Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    Yellow Flash of the Leaf Blitz3d's Avatar
    Status
    Blitz3d is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    665
    Location
    Konohakagure
    What right does a ghost of the
    past have to interact with the
    people of the present?
     

    Religious discussion

    Define a religious world view. Outline how Immanent and Transcendent differ from each other.
     
         

  2. #2
    Edo GwemBaba
    Guest

    Re: Religious discussion

    Buddism is the way forward, if that's even classed as a religion.
     
         

  • #3
    Yellow Flash of the Leaf Blitz3d's Avatar
    Status
    Blitz3d is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    665
    Location
    Konohakagure
    What right does a ghost of the
    past have to interact with the
    people of the present?
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Guys it's not homework or anything, i just want to know what yous come up with ..
     
         

  • #4
    Banned
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,267
    Location
    Draenor
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    With Christianity we have cars.

    Without Christianity we have flying cars.
     
         

  • #5
    Senior Member repulse's Avatar
    Status
    repulse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    With Christianity we have cars.

    Without Christianity we have flying cars.
    Going with the Seth Macfarlane approach ey?
     
         

  • #6
    Senior Member
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    With Christianity we have cars.

    Without Christianity we have flying cars.
    With Christianity We have Cars

    Without christianity we have Psychos trying to run me over with a flying car
    I dont believe either, howeverI think that religion is absolutely assential to the world. Im going to go to bed though, so this will be it for me ^.^
     
         

  • #7
    Banned
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,267
    Location
    Draenor
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by repulse View Post
    Going with the Seth Macfarlane approach ey?
    No it's actually a common believe.

    Christians set technology back by 500 years by burning The great library in Alexandria Egypt.
     
         

  • #8
    Deceased FuChomei's Avatar
    Status
    FuChomei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    367
    Beautifying your face
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    With Christianity we have cars.

    Without Christianity we have flying cars.
    I completely agree with this.
     
         

  • #9
    「スムーズ」 Fresco's Avatar
    Status
    Fresco is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    817
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Hidden in the Leafs View Post
    Making religious threads are banned. If you had read the rules you would've known; however, since you made the thread know that it will be closed the next hour. Not by me, but the mods are at it today.
    You would know about such controversial threads, wouldn't you?

    http://narutobase.net/forums/showthr...=336042&page=1
     
         

  • #10
    Senior Member Michael Jordan's Avatar
    Status
    Michael Jordan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,693
    Location
    Riding around with a blunt in my lip, the sun in my eyes with a gun on my hip.
    "In this world wherever
    there is light - there are
    also shadows. As long as the
    concept of winners exist,
    there must be losers. The
    selfish desire of wanting to
    maintain peace causes wars,
    and hatred is born to protect
    love" - Madara Uchiha
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    No it's actually a common believe.

    Christians set technology back by 500 years by burning The great library in Alexandria Egypt.
    Don't forget all the wars it has caused.
     
         

  • #11
    Banned
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,267
    Location
    Draenor
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan View Post
    Don't forget all the wars it has caused.
    Very true.
     
         

  • #12
    「スムーズ」 Fresco's Avatar
    Status
    Fresco is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    817
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    No it's actually a common believe.

    Christians set technology back by 500 years by burning The great library in Alexandria Egypt.
    Historians aren't clear on who burned the library. Some say Julius Caesar had burned it. My point is, I'd hold off on making accusations such as that until it becomes clear on who did it. At least the last time I checked, Historians were confused.

    @Ninja hidden in the leaf, not at all. I just wanted to bring up how you offended some people in that thread.
     
         

  • #13
    Banned
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,267
    Location
    Draenor
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iEnvy View Post
    Historians aren't clear on who burned the library. Some say Julius Caesar had burned it. My point is, I'd hold off on making accusations such as that until it becomes clear on who did it. At least the last time I checked, Historians were confused.

    @Ninja hidden in the leaf, not at all. I just wanted to bring up how you offended some people in that thread.
    Pretty sure I'm right.
     
         

  • #14
    Member Ninja Hidden in the Leafs's Avatar
    Status
    Ninja Hidden in the Leafs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    449
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iEnvy View Post
    Historians aren't clear on who burned the library. Some say Julius Caesar had burned it. My point is, I'd hold off on making accusations such as that until it becomes clear on who did it. At least the last time I checked, Historians were confused.

    @Ninja hidden in the leaf, not at all. I just wanted to bring up how you offended some people in that thread.
    I am sorry that I hurt your feelings. Please forgive me.

    2 things though. 1. I only "offended" people because I wanted the thread closed. I figured if I ticked off enough people it would be reported to the mods. 2. Some children are so stubborn and think they are so intelligent that whatever another person says that is different than what they say is wrong. It was towards those "children" that I directed my insults to because I knew one would complain to the mods. It took 2 to 3 days, but it got closed after I had asked a mod to close the thread the 2nd day after it was created. So do not "remind me" of how controversial you claim I am, when in actuality you know only little about me. Have a nice day.
     
         

  • #15
    Senior Member repulse's Avatar
    Status
    repulse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan View Post
    Don't forget all the wars it has caused.
    Don't forget all the hope it generates for people that are in need of it.
     
         

  • #16
    Senior Member repulse's Avatar
    Status
    repulse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    No it's actually a common believe.

    Christians set technology back by 500 years by burning The great library in Alexandria Egypt.
    I'm saying this because there is an episode of Family Guy where humanity is far more advanced in a world without Christianity. It's how I recognize it I suppose.
     
         

  • #17
    Member Ninja Hidden in the Leafs's Avatar
    Status
    Ninja Hidden in the Leafs is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    449
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by repulse View Post
    I'm saying this because there is an episode of Family Guy where humanity is far more advanced in a world without Christianity. It's how I recognize it I suppose.
    please do not compare real life to family guy. Please oh please do not do it. I'm not to familiar with the library being destroyed; however, it was thought to be destroyed by a few reasons. None of them involving christians. One of them was that Caesar had ruined it by accident. It really is all though speculation, and who knows if we will ever find out the real reason.
     
         

  • #18
    Senior Member repulse's Avatar
    Status
    repulse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Hidden in the Leafs View Post
    please do not compare real life to family guy. Please oh please do not do it. I'm not to familiar with the library being destroyed; however, it was thought to be destroyed by a few reasons. None of them involving christians. One of them was that Caesar had ruined it by accident. It really is all though speculation, and who knows if we will ever find out the real reason.
    Hahaha, I was not comparing Family Guy to real life. I was applying what I had heard from Family Guy to what Okami had said. Clearly something different.
     
         

  • #19
    「スムーズ」 Fresco's Avatar
    Status
    Fresco is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    817
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    Pretty sure I'm right.
    I can't say your opinion holds much weight since you're clearly biased. Ah, but whatever; people will have opinions and who am I to say who's right and who is wrong. Though, I could bring up the secular atheist regimes of the past and clear Darwinist-influenced approach from Hitler at running a government. But I won't because I dislike making detrimental generalizations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Hidden in the Leafs View Post
    I am sorry that I hurt your feelings. Please forgive me.

    2 things though. 1. I only "offended" people because I wanted the thread closed. I figured if I ticked off enough people it would be reported to the mods. 2. Some children are so stubborn and think they are so intelligent that whatever another person says that is different than what they say is wrong. It was towards those "children" that I directed my insults to because I knew one would complain to the mods. It took 2 to 3 days, but it got closed after I had asked a mod to close the thread the 2nd day after it was created. So do not "remind me" of how controversial you claim I am, when in actuality you know only little about me. Have a nice day.
    Oh yes, I'm totally offended as evidenced by my earlier post

    Good reasoning bro. Clearly, threads about homosexuality are not controversial.
     
         

  • #20
    Senior Member repulse's Avatar
    Status
    repulse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Religious discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Hidden in the Leafs View Post
    .... I'm going to stop talking to you now for I think I may be in the presence of a "child". If not though, I want you to never compare animated tv to actual history. You can't form an opinion just because you saw it. You must learn and understand it before you can turn it into your own opinion. That is the same of which everyone should do before creating your own personal view.
    You are being ridiculous. I made the association with what another user said to something that I had seen on TV.
    I can't form an opinion just because I saw it? I did indeed understand it, and I chose to connect what had been said to a TV show, because the TV show in question is widely viewed, with a chance of someone having watched the episode I was referring to. Did I once say that just because Family Guy said it, I believe it to be true because it is a reliable source of information? No. Stating that humanity would have been advanced if it weren't for the presence of Christianity is an opinion in of itself.
     
         

  • Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •