Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Re: It's Official, this manga is solely about Powerups

Quote Originally Posted by MickNerks View Post
    No No No No

This Base is solely about Power-ups.

The Manga is about character progression.
    The manga recently is catering for these dumber, more fight based fans. All you have to do is look over the last 3-4 chapters and the reintroduction of characters of Minato Namikaze & Itachi Uchiha.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

Quote Originally Posted by shyarkugan View Post
    Did you ever think that maybe you're just on the opposite spectrum of whiners. I like both the backstory and the fights/jutsu segments. This is a shonen FIGHING manga at the end of the day. Do you watch Yu yu Hakusho and constantly complain about how people are constantly showing off new abilities with no prior build-up? if so then you're being extremly genre blind
    Uhh.. I think the point he's trying to bring across is that the power ups could have at least been shown throughout the war. You know, when people were dying. Just not suddenly out of the blue for no reason. Why didn't we see any of this random stuff before? They wouldn't have been useless against all those zetsu clones and what not...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shyarkugan View Post
    Did you ever think that maybe you're just on the opposite spectrum of whiners. I like both the backstory and the fights/jutsu segments. This is a shonen FIGHING manga at the end of the day. Do you watch Yu yu Hakusho and constantly complain about how people are constantly showing off new abilities with no prior build-up? if so then you're being extremly genre blind
    Of course I like both, it's a shonen- I expect both but there needs to be a balance, the reason Naruto is so popular is because (positively thinking) it's a step above normal generic fight animes, there was depth those years back and there is also an obvious lack of it now.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

Quote Originally Posted by GenKiDama View Post
    I'm waiting for the day he gets Talk no jutsu'd and uses rinne tensei to revive everyone in the war. Seriously man just wait and see
    I really hope not.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

For anyone who disagrees please tell me how any of the powerups seen today from the K11 or Minato or whatever influence the plot or add to character?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know chiling......killing.

Well this is naruto after all, you know what be cool.
    If every one was out of chakra and they hade to focus their energie on taijutsu and kunais, that would be aswome.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    The people who watch for big boss battles and showcase jutsu would be whining. These idiots who thought the Kabuto flashback was boring because they wanted to get back to the battle or complain about Kakashi/Obito constantly need to put down this manga and just go watch Dragon Ball Z repeats.
    The Kabuto flashback was amazing. I agree with your thread. We didn't even get to see Ten Ten and Lee become stronger.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleach progress - Xcution arc

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
    The problem is not powerups; the problem is they are just being "there"; they did not added anything to rookies' character development; i wish they got more than mere boosts. Only Hinata had some thoughts; and it was the same old "being stronger for/thanks to Naruto-kun" thing; not even a development; it is still the same.

Instead of stuffing every rookie's power ups in single chapter; they should have been come into display as paneltime for 1 or 2 rookies per chapter while the other sides of story are progressing.

I am glad they got screentime; but i would want their paneltimes in a way they would fit and flow through story; not in a way "lets get the development of everyone out of the way in a single chapter". Instead of Itachi soloing edo tensei jutsu; they could have go 1 vs 1 against edo shinobies whom also had a lot of potential; battles would be much more interesting than they are against juubi clones. Neji vs Hizashi, Lee vs Kimimaro, Sakura vs Pakura or Chiyo for example the ones simply came to my mind.
    Agree with this..
    Instead of naruto basically soloing a lot of them (not allowing development of everyone else) temari could have been developed by finding a way to win against edo 3rd raikage but NOOOO rasengan to the chest and naruto takes all the glory..

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FlemSmack View Post
    The Kabuto flashback was amazing. I agree with your thread. We didn't even get to see Ten Ten and Lee become stronger.
    Agreed, it added so much to the character and gave a reason for them to fight other than the edo tensei, the difference between Kabuto and Itachi and being born talented with your life on a plate VS being born a nobody with nothing made it one of my favourite fights until you-know-what ended the match early.

And the fact that Tenten and Lee are being left out STILL pisses me off even more that this whole chapter in the first place. If you're going to have a powerup chapter THEN HAVE ALL YOUR CHARACTERS HAVE POWERUPS SO EVERYONES SOMEWHAT SATISFIED.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the sky a mighty eagle
    doesn't care about what's
    illegal on its wings the
    rainbow's light it's flying to
    eternity

Quote Originally Posted by 6thpathsage View Post
    Agree with this..
    Instead of naruto basically soloing a lot of them (not allowing development of everyone else) temari could have been developed by finding a way to win against edo 3rd raikage but NOOOO rasengan to the chest and naruto takes all the glory..
    Yeah; it was a perfect time for Temari; i like her and many other characters; they could have done so much in the war instead of Naruto battling in every freakin division and owning everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    Agreed, it added so much to the character and gave a reason for them to fight other than the edo tensei, the difference between Kabuto and Itachi and being born talented with your life on a plate VS being born a nobody with nothing made it one of my favourite fights until you-know-what ended the match early.

And the fact that Tenten and Lee are being left out STILL pisses me off even more that this whole chapter in the first place. If you're going to have a powerup chapter THEN HAVE ALL YOUR CHARACTERS HAVE POWERUPS SO EVERYONES SOMEWHAT SATISFIED.
    Lee and Tenten definetely deserve something. Maybe Kishi will offer tham something better instead of a stuffed up chapter; as far as i know; none of the other rookies had such goal, dream and rivalry he had; only Hinata had some "standing by Naruto's side thing" (which i can not respect as much as Lee's); he should get more; or atleast show how much more gates he can open and how he will develop as a character.

And Kabuto vs Itachi...Kabuto deserved to win; or atleast lose in a logical way; are there any actual underdogs who win in this manga? (NAruto is not an underdog...far from it)
    But this is what always happen; Lee says Sasuke he is a bad matchup to his sharingan, then his speed get copied; Deidara says Sasuke he is fool with blessed eyes, then Sasuke survives the fight; Kabuto says Itachi sharingan won't defeat him; gets taken down by izanami and other stuff... I would dare to say moral of the story=sharingan according to many occured events.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
    Lee says Sasuke he is a bad matchup to his sharingan, then his speed get copied; Deidara says Sasuke he is fool with blessed eyes, then Sasuke survives the fight; Kabuto says Itachi sharingan won't defeat him; gets taken down by izanami and other stuff... I would dare to say moral of the story=sharingan according to many occured events.
    This is so accurate that it's scary. I guess Kishi just likes to think of as the Academy Genin as 'underdogs' when they're...really not.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."

"Peter."

Still, a thousand times better than power-up central DBZ, right?

#DBZSucks

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post

#DBZSucks
    At least that one never took itself seriously. The final villain turned people into candy.
    You either go completely batsh*t in both power and plot or keep both consistently serious. The dissonance in Naruto between the serious plot and the ridiculous powerups that don't add up is almost too jarring.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post

#DBZSucks
    Hahaha agreed, why would anyone feel inspired by it? Naruto became it's spiritual predecessor a while back.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

Anyone remember when naruto taught you life lessons and moral values? The times when kish I actually made you a better person?

"Hard work means nothing if you don't believe in yourself"
    "A hard worker with no talent beats a gifted genius"
    "Fight for something you cherish with both your hands even if it kills you"
    "The bonds and friendships you create are powerful and shouldnt be destroyed"
    "Do everything you can to save a friend"
    "Because your life is shit, doesn't mean you're the worse off. Stop crying about it and do something"
    "Teamwork is important"
    Some others... But the most important was...
    "People who break the rules are called trash... But, those who don't treasure their friends are worse than trash"

:/

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking under a bridge to
    launch my attack

I dont know about you, but i was sick of shadow clones and rasangan every fukking two fukking seconds

Page 3 of 3 « First 123