View Poll Results: Do you still like Storm 3?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I still like the game.

7 58.33%
  • Nope, I agree.

3 25.00%
  • I agree, but the game means too much for me to stop playing...

2 16.67%
    Susanoo is amaz... ~Puppet Master~'s Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...ing, do you all understand?

Storm 3 Rant...

After many weeks under denial, I've finally come to the conclusion that Storm 3 just sucks balls...
    Let me tell you why...

- Glitchy engine: Team Trolltimates can't be subbed from up close, combo's and chakra dashes were nerfed, stimulating spam.

- This game's OP characters are even worse than the last ones ( Hanzo, Minato, Tailed Beasts/Susano'o )

- The connections are awful, this is the only game where I disconnect 10+ times on a daily basis...

- Awful community, I haven't played this game for over a week and decided to play again today, I've only faced tryhards, 50% of the people I saw in my list had 20+ ragequits.

- The worst DLC's a game could possibly have, and they just did it. ( Lederhosen Naruto, Hello Kitty Sakura etc. )

- Battle record shows wins and losses from player matches/tournaments, which brings tryhards even there...

- III bars mean nothing, people with II bars get better connections...

- Missing characters, shitty RPG style story mode, which leads to the most annoying achievements ever...

So I want to know your opinion, do you still like the game, or do realize that it does in fact suck?

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hobby's: Killing off pitiful
    Shinigami.

Re: Storm 3 Rant...

IMO, I think Storm 3 is still good but not as good as CC2 was hyping it up to be.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nathan, you're the best.
    Souji, you da real MVP.
    Adachi, drink your coffee.

While I agree with evrything you said, including the gut wrenching DLC (apart from the Road to Ninja Sasuke, that was beast) I can only say that the game can be enjoyed when you play with people you trust, or at least respect you enough not to Rage quit or even simply spam.

I punish myself daily, putting up with the dregs online because it's simply the lesser of two evils. Either play against the worst the game has to offer and at least get to be challenged, or ignore the game and be forever taunted by it's existence.

I opt for the former because it's the only game I can have fun playing now, that doesn't include a friggin gun or is an offline RPG.

My advice? We here on NB should get together once a week or some time and just play for fun, on a Perpetual Tournament. If anyone agrees then I would be glad to help set it up. I'm on Xbox, just to clear that up...

Susanoo is amaz... ~Puppet Master~'s Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...ing, do you all understand?

Quote Originally Posted by x iiiMPerFeCT View Post
    While I agree with evrything you said, including the gut wrenching DLC (apart from the Road to Ninja Sasuke, that was beast) I can only say that the game can be enjoyed when you play with people you trust, or at least respect you enough not to Rage quit or even simply spam.

I punish myself daily, putting up with the dregs online because it's simply the lesser of two evils. Either play against the worst the game has to offer and at least get to be challenged, or ignore the game and be forever taunted by it's existence.

I opt for the former because it's the only game I can have fun playing now, that doesn't include a friggin gun or is an offline RPG.

My advice? We here on NB should get together once a week or some time and just play for fun, on a Perpetual Tournament. If anyone agrees then I would be glad to help set it up. I'm on Xbox, just to clear that up...
    We actually did that, but I could only properly connect to like 3/5 people, we had a lot of trouble picking hosts.
    Although it's true that playing with friends is more fun, but somehow the game manages to ruin it. I only have a few friends who I can play normal non-laggy matches with.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing relaxes me. It's like
    yoga, except I get to kill
    something

I bought this game thinking it was going to be the best naruto game by far. I was highly disappointed after I got it and I honestly have barely played it since. Like you said I'm always getting disconnected and never finding a game even though I have perfect connection on other games. The character roster is such a joke including the amount of characters and the massive non improvement on previous characters. The fact that they lied and said there would be no pts characters pissed me off so much. The DLC like you stated is another joke like who the hell wants a german clothed Naruto and a hello kitty Sakura

Status
    Jul 2012
    In an alternate dimension, where they don't serve Mcdonalds or Burger king!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I'm fighting the
    kraken and a cyclops with a
    trident.

