Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Go suck on a lemon!

Shinra Tensei is useless!!

for all you haters: I know that this is manga This explains what would happen in the real world if you had Shinra Tensei

here is an excerpt from a Cracked article called 6 Awesome Superpowers (That Would Suck in Real Life)

and here is the part about force fields (which is Shinra Tensei):

So let's say you lean a little more toward the defensive side when choosing which superpower you fantasize about, and you prefer your superheroes of the "destined to appear only in shitty movies" variety. Fine -- you're Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman. You can conjure up an indestructible, invisible force field to materialize around you at will. Worries like car crashes, house fires, and ninja attacks are things of the past -- literally nothing can harm you now. You're the physical manifestation of the old "I'm rubber, you're glue" bit.

We'd like to glue a rubber to Sue Storm, if you know what we mean. (We certainly don't.)

So What's the Problem?

Let's face it -- if you suddenly find yourself with the ability to blow an indestructible bubble around yourself, the first thing you're going to want to do is show it off, Jackass-style. So say you decide to leave a building in the most Hollywood fashion possible: jumping straight off the roof and activating your force field just before you hit the ground. Well, sorry to tell you this, but your shield -- indestructible as it may be -- isn't going to save you.

"Wait ... what?"

You see, when you land, you'll face the same problem that your grade school egg drop experiment did: limited cushioning. If you're suspended rigidly in the center of your force field, as in most portrayals, the impact will absolutely kill you. There's no escaping the physics of it -- you're still losing all your momentum in an instant, and the force of the impact would turn you into a nice human puree. The problem isn't fixed if you're free to move around inside your force field bubble, either, because that would be like standing in a free-falling elevator -- you'll pancake onto the bottom of your shield on impact just the same.
    "So I just won't jump off of buildings!" you say. "It'll still protect me from car crashes and whatnot!"

Whatnot, courtesy of Cracked's art department.
    Unfortunately, nope. It doesn't matter where the force comes from -- physics is kind of an ******* that way. You face the same problem whether you're falling from a building, getting hit by a car, or being crushed by a comically oversized falling anvil. That force has to go somewhere, and your fragile human bits are as good a place as any.

Even if you do not use it as a shield but to repel things:

Newton's 3rd law:
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

meaning when you send out such a force to push something, there is counter force being sent back to your little body(that is the exact same ammount but is concentrated only on you) and that would be an OP way to die

Last edited by MisterX; 05-11-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Legend
    Status
    Dec 2012
    “Courage is not the absence
    of fear but rather the
    judgment that something else
    is more important than
    fear.”

Re: Shinra Tensei is useless!!

Shinra Tensei is the ability to manipulate repulsive force (斥力, sekiryoku) at the user's will to push matter or ninja techniques away.It's not a shield.It can be used as one,but you can use it for offence to.

Status
    Feb 2013

Far from it.

Senior Member AllomnisymbolsparttwoT's Avatar
    Status
    ._. i am
    all!._.>⌐■■and i
    embodies all
    things⌐■_■also beware i
    use cheat
    codes!<(((o)))>::<(((
    o)))> [IMG] [/IMG]
    SINGLE = stress is now gone
    Life's easier :I

Shinra tensei > fat dude. :'I the harsh truth.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Go suck on a lemon!

Quote Originally Posted by ReZ View Post
    Shinra Tensei is the ability to manipulate repulsive force (斥力, sekiryoku) at the user's will to push matter or ninja techniques away.It's not a shield.It can be used as one,but you can use it for offence to.
    it was used as one, and what is a shield doing?? pushing patter away

It mean when you push matter you get the same effect it the matter was pushing you.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Status
    Mar 2013
    This user has no status.

ohhh real world... i thought you meant in narutoverse for a sec

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Nice force ability you have there, well I wouldn't find it useless lol.

Being enabled to send out such a force it's op. The thing with it is that it create a force that push all objects away from you. With is a ultimate offensive and as well defensive ability.

Status
    Feb 2013
    California Show Me Love.

I stopped after the sentence that you said it was a force field it's not. It's the ability to manipulate Gravity

Status
    #SS

No one would care to use Shinra Tensei in the ways that are being discussed in this article. Car crash, jumping off buildings? Deva Path powers in the real world would be used for flying or bringing objects closer or pushing them away. And if people really had this power, it would be abused past the point where a person would have complete control over it I.E, they wouldn't be so limited to the laws of physics since they are already defying those laws. Also, Shinra Tensei isn't exactly a force field the way they are describing in the excerpt

Quote Originally Posted by Shichikage77 View Post
    It's the ability to manipulate Gravity
    Exactly this, force fields and the manipulation of gravitational pull are nearly two completely different things.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Go suck on a lemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ventalus View Post

Nice force ability you have there, well I wouldn't find it useless lol.

Being enabled to send out such a force it's op. The thing with it is that it create a force that push all objects away from you. With is a ultimate offensive and as well defensive ability.

Newton's 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

meaning when you send out such a force, there is counter force being sent back to your little body and that would be an OP way to die

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Pushing things away and controlling the rate of it means you can fly and that really negates the problem you mentioned.

Status
    Jan 2013
    f

I would destroy the one who dares to touch me

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Fail thread

Status
    Jun 2012
    Go suck on a lemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokami View Post
    No one would care to use Shinra Tensei in the ways that are being discussed in this article. Car crash, jumping off buildings? Deva Path powers in the real world would be used for flying or bringing objects closer or pushing them away. And if people really had this power, it would be abused past the point where a person would have complete control over it I.E, they wouldn't be so limited to the laws of physics since they are already defying those laws. Also, Shinra Tensei isn't exactly a force field the way they are describing in the excerpt

Exactly this, force fields and the manipulation of gravitational pull are nearly two completely different things.
    As I said:

meaning when you send out such a force, there is counter force being sent back to your little body and that would be an OP way to die

Status
    Jun 2011
    This user has no status.

I read the whole thing, that article was stupid, it said super healing is dumb because you'd basically get ptsd.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterX View Post

That's true, just like 4 tails Naruto pushed back Pein. However, you CAN control the amount of force you exert so that you don't hurt yourself, ease up the landing (i.e. cushioning).

Status
    Jan 2013
    f

Quote Originally Posted by Retsu View Post
    I read the whole thing, that article was stupid, it said super healing is dumb because you'd basically get ptsd.

Rikudo.. Is that you?

Status
    Oct 2012
    Tired just Tired !!!

Are you dr. proof ?

Senior Member Q of the Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    This user has no status.

ST isn't a force field as said above. It is the manipulation of repulsive force. By doing that the user doesn't have to witty about that force reaching him back unless the object he pushes resists it like Naruto in 6 tails mode.

One more thing. Why does the user of the force field have to be "connected" yup the field. They can just create it and it will be the equivalent of a very dense and strong wall or the walls properties can be that of being able to dissipate force along its surface so the force it is blocking didn't hit the user.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»