardship, not qualities that you favor or the fact that having friends/fame makes you important or worth-while.

The most valuable purpose a "friend" should have is not as an extension of yourself but as a part of you is an extension of them. Most of my closest friends are the ones who have kept up with me through all of my travels. They have "grow" in there life as I have in mine, allowing us to enjoy life together, instead of having to "maintain" a relationship with one another... side-note( I think you will understand what I am saying if you have lived long enough , if not I am sure you will understand in time).
    Quite so. I understand that everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad that everything that happened to me in my life so far did. To be completely honest, I've understood since I was a teenager.

Nonono that's not what I meant at all. It wasn't something so simple and personally disgusting.
    I only meant to appreciate them because they are life itself, and even small things really are things to appreciate.
    Maybe I shouldn't have used friends as an example..

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quite so. I understand that everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad that everything that happened to me in my life so far did. To be completely honest, I've understood since I was a teenager.

Nonono that's not what I meant at all. It wasn't something so simple and personally disgusting.
    I only meant to appreciate them because they are life itself, and even small things really are things to appreciate.
    Maybe I shouldn't have used friends as an example
    No worries. I understood what you were saying. As I stated I assumed that you were above that, but If you think about what I posted earlier about the "self-less act". you will see my reasoning for the point of "friends" as valuable.

Incidentally, I think you and I are on the same "page" just maybe different versions of the "book", most of my lengthy post is for the people reading all of the thread. So that they may have a broader understanding of the psychological aspects your banding about in here.

P.S. I haven't been a teenager for about 2 decades now...lol I'm too old to be here.

Last edited by YourOwnInability; 05-02-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

No worries. I understood what you were saying. As I stated I assumed that you were above that, but If you think about what I posted earlier about the "self-less act". you will see my reasoning for the point of "friends" as valuable.

Incidentally, I think you and I are on the same "page" just maybe different versions of the "book", most of my lengthy post is for the people reading all of the thread. So that they may have a broader understanding of the psychological aspects your banding about in here.

P.S. I haven't been a teenager for about 2 decades now...lol I'm too old to be here.
    I agree, we seem to have similar understandings ^_^
    It's only been three years for me xD

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Religion doesn't give you a purpose lal.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://narutobase.net/forums/s
    howthread.php?t=447692

my life outlook is buddhisum

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Religion doesn't give you a purpose lal.
    I've met plenty who think it does. o-o

Status
    Dec 2012
    THE Ohio State University / Hometown- Cincinnati, OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're lucky I even deign to
    respond to you ;)

I wish there were more people like you and me in the world, more optimistic and at peace people. Welcome to the team

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

I don't have a purpose in life yet. But I do have an outlook: "If you have a problem and it can be fixed, why worry? If you have a problemt that can't be fixed, why worry?", or something :P It's a quote from somewhere.

Edit: You have a great view on things

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

I've met plenty who think it does. o-o
    It's called 'having delusions'

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

Quote Originally Posted by HiraishinFTG View Post
    I wish there were more people like you and me in the world, more optimistic and at peace people. Welcome to the team
    Thanks you for the kind words my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    I don't have a purpose in life yet. But I do have an outlook: "If you have a problem and it can be fixed, why worry? If you have a problem that can't be fixed, why worry?", or something It's a quote from somewhere.

Edit: You have a great view on things
    That's a good outlook! It's very laid back :3 Taking yourself too seriously will never lead you anywhere good c:
    Thank you! :3

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    It's called 'having delusions'
    True. People seem to think that the way to keep going is so complex..
    Just appreciating life is enough for me though ^^

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

That's a good outlook! It's very laid back :3 Taking yourself too seriously will never lead you anywhere good c:
    Thank you! :3
    Yeah, I like it Worrying about stuff is such a drag. And no problem, nice thread!

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    wannabe

That's pretty deep and meaningful, I Agree with your outlook on life.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    this day.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicYami View Post
    That's pretty deep and meaningful, I Agree with your outlook on life.
    Thanks mah friend