Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Naruto never sensed Minato

    This is a simple theory on the sudden buzz on the forums. Basically, Naruto never actually sensed Minato. Why do I utter such things? Easy:

    1. Naruto is not even at his basic SM. We know that's the lowest form in which he can sense things.

    2. Naruto in base form, can't sense. He has no sensing capabilities that we've seen.

    Another argument someone could say is, Kurama sensed him. No, that's not the case. Though we've seen Kurama throughout the series say things about certain peoples chakra, he's never actually sensed them coming, or going. Going to list some interactions I remember.

    1. Sasuke in Naruto's subconscious. Sasuke was holding Kurama, which is likely why Kurama could feel Sasuke's chakra nature. He could sense the evil, as he himself is a mass of evil.

    2. He also compared Sasuke's evil nature to Madara's, as he was once controlled by Madara, and they obviously shared chakra(at least Madara fed him chakra to keep him under control).

    3. When Kurama was about to break loose in the Pain Arc, Minato intervened and helped his son. Kurama remember Minato's chakra, as Minato had used sever jutsu on Kurama. It's like getting a taste of a lollipop then smelling that flavor again.

    There might be a few more instances, if so post below.

    Basically, there's no valid manga proof that would prove Naruto sense Minato, or anyone else coming near him. I think when Minato showed up and asked that question, Naruto was simply answering generally(scan below):


    Notice he says, "You were right on time, Dad!!" You can see the surprise in the text via the two !'s. Surely it's understood that this is speculation, but it holds more manga fact than simply saying; Naruto sensed him, with a baseless argument.

    :scorps:
     
         

  2. #2
    ★ うちはイタチ ★ King Of Crows's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Crows is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,366
    Location
    England
    The Black Crow Beckons
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Yes because nonchalantly greeting your undead father is a normal thing
     
         

  3. #3
    Member smokesup's Avatar
    Status
    smokesup is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    167
    Location
    State of Denial
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Maybe it's cuz I'm high but I am laughing my ass off at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by XxItachi x View Post
    Yes because nonchalantly greeting your undead father is a normal thing
     
         

  4. #4
    %%%The Dark Wizard%%% Avinash012's Avatar
    Status
    Avinash012 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,007
    Location
    India
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    i totally agree with u,but many ppl are sayng that he would have senced him when he is in bm,,,,,,
     
         

  5. #5
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by XxItachi x View Post
    Yes because nonchalantly greeting your undead father is a normal thing
    It's not like it's their first meeting. Plus he kinda slid in after a big ass TBB was evaporated. Who else could ever do such a thing. Then there's the fact that the kunai landed before he even did. If he came out of no where and the tbb still hit, then he might have been surprised, but no. I assure you Naruto will be surprised after next weeks manga.
     
         

  6. #6
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,375
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Thinking
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Look at page 15 see Naruto's reaction, it's their. You keep underestimating Naruto You will keep losing.
     
         

  7. #7
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Look at page 15 see Naruto's reaction, it's their. You keep underestimating Naruto You will keep losing.
    You mean his reaction to almost being decimated by a giant TBB? Right... Where does that show he's excited to see his dad, or even acknowledges his dad on the way?

     
         

  8. #8
    Panda The Western Wheel's Avatar
    Status
    The Western Wheel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,417
    Location
    NL
    Hungry for Bamboo
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    He sensed the entire war when in KM...

    He's just better at sensing natural energy in SM...
     
         

  9. #9
    Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    Prime Rib is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,908
    Location
    USA
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    naruto can sense chakra cloak in tailed beast mode or not
     
         

  10. #10
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by The Western Wheel View Post
    He sensed the entire war when in KM...

    He's just better at sensing natural energy in SM...
    He's in neither form.

    Next...
     
         

  11. #11
    Konohas Flasher Narutohokage7's Avatar
    Status
    Narutohokage7 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,784
    Location
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by XxItachi x View Post
    Yes because nonchalantly greeting your undead father is a normal thing
    I talk to dead people all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Western Wheel View Post
    He sensed the entire war when in KM...

    He's just better at sensing natural energy in SM...
    Wrong, he sensed the war happening and all his nakama fighting in SM. Naruto twigged onto the fact true enough that there was something major happening due to training with Kyuubi chakra but that was because the Kin and Gin bros were using it too. I suppose you could mean he sensed where to go and help in KM since he could sense evil intent though.
     
         
    Last edited by Narutohokage7; 05-16-2013 at 08:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Member JustSomeRandomGuy's Avatar
    Status
    JustSomeRandomGuy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Oxford, MS
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    You're just mad that Naruto turned into a BAMF.

    /thread
     
         

  13. #13
    KNFL -Omegā-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Omegā- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,642
    Location
    Anywhere the road takes me
    Korra and Omega "On the
    Run" 2014-2015
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Naruto fans cant wait for manga facts
     
         

  14. #14
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    naruto can sense chakra cloak in tailed beast mode or not
    Naruto has no regular sensing abilities. At least that we've been told of.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeRandomGuy View Post
    You're just mad that Naruto turned into a BAMF.

    /thread
    I actually think naruto is one bad ass character. Top 3 in my book. You should be feeling stupid right about... Now.
     
         

  15. #15
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,375
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Thinking
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Inanimated View Post
    You mean his reaction to almost being decimated by a giant TBB? Right... Where does that show he's excited to see his dad, or even acknowledges his dad on the way?

    No You forget Naruto as undergone two major changes,In Sage Mode He can sense Chakra in BM He can sense evil intent this modes have enhance Naruto regular senses the same way a blind man enhances His hearing,smell,and touch over time. What Kurama senses like His other chakra,Naruto knows from Kurama.
     
         

  16. #16
    IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    DeadManWonderLand is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,359
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Just because the chakra is being regenerated doesn't mean the sensing abilities that came with are gone until the chakra comes back it is an ability he gained once he was filled with yang energy.Anything With life force will react and be sensed by naruto.

    It has nothing to do with sage mode.Naruo could only sense nagato once he was impaled with the rods.
    He could not sense people until he gained the yang chakra from kurama.

    You offered nothing that can say otherwise
     
         

  17. #17
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    No You forget Naruto as undergone two major changes,In Sage Mode He can sense Chakra in BM He can sense evil intent this modes have enhance Naruto regular senses the same way a blind man enhances His hearing,smell,and touch over time. What Kurama senses like His other chakra,Naruto knows from Kurama.
    Apparently you haven't read my OP. Go re-read it. I will, however, address your early statement in saying Naruto's normal sensing abilities were boosted. When, where and how? Such a thing has never been proven and you're pulling that out of no where.
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member 6thpathsage's Avatar
    Status
    6thpathsage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,180
    Bleach progress - Xcution arc
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    Just because the chakra is being regenerated doesn't mean the sensing abilities that came with are gone until the chakra comes back it is an ability he gained once he was filled with yang energy.Anything With life force will react and be sensed by naruto.

    It has nothing to do with sage mode.Naruo could only sense nagato once he was impaled with the rods.
    He could not sense people until he gained the yang chakra from kurama.

    You offered nothing that can say otherwise

    Look at him sensing without kurama's power:


     
         

  19. #19
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    Just because the chakra is being regenerated doesn't mean the sensing abilities that came with are gone until the chakra comes back it is an ability he gained once he was filled with yang energy.Anything With life force will react and be sensed by naruto.

    It has nothing to do with sage mode.Naruo could only sense nagato once he was impaled with the rods.
    He could not sense people until he gained the yang chakra from kurama.

    You offered nothing that can say otherwise
    The top bit is you attempting to add logic to your speculation. No true manga facts.

    Second bit. Naruto could sense where Nagato was, due to the fact that the rods transmitted chakra. No other reason. He was not in Sage mode anymore. Even while in, he could sense that Nagato was at a far distance, but could not pinpoint an exact location.

    Use manga facts to back up your speculation.
     
         

  20. #20
    NaN FreakensteinAG's Avatar
    Status
    FreakensteinAG is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,886
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    NaN
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Okay, I'm gonna post an alternative that no one else here has thought of, because I can already tell the OP is getting tired of...whatever this banter is.

    Before the Jubi fired off his missile, and before the Jubi started Tenpenchi, Madara sensed Hashirama's chakra. Possibly from his venting on Tobirama's rouse. While this was going on, Naruto was in full BM, albeit still combating the Jubi and defending the Shinobi Alliance. Madara is no sensor and he still was able to pick up Hashirama's chakra levels, even though the group was so far away. Naruto, being a sensor, should have been able to sense both this and Minato's chakra beforehand, hell, even while they were brought to the Leaf village. The confusion around this is that there was a slight time reversal in order to relay the events that transpired while Hashirama was talking.
     
         

  21. #21
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by FreakensteinAG View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna post an alternative that no one else here has thought of, because I can already tell the OP is getting tired of...whatever this banter is.

    Before the Jubi fired off his missile, and before the Jubi started Tenpenchi, Madara sensed Hashirama's chakra. Possibly from his venting on Tobirama's rouse. While this was going on, Naruto was in full BM, albeit still combating the Jubi and defending the Shinobi Alliance. Madara is no sensor and he still was able to pick up Hashirama's chakra levels, even though the group was so far away. Naruto, being a sensor, should have been able to sense both this and Minato's chakra beforehand, hell, even while they were brought to the Leaf village. The confusion around this is that there was a slight time reversal in order to relay the events that transpired while Hashirama was talking.
    While being a sensor, he was standing near the Juubi, and Madara Uchiha. Two beings with the largest chakra levels ever. It's like trying to weed out a dandelion in a field of corn(Over exaggerated but you get the point). No use trying to do such a thing. Naruto is not a sensor, but a conditioned sensor. He becomes a sensor when entering SM+. Simple concept.
     
         

  22. #22
    IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    DeadManWonderLand is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,359
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by Inanimated View Post
    The top bit is you attempting to add logic to your speculation. No true manga facts.

    Second bit. Naruto could sense where Nagato was, due to the fact that the rods transmitted chakra. No other reason. He was not in Sage mode anymore. Even while in, he could sense that Nagato was at a far distance, but could not pinpoint an exact location.

    Use manga facts to back up your speculation.
    You could benefit from your own advice.
    Tell me where it states he can't sense anything but negative emotions.
    .............You will find no manga facts that state he can't so using that argument against me is faulty and moot.
    /thread
     
         

  23. #23
    Member ninthgate's Avatar
    Status
    ninthgate is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    334
    Location
    New Zealand
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Yeah...no.
    Naruto knew he would come. It's obvious as hell. Look at his face, you can see he's alert to the fact that Minato has arrived, but he's not like "WHAT!!?? DAD????"
     
         

  24. #24
    The Legend of NB Inanimated's Avatar
    Status
    Inanimated is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,355
    Location
    The legend returns
    I have ascended!
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    You could benefit from your own advice.
    Tell me where it states he can't sense anything but negative emotions.
    .............You will find no manga facts that state he can't so using that argument against me is faulty and moot.
    /thread
    Where the hell did I say that? I don't recall saying that so...? I don't get your point.

    Thread/

    :scorps:
     
         

  25. #25
    Senior Member Anorien16's Avatar
    Status
    Anorien16 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,142
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto never sensed Minato

    Naruto's battle and Sasuke's discussion was a simultaneous event..... so the point when Minato was revived might have been the moment when Naruto was in KM or BM or SM . . . . . So its impossible to be certain of anything as of yet.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •