Banned
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kuruma is based off of the man
    in my sig!

So Samurai and Ninja are different things in Naruto as well?

I know in real life Ninjas and Samurai are different. But in naruto, are they considered different as well? Are Samurais just a category of ninja or are they their own brand of warriors altogether?

1) Did Ninjas evolve from Samurai just like they did in real life?

2) Were Hashi and Tobirama and madara Samurai before they became shinobi? Is this why they have Samurai armor and were amazing with swords? Were they just Samurais during Hashis time and only became Ninja when hashi became Kage?

3) Is mifune a ninja with amazing swordsmanship or is he simply only a samurai fighting with Ninja?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Gobi4Mod

Re: So Samurai and Ninja are different things in Naruto as well?

Samurai are not ninja, they don't use ninjutsu. They only use kenjutsu (the art of the sword).

In real life, ninja didn't come from samurai. Ninja would try to overthrow the government using sneaky tactics, while Samurai were the vassals of feudal lords.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    these people suck

they are two different things

samurai solely use their skills for swordbattle and infuse their chakra to that

ninjas use kung fu/taijutsu and chakra for powerful moves/ninjutsu

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    #SpeedBlitz

It's kind of asking the same thing, but I believe they are all Ninja, and Samurai are just a clan, so they are different.

Banned
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kuruma is based off of the man
    in my sig!

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentBush View Post
    Samurai are not ninja, they don't use ninjutsu. They only use kenjutsu (the art of the sword).

In real life, ninja didn't come from samurai. Ninja would try to overthrow the government using sneaky tactics, while Samurai were the vassals of feudal lords.
    Some of the Ninja in those times were Samurais themselves. It was the Samurai who betrayed the government and taught the people who became Ninja how to use a sword and battle. After that, the people who were trained realized it was useless to fight fairly so they developed and mastered the ways of the assassin.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry for Bamboo

Samurai actually means to serve... even diplomats who never fought could be included as samurai in the Shogunate, or any other feudal lord.

All samurai wore two swords, this was to show status, and honor, not everyone would fight, though. These warriors were called Bushi, their way was called Bushido. These men, like the other samurai would dedicate their lives.

Ninja on the other hand were sophisticated bandits, studying the arts of deception, guerilla warfare, and theft... pretty much the first form of successful organized crime.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Samurai was a class distinction. Samurai families were considered high class below only royalty. They could own property, govern villages and they served at the whim of royalty or the emperor. Ninjas did spying, killing and other types of deeds like that for money. Kind of like mercenaries today.

In Naruto a large part of the villages income comes from sending the teams out on jobs for money. I believe some of the oldest families are samurai as well as ninja. In the anime sometimes a character is addressed as sama after their name, that means that person is from a samurai family. I would imagine that the Senju, Hyuga, Nara,and Sarutobi clans were samurai and some others too. I can't think of all of the names now.