Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the road less traveled by.

Naruto Movie 6: Road to Ninja **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

THIS IS A SMALL CRITIQUE OF THE NEWEST MOVIE. I AM WARNING YOU NOW THAT THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS!!

Okay so I just watched Road to Ninja, the 6th Naruto Shippuuden movie. There are a few things that I think need to be highlighted about it.

1) The personality differences between characters in the "real world" and the "limited tsukuyomi world."
    I couldn't get over this! The personalities were just so different and, sometimes, disturbing. Neji being a pervert? Lee wearing women's underpants (and Tenten's no less!)? Hinata being a bad a**? These are just the 3 that stood out the most to me, but they were all so weird. It was interesting to see how diametrically opposite they were to the "real world" characters we know and love. However, I'm definitely glad that our characters aren't THOSE characters. I don't think I could handle that sort of switch up. It was crazy enough seeing Hinata threaten to kill Sakura.

2) Menma Uzumaki
    While I understand that he is the opposite of Naruto, I do NOT understand what made him turn bad. It wasn't explained at all in the movie. To me, that is a very important aspect of the character. What made him "turn to the dark side" as it were? He wasn't always evil and filled with hate. Something happened to make him fall into darkness. What was it? My inquiring mind wants to know. Also, where the heck were Minato and Kushina during this time? From what I gathered while watching the movie, he hadn't disappeared for any length of time. Minato and Kushina were gone on a mission, true enough. However, I doubt the mission was so long that they didn't recognize the change in Menma's personality. The wiki states that Menma's hair color changed from blonde to black when he was consumed with hatred. With this being the case, then why did Minato and Kushina mistake Naruto for Menma? Naruto's hair is obviously blonde so that leads me to believe one of two things: a) Minato and Kushina were gone for an extremely long period of time or b) Menma's transformation happened fairly recently. That leads back to my original question. What the heck happened to him to cause such a transformation? And how did nobody notice his disappearance?

3) The fight between Naruto and Menma.
    Overall, the fight was kind of boring. There wasn't a ton of action to it other than Kurama fighting Dark Kurama. I did like how Naruto and Kurama decided to work together to defeat their enemy. And I also liked how Naruto donned the Fourth Hokage's cloak before going into battle. A little bit of foreshadowing perhaps? Let me just say that I think the cloak really suited him. Seeing him in it truly made me picture him as a Hokage. Also, I LOVED that Naruto landed a hit on Tobi that was identical to the one his father landed in the "real world." It blew my mind! Naruto is definitely his father's son.

4) Sakura's loneliness
    Sweet vindication! I about jumped out of my seat when Sakura told Naruto that only Sasuke could understand how she felt. I'm not bashing Sakura here, but she is absolutely oblivious to Naruto's feelings sometimes. I mean, the kid grew up without parents and there she is complaining about having them. It's just insensitive on her part. Needless to say, I was happy to see her start to feel a fraction of loneliness in the "limited tsukuyomi world." I think it gave her a tiny amount of insight into the loneliness that Naruto had been feeling for most of his life.

Those are the things that stuck out to me the most in the movie. If nothing else, I'd really like to learn more about Menma's background. The rest of the things I just needed to throw out there for observation.

Overall, I think the movie was decent. It certainly wasn't the best of the movies though. So, what do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Have any other observations you'd like to mention? Go ahead and post them and let's have a discussion.

Last edited by KayaUzumaki; 05-02-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I am the hope of the
    omniverse, I am the lightbulb
    in the darkness, I am the
    bacon in the fridge for all
    living things that cry out in
    hunger, I am the Alpha and the
    Amega, I am the terror that
    flaps in the night.. I AM SON
    GOKU AND I AM A SUPER....S

Re: Naruto Movie 6: Road to Ninja **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

I only came here to say thank-you for posting in the title that it has spoilers. Im gonna exit stage right!

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder

No idea bout Menma. I did think Neji and Lee being perverts was hilarious. Liked that Hinata. Other than that the movie was pretty weak. Now One Piece Film Z is one that blew Road to Ninja out of the water. The wait was even shorter

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nathan, you're the best.
    Souji, you da real MVP.
    Adachi, drink your coffee.

I think Menma was consumed by hatred when Naruto entered the world. Something to do with his 9 Tails reacting violently and thus, changing him into a sort of "Dark Naruto" like at the waterfall of truth.

The green aura that dissipates after Naruto knocked some sense into him also looked suspicious but wasn't explained so it will forever remain a mystery...

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was pretty weak tho, better than the last two imo.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    always watching

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFOR View Post
    I only came here to say thank-you for posting in the title that it has spoilers. Im gonna exit stage right!
    goddamit SIGFOR. stick around for a goddamn thread for once in your african-american life.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Narubro View Post
    goddamit SIGFOR. stick around for a goddamn thread for once in your african-american life.
    im so high, that as I sat here and stared at your sig, I was stuck here trying to pause it...forgetting it was a sig....sigh... high moments..

Academy Student
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am very lazy boy

good theroy about movie

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I am the hope of the
    omniverse, I am the lightbulb
    in the darkness, I am the
    bacon in the fridge for all
    living things that cry out in
    hunger, I am the Alpha and the
    Amega, I am the terror that
    flaps in the night.. I AM SON
    GOKU AND I AM A SUPER....S

Quote Originally Posted by Narubro View Post
    Next time man, definitely next time

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    always watching

Quote Originally Posted by NinjutsuSeeker View Post
    im so high, that as I sat here and stared at your sig, I was stuck here trying to pause it...forgetting it was a sig....sigh... high moments..
    them feels. it'l be okay bro

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

About Menma, Tobi possessed Menma with his Sharingan. In the end they show that Menma is released from Tobi's control.
    Menma wasn't evil, he was controlled.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patron

I didn't see the movie but doesn't tobi use a weak version of tsuki no me? That's what the rumors say anyway. Maybe that's what caused minato to become mad.