I agree on some things. Like the dlc... the dlc ideas are stupid. I just wish they would give us the edo kages. Also, so many people rage quit and the connection is horrible. It lags nonstop and it's almost impossible to find a game without lag. The spammers piss me off because when I rematch them and use deidara they send me hate messages. I simply reply "its a game get over it". The game I believe can still be fun. To make it fun just play tournements with your friends.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Immortal

To be honest.. I have a bad internet speed and I play ninja storm 3 with little to no lag. 72% Signal strength wifi... And I have a 20gb per month limit (yes i Know its terrible)

The DLC isn't terrible. I was quite pleased with road to ninja character costumes, before death madara and the sannin costumes (esp for orochimaru) . Also pleased with anbu costumes.

What I am disappointed about was the lack of detail for characters. Combos are still the same. Edo Itachi should have had different moves. Not to mention the removal of one combo per character.

About Hanzo/Minato ? they aren't op'd. Guard against minatos flying rajin level 2, and hanzo isn't at all. Just have proper supports. Ie; Neji/Pain/Nagato/Hinata or even cee.

Addressing the Team ultimate jutsu, obviously they need a way to land it. Otherwise we could guard/sub all the time like in generations. I think it was a good improvement.

I think they did a decent job with the story, tons of cut scenes which is good. If we're comparing to Ninja storm 1, they had better gameplay with clashes etc but in all seriousness, porting the game to xbox nerfed the whole series. Storm 2 was fun but storm 1 was great. Storm 3 on the other hand could use some work.

Missing characters ie: edo kage, 7 swordsman . I mean DBZ Raging Blast 2 had TONS of characters, come on cc2.

Halo 4 had two discs for extra content to be installed so the gameplay wouldn't suffer, cc2 could have done this. I think they are just money hungry and don't really care for their consumers.

PS3 version of the game lags locally -.- I've tried this on ps3 slim and super slim. Doesnt lag AS much on super slim. but still. Xbox 360 didn't lag at all.

EDIT: I also believe they should have made all taijutsu speeds the same. Then the game would be more balanced. Neji/lee are sooo quick with regular tai but someone like itachi is slow as hell! Especially when it comes to range of starting a combo, lee goes out far but itachi bearly moves a muscle.

That's my take on it.

Last edited by NoMoreLove; 05-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Senior Member AllomnisymbolsparttwoT's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ._. i am
    all!._.>⌐■■and i
    embodies all
    things⌐■_■also beware i
    use cheat
    codes!<(((o)))>::<(((
    o)))> [IMG] [/IMG]
    SINGLE = stress is now gone
    Life's easier :I

Quote Originally Posted by SharinganUser1 View Post
    I agree on some things. Like the dlc... the dlc ideas are stupid. I just wish they would give us the edo kages. Also, so many people rage quit and the connection is horrible. It lags nonstop and it's almost impossible to find a game without lag. The spammers piss me off because when I rematch them and use deidara they send me hate messages. I simply reply "its a game get over it". The game I believe can still be fun. To make it fun just play tournements with your friends.
    Wont giving us the edo kages be like the biggest spoiler ever?? damn.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing relaxes me. It's like
    yoga, except I get to kill
    something

Quote Originally Posted by AllomnisymbolsparttwoT View Post
    Wont giving us the edo kages be like the biggest spoiler ever?? damn.
    He doesn't mean the hokages. He means the 3rd raikage and the others you fight in the game

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Qualifications, No
    Complications.

Mostly agree.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    wannabe

I Agree there is so many things wrong with this game xD.

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

I agree with you, I wish there was more to do in UA after you finish all the storyline stuff.

But online is pure shit

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am better than you at life,
    and will carry on to be better
    !

Spammers can suck my left nut

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The mock sage at best

Yeah I agree but out of all things I would want is
    just more legit players man just getting tired of
    spammers seriously.

like there is no need for you to use a jutsu 8 times.
    But I then I do get mad when they hit me with it
    like 4 to 5 times 0.0 lol

I send messages like learn how to play the freaking
    game dude xD