Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
    IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Minato did not seal the chakra inside himself

This discussion will drag on until it is properly explained or forever (I hope not) if kishi decides to just sweep this under the rug.Now Before i get started on minato let me just refresh everyone's memory on what the rds does.

It lets the castor seal himself and the target into the death god.

Hiruzen (The castor)sealed himself and oro's chakra(Because he failed to retrieve his soul),The first and the second(The targets) into the RDS.

When the RDS was unsealed oro's chakra returned to him and the souls of the kages were released.

Now minato (the castor) sealed himself and kurama's chakra (the target)(because he failed to retrieve the soul)
    into the rds.When the rds was unsealed the chakra was inside mianto.

How ? Well a logical conclusion is to say he sealed inside himself.Well go back and read the chapter.

Note how he says he will seal the chakra along with himself NOT i will seal the chakra inside MYSELF.

Now this has made some believe the rds seals the target in the castor and then into the rds.
    Now lets pretend they somehow loss the ability to read and have completely forgotten that hiruzen used this very same kinjustu.If the castor seals the target inside himself and then in return gets sealed in the rds then the only person that gets released from the rds is the castor as he was the one sealed inside the rds and the target would still be inside the castor.

So why is it that when hiruzen came out that the others came out along with him ?
    Ill tell you why because the rds does not seal the target into the castor it seal the target and castor into the rds.
    This is why oro's chakra returned to him because it was a target that was sealed into the rds not the castor.
    Same with the other targets(the first and second) they were released from the rds not the castor (in this case hiruzen)

Kishi better have a good explanation as to why the chakra was inside minato or admit to creating a very disastrous plot hole

Kishi could very well use a flash back as a means to include (More like shorhorn) in a scene that was not present in the original chapter to explain how he sealed the remaining chakra inside himself.

Althoug that would be a very novice move of him to straighten out the plot.

Last edited by DeadManWonderLand; 05-22-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Minato did not seal the chakra inside himself

Status
    ~

stopped caring, just go along with the flow

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    This discussion will drag on until it is properly explained or forever (I hope not) if kishi decides to just sweep this under the rug.Now Before i get started on minato let me just refresh everyone's memory on what the rds does.

It lets the castor seal himself and the target into the death god.

Hiruzen (The castor)sealed himself and oro's chakra(Because he failed to retrieve his soul),The first and the second(The targets) into the RDS.

When the RDS was unsealed oro's chakra returned to him and the souls of the kages were released.

Now minato (the castor) sealed himself and kurama's chakra (the target)(because he failed to retrieve the soul)
    into the rds.When the rds was unsealed the chakra was inside mianto.

How ? Well a logical conclusion is to say he sealed inside himself.Well go back and read the chapter.

Note how he says he will seal the chakra along with himself NOT i will seal the chakra inside MYSELF.

Now this has made some believe the rds seals the target in the castor and then into the rds.
    Now lets pretend they somehow loss the ability to read and have completely forgotten that hiruzen used this very same kinjustu.If the castor seals the target inside himself and then in return gets sealed in the rds then the only person that gets released from the rds is the castor as he was the one sealed inside the rds and the target would still be inside the castor.

So why is it that when hiruzen came out that the others came out along with him ?
    Ill tell you why because the rds does not seal the target into the castor it seal the target and castor into the rds.
    This is why oro's chakra returned to him because it was a target that was sealed into the rds not the castor.
    Same with the other targets(the first and second) they were released from the rds not the castor (in this case hiruzen)

Kishi better have a good explanation as to why the chakra was inside minato or admit to be creating a very disastrous plot hole

if u recall he sealed the yang chakraa inside himself first thus him saying "this really is a heavy chakra"...he then proceeded to seal himself along with the kyuubi chakra inside him into the dead demoon seal...so in actuality ya wrong homie go back n reread it. trust me

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by End of Days View Post
    stopped caring, just go along with the flow
    couldn't agree more!

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

You do realize that is only a recap of what we saw in detail not an explanation as to how it happened.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

I agree that seal requires yang chakra minato has as much yang chakra as kyuubi chakra mode
    Minato only sealed the yang into naruto

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by ero sannin View Post
    if u recall he sealed the yang chakraa inside himself first thus him saying "this really is a heavy chakra"...he then proceeded to seal himself along with the kyuubi chakra inside him into the dead demoon seal...so in actuality ya wrong homie go back n reread it. trust me
    No.
    That line was uttered on the very next page after the one i have on this thread.
    Hiruzen comments on the presence and feel of chakra when he used the rds as well its like a game of tug and war to extract the soul.
    This is why he said he won't be able to take all of it in.
    Remember the point is to figure out how he did it not to offer up a line as possible proof that he has.
    We already know he has it in him the point of this thread is to point out that it makes no sense that he does.

Last edited by DeadManWonderLand; 05-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

or maybe there is more to the rds then you realize seeing how not too long ago it was believed rds was a permanent seal yet that gets proven wrong with the revival of orochimaru also chakra is different to a soul so who knows

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama2012 View Post
    or maybe there is more to the rds then you realize seeing how not too long ago it was believed rds was a permanent seal yet that gets proven wrong with the revival of orochimaru also chakra is different to a soul so who knows
    That is why i said at the very end i hope kishi has a good explanation.
    The point of this thread is to address the fact that there is no explanation as to why he has the form right now.

And to be frank a couple of people and myself have made countless threads on the fact the rds would come back into play.

For many reasons;Sasuke wanted to know what a village and a shinobi were and if oro was to take sasuke body like he said he would he would need all his strength back. So where was oro's chakra ? The rds. Where could one find the shinobi that could answer such questions sasuk has ? The rds.

Status
    Apr 2013
    This user has no status.

I always thought this too, I was expecting Kurama's chakra to return to Naruto immediately after the dead seal was broken. The only proof that Kurama's chakra was sealed inside Minato is Ch. 504 P. 10, the top left panel makes it look like Kurama and Minato's souls are intertwined. For all we know Kurama's chakra wasn't sealed inside Minato at that time, but he sealed it within himself while they were inside the Shinobi. Too much is left for speculation.

d-_-b <-- Music is life FleeOnSight's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    If it makes you nervous you're
    doing it right..

Don't care. Minato kcm swag dance on all Uchiha. Solo god

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    I always thought this too, I was expecting Kurama's chakra to return to Naruto immediately after the dead seal was broken. The only proof that Kurama's chakra was sealed inside Minato is Ch. 504 P. 10, the top left panel makes it look like Kurama and Minato's souls are intertwined. For all we know Kurama's chakra wasn't sealed inside Minato at that time, but he sealed it within himself while they were inside the Shinobi. Too much is left for speculation.
    I know what panel your talking about too.

That is the transition of the souls being devoured by the death god.
    It had nothing to do with minato sealing the chakra inside himself.

That is not minato's body that is the catalyst in which the souls are devoured in before they settle in the stomach

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    0834-1917-9840

I think its because Kurama's Yin Chakra is just that: Chakra, its not a real soul like Oro's arms or the Hokages that is why Minato was able to assimilate it inside his own soul

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

The sealing jutsu Minato used is what ended up making Naruto a Jinchuriki, so Minato was for that brief moment a Jinchuriki carrying the Ying chakra of the nine tails but since the castor of that jutsu would be seal within the belly of the death god, he became the jinchuriki of the nine tails ying chakra before he was sealed.
    Also i think sealing Tailed beast chakra is quite a different phenomena from sealing souls. Let's not also forget that Kakashi said that there is more to Shiki Fuujin jutsu than they knew of. since the jutsu belonged to the fourth hokage, he probably knows more about it than anyone.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

The sealing jutsu Minato used is what ended up making Naruto a Jinchuriki, so Minato was for that brief moment a Jinchuriki carrying the Ying chakra of the nine tails but since the castor of that jutsu would be seal within the belly of the death god, he became the jinchuriki of the nine tails ying chakra before he was sealed.
    Also i think sealing Tailed beast chakra is quite a different phenomena from sealing souls. Let's not also forget that Kakashi said that there is more to Shiki Fuujin jutsu than they knew of. since the jutsu belonged to the fourth hokage, he probably knows more about it than anyone.

Status
    May 2012
    Hi! My name is...

How do you explain Minato having KCM if it isn't sealed inside of him......... wtf

Status
    Dec 2012
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru

This is actually something I have thought about for a while, and so far this is the best explanation I can give to you. Here are the ways to escape the dilemma you have proposed.

This one is a bit more simpler, but the RDS can either seal the arms inside of itself or inside of the person. Since hiruzen was about to die he decided to seal Orochimarus arms along with the kages inside of the RDS and not himself because when he died the seal would be broken. To simplify it, with the RDS you can either seal the persons soul within yourself or within the RDS itself

When you think about it this actually makes sense because Hiruzen had just gotten stabbed, if he had sealed Oro and the kage inside of his own body, then as soon as he died they would have been unsealed. Which would have been stupid and a waste of his sacrifice. So he sealed them inside the belly of the RDS which he went to after dying as well. Mnato on the other hand sealed the 9 tails inside of himself rather than the RDS's belly.

Hopefully that explains it a little

Status
    Jul 2012
    Studying for Finals...

This scan disagrees with you

Notice how Kurma's Chakara is on the soul of Minato. If it had been sealed inside of the Death God, then all the Death God would have to do is take Minato's soul and be done with the jutsu. But Minato apparently forced the Kyuubi Chakara into his body first, not into the Death God's stomach.

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    This is actually something I have thought about for a while, and so far this is the best explanation I can give to you. Here are the ways to escape the dilemma you have proposed.

This one is a bit more simpler, but the RDS can either seal the arms inside of itself or inside of the person. Since hiruzen was about to die he decided to seal Orochimarus arms along with the kages inside of the RDS and not himself because when he died the seal would be broken. To simplify it, with the RDS you can either seal the persons soul within yourself or within the RDS itself

When you think about it this actually makes sense because Hiruzen had just gotten stabbed, if he had sealed Oro and the kage inside of his own body, then as soon as he died they would have been unsealed. Which would have been stupid and a waste of his sacrifice. So he sealed them inside the belly of the RDS which he went to after dying as well. Mnato on the other hand sealed the 9 tails inside of himself rather than the RDS's belly.

Hopefully that explains it a little
    that actually does make sense.
    My only problem is that kishi should actually takes the time to explain this since the chapter gives no indication that this is what is being done.If all he offers up as a reasoning is that minato knows things others don't it would be a very lame cop out.

On the other hand your proposal has its complications as well.

"When you think about it this actually makes sense because Hiruzen had just gotten stabbed, if he had sealed Oro and the kage inside of his own body, then as soon as he died they would have been unsealed. "

What is the point of the death god if you have the option of sealing the target in yourself ?
    and if you seal the target within yourself and die that means the target also dies,this is what happens with the jinchuriki and its tailed beast.

How would you expect oro to live ?

To assume what you said is true you would also have to assume that oro's soul would safely return to his body because wh

And is that is the case why would he live when the tailed beast would die when inside their host ?

Last edited by DeadManWonderLand; 05-23-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»