Banned
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Will kill for attention.

Just accept the facts: the war arc was amazing, it was only after chapter 559 that...

It went down hill. Naruto's war arc was amazing; Madara's epic revival, epic clash against 5 Kages, Naruto, Kakashi, Guy and Killer Bee against Tobi and the Bijuus, no talking or talk no Jutsu, just pure action; Itachi and Sasuke against Dragon Sage Mode Kabuto; Naruto going Bijuu Mode; Madara trolling Kishimoto like a boss; Madara bossing up everywhere he went; Kakashi's epic strategy and Tobi being a boss. After chapter 599 a lot of the botches in the war arc have been subsequently emerging, and the only thing that's keeping the war arc enjoyable is Orochimaru, my favorite character. Without my amigo Orochimaru saving the day the war arc would be nothing as good as it would be without him

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Re: Just accept the facts: the war arc was amazing, it was only after chapter 559 tha

Don't worry, we'll get more action soon enough.

Hopefully

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    What?

Re: Just accept the facts: the war arc was amazing, it was only after chapter 559 tha

I some what agree and mostly disagree BR00

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Will kill for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerjordan View Post
    Don't worry, we'll get more action soon enough.

Hopefully
    It's not so much a lack of action as much as it is a lack of coherent structure. Chapter 599 contradicted Naruto in more ways than I can count

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2013
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.

The only time in this war where I had to force myself to read was the kabuto fight.

Horrible. Everything else was either tolerable, ok, or freaking amazing. But that's just me :D

Status
    NaN

This is what we call a "falling action", where a point in the story falls until another point rises again, which would be when the Edo Kages and Eagle arrive.

Status
    「 πλοῦτος
    κράτος 」

Well it is a war. There are periods where tensions and violence are more prevalent and at large than others but then again, this war was only like two days...

Status
    Sep 2010
    0834-1917-9840

orochimaru really has played a big role!

Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2010
    based-madara.tumblr.com

It really sucked until Madara came, then Kabuto flashback sucked, then Madara started playing around and now it sucks except for the hokages.

Super banana mode
    Status
    Apr 2013
    This user has no status.

stupid opinion

Status
    Mar 2013
    Sabr.. is Preferred

Agreed, after chapter 600 everything looks repetitive mostly due to obito saying the same things over n over again. Only thing good was whole Hashirama and sasuke encounter. Now Kishi needs to pick up the pace again

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

There will be more action now that the kages are back

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Will kill for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Invsblphntm View Post
    Let me explain, clearly, why this topic isn't going to be taken seriously:

1. You state that it went downhill after 559, 559 was Madara's revival. Then you go on to say Madara's revival and battle with the Kages was great? Hahaha, I don't see any problem that.

2. I don't see what "botches" you're talking about and you didn't include any in your topic. I feel you're just angry that Tobi is Obito.

3. Orochimaru hasn't done anything "boss" in the chapters he has been revived. He exclaimed his infatuation with Sasuke's body and revived the Hokages. If anything, the Hokages have been the ones being "boss".

4. As of recent, the Juubi has been revived, Tobi was revealed, and the Hokages were revived. I don't see what you want from this arc, more meteors from Madara? Tobi putting his mask back on? Maybe Itachi coming back? I'll let you on a little secret, none of these things are going to happen.
    I meant 599

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    This user has no status.

The war was handled poorly. I like it, but that's the truth. I have a few big problems with it.

1: Zetsu enemies are cool, but it loses. .Respect? Realism? I don't know. But I can't really take the battles seriously with all the Zetsu clones fighting the random shinobi.

2: Edo Tensei and filler are the next issue. The Edo's were either taken out surprislingly quickly, or solo'd by Naruto. You would think it would be insanely hard to defeat and even significantly damage these power house zombies. Let alone seal them in a single fight. As for fillers, some should have been cannon. I would have prefered an extra 50 chapters if it meant we got to see actual fights between the Shinobi alliance and the Akatsuki forces (Edo's included.)

And I really wanted to see the Seven Swordsmen of the mist in action....

3: Naruto is the next issue, he really was everywhere and didn't give anyone a chance to develop. He was just taking out the hidden Zetsu's incredibly quick after they discovered they were around. Almost made Sakura's discovery insiginifcant if Naruto was gonna show up and know something was wrong anyways.

Naruto shouldn't have been in every battle, it really ruins the manga a tad when EVERY fight has Naruto in it some how, and how Naruto CLONES beat some strong Edo's.

4: Itachi and Kabuto, not complaining about Izanami this time. The fight was pointless. . .Every Edo that was a threat was sealed other than Madara. And Madara was able to release himself from the contract at the last minute. From a story stand point it was needed, but from a readers POV. .

Itachi did nothing noteable by stopping Kabuto, other than setting up for Orochimaru/Edo Hokages. In the war, nothing changed. Few Edo's weren't sealed and the most threatening one was still around.

The war is fine and all, just could have been handled a lot better.