Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hinata isn't pairing fodder

Hinata is pretty epic, there is much more to her than being paired to Naruto.
    -
    1. brave. she has shown this trait in the chuunin exams against Neji, in the forest of death against an enemy team, bravely facing pain, countless zetsu, even moving in to fight tobi in the most recent chapter.
    2. powerful. she had more endurance then neji during teh war and even saved him. She also wasn't instanlty koed against pain, she managed to drive him back. she managed to destroy the juubi's spikes, and finnaly wiht teh chakra cloak managed to push the freaking god of the narutoverses attack away. that feat is beyond so much that isn't even funny
    -
    allow me to restate
    -
    the juubi the most powerful thing in naruto history, its attack was pushed away by a girl that most of the naruto fans view as useless and a crybaby. let that sink in for a moment.
    -
    3. character development. from a shy timid girl, who was shunned by her father, who was a ninja with no talent, grew and become unshy, non timid, brave strong woman who impressed her father, and became one of the greatest of the hyuuga's
    -
    4. saved and encouraged naruto. encouraged him with neji, saved him from pain, protected him during teh war, saved Naruto from the ten tails attack while he was helpless by destroying some of the spikes, teaming up with teh nine-tails convinced naruto not ot give in to the dark side and to not become darth Naruto. lol
    -
    Hinata isn't there just to be Naruoto's girlfriend or a girl with big breasts, she is a vital piece of the naruto story, who is very useful and powerful she isn't that shy little girl anymore.
    -
    don't get me wrong i support naruhina, i just want to say there is more to her than just being naruto's mate.
    -
    I like strong and well-developed females and Hinata is one of the very few well developed females in the series.

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder

Re: Hinata isn't pairing fodder

Haha "well developed". I see what you did there

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dattebayo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi75 View Post
    -
    1. brave. she has shown this trait in the chuunin exams against Neji, in the forest of death against an enemy team, bravely facing pain, countless zetsu, even moving in to fight tobi in the most recent chapter.
    2. powerful. she had more endurance then neji during teh war and even saved him. She also wasn't instanlty koed against pain, she managed to drive him back. she managed to destroy the juubi's spikes, and finnaly wiht teh chakra cloak managed to push the freaking god of the narutoverses attack away. that feat is beyond so much that isn't even funny
    -
    allow me to restate
    -
    the juubi the most powerful thing in naruto history, its attack was pushed away by a girl that most of the naruto fans view as useless and a crybaby. let that sink in for a moment.
    -
    3. character development. from a shy timid girl, who was shunned by her father, who was a ninja with no talent, grew and become unshy, non timid, brave strong woman who impressed her father, and became one of the greatest of the hyuuga's
    -
    4. saved and encouraged naruto. encouraged him with neji, saved him from pain, protected him during teh war, saved Naruto from the ten tails attack while he was helpless by destroying some of the spikes, teaming up with teh nine-tails convinced naruto not ot give in to the dark side and to not become darth Naruto. lol
    -
    Hinata isn't there just to be Naruoto's girlfriend or a girl with big breasts, she is a vital piece of the naruto story, who is very useful and powerful she isn't that shy little girl anymore.
    -
    don't get me wrong i support naruhina, i just want to say there is more to her than just being naruto's mate.
    -
    I like strong and well-developed females and Hinata is one of the very few well developed females in the series.
    These are the reasons why she should've been the main Heroine instead of sakura.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't Wait the Next Chapter.

her breasts isn't that big dude, it just suits her.
    Tsunade's TOP one.

The Original Doctor
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Sigh* Some kids don't know
    how to behave.

-
    -
    allow me to restate
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    My only issue is Hinata never actually hit Pein in the Manga...

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

@disson
    still having the ability to drive an opponent that powerful backwards three paces is still signifacant.
    -
    Pain didn't just side dodge or step out of the way, he retreated backwards.
    -
    mind you Pain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hinata so it really isn't suprising that he defeated her easily.
    @Rolants
    people make them as hinata's only good trait.
    @swift
    idk about that one. a great support character yes, but main? idk. but yes she IMO is vastly superior to sakura
    @laughing
    lol

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Haha "well developed". I see what you did there
    hahaha
    nice one.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

in the end of the day, the Main Heroine is all that matters..............

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    bleh

She never hit pain i nthe manga, and she pushed the juubi back with what you say? kyubi cloak. The qualities she has aren't making her anything more to the story than what she already is.

Her whole development has been based around Naruto, see where i'm going with this? She deserves her pairing with Naruto, but shes not replacing anyone for the spotlight, alot of other ninja show her qualities such as bravery and such but that doesn't mean theres a huge role for them to do, shes gotten a pretty big role in the previous chapters and the last chapter she kinda disappeared i'm thinking they are done with her for a little while.

If she was main heroine as the same hinata you all know and love she would be hated even more for carrying and status and sucking a s much as she does compared to sasuke Naruto and kakashi. Everyone needs to just accept she is a decent supporting character who gets a little screen time here and there.

The main fact she is a female character also leads me to believe there won't be anything major for her like seriously major cuz she already got some, if kishi dooesn't appear to be developing his main heroine that he calls by the name of Sakura why would be slash her out and do all this stuff with Hinata. Don't you think shes gotten alot as a supporting character and will probably get more time if this isnt the last arc

Last edited by Joshutsu; 05-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.

That girl is easily one of the most faithful characters I've ever seen.

I don't care if she's all about Naruto, the girl has mad guts. I don't really like shy Hinata to be honest, mostly because I knew her character development would center around growing past that. I love her new found confidence.

Naruto has himself a great woman and it seems he's wised up and realized that :P.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    what were those dreams I used
    to envision in past.you
    replaced all of them

There are a lot of reasons for liking hinata she is the best female version

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I See The Truth

Quote Originally Posted by DissonantValues View Post
    My only issue is Hinata never actually hit Pein in the Manga...
    name any other kunoichi that could have hit him with the speed and flexibility that deva path was dodging hinata

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i doubt Tsunade could've landed a blow on Deva path, the only female in the narutoverse that coudl've touched him would be mei.
    -
    her mist technique appears so quickly he won't be able to notice it.
    -
    NAgato will still easily kill her, but Mei will still be able to touch him with her attack.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    bleh

i doubt Tsunade could've landed a blow on Deva path, the only female in the narutoverse that coudl've touched him would be mei.
    -
    her mist technique appears so quickly he won't be able to notice it.
    -
    NAgato will still easily kill her, but Mei will still be able to touch him with her attack.
    Shinra Tensei.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user does not deserve a
    status.

Her everything revolves around Naruto.
    She is not that strong; among the known shinobis and her peers; she is inferior to many of them despite being a part of a strong clan.
    "This war is to save Naruto"; this was what she said; does not she cares about her comrades, village, clan?
    Speaking of the clan; did she ever show any concern for her clan and its ways?
    She did not even closed Neji's eyes for respect after he died.
    She started to think about how good it felt to hold Naruto's hand after 3 minutes her cousin died.
    Constant "N-n-naruto-kun" is annoying.

I am not saying she won't be a s**t; but for now; she is not that much.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshutsu View Post
    She never hit pain i nthe manga, and she pushed the juubi back with what you say? kyubi cloak. The qualities she has aren't making her anything more to the story than what she already is.
    Honestly, focusing on Hinata as a combat character is flawed because this manga was authored by Kishimoto and Hinata is a female.

Her whole development has been based around Naruto, see where i'm going with this?
    And a good majority of Naruto's development has been around Hinata.

If you bothered to read things, you would already understand this.

She deserves her pairing with Naruto, but shes not replacing anyone for the spotlight, alot of other ninja show her qualities such as bravery and such but that doesn't mean theres a huge role for them to do, shes gotten a pretty big role in the previous chapters and the last chapter she kinda disappeared i'm thinking they are done with her for a little while.
    The series has been nothing but religious/philosophical parallels. The Hyuuga embody Taoism - the underlying principle of the entire series (even the concept of "destiny" and the ability to change it).

There's a reason her character was introduced as completely as she was, years upon years ago.

If she was main heroine as the same hinata you all know and love she would be hated even more for carrying and status and sucking a s much as she does compared to sasuke Naruto and kakashi. Everyone needs to just accept she is a decent supporting character who gets a little screen time here and there.
    Taoist concept of Wei Wu Wei. Look it up.

The main fact she is a female character also leads me to believe there won't be anything major for her like seriously major cuz she already got some, if kishi dooesn't appear to be developing his main heroine that he calls by the name of Sakura why would be slash her out and do all this stuff with Hinata. Don't you think shes gotten alot as a supporting character and will probably get more time if this isnt the last arc
    Sakura isn't a main character. She's a plot-ghost/convenience attached to the two main characters. She holds no functional purpose in the story other than comedy. She's contributed nothing to Naruto's development as a character and has not substantially affected the plot.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

@caterpillar
    why do you say she doesn't care about her comrades? that is a pretty rude thing to say, we can say the same thing about lee, neji, ten-ten, and every other member of KH11 because we never see them say anything.
    -
    btw she has thanked her teamates on many occasion so please go re-read the manga.
    -
    she is one of the strongest females of the series even possibly surpassing neji. She aint god level but name one female in the series that is?
    -
    -
    MEi tsunade Hinata temari and the 4 strongest females in the series.
    -
    do japanese people close others eyes? and not to mention they are in the middle of battle iwth countless needs hurtling toward you, do you really expect her to turn around and get shot in the back.
    -
    Shikamaru didn't close asuma's eyes that mus tcertianly means that he didn't care about him, even though we see him crying like Hinata was very visibly crying when frustrated about neji.
    -
    look I am not saying Hinata is top 10 material or she is the main heroine, i am just saying she isn't simply a pairing fodder. she has alot of great triats and characteristics.
    -
    so what if she keeps mentions naruto-kun or built her life around him. Naruto built his entire life to defeat sasukea dn bring him back, same with jiryia. and Itachi did the smae with sasuke. Its called being inspired.
    -
    is it against the law for soemone to insprie you?
    -
    and it called being comforted her feeling better, when someone you love hugs you or supports you, you feel better. i remember when i was sad and my friend hugged me.
    -
    Hinata isn't a bad character i do respect yoru opinion, not everyone can love every character, so yes you can hate her, but please don't say things that isn't true like, hinata doesn't care for her teamates or her cousin. when if you read the manga that is clearly not true.
    -
    @joshutu
    by the time pain notices the acid he will already be burning. which counts as a touch, I siad he will easily blow it away, os i agree, but it will still touch her

Last edited by Itachi75; 05-02-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user does not deserve a
    status.

@caterpillar
    why do you say she doesn't care about her comrades? that is a pretty rude thing to say, we can say the same thing about lee, neji, ten-ten, and every other member of KH11 because we never see them say anything.
    -
    btw she has thanked her teamates on many occasion so please go re-read the manga.
    -
    she is one of the strongest females of the series even possibly surpassing neji. She aint god level but name one female in the series that is?
    -
    -
    MEi tsunade Hinata temari and the 4 strongest females in the series.
    -
    do japanese people close others eyes? and not to mention they are in the middle of battle iwth countless needs hurtling toward you, do you really expect her to turn around and get shot in the back.
    -
    Shikamaru didn't close asuma's eyes that mus tcertianly means that he didn't care about him, even though we see him crying like Hinata was very visibly crying when frustrated about neji.
    -
    look I am not saying Hinata is top 10 material or she is the main heroine, i am just saying she isn't simply a pairing fodder. she has alot of great triats and characteristics.
    -
    so what if she keeps mentions naruto-kun or built her life around him. Naruto built his entire life to defeat sasukea dn bring him back, same with jiryia. and Itachi did the smae with sasuke. Its called being inspired.
    -
    is it against the law for soemone to insprie you?
    -
    and it called being comforted her feeling better, when someone you love hugs you or supports you, you feel better. i remember when i was sad and my friend hugged me.
    -
    Hinata isn't a bad character i do respect yoru opinion, not everyone can love every character, so yes you can hate her, but please don't say things that isn't true like, hinata doesn't care for her teamates or her cousin. when if you read the manga that is clearly not true.
    -
    @joshutu
    by the time pain notices the acid he will already be burning. which counts as a touch, I siad he will easily blow it away, os i agree, but it will still touch her
    I am viewing overall shinobis when i meant "strong"

Thanking does not mean so much of a care you know, you can thank a complete stranger without any emotioanl attachment.
    We saw k11 actually say things and shown care; team 10 is really connected; look at their fight with edo Asuma for example; and Shikamaru cried for not beng succesful in his mission and for his comrdes getting hurt. About team Gai; Neji gave his life for Naruto and Hinata, he was going to kick butts of sound nins in forest of death for injuring Lee also there are many other examples. Lee risked his life to save others several times in forest of death, he saved Naruto from Kimmaro, Tenten would be smashed against weapons if he did not save her; and he jumped over Uchiha Madara for Neji's death. Tenten is not even much of a character. Kiba; he was in Sasuke retrieval arc to save his butt, Shino in chuunin exams followed others to the forest to help them; he fought Kankuro instead of Sasuke.
    Most of them shown less amount of thoughts; but they also shown thoughts for other people and things.

Mei, Tsunade, Temari and Hinata? I am assuming that you are not counting the dead ones; but from the alive kunoichis; Kurotschi, Anko, Shizune, Kurenai should have been mentioned; if we are mentioning about Hinata.

Japanese people close eyes as tradition(this is actally one of the rare common traditions around the world); Lee closed Neji's eyes in chapter 617 like a decent being. About Asuma and Shikamaru, the panels get skipped after his death, and other comrades from leaf were covered him with a cloth for respect.

People can have role models; heck my favorite character has someone who always looks up to; but it is not stopping him to have many other important things to care to; the same things go with some other characters.

Her reaction to holding Naruto's hand was not decent, and no, i might feel better when someone comforts me with physical gestures, but i do not directly think about it; especially not "oh my crush's hand is big and strong" stuff.

I do not hate Hinata or any other characters; but in my opinion, she is not that much of great.

If you respect others opinions; you must also acknowledge the fact that people view the thing that is called "truth" differently; we might observe the same things but opinions might differ, "you are not saying true things" is not something who respect others' opinions would say.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

she is literally a mary-sue developed to be naruto's girlfriend, just like naruto is made out to be generic enough that we can all imagine ourselves in his shoes.

all the things you listed support this idea, they don't detract from it.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status no has user this.

The only thing she has is big tits, sadly the virgin horny males will go auto she's epic mode on us.She's either fodder or pairing fodder your pick.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post
    Honestly, focusing on Hinata as a combat character is flawed because this manga was authored by Kishimoto and Hinata is a female.

And a good majority of Naruto's development has been around Hinata.

If you bothered to read things, you would already understand this.

The series has been nothing but religious/philosophical parallels. The Hyuuga embody Taoism - the underlying principle of the entire series (even the concept of "destiny" and the ability to change it).

There's a reason her character was introduced as completely as she was, years upon years ago.

Taoist concept of Wei Wu Wei. Look it up.

Sakura isn't a main character. She's a plot-ghost/convenience attached to the two main characters. She holds no functional purpose in the story other than comedy. She's contributed nothing to Naruto's development as a character and has not substantially affected the plot.
    She's contrubited enough to team 7s development on a whole and to the story. Unlike others her develoment isnt tied to whenever Naruto needs a Tnj which was like once. Shame that the hyuga have not even made it into a flashback at least of the history of konaha at such a critical time of getting to know the important clans. Nor will there be any time to fully develop them. Where will the manga go after these main antagonists have gone a whole new arc so we learn about the hyuga? I believe the actual author of this manga has referred to Sakura as such and she will be until otherwise.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Stopping the hand wasnt that big of a feat since the hand is basically just a giant hand. Also she had the kyuubi cloak so i doubt she would be able to do that without it.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshutsu View Post
    She's contrubited enough to team 7s development on a whole and to the story.
    Such as?

Go on, please, tell us of Sakura's contribution to Team Seven.

Or the plot as a whole.

Unlike others her develoment isnt tied to whenever Naruto needs a Tnj which was like once.
    Oh, come now. Hinata (and Naruto, by proxy) changed the Hyuuga clan. The development of Hinata into a more assertive person is hinted at in the beginnings of the war arc. Her fighting alongside Neji was part of that - but the real kicker was an obscure line by Hiashi shared with Hizashi.

You see... Hinata wasn't defeated by Neji. She may have lost her match. But she did not give up. She stood, and told him that he was the one lost in the suffering and bickering between the branches. That was the moment where she solidified her growth as a character.

It was, then, Hinata, who gave Naruto the words he would need to defeat Neji, in the hours before the match began. It was this defeat of Neji that set the theme of the show in motion - that one could choose the course of their destiny (A Taoist theme, by the way).

Shame that the hyuga have not even made it into a flashback at least of the history of konaha at such a critical time of getting to know the important clans.
    Now why do you think that is?

Their importance predates the Leaf Village and deals with issues before even Madara's time. As do the Uzumaki.

This will likely come of interest when Naruto gets closer to assuming the role of the Sage.

Nor will there be any time to fully develop them.
    Because you erroneously believe Obito and the Juubi are the final villains.

The antagonist of the series, the main antagonist, is the nature of people to distrust each other and the cycle of pain/hatred. The answer to that will not be found at the end of this war.

Where will the manga go after these main antagonists have gone a whole new arc so we learn about the hyuga?
    Come on... use your brain.

Naruto has to become the next sage, end the bickering and the fighting (at least for a little while), and come up with some kind of a solution that surpasses the previous sage's idea.

At about that time, the tailed beasts will begin to reveal more about what they remember of the Sage and his legacy. The sage, too, will probably have had a fine young lass with crazy eyes that adored him and became quite important to the Sage's efforts.

Those "crazy eyes" may very well have been the Byakugan.

"But what about the Sage's eyes!?"

The Rinnegan is based around Budhist concepts and, interestingly enough, has -not- been depicted to enable elemental mastery (despite the Sage's ability... assumed to have been derived from the Rinnegan). In line with Budhism - the Rinnegan will be revealed to be a sort of personal enlightenment that can be achieved by nearly anyone. It is not a blood line trait.

The Uchiha and Senju represent mutations of the matriarchal and patriarchal lines, respectively; possibly due to the influence of the Juubi.

The entire theme of the show is very, very Taoist. The Hyuuga embody Taoism in the show. The Uchiha were an entertaining distraction from the real meat and potatoes.

I believe the actual author of this manga has referred to Sakura as such and she will be until otherwise.
    *rolls eyes*

He calls her a main character, but doesn't write her as such. She has no depth to her character, no back-story, and no real goals or ambition. The writing of her character is fickle and suits the immediate needs of the plots; else, she's simply stuck in as a passive observer, somewhere.

You could ommit Sakura from Team 7, and the entire plot of the series would still be pretty stable. She's not essential to the story. Sasuke and Naruto still have their little quarrel going on, Naruto still learns all of his techniques, Sasuke still leaves the village, Pain still nukes the place...

She was just placed as an attempt to create four wheels in Team 7. Her character simply didn't exist when Kishimoto was thinking up the grand plot (like many of the other side characters) years ago, and then realized he needed another person in Team 7 (the main team). He decided to choose a girl from Sasuke's fan club and tailor her a little bit so that people could identify with her (copious amounts of teenage girl syndrome and the hope that she'd become a tsundere).

And that pretty much describes all of the thought that went into developing Sakura. Which is unfortunate - because the premise of her character could be worked quite awesomely. But, she wasn't.

Think about it. Within the first few chapters of Sai's introduction, we get backstory on him. Sai was a little arbitrary in this regard, as he was to introduce us to Root and Danzo (aside from the creepy old guy who intimidates Hokages) - but care was still taken to give him some depth and back-story to his character.

... And as if to re-iterate how not-important Sakura is... in a movie where Kishimoto sat as prime consultant - where one of the primary conflicts of the show was Sakura's teenager issues with her parents... she goes to a world where she lost her parents and Naruto has his. And we still get no history for her.

No blissful memories she shared of her parents. No hostile memories... just Sakura being Sakura.

It's like insult to injury. Her character is just there. She appears when necessary and disappears when unnecessary without any kind of sense that she exists in a life outside of the panel she's portrayed in.