Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

Naruto promise keep to Sakura?

Ask Your self by Sasuke coming to help out and saying He will be Hokage which implies He returns to the Village dose that free Naruto from His promise to bring Sasuke back to Sakura? What do you think?

Orochimaru's Reincarnation Deadai's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Hobby's: Grave Robbing.

Re: Naruto promise keep to Sakura?

Well looks like Naruto was able to keep his promise in a way right...?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.

lol ...No , naruto failed to keep his promise , sauske came on his own , besides he was free from sakura's crap back in the kages arc

Banned
    Status
    This user has no status.

It's kinda pathetic that Naruto had NOOOOTHING to do with Sauske's return, it was all Itachi & Hashirama

Status
    Dec 2012
    naruto/one piece both are my
    favorite

Naruto keep his promise

Status
    May 2013
    I WAS TRIPPING ON THIZZ

That promise you're talking about, Naruto willingly let it go years ago. He told Sakura at the Land of Iron that he's not doing it for her anymore. He acknowledged Sasuke as his brother and wanted him back, not for Sakura. Think about it Brother > Your crush. If not, you need to re-evaluate your morals.

Status
    Aug 2011
    meh

Useless character putting Big walls infront of the main character's success , one of million reasons that why she should be burned.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

The result is He is their and tacking about being Hokage and not destroying the village,and giving Sakura a second chance at getting Sasuke that She would have not had.

Status
    Feb 2013
    This user has no status.

In the end it seems he doesn't have nothing to do with it...Well he kind of doesn't. Itachi is the most responsible. But Naruto and Sakura showing Sasuke they still care,well I love to think it helped a little. Even though he never showed any care for them after leaving the village.

Status
    Apr 2013
    I'm the Apex Predator

He can finally hook up with Karin

Status
    Aug 2012
    What are you reading there?

Because that's my ninja way!

Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash

If Naruto had any thing to with Sasuke changing sure, since he didn't no. I don't even they'll bring that up

Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

Well Naruto doesn't need to chase Sasuke anymore to bring Him back now dose He? He can now fell relieved of His promise and move on.

Status
    May 2013
    TO LIVE LIFE PEACEFULLY IS
    ITSELF IS A JOKE….

Naruto keep his promise. At last Sasuke return. no matter how???

Status
    May 2013
    "To be Hokage, that is my
    dream!"

Well, it would all have been sasuke.

Status
    May 2013
    "To be Hokage, that is my
    dream!"

Well she actually did tell him to stop.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSamaKama View Post
    Well she actually did tell him to stop.
    A fake stop She meant to kill Sasuke but failed and Trusted Sasuke and Naruto to come up with the solution.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Logic? In NB? Aint nobody got
    time fo' dat!

On one hand, he may think of it now as a promise that's been fulfilled and thus can now chase Sakura romantically and actually confess. On the other hand, he may see this as a promise he did not fulfill himself and feel even worse about it. This may actually affect his desires to become Hokage as well.

Status
    Jan 2013
    "Let he that would move
    the world first move
    himself."
    Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Ask Your self by Sasuke coming to help out and saying He will be Hokage which implies He returns to the Village dose that free Naruto from His promise to bring Sasuke back to Sakura? What do you think?
    That's a good question. Either way, if Sasuke follows through with his current path as declared in the recent chapter, then it is certain that the promise Naruto made to Sakura in part one is no longer applicable.

Some would argue that the promise was made null and void when Sakura was playing with Naruto's heartstrings and told him to stop pursuing Sasuke in the land of iron (first panel of page 12, chapter 469) and then set off to kill Sasuke herself.
    However, it can also be argued that she was bullsh*ting Naruto in telling him that since she still couldn't bring herself to kill Sasuke. This evidence suggests that she may have still wanted Sasuke back, but whether she was still counting on Naruto to provide her this dream is up to dispute and mere speculation.

Lastly, Naruto didn't contribute directly to leading Sasuke back to Konoha. If anyone directly convinced him at all, it would be Hashirama and the other hokages during their little story time. Indirectly, Itachi probably contributed the most to leading Sasuke along the path of returning to the village. Itachi set many things in motion from a distance and did his best to ensure that his younger brother traveled a noble path. Also indirectly, Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, and any other characters that Sasuke may have had residual bonds with over the years may have influenced the redirection of his resolve, albeit this influence was probably minimal at best.

In summary:
    Naruto is indeed free of his promise, whether it was still in effect at this point or not. Most likely, he will be so excited to have Sasuke back in Konoha that he might not even think about the promise until long after the war. In any case, it's up to Kishimoto to decide whether to bring up the promise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DJKS View Post
    On one hand, he may think of it now as a promise that's been fulfilled and thus can now chase Sakura romantically and actually confess. On the other hand, he may see this as a promise he did not fulfill himself and feel even worse about it. This may actually affect his desires to become Hokage as well.
    I can agree with your first two statements, seeing as either scenario would befit a believable character development.

The third statement, however, is one with which I respectfully disagree. Naruto blatantly said, "I'll be the one to become Hokage!" on page 16 of chapter 631 when Sasuke declared his motive to become Hokage. Regardless of whether Sasuke returns or not, Naruto will refuse to let others get in the way of his life goal.

Last edited by DarkWolf Nashoba; 05-25-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Status
    May 2013
    This user has no status.

R.I.P. English.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Thinking

And if Sakura were to at some point ask Naruto to let Sasuke become Hokage, think Naruto would teller Her politely Go to Hell.

Status
    Nov 2011
    contemplating the nature of
    humans.

interesting question to ponder.
    i guess i personally would view it as sakura relieved him of that promise in the land of iron, but naruto had stated he had already decided to pursue sasuke because he wanted too, not just over this promise so really the whole promise things negated.

naruto does tell sai that he cannot tell sakura his feelings because he "hasnt been able to keep his promise" ...which kinda contradicts naruto's land of iron statement, but that convo between the two happened earlier than the land of iron stuff so id say really, naruto is relieved of his promise overall. sasuke decided to come back, and as someone stated earlier, naruto and many others had a part in that, but ultimately the kages persuaded him back. Naruto isnt giving up his dream to become hokage, but he seems happy that sasuke is his competition.

^i think the ending is leading towards either naruto and sasuke being hokage or neither being hokage. we saw what happened with madara and hashirama and we saw naruto's revolve was that him and sasuke would both die...so this is my theory on what will happen in the end lol (off topic...but thought id share)

Status
    Jan 2013
    "Let he that would move
    the world first move
    himself."
    Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by MissShakra View Post
    interesting question to ponder.
    i guess i personally would view it as sakura relieved him of that promise in the land of iron, but naruto had stated he had already decided to pursue sasuke because he wanted too, not just over this promise so really the whole promise things negated.

naruto does tell sai that he cannot tell sakura his feelings because he "hasnt been able to keep his promise" ...which kinda contradicts naruto's land of iron statement, but that convo between the two happened earlier than the land of iron stuff so id say really, naruto is relieved of his promise overall. sasuke decided to come back, and as someone stated earlier, naruto and many others had a part in that, but ultimately the kages persuaded him back. Naruto isnt giving up his dream to become hokage, but he seems happy that sasuke is his competition.

^i think the ending is leading towards either naruto and sasuke being hokage or neither being hokage. we saw what happened with madara and hashirama and we saw naruto's revolve was that him and sasuke would both die...so this is my theory on what will happen in the end lol (off topic...but thought id share)
    To the part in bold...
    Not a bad hypothesis. If a bilateral system had been assumed between Madara and Hashirama, it's probable that Konohagakure would have beheld a more peaceful past. Sasuke and Naruto are of a new generation that may try to set things right once and for all, which could possibly necessitate reformation to the currently unitary political system of the village.

Back on topic,
    I think the general consensus is that the promise is dead/void/insignificant. I haven't seen any individuals with opposing opinions, thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    And if Sakura were to at some point ask Naruto to let Sasuke become Hokage, think Naruto would teller Her politely Go to Hell.
    What makes you think she'd ask him to do that? It's true that she may revert to favoring Sasuke over Naruto in due time, but I really doubt that she'd make such a request.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistraal View Post
    R.I.P. English.
    Ummm.... what? Please elaborate on the relevance this post has in conjunction with the subject matter at hand.