Page 2 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 87
  1. #21
    Senior Member Christyan's Avatar
    Status
    Christyan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,270
    Location
    In your ears , messing with your head .
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Poter

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hasashi~ View Post
    yeah i know but i read a few but the ones that are ''known'' are the hobbit and the Silmalrilion
    well every book is knows but now as known as lotr still i recomend them all ... ITS SO NICE
     
         

  2. #22
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,423
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Poter

    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy69 View Post
    harry potter mainly because the story is longer
    ...ROFL

    LOTR is actually only about the things in the movie, however in fact you also have: The Hobbit, The Children of Hurin, The Silmarillion, Book of Lost Tales and unfinished tales. Not to mention the things that haven't been published. Which all is a part of Tolkien's work.
     
         

  3. #23
    Member
    Status
    Narutolover14 is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    68
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Lord of the Rings
     
         

  4. #24
    Member ainaXV's Avatar
    Status
    ainaXV is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    214
    Location
    Hiding in my box.
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Harry Potter all the way! :crazy:
    I haven't read the LOTR yet, so I'm not gonna say that it's boring.
     
         

  5. #25
    Myobokuzan Faust's Avatar
    Status
    Faust is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    24,998
    Location
    Where ever you go, there you are.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    I guess I reply too late. o_o
    I dislike Harry Potter, so I say LoTR - Really great...
     
         

  6. #26
    Deidara...'s Avatar
    Status
    Deidara... is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,481
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Making a Comeback!
     

    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Quote Originally Posted by ainaXV View Post
    Harry Potter all the way! :crazy:
    I haven't read the LOTR yet, so I'm not gonna say that it's boring.
    how can you say one of the best literary works of all time is boring if you haven't even read it?
     
         

  7. #27
    The Pervy Sage's Avatar
    Status
    The Pervy Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,587
    Location
    Im not that guy following you
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Books - harry potter
    Films - Lord of the rings
     
         

  8. #28
    Mercenary BishamonSama's Avatar
    Status
    BishamonSama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    20,690
    Location
    Wherever a cardboard box happens to be.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    I agree with Pervy Sage.

    On a side note, this thread is REALLY old. Someone revived it.

    Why?
     
         

  9. #29
    Babe. Reel it in. ★ Rei ★'s Avatar
    Status
    ★ Rei ★ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,879
    Location
    Snowland
    Modbanhammer! saraisthebest
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    I've read only the basic three LotR books and not the others Caliburn mentioned, but I didn't like them. Tolkien is using a sharp pen, with no fancy vocabulary, with lots of periods and no lyricism at all. I respect it, but it's not my style. I like Rowling's writing style more. She's not my favorite either though.

    The LotR films were really good, I have watched them many times; much better than the Harry Potter film series.
     
         

  10. #30
    Myobokuzan Flaw's Avatar
    Status
    Flaw is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,509
    Location
    The Desert of Joy
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    One does not simply choose Lord of the Rings over Harry Potter.
     
         

  11. #31
    Gatsndshanks's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsndshanks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    18,120
    Location
    Somewhere being stalked by Gobi
    Stealing the show and your
    girlfriend.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    HP cause Rowling is English *****ezzz
    Edit: Wait... Isn't Tolkien English?
     
         
    Last edited by Gatsndshanks; 07-22-2010 at 07:17 PM.

  12. #32
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,423
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsndshanks View Post
    HP cause Rowling is English *****ezzz
    Edit: Wait... Isn't Tolkien English?
    Jup, Tolkien is English. In fact he made the LOTR-universe to give the English people a mythology as England doesn't have much. It mainly got killed during the French invasion by William the Conqueror in 1066 (Tolkien cursed that day). So he gave the English people a new one.
     
         

  13. #33
    Gatsndshanks's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsndshanks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    18,120
    Location
    Somewhere being stalked by Gobi
    Stealing the show and your
    girlfriend.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Jup, Tolkien is English. In fact he made the LOTR-universe to give the English people a mythology as England doesn't have much. It mainly got killed during the French invasion by William the Conqueror in 1066 (Tolkien cursed that day). So he gave the English people a new one.
    We didnt read/discuss much of Tolkiens work at school :/ probs cause LOTR is a bit of an intermidiate book. He was practically unknown to me until the LOTR films sprang up :\ but i dunno, i prefer the HP movies to the LOTR :\ and never read the books :\
     
         

  14. #34
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,423
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsndshanks View Post
    We didnt read/discuss much of Tolkiens work at school :/ probs cause LOTR is a bit of an intermidiate book. He was practically unknown to me until the LOTR films sprang up :\ but i dunno, i prefer the HP movies to the LOTR :\ and never read the books :\
    In all honestly I didn't either, however I can guarantee it was already a book beyond famous, though the age-groups that it was famous with were different. It were mainly adults, but due to the films it also shifted to teenagers.

    LOTR was written because The Hobbit was a major success and they begged Tolkien for more, compared to LOTR The Hobbit looks really pale
     
         

  15. #35
    Seblax's Avatar
    Status
    Seblax is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,333
    Location
    Amman, Jordan.
    I miss my V award..
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    I never read LOTR, but I did read the sixth and seventh books of HP and I did loved them, however, when it comes for movies, I have always been a harry potter fan, LOTR was always like a secondary movie or something, just like when an anime you like release a new episode meanwhile Naruto did, You always watch Naruto first , at least, thats in my case.
     
         

  16. #36
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,423
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    Quote Originally Posted by -Theos. View Post
    I never read LOTR, but I did read the sixth and seventh books of HP and I did loved them, however, when it comes for movies, I have always been a harry potter fan, LOTR was always like a secondary movie or something, just like when an anime you like release a new episode meanwhile Naruto did, You always watch Naruto first , at least, thats in my case.
    What about the other five ~_~

    I can handle it that people prefer the books of HP above LOTR, it's understandable as LOTR is one of a kind and is humongous. However no person in his right mind prefers the HP movies above LOTR, that's blasphemy!

    Seriously nearly all of the HP movies suck big time compared to the book. The effects get better, while the story gets worse. IMO the best HP movie is still the first one. Honestly said the only movie based on a book that really succeeded is LOTR and maybe Narnia, though I haven't read the Chronicles of Narnia.

    Eragon, The Golden Compass, HP...all failed in bringing the essence of the book to life.
     
         

  17. #37
    Senior Member Scarface's Avatar
    Status
    Scarface is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,964
    Location
    Florida
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    all are great books, i have a list of sh!tty parts of the movies though
     
         

  18. #38
    Member kushina9's Avatar
    Status
    kushina9 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    325
    Location
    The Uzumaki Clan!!!!!
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    In my opinion Harry Potter is more interesting
     
         

  19. #39
    Vincent's Avatar
    Status
    Vincent is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,687
    Location
    Setsudogakure
    Leaf's one and only <3
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    this thread is pointless, lotr has like caliburn said, an entrire 10000 year history made entirely by one man...., harry potter is a childish series that IMO is ovverrated, at lots of it is based on other fantasy novels...

    and the films of both series pale in comparison to their respective books

    though tbh i prefered the silmarillion, the lost tales and the lost road to the hobbit...
     
         

  20. #40
    Vincent's Avatar
    Status
    Vincent is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,687
    Location
    Setsudogakure
    Leaf's one and only <3
     



    Re: Lord of the rings or Harry Potter

    heres a bit of knowledge for you.. tolkien and cs lewis were freinds..

    they had a wager between them about the books they were going to write, cs lewis got "travelling to other dimension (or worlds)" and made the narnia series

    tolkien got travelling through time and made "the lost road" which is one of the fogotten books of the middle earth series...
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •