Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With my Tedder-bear
    Posts
    31,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate monkey suits.
     

    Where was this said?

    I see a lot of people saying Hidan must keep on doing his ritual in order to be immortal. However, I don't remember where this was said or if it was ever even said period.

    So can someone provide a manga or databook page that actually says so?
     
         

  2. #2
    *★ ★~Elite Member~★ ★ * S A G E's Avatar
    Status
    S A G E is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    5,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    I never saw mention of it in the manga or anime either.
     
         

  3. #3
    Creative Ventalus's Avatar
    Status
    Ventalus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Nope neither did I.
     
         

  4. #4
    Zexion~'s Avatar
    Status
    Zexion~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    An unforeseen situation… An
    unexpected turn of events…
    In the face of those, you too
    will face your true self.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    i saw it in narutopedia but thats about it
     
         

  5. #5
    ★ うちはイタチ ★ King Of Crows's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Crows is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Black Crow Beckons
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    It is heavily implies that he must do these rituals in order to remain immortal. Or else why do them in the first place ?
     
         

  6. #6
    Banned Klad's Avatar
    Status
    Klad is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody dies in the summer
     



    Re: Where was this said?

    Who said that ??

    Hidan is immortal himself,it has nothing to do with his rituals .
     
         

  7. #7
    ★ うちはイタチ ★ King Of Crows's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Crows is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Black Crow Beckons
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by kladarakun View Post
    Who said that ??

    Hidan is immortal himself,it has nothing to do with his rituals .
    Yes, but why is he immortal ? Many think it is because of his rituals
     
         

  8. #8
    Creative Ventalus's Avatar
    Status
    Ventalus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxItachi x View Post
    Yes, but why is he immortal ? Many think it is because of his rituals
    Many thinks yeah, but so far as I know it's not stated. Just because you or many thinks/believe something doesn't mean it has to be true.
     
         

  9. #9
    ★ うちはイタチ ★ King Of Crows's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Crows is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Black Crow Beckons
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ventalus View Post
    Many thinks yeah, but so far as I know it's not stated. Just because you or many thinks/believe something doesn't mean it has to be true.
    There haven't been any clues as to how else he would be immortal though.
     
         

  10. #10
    Member Vishvak Tatineni's Avatar
    Status
    Vishvak Tatineni is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxItachi x View Post
    It is heavily implies that he must do these rituals in order to remain immortal. Or else why do them in the first place ?
    might as well just be like paying ur respects coz of the gift u have
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Joshutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Joshutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    bleh
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    when kakashi was like 'is he immortal?' when he said he fought the first he said 'No. nothing like that exists in this world' or something fully knowing of hidans abilities. But that was only stated in the anime, and Narutopedia takes things from it as well but it should have indicated but yes i believe that is why people think that he has to but it makes sense i guess.

    Doubt kishi is even thinking about the character hes technically dead just by that after kishi burried him he forgot about him i don't see what him coming back will accomplish
     
         

  12. #12
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With my Tedder-bear
    Posts
    31,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate monkey suits.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxItachi x View Post
    It is heavily implies that he must do these rituals in order to remain immortal. Or else why do them in the first place ?
    Because Hidan is his god and that's how he worships.
     
         

  13. #13
    Isabella of Love and Hate Isabella95's Avatar
    Status
    Isabella95 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Finally summer holidays!!
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Because Hidan is his god and that's how he worships.
    Jashin*

    OT: Since nobody has rubbed any manga page in your face yet, it's probably just speculation. I myself can't remember that being said anywhere.
     
         

  14. #14
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With my Tedder-bear
    Posts
    31,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate monkey suits.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella95 View Post
    Jashin*

    OT: Since nobody has rubbed any manga page in your face yet, it's probably just speculation. I myself can't remember that being said anywhere.
    Ah yes, my mistake, sorry.
     
         

  15. #15
    Banned
    Status
    Cosman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    7,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    I believe he stated it in his databooks.

    He also stated that Kakuzu left his village because he was imprisoned for failing to kill hashirama and other stuff like that. I think the correct words were "he will die of malnutrition" and that was a reference to blood. I don't remember which databook it was though, I think the base has them all anyways so try searching for some.

    Hope that helped :D
     
         

  16. #16
    第五生まれ Draphsin's Avatar
    Status
    Draphsin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    O..bi...to..?
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Whats your point? That hidan is still alive?

    Its stated that hidan can die of malnutrition
     
         

  17. #17
    angel dream dark dreams's Avatar
    Status
    dark dreams is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    always in dreams
    Posts
    2,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    what were those dreams I used
    to envision in past.you
    replaced all of them
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    well its people thinking just
     
         

  18. #18
    黄俊 Huang's Avatar
    Status
    Huang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read comicbooks for a
    living,.. Just sayin'.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Maybe a bit late, but 'YES', Hidan needs to do his rituals in order to stay immortal.

    His cult god Jashin requires sacrifices from his followers, and rewards them with immortality.
    His first few conversations with Kakuzu during their arc pretty much confirms this.
     
         

  19. #19
    須佐能乎 RinneBlitz's Avatar
    Status
    RinneBlitz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    2,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    春野サクラ
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    His immortality is probably Kekkei Genkai. He uses his ritual for his Curse Jutsu, when he gets taste of his enemy's blood, that's all.
     
         

  20. #20
    Banned
    Status
    Bijuu Bomber is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In threads Solo'ing them (¬‿¬)
    Posts
    5,627
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    I thought in order for him to remain immortal he had to give sacrifices for Jashin so it gives him immortality? If not then my whole life is a LIE!!!
     
         

  21. #21
    Senior Member Exaar's Avatar
    Status
    Exaar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    This is whats said about Hidan in his 3rd databook.

    Main text

    Page 1

    Clad in Akatsuki's black clothes and sporting a three-bladed scythe, Hidan strikes those who confront him with fear. Hidan was born in the Hidden Hot Springs (Yugakure), a village purported to have forgotten battle. Although, with the disappearance of great wars, it counts among the hidden villages that saw their military power dwindle, it is endowed with a fertile nature and touristic sites, and it welcomed the changing of eras.
    Having lived his life as a shinobi, Hidan was constantly starved for battle. And before long, his irritation towards the lukewarm doctrine of peace turned towards the village itself... Quite inevitably, the rising religion of Jashinism set its eyes upon him. "Thou shalt kill thy neighbor": Hidan welcomed this creed with every ounce of will he ever had...

    Page 2

    [Immortal]
    Jashinism made use of its devotees' bodies for rituals. Which is to say, for repeated kinjutsu experiments. Their first successful case was none else but Hidan. The Curse he received in lieu of a blessing is in accordance with the perpetuation of massacre. From Jashinism, Hidan acquired an undying body, and rapture as he'd never known before. And his adoration for the doctrine grew, over and over again...

    [Deathless Combo]
    Hidan decided to join the Akatsuki because he saw a man there, named Kakuzu. Someone who would live for eternity, a pioneer to him, a guide. No doubt about it... Kakuzu would be most suitable as a partner. Unafraid of death, they were a greatly valuable war asset for the organization.

    [Ultimate Purpose]
    For Hidan, Jashinism confirmed itself as absolute, the one and only thing worth believing in. His ultimate purpose is to let the unbelievers who plague the world know about the existence of Jashinism... In other words, to build a society that acknowledges massacre. Hidan predicts it is possible if he takes part into the Akatsuki...

    [Precepts of Jashinism]
    Thou shalt kill thy neighbor. A principle laden with contradictions, such as the murder of fellow believers. However, those contradictions are of no significance to Hidan, who's acquired an immortal body. That's the reason why he honors the doctrine and precepts, and is able to follow them to the letter. Even if it costs him his head...

    Captions

    Page 1

    -You under my curse already, punk...

    -He worships the terrifying Evil God*! The immortal shinobi who revels in suffering!!

    Page 2

    -The child of flesh accursed sent by the gods!

    -Repeated massacres. In the name of Jashinism!

    Picture comments

    Page 1

    -Aiming for the blood of the sacrifice, Hidan wields his three-bladed scythe!! Truly, he has the ominous appearance of a Shinigami**.

    -He finds pleasure in granting agony. That is another part of his doctrine...

    -A rebuttal of him is a rebuttal of Jashinism. Hidan is exceedingly quick to lose his temper.

    Page 2

    -Pain is more pleasing than anything else to Hidan!! However, if he cannot "share" that pain, his anger will be made obvious...!!

    -As they get along well, the two of them make a perfect unit. They boast one of the best combinations.

    -He activates his Curse, to sacrifice to Jashin and let His existence be known. His body is a husk for the black power.

    -While he's part of the Akatsuki, Hidan's goals lie with Jashinism, to the bitter end!

    -He holds Jashin's symbol in his hand, or hangs it around his neck. That is genuine piety.

    -A long, drawn-out prayer follows the kill... He hasn't skipped that [duty] even once.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member AC3's Avatar
    Status
    AC3 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Flame Shall Rise Once
    More.. That is all...
     

    Re: Where was this said?

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    I see a lot of people saying Hidan must keep on doing his ritual in order to be immortal. However, I don't remember where this was said or if it was ever even said period.

    So can someone provide a manga or databook page that actually says so?
    I more than certain something said Hidan can only die from Starvation or something else
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •