Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step into the mind of Logic.

(Spoiler)DragonBallz Battle of the Gods

Ok so I read the plot on wiki and from what I've gather they don't beat Bills the guy with Bills put him to sleep for 3 years after goku and crew fails to beat that doesn't sound like a epic ending I would hope for but it's wiki so who knows oh well just felt like sharing that.

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban Count 24. Estimated time
    Spent Banned: 7 Months

Re: (Spoiler)DragonBallz Battle of the Gods

yep the wiki is true, that is how battle of gods end.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's been rumored that there will be another season of DBZ dealing with the Gods. If that rumor is true, then I guess that ending makes sense.

Again, I don't how Battle of the Gods ended, as I've never watched the movie.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step into the mind of Logic.

Oh ok thats cool then.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Where can you find this movie?

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by madaraUchiha69 View Post
    Where can you find this movie?
    It's not out yet and DVD I think but we are going to have to hope we get some fansubs because Funimation has gone on record as saying that they have no plans currently to bring the movie stateside for at least 2 years. Which blows alot... But I think if the rumor's are true and Toriyama does start a new Arc with the Gods of destruction like it has been stated then Funimation will have to jump on it while the iron is hot. Because let's be honest the longer they take the more likely the casual fans will see it online and watch it free. Me personally I will do both I like the english dub which I think gets way too much hate. (I will say that I hate the new voice actor for Gohan though because it made Gohan sound whinier in Kai)

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

i don't think there will be a new season for Dragon Ball only a sequel for the movie

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    i don't think there will be a new season for Dragon Ball only a sequel for the movie
    I don't know we will see because the way the story was left I think it's going to take more than a couple of movies. And this sets up perfectly for a new series and it has been stated by several sources in Japan that there serious talks about anew series of dragonball. Only time will tell I guess...

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

its just a rumor created by the fans there is no actual statement that they will make a new series for the DB since the Movie don't really doing good in japanese box office, a movie will do just fine, it doesn't matter if it need more than 2 or 3 movies cause am pretty sure TOEI animation can afford that,and also they will gain more money with a movie than doing an anime

not to mention we will get a good animation with a movie adaption.....
    overall a movie sequel is more reasonable since Toriyama is in his 60's, so he can't afford to write a name in a week anymore.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

its just a rumor created by the fans there is no actual statement that they will make a new series for the DB since the Movie don't really doing good in japanese box office, a movie will do just fine, it doesn't matter if it need more than 2 or 3 movies cause am pretty sure TOEI animation can afford that,and also they will gain more money with a movie than doing an anime

not to mention we will get a good animation with a movie adaption.....
    overall a movie sequel is more reasonable since Toriyama is in his 60's, so he can't afford to write a name in a week anymore.
    He wouldn't be the one writing the manga he would be like the director you know he has that Ooishi Naho guy writing the manga for the film and Dragonball SD. And by the way the movie made over $29 million I would say that is pretty good for an anime movie....

I will agree with you on the point about animation but on the same point about his age for what he wants to do with the Gods it would take about 7 movies and with the time it took to make this one he will be like 85 before it's done...

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

am not talking about him writing the manga surely he can't do that anymore, but the scenario itself, i don't think he can do that weekly,
    the movie make over $29 million but since DB is WSJ you have to compare it with Naruto Movie road to ninja and One Piece Movie Z that premiere before battle of gods, am not surprise when it don't get as much as one piece movie but losing to naruto fanservice movie is beyond me.....

i don't think it will take 7 movies to wrap it up, i think its somewhere around 3 or 4, i mean Goku don't have to fight all the gods they can make it a royal rumble battle and makes thing more interestiung or maybe some gods is on Goku side..

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

am not talking about him writing the manga surely he can't do that anymore, but the scenario itself, i don't think he can do that weekly,
    the movie make over $29 million but since DB is WSJ you have to compare it with Naruto Movie road to ninja and One Piece Movie Z that premiere before battle of gods, am not surprise when it don't get as much as one piece movie but losing to naruto fanservice movie is beyond me.....

i don't think it will take 7 movies to wrap it up, i think its somewhere around 3 or 4, i mean Goku don't have to fight all the gods they can make it a royal rumble battle and makes thing more interestiung or maybe some gods is on Goku side..
    You do realize he couldn't even beat one of them right.. It is gonna take a while for it.

Also what are you talking about the movie blew Naruto away at the Box office Road to Ninja made $17 million.
    Only one of the one Piece movies made more and that was strong world.

Pretty damn good for a series that has been out of serialization for almost 2 decades.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ3Gotenks View Post
    You do realize he couldn't even beat one of them right.. It is gonna take a while for it.
    well we are talking about Goku you know, he will beat them with some plot twist in the end just like how he defeat kid buu, its not necessary for Goku to be stronger than the Gods

Also what are you talking about the movie blew Naruto away at the Box office Road to Ninja made $17 million.
    Only one of the one Piece movies made more and that was strong world.
    am talking about the opening sales for road to ninja, and as for one piece movie not only strong world that beat Dragon ball battle of gods, One Piece: Film Z grossed a total of 6.85 billion yen (around $72.7 million USD)

Pretty damn good for a series that has been out of serialization for almost 2 decades.
    nah Dragon Ball has been appearing constantly in a special edition at jump after the manga ended and also People in Japan never forget about dragon ball since even now they still produce merchandise for the series the same goes with the tankobon/anime DVD and don't forget Kai,

so its not like dragon ball completely disappear from the manga world, and don't make mention the crazy promotion for the movie

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

well we are talking about Goku you know, he will beat them with some plot twist in the end just like how he defeat kid buu, its not necessary for Goku to be stronger than the Gods

am talking about the opening sales for road to ninja, and as for one piece movie not only strong world that beat Dragon ball battle of gods, One Piece: Film Z grossed a total of 6.85 billion yen (around $72.7 million USD)

nah Dragon Ball has been appearing constantly in a special edition at jump after the manga ended and also People in Japan never forget about dragon ball since even now they still produce merchandise for the series the same goes with the tankobon/anime DVD and don't forget Kai,

so its not like dragon ball completely disappear from the manga world, and don't make mention the crazy promotion for the movie
    I couldn't find the results for the new One piece film but knew it was ridiculously high. But again Naruto didn't beat DBZ it wasn't even close. Using just opening sales is retarded, it would be like saying that game A was released on the last day of the month sold 100k copies for the month and then went on to sell a total of 5 million. While game B released on the 10th day of the month sold 600k copies for the same month but only went to sell 700k copies total did better than game A.. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it..
    And no a manga is in serialization only if new chapters are being made. SJ will always throw in Dragonball because it was one of their best selling series. The tankabon is just more rereleases. All anime/manga series have merchandise after their end, granted not all are as popular as Dragonball is/was. By the way Kai got cancelled before they could finish. They are going to fiish the Buu saga but it will not air in Japan because of low ratings.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.

nah , i think is official that there will be another season of DBZ but who knows ...anyways i did heard they lost which is cool .....they finally lost for once / cant wait to see this movie

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

I couldn't find the results for the new One piece film but knew it was ridiculously high. But again Naruto didn't beat DBZ it wasn't even close. Using just opening sales is retarded, it would be like saying that game A was released on the last day of the month sold 100k copies for the month and then went on to sell a total of 5 million. While game B released on the 10th day of the month sold 600k copies for the same month but only went to sell 700k copies total did better than game A.. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it..
    And no a manga is in serialization only if new chapters are being made. SJ will always throw in Dragonball because it was one of their best selling series. The tankabon is just more rereleases. All anime/manga series have merchandise after their end, granted not all are as popular as Dragonball is/was. By the way Kai got cancelled before they could finish. They are going to fiish the Buu saga but it will not air in Japan because of low ratings.
    Opening sales is important to determined the viewers enthusiasm, battle of gods did sold more in the end but that's that,
    am not blatantly claim that Road to ninja beat battle of gods, since even now DB is more famous than Naruito in japan, its common sense really, you don't have to use that logic because its obvious

as for One Piece Film Z is out of question since that movie definitely sold more than battle of gods by miles, cause as of now One Piece popularity is beyond any manga that ever exist and also i already post the sales up there, don't tell you think its fake...

never said DB got new serialization SMH, am telling you that DB is still popular in japan, while make it looks like that they have disappeared and come back to shock the world,
    i do know that its re-release of the tankobon, what makes you think am talking about a new one ? well there is a new one like Bardock one shot/DVD Et cetera,

It doesn't matter if Kai got cancelled, the point is DB have tried to make a new series and that's how it end, surely making a new series right is risky, that's why a movie type sequel is better for battle of gods than anime series who will surely consume more money with doubtful prospect...

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Opening sales is important to determined the viewers enthusiasm, battle of gods did sold more in the end but that's that,
    am not blatantly claim that Road to ninja beat battle of gods, since even now DB is more famous than Naruito in japan, its common sense really, you don't have to use that logic because its obvious

as for One Piece Film Z is out of question since that movie definitely sold more than battle of gods by miles, cause as of now One Piece popularity is beyond any manga that ever exist and also i already post the sales up there, don't tell you think its fake...

never said DB got new serialization SMH, am telling you that DB is still popular in japan, while make it looks like that they have disappeared and come back to shock the world,
    i do know that its re-release of the tankobon, what makes you think am talking about a new one ? well there is a new one like Bardock one shot/DVD Et cetera,

It doesn't matter if Kai got cancelled, the point is DB have tried to make a new series and that's how it end, surely making a new series right is risky, that's why a movie type sequel is better for battle of gods than anime series who will surely consume more money with doubtful prospect...
    Kai wasn't a new series it was the same they were just editing out all of the fillers and repackaging it as Kai.. I never said anything about not believing the new One Piece movie made that much I just said I couldn't find it but I knew it was alot. THe whole Bardock thing wasnt done by Toriyama by the way it was that Ooishi Naho.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem?

All that hype about SSJG and Goku doesn't defeat Bills? That sucks, he should've went SSJ4. lol

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Kai wasn't a new series it was the same they were just editing out all of the fillers and repackaging it as Kai.. I never said anything about not believing the new One Piece movie made that much I just said I couldn't find it but I knew it was alot. THe whole Bardock thing wasnt done by Toriyama by the way it was that Ooishi Naho.
    you do know that the animation is completely remastered yes ? meaning that its pretty much a new series a re-run for DB series, you don't think they just use the old anime and improve the animation right ? the made it from scratch like other anime but they were using the same script and surely Kai spend more money than its predecessors,

the whole Bardock stuff is wrote by Toriyama, it doesn't really matter if he was not the artist, its still his series and considered Canon and prequel for the franchise.