Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

(Theory) Nagato and Gedō Mazō

(Theory) Nagato and Gedō Mazō

Hello NarutoBase. I have formulated a theory to annotate the Nagato and the Gedō Mazō along with its unexplained aspects. I will give a brief summary in the conclusion section for those who do not wish to read that following. Please only leave productive feedback. Thank You. Enjoy

There are two main unexplained aspects that tie the two together.

• What was the "Soul Eating Dragon" that the Gedō Mazō used to kill Hanzō's Henchman & Danzō's ANBU Root?
    • Why was Nagato, the one who supposedly mastered the Rin'negan, unable to control the Gedō Mazō and its powers?

I will explain the contents of the first question but before that, we must fast forward to a saddening part of the manga; Chapter 614.

Notice how Obito raises his hand conveniently before the attack hit Neji? I don't think that this was coincidence and the Jubi just so happens to know Mokuton. I believe that the Jubi and as a result of the Creation of All Things, Gedō Mazō, when controlled are able to project the controllers jutsu through itself. Keep this in mind as a I attempt to explain the Soul-Eating Dragon.

We see Nagato summoning the Gedō Mazō. Then he gets penetrated with the chakra subsequent to the summoning. And then the Gedō Mazō starts wrecking havoc. The dragon didn't seem to be physical and Nagato thinned and changed in personality afterward. I believe that the Gedō Mazō's Soul-Eating Dragon was the use of Ningendō projected from Nagato to the Gedo Mazo to do what he did. This is why Nagato thinned - he had to project so much chakra to do something on that scale

Now why wasn't he able to control the Gedo Mazo while Obito could? It's quite easy to explain in my opinion.

Notice how Zetsu says summon to Nagato and then Madara says control to Obito? Well the reasoning is to summon the Gedo Mazo there is a requirement - the possession of the Rin'negan. This is why Nagato was able to summon him. So why did Madara say control to Obito? Because, the requirement to control it, is to possess Uchiha & Senju DNA. This is why he said Obito could control it, even if he doesn't awaken the Rin'negan. This is why it was stated Madara could summon it (Rin'negan) and control it as well (Has Senju + Uchiha DNA).

Summary

• The Soul-Eating Dragon that the Gedo Mazo under Nagato used was a Projection of Ningendo
    • To summon the Gedo Mazo you must possess the Rin'negan - this is why Nagato could summon it
    • To control it you need Senju + Uchiha DNA - this is why Obito/Madara can control it but Nagato can't

Thanks for Reading!

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like plants. plants are
    asexual, and can reproduce by
    budding. dat photosynthesis.
    dat Plant reproductive
    morphology. dat flora.

Re: (Theory) Nagato and Gedō Mazō

your welcome, for writing

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「分化」

Nagato needed to "awaken" the Rinnegan, and have Uchiha DNA/Sharingan.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

Quote Originally Posted by the big boss View Post
    your welcome, for writing
    I am under excessively under the state of chagrin after reading that reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
    Nagato needed to "awaken" the Rinnegan, and have Uchiha DNA/Sharingan.
    Yup that is it, in a nutshell.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step into the mind of Logic.

GG sir kinda already knew but i love the way you set it up.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

Quote Originally Posted by Normal fanboy View Post
    GG sir kinda already knew but i love the way you set it up.
    Thanks man!

Status
    Mar 2013
    Eating ramen with Naruto, Minato & Kushina at Ichiraku
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm leaving NB as my life in
    general is becoming a lot
    busier (especially uni T_T). I
    will miss the good and bad of
    NB for sure. So to everyone
    (including my haters), I wish
    you all live a happy life.
    Farewell! :)

Nice read :P

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

Quote Originally Posted by PTran5 View Post
    Nice read :P
    Thanks! And nice signature!

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.

That's pretty much what I thought!

Good job, it was a nice read!

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

Interesting analysis and breakdown.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

Quote Originally Posted by Sage of all Shinobi View Post
    That's pretty much what I thought!

Good job, it was a nice read!
    Thanks!

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People only Die Because They
    Accept Death as an
    Inevitability

Could you explain to me what you mean by nagato not being able to control it?

I was under the impression that nagato could control it. Wasnt he the one in charged of starting the Nine Phantom Dragon Technique?

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are sworn brothers, we
    drank to it- Sabo

Great Theory :D

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Can you explain how Nagato isn't able to control it. He controlled it briefly before being impaled to supply it with chakra. He's also been using the gedo mazo to extract bijuu's. He never showed issues with control.

Also Uzumaki and Senju seem interchangeable in this series, Madara said Nagato was of senju lineage that's why he gave him the rinnengan and also the rinnengan was originally Madara's and contains Uchiha DNA. So he would have both Uchiha and senju DNA.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed. Just watch out for the people who think Madara's eyes containing his DNA gives him the Uchiha power that he's lacking.

You also might wanna add that he was able to control it, but just not properly as Madara stated without Senju and Uchiha's power you can't handle the Mazo properly.

Last edited by KidGamer65; 05-06-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KidGamer65 View Post
    Agreed. Just watch out for the people who think Madara's eyes containing his DNA gives him the Uchiha power that he's lacking.
    We've been over this plenty of times. Eyes containing DNA is a fact, we also know power comes from DNA in this series. Just like a little senju DNA is able to greatly increase ones chakra levels. The rinnengan posses Uchiha powers it doesn't loose them through evolution, for example we've seen it still posses the power to see chakra just like the sharringan which is an Uchiha power.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Midday View Post
    We've been over this plenty of times. Eyes containing DNA is a fact, we also know power comes from DNA in this series. Just like a little senju DNA is able to greatly increase ones chakra levels. The rinnengan posses Uchiha powers it doesn't loose them through evolution,for example we've seen it still posses the power to see chakra just like the sharringan which is an Uchiha power.
    The Rinnegan possess Uchiha powers when in the hands of its wielder. When you can show me Nagato using any Sharingan abilities which is apart of the Uchiha's power then you can say Nagato can control the Mazo properly. Until then its just fanfiction.

@bold: All the Great Dojutsu can see chakra, that's not something special.

-No pre cog.
    -No Genjutsu.
    -No MS abilities of Madara.

Nagato's Rinnegan doesn't have Madara's power in it or more accurately Nagato can't access it so its moot.

Using his eyes as an excuse to try and say he has Uchiha's power is moot as he can't use it nor can he access it.

So, reply again when you can prove he has Uchiha's power. If you can't then don't reply at all.

Last edited by KidGamer65; 05-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Happy And Peaceful.

Kind of already knew that.... Anyways great job as always Bro....

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Rinnegan possess Uchiha powers when in the hands of its wielder. When you can show me Nagato using any Sharingan abilities which is apart of the Uchiha's power then you can say Nagato can control the Mazo properly. Until then its just fanfiction.

@bold: All the Great Dojutsu can see chakra, that's not something special.

-No pre cog.
    -No Genjutsu.
    -No MS abilities of Madara.

Nagato's Rinnegan doesn't have Madara's power in it or more accurately Nagato can't access it so its moot.

Using his eyes as an excuse to try and say he has Uchiha's power is moot as he can't use it nor can he access it.

So, reply again when you can prove he has Uchiha's power. If you can't then don't reply at all.
    Is seeing chakra a sharringan power or not? That's proof of one of the powers Uchiha have.

When was the last time we saw sharringan precognition? Just because we don't see it anymore doesn't mean it's not there. Genjutsu isn't an Uchiha power. Also the rinnengan Nagato posses has Madara's ems techs in it, it's Nagato himself who hasn't shown/can't use them, therefore he's in possession of them which is one of the requirements to control the mazo.

Last edited by Midday; 05-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Is seeing chakra a sharringan power or not? That's proof of one of the powers Uchiha have.

When was the last time we saw sharringan precognition? Just because we don't see it anymore doesn't mean it's not there. Genjutsu isn't an Uchiha power. Also the rinnengan Nagato posses has Madara's ems techs in it, it's Nagato himself who hasn't shown/can't use them, therefore he's in possession of them which is all that's required to control the thing.
    -If Nagato doesn't have access to them its moot. So stop mentioning it. End of story. When you can show a scan of Nagato actually utilizing these powers or a scan that proves he has the capability to access them then you can say he has Uchiha's power. He has Rinnegan. Not Sharingan.

- :sy: When I said Genjutsu I was obviously talking about the Sharingan's ability to cast Genjutsu. Nagato doesn't have it unless you have scans proving otherwise.

- Doesn't matter. Unless you have something proving Nagato can use it, its just an assumption backed up with no proof and is worthless here.

- Seeing through chakra is the Rinnegan's power genius.. Nagato doesn't have Sharingan's power so you can't attribute it to Sharingan.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

-If Nagato doesn't have access to them its moot. So stop mentioning it. End of story. When you can show a scan of Nagato actually utilizing these powers or a scan that proves he has the capability to access them then you can say he has Uchiha's power. He has Rinnegan. Not Sharingan.

- :sy: When I said Genjutsu I was obviously talking about the Sharingan's ability to cast Genjutsu. Nagato doesn't have it unless you have scans proving otherwise.

- Doesn't matter. Unless you have something proving Nagato can use it, its just an assumption backed up with no proof and is worthless here.

- Seeing through chakra is the Rinnegan's power genius.. Nagato doesn't have Sharingan's power so you can't attribute it to Sharingan.
    Madara said you need Uchiha and Senju power that's all, not that you need to use his EMS techniques. Once again in this series just taking the DNA from a clan gives you some of their power. It's no different if it's Uchiha or senju.

Genjutsu is not a sharringan power.

The assumption is based on the rinnengan being the next step after the sharrigan, like each step it doesn't loose it's preexisting powers.

Seeing chakra is part of an Uchiha's power which Nagato has shown. That power came from the rinnegan like every other Uchiha power.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    o w l p h a r o h

Niice Niice

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Madara said you need Uchiha and Senju power that's all, not that you need to use his EMS techniques. Once again in this series just taking the DNA from a clan gives you some of their power. It's no different if it's Uchiha or senju.
    Nagato doesn't have access to the Sharingan powers as he has Rinnegan not Sharingan. Manga fact.

Nagato doesn't have Uchiha's power. Nor does taking Madara's Rinnegan eyes prove that he has Uchiha's power otherwise Madara would have simply said Rinnegan is all that's needed to control the Mazo. Him mentioning the two powers would mean nothing. Obviously that's not the case.

Genjutsu is not a sharringan power.
    So casting Genjutsu isn't a Sharingan power? What manga are you reading?

The assumption is based on the rinnengan being the next step after the sharrigan, like each step it doesn't loose it's preexisting powers.
    Yet Nagato can't use Susanoo like Madara could. Scans of him using Sharingan pre cog or your opinion is worthless.

Seeing chakra is part of an Uchiha's power which Nagato has shown. That power came from the rinnegan like every other Uchiha power.
    Seeing chakra is a power of every Dojutsu wielder. Try again.

Come again with scans of Nagato using Sharingan abilities and maybe I'll bother to reply.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

Nagato doesn't have access to the Sharingan powers as he has Rinnegan not Sharingan. Manga fact.

Nagato doesn't have Uchiha's power. Nor does taking Madara's Rinnegan eyes prove that he has Uchiha's power otherwise Madara would have simply said Rinnegan is all that's needed to control the Mazo. Him mentioning the two powers would mean nothing. Obviously that's not the case.

So casting Genjutsu isn't a Sharingan power? What manga are you reading?

Yet Nagato can't use Susanoo like Madara could. Scans of him using Sharingan pre cog or your opinion is worthless.

Seeing chakra is a power of every Dojutsu wielder. Try again.

Come again with scans of Nagato using Sharingan abilities and maybe I'll bother to reply.
    Thank you for doing the debating for me.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'll also add that Uchiha and Senju powers are the powers of the six paths, said by Konan and agreed on by Obito. That's the power Nagato's been using.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»