Status
    Oct 2011
    Send me a friend request on
    PSN. Username - King_Neonian

What if Gamabunta and those toads were never summoned?

Whenever Naruto has summoned those Toads. They have a special time limit. Which we don't know how much or what it is. It can be either decided by their chakra, or an actual time limit. We only know that they maybe can't leave until that time limit is gone. When Gamabunta was first summoned he said so himself. Since he was summoned might as well take a stroll until his time runs out. It can either mean 2 things.
    1. He wanted to stay.
    2. He couldn't go back.

But what if Naruto doesn't summoned the Toads? What if they walk to Konoha or wherever there location is. Does the time limit still affect them? or can they stay there as long as they wish?

Status
    Jan 2013
    犠牲の仙人

Re: What if Gamabunta and those toads were never summoned?

I think summoning animals have an obligation to stay with the person who summoned them until they sustain severe damage or are given permission to return. That has always been my understanding of it anyway.

Susanoo is amaz... ~Puppet Master~'s Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    ...ing, do you all understand?

...I never knew there was a time limit.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Maybe there's a time limit to how long you have to stay with the person who summoned you till you can go back.

Status
    Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ~Puppet Master~ View Post
    ...I never knew there was a time limit.
    There is. When Naruto fought Gaara, Gamabunta said "I wish I could see it to the end, but it looks like my time is up."

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

There's no time limit. The stroll that Gamabunta took only happened in the anime, not the manga.

Status
    Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ballerjordan View Post
    Maybe there's a time limit to how long you have to stay with the person who summoned you till you can go back.
    No, I mean what if they walked there from Mount Myoboku? Can they stay there as long as the frogs wish?

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Savior View Post
    There is. When Naruto fought Gaara, Gamabunta said "I wish I could see it to the end, but it looks like my time is up."
    No he was just almost out of chakra so he went back.

Status
    Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
    No he was just almost out of chakra so he went back.
    but he wanted to see it. Why didn't he just stay?

Owner of Kamui jimmies AlphaScythian's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Against All Authority

Time limit was implied/hinted in manga.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Doom, Gloom, and Dis-Pear.

It could be due to the fact that Naruto cannot summon without Kurama chakra. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Status
    Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaScythian View Post
    Time limit was implied/hinted in manga.
    Exactly ^^^

Status
    May 2012
    Oxygen .

Time limit?Maybe but never heard of it.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by shelke View Post
    It could be due to the fact that Naruto cannot summon without Kurama chakra. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

An idiotic idea.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

No time limit, they normally leave when the job is done or when injured bad enough they leave for aid among their kind, after all not all Medical Ninjas have the training for animal care especially if their giants like Toads,Snakes and Slugs, think their bandage requirements would empty out a hospital.

Status
    Sep 2012

An idiotic idea.
    Nope. Naruto is incapable of Summoning without Kurama's chakra. In fact, he even summoned Kurama's chakra for FRS during his fight with Kakuzu outside SM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Nope. Naruto is incapable of Summoning without Kurama's chakra. In fact, he even summoned Kurama's chakra for FRS during his fight with Kakuzu outside SM.
    Are you stupid? He only had to use a very small portion of Kurama's chakra Vs. Kakuzu because he's been f**** training nonstop for a few days just before coming to face him, he was almost out of chakra at the time so he had to use it, just like what happens when Sasuke tries to draw chakra when he didn't have anymore and the CS reacts. As for his need of Kurama's chakra for summoning is pure speculation and makes absolutely no logical sense.

Status
    Sep 2012

Are you stupid? He only had to use a very small portion of Kurama's chakra Vs. Kakuzu because he's been f**** training nonstop for a few days just before coming to face him, he was almost out of chakra at the time so he had to use it, just like what happens when Sasuke tries to draw chakra when he didn't have anymore and the CS reacts. As for his need of Kurama's chakra for summoning is pure speculation and makes absolutely no logical sense.
    Perhaps the 'stupid' joke is on you, as Naruto lacks chakra control BECAUSE of Kurama's chakra. He cannot summon without it. As far as FRS is concerned, then it possesses more range and better destructive power, not in Base Mode, but in SM.

The technique was incomplete at this point - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-343-5/n...apter-338.html . Here he calls upon Kurama's chakra - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-343-6/n...apter-338.html to form Shadow Clones for FRS - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-344-6/n...apter-339.html . Then forms them here again to counter Kakuzu's mid-ranged attacks - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-344-10/...apter-339.html .

He called upon it, to increase its strength as according to Yamato, he only managed or learned half of the technique - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-345-2/n...apter-340.html . FRS is most ranged and effective in SM. Get your head out of your ass and stop with the funny and kiddy name calling. It makes you look infinitely idiotic. If you want to correct someone, you can do so with links and arguments as well.

P.s: Oh yeah, his eyes are slits which means he only used a 'small portion' of Kurama's chakra? Nice hind-quarters pull.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Perhaps the 'stupid' joke is on you, as Naruto lacks chakra control BECAUSE of Kurama's chakra. He cannot summon without it. As far as FRS is concerned, then it possesses more range and better destructive power, not in Base Mode, but in SM.

The technique was incomplete at this point - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-343-5/n...apter-338.html . Here he calls upon Kurama's chakra - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-343-6/n...apter-338.html to form Shadow Clones for FRS - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-344-6/n...apter-339.html . Then forms them here again to counter Kakuzu's mid-ranged attacks - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-344-10/...apter-339.html .

He called upon it, to increase its strength as according to Yamato, he only managed or learned half of the technique - http://www.mangapanda.com/93-345-2/n...apter-340.html . FRS is most ranged and effective in SM. Get your head out of your ass and stop with the funny and kiddy name calling. It makes you look infinitely idiotic. If you want to correct someone, you can do so with links and arguments as well.

P.s: Oh yeah, his eyes are slits which means he only used a 'small portion' of Kurama's chakra? Nice hind-quarters pull.
    You didn't answer any thing. What is the logic behind him not being able to summon using his own chakra? When he was training with Jiraiya, before he even met with Kurama, he was able to summon small toads because he wasn't very skilled with chakra control at the time. So how can he not summon using his own chakra? As for FRS, like I said, he was exhausted at the time because he was training nonstop for a few days making thousands of clones and pouring chakra in each one to create FRS. Because of that, his own chakra was drained and that's why they needed Yamato to be there because if Naruto's OWN chakra goes too low he wouldn't be able to restrain Kurama and he'd try to take over Naruto like Oro took over Sasuke. I'm not sure why you went on about whether the tech was incomplete or that it's most ranged or whatever.

P.S: Yeah it was a small portion, if he used a decent amount he would've got the cloak or his whiskers and hair would change.

Status
    Sep 2012

^ Post a single image here where he is able to summon bigger toads - no one is counting tad-poles here and the lesser toads - without Kurama's chakra. He lacks control because of the opposing chakra, which is why he cannot summon it in Base mode. This is also the reason as to why he couldn't even break out of Itachi's 30 % clone's finger genjutsu. He lacks control.

Note the links that I posted, his technique was half learned and he could manage a very small spiral. He called upon Kurama's chakra to make the technique more potent as it only lasted a couple of seconds and the spiral was very very small. I added on this FRS incident to give weight to my argument in regards to this Chakra's potential and how it works independent of control or lack there of.

The cloak happens when the chakra begins to completely over whelm him. This incident was like that time with Neji.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

He didn't summon anyone after the timeskip so there isn't one. As I said, there is no logical reason that prevents him from summoning a large toad using his chakra now if he can use the jutsu, but you said "Naruto is incapable of Summoning without Kurama's chakra."

I'm not sure what you mean by opposing chakra and your still circling around to Kakuzu when I said he's been draining his chakra for days to master Futon, create a new jutsu, and use it multiple times so It's obvious he would be drained of his chakra and would tap into Kurama's chakra at the time, he never did it afterwards for FRS.

Itachi's genjutsu is irrelavent; Itachi is a genjutsu master; not many people can break his genjutsu. Naruto's chakra control now is top notch as stated in the manga (by Kurama).

Also, this incident wasn't like the time with Neji. Against Neji Kurama's chakra was clearly visible and surrounding him.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Even if that was true(it isnt) I don't see any correlation between Naruto using kurama's chakra and a time limit.
    Summoning teleports someone/something from one location to the other. I don't see how the type of chakra used should
    give it a "time limit".
    @ OP . It was probably because he was out of chakra and or had important shit to do Toads have a life too you know.

Status
    Sep 2012

@6ari8 He has summoned Toads, but only in Sage Mode. When he was out of Sage Chakra, he could have easily summoned a large toad to aid him against Pein. Why didn't he, when he was abusing Shadow Clones to such a large extent?

Actually, no. The clone Itachi used is solely dependent on the chakra consumed and its abilities also work in conjunction with it. It wasn't even Sharingan genjutsu, which shows Naruto's utterly poor control. His genjutsu was extremely weak.

Naruto has yet to perfect his Bond with Kurama. His control may have gotten better at Kurama's chakra, but there is nothing to suggest that he can accomplish so in base mode. This is clearly obvious from his perpetual lack of ability to form Rasangan or its variants with a single hand outside BM.

Even against Neji he was getting fatigued and unable to heal his knuckles. Here, the situation is the same.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

@6ari8 He has summoned Toads, but only in Sage Mode. When he was out of Sage Chakra, he could have easily summoned a large toad to aid him against Pein. Why didn't he, when he was abusing Shadow Clones to such a large extent?

Actually, no. The clone Itachi used is solely dependent on the chakra consumed and its abilities also work in conjunction with it. It wasn't even Sharingan genjutsu, which shows Naruto's utterly poor control. His genjutsu was extremely weak.

Naruto has yet to perfect his Bond with Kurama. His control may have gotten better at Kurama's chakra, but there is nothing to suggest that he can accomplish so in base mode. This is clearly obvious from his perpetual lack of ability to form Rasangan or its variants with a single hand outside BM.

Even against Neji he was getting fatigued and unable to heal his knuckles. Here, the situation is the same.
    Why didnt he summon toads against Sasuke?
    Why didnt Obito just kidnap Naruto when he was young?
    Why didnt Kakashi just use kamui on Kakuzu from the start?

To answer your question, perhaps the reason he didnt summon was because he didnt want anyone else to get hurt after seeing the Chief toad and even Hinata killed infront of him?