Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

Will there be more to Nami?

I mean she is definitely not a normal human (and by that I mean normal by OP standards). Shes so far the only one wo can sense the weather to such extent, thats not somethng you can just do ... not even with extreme observation Haki. Not to mention that weather in OP bears some significance, as it does to the whole concept of sailing and coquering a sea, theres also the fact that Dragon used the weather to save luffy (altough we cant tell how) and one of the defining attributes of teh Grand Line is specifically its weather.

As we all know she was adopted so we have no idea about her origins nor her last name. She also has an admirable will, that was shown when she sacrificed herself and served Arlong (there were other times too ...). Many ppl automatically classify her as ''weak'' but she isnt really ... though she could be a lot stronger if she just built up some more speed and evasive abilities ... but strengths not the point here. She was also the second strawhat in what is todays OP manga storyline (if im not mistaken) and is based on two previous Odas characters (Ann and Silk) ... shes the one who appeared right there next to luffy and Shanks rigt at the start so that might imply Oda has something special planned for her. She also resembles Portgas D Rouge quite strongly.

Well just some points, there are more but I just cant think of them, nor do I have the time right now, bussy day tomorrow. I brought this up because I think that ppl talk about her way too little (and shes not the only character who gets underestimated. Dont get me wrong, ppl like her, but they jst dont give her ... for lack of a better phrase ... enough credit)

Now for the end im gonna throw two crazy thoughts of mine ot there (dont worry I realize they are crazy, but I cant deny that I do think they are indeed possible)
    The first one is slightly less crazy (ive seen quite a few ppl mentioning it before) - I think there is a possibility that Nami is a D
    The second one is a LOT more bonkers - think that there is a possibility that Nami might have the Conqs Haki (before you flame ... its not related to actual strength)

and yes I do like Nami shes my 2nd fav SH right there under Luffy and above Sanji, Usopp and Zoro (lol that sounded weird)

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling kinda sleepy...

Re: Will there be more to Nami?

the last part, very wrong... but yeah... she might be a D. She's a lot like luffy (in the sense of having a strong will for her dream and helping others for her sake)

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

She's definitely weak compared to prominent characters in One Piece. There's no doubt about that.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Here are my thoughts.

1. She may actually have a natural Observation Haki and not even know it.

2. I'd prefer this, but possibly she is just that naturally talented. I knoe it doesn't sound as ,exciting, but I think its the modt badass of the options or possible events. I mean the minute she has Haki, is a D., is Uranus (saw it in someone's theory), or some other special case.....that's the minute Nami's ability has simply been just an ability instead of just this incredible natural talent.

The minute she has Observation Haki....the minute I wonder if anyone with high observation can do this.

The minute she's a D., I think Luffy? Roger? Teach?

The minute she's Uranus I'll cry (lol) because not only does it turn out the Ancient Weapons aren't even weapons, but Robin is gonna look REALLY dumb for not noticing it.

Instead, why not have it just be this bizarre natural talent that she just has ^.^. Anyways, as to "More to Nami", I think we will have some moments or scenes that are deffinatly more to Nami. For example....I could see her whipping up a largescale storm (given time) that will either result in a massive island sized storm, or even natural disastors lie a tornado or hurricane!

I'm sure we may even learn some more history....imagine if she bumps into another pirate she stole from....especislly if she managed to successfully steal from a notable pirate!