Multifaceted Lacerator Called a Genius's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    It takes more muscle to frown;
    I'm gettin' big :/

AP English Language (High School Juniors)

So the AP English Language test was today. What did you guys think? Personally I thought it was ridiculously easy, I don't think I could have missed more than 5 on the multiple choice. As for the essays, I was lucky enough to be in the "zone" this morning and my synthesis/analysis were both amazing (like both in the top 5 essays I've written this year). I rushed through the argument, which was pretty disappointing because I could have written it pretty well. All in all, worst case scenario I get 50 on Multiple choice and 8/7/5 on the essays, so I've hopefully got my 5 locked up
    Physics on Monday will be another easy 5, then APUSH on Wednesday will be pretty irritating......

And I'm sorry I know this isn't the right section.... :/

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: AP English Language (High School Juniors)

Ahh AP Tests, I remember those. Just a tip though, check with the colleges you plan on going to and find out if they even accept AP Tests. Alot don't accept some of them.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
    Ahh AP Tests, I remember those. Just a tip though, check with the colleges you plan on going to and find out if they even accept AP Tests. Alot don't accept some of them.
    Yeah I know that. Still the classes are pretty fun I guess, a lot better to be in a class with friends that's fairly intellectually stimulating than to waste away with the druggies haha.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Called a Genius View Post
    Yeah I know that. Still the classes are pretty fun I guess, a lot better to be in a class with friends that's fairly intellectually stimulating than to waste away with the druggies haha.
    Ahahah yea that's true. My high school was a kind of different though. If I remember correctly the average GPA was about a 3.5. Too many smarties, not enough druggies lol.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nice. I'm a sophomore so all they offered me was AP Euro, I'm taking APUSH for junior year. My exam's this Wednesday.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bans won't hold me back.

I remember when I was a junior, I was literally the only one who didn't take the AP English lang exam...cant remember why though.

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fodder

I remember back when I took AP Lang. The class was great, mostly because of the teacher haha. But I remember the test being ridiculously easy

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
    Ahahah yea that's true. My high school was a kind of different though. If I remember correctly the average GPA was about a 3.5. Too many smarties, not enough druggies lol.
    I'm exaggerating a little bit. There are a good amount of normal people in regular classes, and even in AP classes. Our school is basically composed of the top 25, the next 60 or so who are average to decent, and then druggies hahahah

Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, for me any English test is a breeze I don't even have to bother studying. English is just an easy subject IMO. I've always been very good at it though. I can write a paper we've had all semester to write (in college) in a single day the week before it is due and get an A on it. Multiple choice tests are a breeze.

It only really starts getting a bit difficult when you have to write a long essay or scientific research paper where you are required to meticulously cite all sources throughout the paper. I'm currently a psych major and I've had to write several papers in APA format and it's not too hard but it sure is a pain in the ass.(I know that's not technically English class material but you need to be good in the subject to write quality papers) Compared to a APA format research paper a simple multiple choice English with a few short essays is easy.

If you are confident that you knew most of the answers on the multiple choice part, your grammar is good on the essays, and you wrote a decent amount with substance you should at least get 85%.

AP classes are nice because they save you money. In retrospect I wish I had taken more while I was in high school as it's basically free college credit. You'd be surprised to find out that in some cases, the high school AP classes are actually harder than the actual college campus classes would be.

I'm exaggerating a little bit. There are a good amount of normal people in regular classes, and even in AP classes. Our school is basically composed of the top 25, the next 60 or so who are average to decent, and then druggies hahahah
    Are you talking percentages or actual people? I live in a pretty populated area, and my high school had over 2,000 students. I cant even imagine only having 100 other students in my school.

Last edited by Ero sennin jiraiya; 05-11-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    Well, for me any English test is a breeze I don't even have to bother studying. English is just an easy subject IMO. I've always been very good at it though. I can write a paper we've had all semester to write (in college) in a single day the week before it is due and get an A on it. Multiple choice tests are a breeze.

It only really starts getting a bit difficult when you have to write a long essay or scientific research paper where you are required to meticulously cite all sources throughout the paper. I'm currently a psych major and I've had to write several papers in APA format and it's not too hard but it sure is a pain in the ass.(I know that's not technically English class material but you need to be good in the subject to write quality papers) Compared to a APA format research paper a simple multiple choice English with a few short essays is easy.

If you are confident that you knew most of the answers on the multiple choice part, your grammar is good on the essays, and you wrote a decent amount with substance you should at least get 85%.

AP classes are nice because they save you money. In retrospect I wish I had taken more while I was in high school as it's basically free college credit. You'd be surprised to find out that in some cases, the high school AP classes are actually harder than the actual college campus classes would be.

Are you talking percentages or actual people? I live in a pretty populated area, and my high school had over 2,000 students. I cant even imagine only having 100 other students in my school.
    I wasn't talking percentages. There are about 25 people in my class that are actually smart or can work hard, then another chunk who can do ok in easier APs, then the rest just suck haha. We have over 2000 students. And how would one go about studying for an English test in the first place? lol the only test that I'm going to need to study for is US History, which will likely be my first non-5

Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I wasn't talking percentages. There are about 25 people in my class that are actually smart or can work hard, then another chunk who can do ok in easier APs, then the rest just suck haha. We have over 2000 students. And how would one go about studying for an English test in the first place? lol the only test that I'm going to need to study for is US History, which will likely be my first non-5
    Honestly man I'm not sure how one would study for an English test because I've never had to lol. I'd assume "studying" would be writing practice essays and brushing up on your grammar. This seems unnecessary to me though as by middle school your grammar should be up to par as well as your ability to write.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    Honestly man I'm not sure how one would study for an English test because I've never had to lol. I'd assume "studying" would be writing practice essays and brushing up on your grammar. This seems unnecessary to me though as by middle school your grammar should be up to par as well as your ability to write.
    Yeah some people just aren't cut out for that shit hahahha. What's it like being a psych major? Around this time last year I became like really interested in Psychology. That interest sort of fizzled when I started Physics this year though

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should listen to
    Phish

I never took AP classes in high school.

The Original Doctor
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Sigh* Some kids don't know
    how to behave.

Lame....Take AP Music Theory. It's the most difficult AP test offered, and nearly killed my 4.0

If you want real fun, take IB Euro and Lit

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only place i'm allowed to
    cry are in the bathroom and in
    dad's arms.

i took AP Psychology exam on monday, it was decently easy.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DissonantValues View Post
    Lame....Take AP Music Theory. It's the most difficult AP test offered, and nearly killed my 4.0

If you want real fun, take IB Euro and Lit
    We don't have a music theory class, but one a couple of my friends were saying that the test was easy and that they planned on taking it, and they aren't really that smart. Also we don't have IB classes :/ And everyone I know at schools that do offer them thinks that they are vastly superior to APs....