Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Something that's always gotten to me..

    Naruto beat Neji fairly during the finals of the chunnin exams, it was never interrupted and he never quit it half way through. He also stopped Gaara and created an ally with Sand since Gaara considered Naruto as a friend from that point on. Yet this guy was never given the title chunnin?
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member Michael Jordan's Avatar
    Status
    Michael Jordan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Riding around with a blunt in my lip, the sun in my eyes with a gun on my hip.
    Posts
    2,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In this world wherever
    there is light - there are
    also shadows. As long as the
    concept of winners exist,
    there must be losers. The
    selfish desire of wanting to
    maintain peace causes wars,
    and hatred is born to protect
    love" - Madara Uchiha
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Now that I think about that is so true!
     
         

  3. #3
    Vigilante Missing-Nin Uchiha Josephus's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Josephus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Eternal Mangekyou
    RinneByakugan!!! #__#
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Shikamaru was the only one who had the qualities of a chunin at the time.

    Naruto is currently far and above Kage-level, but is technically still a genin. Ranks mean nothing.
     
         

  4. #4
    Leaf ANBU Calpal's Avatar
    Status
    Calpal is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Battle creek, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sickness of this world is
    destroying all the dreams. The
    fools are kings, tearing apart
    the soul
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by M Alekith22 View Post
    because sasuke can kill him via amaterasu?
    sasuke never got made chunin either
     
         

  5. #5
    Paladin Narubro's Avatar
    Status
    Narubro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canary Isles
    Posts
    2,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    always watching
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    sandwich detected. engage.
     
         

  6. #6
    Banned
    Status
    Fodder#5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    1,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by The Paradox View Post
    Naruto beat Neji fairly during the finals of the chunnin exams, it was never interrupted and he never quit it half way through. He also stopped Gaara and created an ally with Sand since Gaara considered Naruto as a friend from that point on. Yet this guy was never given the title chunnin?
    You're forgetting that he also defeated Kizaru and Pain. Plus plenty of Edos. It's not an issue of ability, it's the fact that he hasn't had another chance to pass
     
         

  7. #7
    NB's Black God -Kami-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Kami- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    (─‿‿─)
    Posts
    11,245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling good, living better.
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by M Alekith22 View Post
    because sasuke can kill him via amaterasu?
    You are trying so hard to start a flame war, just stop man, it's pathetic.
     
         

  8. #8
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Josephus View Post
    Shikamaru was the only one who had the qualities of a chunin at the time.

    Naruto is currently far and above Kage-level, but is technically still a genin. Ranks mean nothing.
    I get that, but in part 1 he wasn't. He's saved the village more than once if you think about it, so if he was made chunnin and was paired with Shika it would make sense. Naruto had the ability to be promoted just out of his pure power and Shika had the brains. It's a dang hole.
     
         

  9. #9
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokami View Post
    You are trying so hard to start a flame war, just stop man, it's pathetic.
    It's on dude, I ignored that comment and person. Thank you though.
     
         

  10. #10
    Zexion~'s Avatar
    Status
    Zexion~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    An unforeseen situation… An
    unexpected turn of events…
    In the face of those, you too
    will face your true self.
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    kishi made Naruto Too op now sow it doesnt matter ..i mean The main character is not supposed to be in the ****ing top 5 ... Now He doesnt have to make anyone believe it anymore
     
         

  11. #11
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    You're forgetting that he also defeated Kizaru and Pain. Plus plenty of Edos. It's not an issue of ability, it's the fact that he hasn't had another chance to pass
    I'm talking about part 1...
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Almighty Ra's Avatar
    Status
    Almighty Ra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Home Of Biggie & Jay
    Posts
    1,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is a Virtue...Being
    tested on a regular puts a
    strain..Don't test this if u
    aint bout that life
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    He's shown enormous growth since then and I think with all the events that have transpired after the exams...him getting promoted was not important at the time but his actions have shown well above chunin level. If he gets the chance at another exam he'll be way above any comp to handle with normal strength..He's learned so much and knows how to utilize his abilities more effectively in tight positions
     
         

  13. #13
    *★ ★~Elite Member~★ ★ * S A G E's Avatar
    Status
    S A G E is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    5,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Everyone had to retake the chunin exams again because this one was a failure.
    Hence Sasuke and Naruto never got promoted because they didn't get to finish the exams.
     
         

  14. #14
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Guys I'm talking about something I noticed in part 1, anything he did in part 2 has no relevance to my thread.

    Naruto outsmarted genius Neji and won, stopped Gaara from rampaging in the Leaf, and gained the sand as an ally. Sasuke couldn't even do anything. That was the finals of the chunnin exam, so I don't think that was a failure of an exam. He should have been promoted just like Shika.

    My point is, he had full potential to be promoted, yet wasn't for some reason, a reason I've yet to figure out.
     
         

  15. #15
    I'm That Guy...... Hollow9tailsEye's Avatar
    Status
    Hollow9tailsEye is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST, USA(DMV)
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolling the dice of life
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by M Alekith22 View Post
    because sasuke can kill him via amaterasu?
    Sasuke never had Amaterasu during that time period so ur post is irrelevant
     
         

  16. #16
    GFX MAKER !! chaotykxninja's Avatar
    Status
    chaotykxninja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In your dreams, hunting you're unicorn.
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lethargic....waiting for
    chptrs.. :(
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Well it seems naruto will be the first to jump from genin directly to hokage.
    But that makes me happy so yay!
     
         

  17. #17
    I'm That Guy...... Hollow9tailsEye's Avatar
    Status
    Hollow9tailsEye is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST, USA(DMV)
    Posts
    657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rolling the dice of life
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    He will forever be at chunnin like that old man that was a cook from past episodes. I forget his name
     
         

  18. #18
    Banned
    Status
    Cosman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    7,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    People really stray off topic here.

    To answer your question, good sir, I believe it was because Naruto only demonstrated a few of the qualities needed to actually become a chuunin. He was very quick thinking, forward in his approach, but he didn't really plan anything out very well. He also talked a fair bit and those qualities may have negatively affected his score. Sasuke and Shikamaru showed much calmer, level-headed approaches in how they dealt with their battles which is why Shikamaru got promoted and Sasuke was told by the toothpick guy that he was already at that level.

    So, Naruto displayed the power and will needed to become a chuunin, but lacked the mental maturity and approach to actually earn the title.

    Killed it.
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    Posts
    6,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    You're forgetting that he also defeated Kizaru and Pain. Plus plenty of Edos. It's not an issue of ability, it's the fact that he hasn't had another chance to pass
    Kizaru is from One Piece. Also, Kizaru > Naruto. I think you're referring to Kakuzu.
     
         

  20. #20
    Paladin Narubro's Avatar
    Status
    Narubro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canary Isles
    Posts
    2,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    always watching
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokami View Post
    You are trying so hard to start a flame war, just stop man, it's pathetic.
    i get it.... flame war... because amaterasu. i see what you did there
     
         

  21. #21
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosman View Post
    People really stray off topic here.

    To answer your question, good sir, I believe it was because Naruto only demonstrated a few of the qualities needed to actually become a chuunin. He was very quick thinking, forward in his approach, but he didn't really plan anything out very well. He also talked a fair bit and those qualities may have negatively affected his score. Sasuke and Shikamaru showed much calmer, level-headed approaches in how they dealt with their battles which is why Shikamaru got promoted and Sasuke was told by the toothpick guy that he was already at that level.

    So, Naruto displayed the power and will needed to become a chuunin, but lacked the mental maturity and approach to actually earn the title.

    Killed it.
    That's who Naruto is, he still does the talking bits, he could have been paired with someone who would level him out like Shika. Naruto stopped Gaara, a person even Sasuke couldn't stop. That feat alone would make me want to promote him and pair him with his counter on missions.

    I do get what you're saying though.

    I personally think it was because people still didn't trust him.
     
         

  22. #22
    Banned
    Status
    Fodder#5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    1,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by The Paradox View Post
    Guys I'm talking about something I noticed in part 1, anything he did in part 2 has no relevance to my thread.

    Naruto outsmarted genius Neji and won, stopped Gaara from rampaging in the Leaf, and gained the sand as an ally. Sasuke couldn't even do anything. That was the finals of the chunnin exam, so I don't think that was a failure of an exam. He should have been promoted just like Shika.

    My point is, he had full potential to be promoted, yet wasn't for some reason, a reason I've yet to figure out.
    My bad yo. Yeah he should have been promoted, but it's Orochimarus fault that he didn't. Shikimaru was only promoted since he displayed the best leadership qualities, i.e. knowing when to give up/retreat. Sure Naruto was strong enough but he wasn't smart enough or mature enough to get promoted
     
         

  23. #23
    Bipolar Sage Dęvîa Puęrî's Avatar
    Status
    Dęvîa Puęrî is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    5,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets make the most of tonight
    cuz where gonna die young
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    What also bothered me how Sakura became chunin because she didn't have a team 0.0 I mean they had to take exams again right so how she did it without a team??
     
         

  24. #24
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    Kizaru is from One Piece. Also, Kizaru > Naruto. I think you're referring to Kakuzu.

    I don't watch one piece and that has nothing to do with my thread.

    Also I was talking about: Plus plenty of Edos.

    Naruto didn't fight any Edo from what I remember around that time frame.

    I am talking about part 1 and the events during and after the chunnin exam.
     
         

  25. #25
    Wanderer The Paradox's Avatar
    Status
    The Paradox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shall we?
     

    Re: Something that's always gotten to me..

    Quote Originally Posted by Dęvîa Puęrî View Post
    What also bothered me how Sakura became chunin because she didn't have a team 0.0 I mean they had to take exams again right so how she did it without a team??
    Thats what I want to know, maybe she isn't as incompetent as people think and didn't need to take them.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •