Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 66
  1. #1
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    The last 10 chapters have all been about introducing characters and having them do cool poses and new attacks to make the retards and the 10 year olds go WOAahaahAHHHHhHhH

    But i'm not impressed, there's no substance or plot anymore. Kishi's just showcasing jutsu and showing off with characters now Minato has KCM, InoShikaCho have a new move, Shino can summon, Kiba can add one more head to his current jutsu (woo), Hinata took up 2 pages with some lame attack we've seen before, The Hokage use the barrier, Minato is given more feats with FTG and now to just top it off everyone can use summonings.

    WHY. Why would these abilities only be unveiled now? All at once? You think if they'd used them in the actual bulk of the war itself all those people wouldn't have had to die? Neji could still be here. Kishi's just pulling all these techniques out of his arse because he's forgotten about them all so he thinks in 2-3 chapters he can just throw it all at once. The summonings don't even make much sense to me as I just assumed the reason Naruto stopped using them is because things got too intense since Pain and they'd just end up needlessly dying, so they'll just be fine now? suddenly the Sannin comparisons are suddenly important again? how many years has it been since people gave a sh*t about the Sannin? We're still comparing Sasuke to Orochimaru?

    Ugh, whilst it was nice to see Kishi hasn't forgotten about the K11 (except for Sai but hey thats a rant for another time grrr) the manga has gone completely the wrong way about it, in a way that I have no reason to care...at all. This manga isn't about plot or character progression anymore, it's a competition to see whose favourite character gets the most flashy lights and feats. And I do not care about it.
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member Acid Ace's Avatar
    Status
    Acid Ace is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    With Kokonoe~
    Posts
    1,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    I WAS TRIPPING ON THIZZ
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Noooooooooooo it's the logic loop!
     
         

  3. #3
    Member phylos's Avatar
    Status
    phylos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Spanishland
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    It's been like that for years. Nothing new under the Sun.
     
         

  4. #4
    Baters gonna Bate chopstickchakra's Avatar
    Status
    chopstickchakra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Earth 33
    Posts
    4,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Yes you are so right. These klast 10 chapters completely nullify the previous 620 chapters that have such depth of story and background and relationship among it's characters. Never has a wiser statement been stated o grand stater.

    Sai wasn't part of K11 so eff him.
     
         

  5. #5
    x iiiMPerFeCT's Avatar
    Status
    x iiiMPerFeCT is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    7,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nathan, you're the best.
    Souji, you da real MVP.
    Adachi, drink your coffee.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    The manga is building up to the climax and the Juubi and Madara have been hyped to the max.

    Now all the other characters are getting their due power ups because otherwise the SA doesn't stand a f*cking chance.

    Nice read though, good try :P
     
         

  6. #6
    magi,toriko and naruto. Spacey orange's Avatar
    Status
    Spacey orange is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the truth, though some
    people will find it hard to
    face: Naruto is the main
    character. That means that
    what's important to the manga
    is what's important to him.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    disagree with you
     
         

  7. #7
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Hipster Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not some lame ass kanji location
    Posts
    16,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    I agree it was out of nowhere.
    As for Sai, Kishi doesn't like him. His editors forced him to create Sai.
     
         

  8. #8
    lol Grand Jamison's Avatar
    Status
    Grand Jamison is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am like a robot. Mentally im
    so focused anything you say to
    me will not disrupt the
    masterpieces i create. I am
    shakespear in the flesh! I am
    the most impactful user of
    this generation.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Yes i agree(Mainly cause i'm waiting for a new EMS move) but there's been power up after power up every chapter.At least if Kishi does it now then all this bs will be out of the way for good.
     
         

  9. #9
    ⌌⌈╹드╹⌉⌏ Shura's Avatar
    Status
    Shura is online now
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    -
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    I agree. The plot was better when the Akatsuki was still alive.
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Baka Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Baka Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    3,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    yeah this whole arc has been one nonsense move after another
     
         

  11. #11
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchakra View Post
    Yes you are so right. These klast 10 chapters completely nullify the previous 620 chapters that have such depth of story and background and relationship among it's characters. Never has a wiser statement been stated o grand stater.
    It's sad because there was so much potential, the last good chapter was when Sasuke headed out for the battlefield and when Obito kidnapped Kakashi, both of these were much more interesting yet are we cutting back to their emotional conflict that is literally the cause and heart of this war? No. Because the stupid people who read this manga and use the word 'soloking' whine whenever they get one chapter with any depth and not even one sharingan jutsu light show (example: Kabuto's flashback was fantastic and gave a layer of depth for the fight & the comparison between Itachi & Kabuto yet people just complained because they were 'bored')
     
         

  12. #12
    Banned
    Status
    ItachiStillSolos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Sorry, but I disagree or at least partially, I am glad the Rookie 9 got some screen-time. I have been waiting for this for quite some time now
     
         

  13. #13
    You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Blades of Chaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Posts
    15,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Agreed, when ever they were powering up i felt nothing, compared to when i was younger and was reading part 1, and saw someone power up i would stare at the page for minutes.
     
         

  14. #14
    Banned
    Status
    GenKiDama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban Count 24. Estimated time
    Spent Banned: 7 Months
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    you'll notice the smarter people will agree with you, the people who support naruto just because they see the name will say no. Myself I agree completely.
     
         

  15. #15
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    The show Naruto has been dead to me since early 2012
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member Retsu's Avatar
    Status
    Retsu is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    The thing I don't understand is when kishi had a chance to showcase everyone's strength during the war, he spent his time bringing a certain dead ninja back, and let them do all the heavy lifting...(coughItachicough). and now since his plot device is once again dead, it's like Kishi has lost all pacing on how to power ppl up, it does indeed suck.
     
         

  17. #17
    Member
    Status
    andrewperez is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    I like it idk what you guys are complaining about .... we havnt seen anyone push to there limits yet ..and now there all at there limits with some hope left ... minato can go beast mode cuz he has half ninetails chakara in him and now naruto and kuruma are friends dont see anything wrong with the chapter.. no one really has a big power boost just saskura
     
         
    Last edited by andrewperez; 06-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.

  18. #18
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    The amount of nonsense and contradictory shit is over 9000.
    Just sit back and lol, thats what i do now anyway
     
         

  19. #19
    Banned
    Status
    GenKiDama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban Count 24. Estimated time
    Spent Banned: 7 Months
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    The amount of nonsense and contradictory shit is over 9000.
    Just sit back and lol, thats what i do now anyway
    I'm only reason i'm still reading this is to make it seem like all the time i've been reading this was worth it in the end, somehow.
     
         

  20. #20
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Quote Originally Posted by x iiiMPerFeCT View Post
    The manga is building up to the climax and the Juubi and Madara have been hyped to the max.

    Now all the other characters are getting their due power ups because otherwise the SA doesn't stand a f*cking chance.

    Nice read though, good try :P
    And this all had to be done in one chapter? If Kishi wasn't just pulling these out of his arse then we would've seen triple cerberus or the bug summonings during the battlefield, especially with how far pushed they were (Neji was pushed to his limits) The fact that we had to get 15 straight pages of flashy lights means that he's all just shoving it in at the end as he forgot about them for so long.

    There's no room for character communication or progression because theres literally not enough panel space left. I mean... SASUKE'S BACK. The Hokages are all here! Wheres Obito & Kakashi? Their story must be ending soon. This isn't something that should just be glossed over. This is just my opinion but still.
     
         

  21. #21
    Ace Attorney ProtoStar's Avatar
    Status
    ProtoStar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Undernet
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Hope Rides Alone"
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    People really need to start dying off.
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member TenthHokagexRamen's Avatar
    Status
    TenthHokagexRamen is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    #MadaraWillReturn2014
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Quote Originally Posted by AkatsukiChurch View Post
    I agree. The plot was better when the Akatsuki was still alive.
    we still have obito. Hopefully he can save this manga.
     
         

  23. #23
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    I agree it was out of nowhere.
    As for Sai, Kishi doesn't like him. His editors forced him to create Sai.
    Is that serious!? He used to be my favourite character.... Argh.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member yellowxflash's Avatar
    Status
    yellowxflash is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups



    this is what todays was
     
         

  25. #25
    The Sage Scholar Umari Senju's Avatar
    Status
    Umari Senju is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss
     

    Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

    Quote Originally Posted by AkatsukiChurch View Post
    I agree. The plot was better when the Akatsuki was still alive.
    This I agree with

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStillSolos View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree or at least partially, I am glad the Rookie 9 got some screen-time. I have been waiting for this for quite some time now
    True, while I agree it's nice to see them with new techs, these are technique's that should have been introduced at the begining or mid point in the war when they were fighting the Zetsu and edos. They each got their screen time then and this is when these new techs should have been introduced not all at once in 2 or 3 chapters.
     
         

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •