Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStillSolos View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree or at least partially, I am glad the Rookie 9 got some screen-time. I have been waiting for this for quite some time now
    Well i'm not surprised coming from a Itachi fanboy, Itachi is the incarnation of flashy lights and poses for the simple people.
    +Yes they needed more screentime but it's basically too late, their presence should've been stronger throughout the whole thing if we were to care. Also, big attacks don't make me respect a character more.

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban Count 24. Estimated time
    Spent Banned: 7 Months

Quote Originally Posted by TenthHokagexRamen View Post
    we still have obito. Hopefully he can save this manga.
    I'm waiting for the day he gets Talk no jutsu'd and uses rinne tensei to revive everyone in the war. Seriously man just wait and see

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Im not saying what your saying is false but when you think about it, kishi doesn't give a damn if we like it. He is making money off of it no matter what happens. He will right whatever will get him the most money, and those kids that flip their bean over some power ups, are his money. If you sit down and look at it, some stuff aint that bad, we all know sasuke and naruto could do summonings, its really no surprise sakura can too, they were all trained by the sannin. I effing hate power ups but they are needed. We would have probably close too 800 chapters by now if we go into detail on how ppl learned their newly displayed jutsu. Its common for people not to show all their jutsu. Id rather see this than witness another retarded form of the rasengan. Look, im not trying to anger anyone , but at this point in the manga having all these power ups is natural and we should all be used to it. Many questions will forever be unanswered and many plot holes still exist. at this point we have to just sit back and watch in horror as the manga falls apart.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by GenKiDama View Post
    I'm waiting for the day he gets Talk no jutsu'd and uses rinne tensei to revive everyone in the war. Seriously man just wait and see
    , I am seriously in agreement with this. I have this terrible gut wrenching feeling that that's how this is all going to go down. every darn shinobi that died here will be miraculously brought back to life via Plot no jutsu.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

you'll notice the smarter people will agree with you, the people who support naruto just because they see the name will say no. Myself I agree completely.
    I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. There are 2 kinds of people who read the Naruto manga. The kind who like the big bright flashy moves and poses, treating every chapter like a competition against other people who like other characters. People who use the word 'solo king' and then there's the people who are trying to read for the story, the characters and the development, we care about what characters can do but only how they progress the story.

Senior Member TenthHokagexRamen's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I swear if kishi does this i'm going to flip. We don't need anymore talk no jutsu's it happen way to many times before.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonIgnition View Post
    Im not saying what your saying is false but when you think about it, kishi doesn't give a damn if we like it. He is making money off of it no matter what happens. He will right whatever will get him the most money, and those kids that flip their bean over some power ups, are his money. If you sit down and look at it, some stuff aint that bad, we all know sasuke and naruto could do summonings, its really no surprise sakura can too, they were all trained by the sannin. I effing hate power ups but they are needed. We would have probably close too 800 chapters by now if we go into detail on how ppl learned their newly displayed jutsu. Its common for people not to show all their jutsu. Id rather see this than witness another retarded form of the rasengan. Look, im not trying to anger anyone , but at this point in the manga having all these power ups is natural and we should all be used to it. Many questions will forever be unanswered and many plot holes still exist. at this point we have to just sit back and watch in horror as the manga falls apart.
    .....LMAO! Well said!

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the sky a mighty eagle
    doesn't care about what's
    illegal on its wings the
    rainbow's light it's flying to
    eternity

The problem is not powerups; the problem is they are just being "there"; they did not added anything to rookies' character development; i wish they got more than mere boosts. Only Hinata had some thoughts; and it was the same old "being stronger for/thanks to Naruto-kun" thing; not even a development; it is still the same.

Instead of stuffing every rookie's power ups in single chapter; they should have been come into display as paneltime for 1 or 2 rookies per chapter while the other sides of story are progressing.

I am glad they got screentime; but i would want their paneltimes in a way they would fit and flow through story; not in a way "lets get the development of everyone out of the way in a single chapter". Instead of Itachi soloing edo tensei jutsu; they could have go 1 vs 1 against edo shinobies whom also had a lot of potential; battles would be much more interesting than they are against juubi clones. Neji vs Hizashi, Lee vs Kimimaro, Sakura vs Pakura or Chiyo for example the ones simply came to my mind.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Im just reading at this point just to see if the SA actually survives(which it probably will due to Naruto's plot no jutsu)

Im just sitting back and reading the filler chapters for the lulz

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!

I'm only reason i'm still reading this is to make it seem like all the time i've been reading this was worth it in the end, somehow.
    Same here i have too far to quit now.
    Now those who claim we are a bunch of whiners and nobody is forcing us to read, are usually those that do not understand what is going on.

I always said the manga started going down when rikudou and the rinnegan was introduced, that was just before the pein vs jiraiya fight.

Apart from the random power ups, the are so many things wrong in the series that have been ignored and currently it is showing. The ending of any thing, either a movie or a manga is where the audience are supposed to be gripped. But in naruto its the opposite. People are quitting and whining and as a writer kishi has to ask why this is.

Last edited by Blaze Release; 06-05-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
    Neji vs Hizashi, Lee vs Kimimaro, Sakura vs Pakura or Chiyo for example the ones simply came to my mind.
    I am now sad that these never happened.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the sky a mighty eagle
    doesn't care about what's
    illegal on its wings the
    rainbow's light it's flying to
    eternity

Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    I am now sad that these never happened.
    Don't be sad because a rottening dead body soloing edo tensei thanks to an asspul of a jutsu instead of alive ones' fighting was totally satisfactory...

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Honestly even if Kishi developed characters people would have whined and called it boring or they want to see people fighting and so on and so forth. No matter what Kishi does, someone is always gonna complain.
    Just look at this thread:
    http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385799
    It is a list of things people complain about and every second line contradicts the first. It is quite funny really.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm not totally bothered by it. Not every chapter needs to be plot progression. There needs to be character development. Example; Shino. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME MINUS SASUKE'S RECENT CHAPTER THAT HE'S HAD PANEL TIME? You won't even remember. Thus, it gives light to under-developed, non-utilized characters. The only thing I wish Kishi would do right now is just let Sasuke go apeshit on Madara once he realizes he's there. Then we get Sasuke's Perfect Susanoo and yea... Brawl.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Studying for Finals...

I dunno about you guys. But the battle segments pass pretty quickly when I re-read things. Way to quickly actually.

Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams

The story telling is badd ,, people fight or have wars because they have conflict in interest. But right now they fight to show jutsu's, your right about that. Kishimoto can be a good mangaka, he wrote Gaara, Itachi, Kushina ect. very well but he is ****ing his story up right now.

Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Rinn3gan View Post
    I'm not totally bothered by it. Not every chapter needs to be plot progression. There needs to be character development. Example; Shino. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME MINUS SASUKE'S RECENT CHAPTER THAT HE'S HAD PANEL TIME? You won't even remember. Thus, it gives light to under-developed, non-utilized characters. The only thing I wish Kishi would do right now is just let Sasuke go apeshit on Madara once he realizes he's there. Then we get Sasuke's Perfect Susanoo and yea... Brawl.
    Is Shino developed now that he got to show a new jutsu?

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

So true. It's what i've kept saying.

Really, this war may have been the worst idea kishi had. Instead of the war, he could've just had a small hunt for sasuke where a few kage, and shinobi go off to fight sasuke, kabuto, taka, and maybe som eother person to keep it interesting...

Leave out the urban legends(juubi) and past hero's(ET). One of the first things he tried to bring across is that the new generation will surpass the old and that hard work and determination beats sheer genius. I think he either forgot about those ideas, or he got tired after 11(?) years and just said the manga had to end and tried to pull in as much information as he can on everyone in the shortest time...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AGoodBoy View Post
    So true. It's what i've kept saying.

Really, this war may have been the worst idea kishi had. Instead of the war, he could've just had a small hunt for sasuke where a few kage, and shinobi go off to fight sasuke, kabuto, taka, and maybe som eother person to keep it interesting...

Leave out the urban legends(juubi) and past hero's(ET). One of the first things he tried to bring across is that the new generation will surpass the old and that hard work and determination beats sheer genius. I think he either forgot about those ideas, or he got tired after 11(?) years and just said the manga had to end and tried to pull in as much information as he can on everyone in the shortest time...
    Thank you-nice that you actually agree with me for once ;D

I made a whole thread about the ruined 'new generation surpass the old' theme and I got torn apart on this forum for saying so... And yeah I like that Sasuke hunt idea, like there could be a war in the background but Naruto's group realises it's just a diversion to get the jinchuuriki, and they use it as a diversion to get Sasuke back. The war really didn't have to be such a big deal if Kishi didn't want to develop the war like he hasnt been doing.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStillSolos View Post
    Honestly even if Kishi developed characters people would have whined and called it boring or they want to see people fighting and so on and so forth. No matter what Kishi does, someone is always gonna complain.
    Just look at this thread:
    http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385799
    It is a list of things people complain about and every second line contradicts the first. It is quite funny really.
    The people who watch for big boss battles and showcase jutsu would be whining. These idiots who thought the Kabuto flashback was boring because they wanted to get back to the battle or complain about Kakashi/Obito constantly need to put down this manga and just go watch Dragon Ball Z repeats.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

Thank you-nice that you actually agree with me for once ;D

I made a whole thread about the ruined 'new generation surpass the old' theme and I got torn apart on this forum for saying so... And yeah I like that Sasuke hunt idea, like there could be a war in the background but Naruto's group realises it's just a diversion to get the jinchuuriki, and they use it as a diversion to get Sasuke back. The war really didn't have to be such a big deal if Kishi didn't want to develop the war like he hasnt been doing.
    I never have? lol sorry then D:

I know what you mean. If you even mention the manga is going downhill it's all "THEN STOP WATCHING1!! KISHI DOESN'T CARE YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT!@!@" What these people don't realise is that it's now kishi has to step up and rethink things before he makes such a massive error that 90% of his fanbase disappears and the money is gone.

Exactly. 600 chapters spent running after sasuke's ass. From chapter 200-something to about 500-something it's been about finding sasuke and bringing him back. Then what happens? Sasuke walks right through the door... Kishi could have STILL saved this. What he should have done was let madara die with ET and not revive the hokage. Then, maybe bring back madara later on with rinne tensei so that he's still a main antagonist, but not some OP undead zombie that can rape everything... And, at least past hokages wouldn't be needed.
    I personally think kishi should slow down a bit. The best way for him to save this now, is to straight up kill a few of K11, get obito and madara to stop sitting on their ass watching their plan fall to shit, and actually join the juubi in defence. He's brought back hashi, KCM minato, tobirama and hiruzen all with unlimited stamina. WTf is going to happen when juubi is gone? Are we REALLY supposed to believe that madara is suppose to solo 4 hokage, 3 pseudo-sannin, K11, [quite possibly 4 or 5 of the kage he already killed], and 60k other ninja? Obito isn't EVEN a factor anymore because sasuke and his posse are enough to hold him at bay. What. The. ****.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rinn3gan View Post
    I spoke about both character development AND plot progression. Giving Shino a summoning isn't progressing his character nor moving the story forward. It's big and it looks cool but that's just about it.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
    Don't be sad because a rottening dead body soloing edo tensei thanks to an asspul of a jutsu instead of alive ones' fighting was totally satisfactory...
    Don't I know it :\

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Memento Mori~

The people who watch for big boss battles and showcase jutsu would be whining. These idiots who thought the Kabuto flashback was boring because they wanted to get back to the battle or complain about Kakashi/Obito constantly need to put down this manga and just go watch Dragon Ball Z repeats.
    Did you ever think that maybe you're just on the opposite spectrum of whiners. I like both the backstory and the fights/jutsu segments. This is a shonen FIGHING manga at the end of the day. Do you watch Yu yu Hakusho and constantly complain about how people are constantly showing off new abilities with no prior build-up? if so then you're being extremly genre blind

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People only Die Because They
    Accept Death as an
    Inevitability

No No No No

This Base is solely about Power-ups.

The Manga is about character progression.