Flash of fang and claw Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obito will remain the #1
    Uchiha

Who's the leader of team 8?

Since kurenai has been non-existant most of the series who do you think is the team captain of team 8? It's been a long standing issue that kiba and shino actually had an arguement about in part 1. But who is it?

Certainly not Hinata although she has much stronger leadership qualities as of late. I can't really see shino as the leader, since he often carries no presence, despite the fact his team respects him a lot. That leaves Kiba which I guess would make sense since he would have the most upbeat morale and has the highest raw power in the team. In the latest chapter we did see the rest of the team mobilise on kiba's command and lead.

Anyway who do you guys think is the team captain given that kurenai has been MIA most of the series.

Last edited by Gatsuuga; 06-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.

▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whole squad on that real shit.

Re: Who's the leader of team 8?

Hate to burst your bubble, but it has to be shino. You think Tsunade will let Kiba lead a team lols.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Shino, of course.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It has to be Shino. He has more Intelligence than those 2 even though he can be disgusting with his insects and creepy with that outfit on.

Last edited by inoyamanaka98; 06-05-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: adding something

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Kiba has always been the "leader".

Hinata may have developed leadership qualities; however, she is generally kind and passive....wishing to make everyone at peace so she naturally folds under Kiba's hot headed personality.

While Shino may be an extremely intelligent shinobi, he doesn't out forth leadership qualities because it is agsinst his personality.

As such, Kiba is the leader. He has an alpha male sense, he is hot headed, and the other members of his team either don't have much leading charisma, or they just do not have any need to lead.

Remember the Chuunin exams. Kiba pressured and lead the team to go get more scrolls when they didn't need to. Hinata submitted, and Shino played it safe, but didn't outright question Kiba. They would have beaten Gaara's time had Shino or Hinata been the leader....at least that's how I'd see it.

Shino is deffinatly the brains of the team though.

Last edited by KGB Kakuzu; 06-05-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleach progress - Xcution arc

Shino is more intelligent..even though he's not listened to .

So shino..

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Kiba has always been the "leader".

Hinata may have developed leadership qualities; however, she is generally kind and passive....wishing to make everyone at peace so she naturally folds under Kiba's hot headed personality.

While Shino may be an extremely intelligent shinobi, he doesn't out forth leadership qualities because it is agsinst his personality.

As such, Kiba is the leader. He has an alpha male sense, he is hot headed, and the other members of his team either don't have much leading charisma, or they just do not have any need to lead.

This is why he shouldn't lead, it's just like naruto being in charge of team 7 = disaster

Flash of fang and claw Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obito will remain the #1
    Uchiha

Quote Originally Posted by ' ~ Dantee ~ ' View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but it has to be shino. You think Tsunade will let Kiba lead a team lols.
    There all surprisingly strong in there own right, but I just don't think shino possesses leader qualities. He is more of a background agent and he isn't that great at lifting team morale because of the way he talks. Not saying he isn't strong because he definetly is, just maybe not quite right for the job. I see him as secondary captain that pulls ranks when he has a good strategy - which would be often I reckon.

▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whole squad on that real shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    There all surprisingly strong in there own right, but I just don't think shino possesses leader qualities. He is more of a background agent and he isn't that great at lifting team morale because of the way he talks. Not saying he isn't strong because he definetly is, just maybe not quite right for the job. I see him as secondary captain that pulls ranks when he has a good strategy - which would be often I reckon.
    We see in all the teams the smartest and most experienced often become the leaders. Not saying high spirited people like Kiba can't become a leader but more often in the naruto verse it doesn't happen. A leader has to be decisive and be able to act using his brain not his instinct. Kiba is loud, abbrasive and apparently somehow who needs to show off for attention. He's like a 10 year old Naruto.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Killer

Hmm tough call.
    Hinata is too timid. Period. I don't see her being assertive enough or decisive enough to put the other two in line when the time comes.
    Kiba is the most assertive and probably the best choice because he won't second guess himself. You don't have to be right everytime you make a decision but you definitely have to be confident everytime you make one. Plus the other two seem to listen to him.
    Shino is probably the smartest but he is too quiet. Communication is the foundation for teamwork and if a leader can't communicate well and often he is useless.

So I gotta go with Kiba.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Leadership was never an issue in Team 8. While Shino would voice caution and Kiba would accuse Shino of trying to be the leader, no one ever really protested against Kiba taking charge.

Kiba having the highest raw power does not necessarily make him leader material. He's usually the act first type. I don't recall him ever actually leading. Just little things like him asking Hinata to use Byakugan. Shino actually does carry presence and has the strength, intelligence and level-headedness to lead. It's most likely Kiba bullied his way into beinging charge as I doubt Hinata and Shino were the argument type.

While Shino seems like a background person he has shown to step up when needed. Examples are the Chunin Exams when going after Kankuro and when facing "Tobi". Shino isn't "too quiet". The guy has no problems speaking when it's necessary to do so. He observes, doesn't waste time with pointless words and is very calm minded.

Shino is probably the smartest but he is too quiet. Communication is the foundation for teamwork and if a leader can't communicate well and often he is useless.
    Shino has never had a problem communicating. Likewise, people have no issues understanding him. If he has something to say he'll say it. The only things he doesn't say is pointless banter like the rest of the group.

But anyway, Kiba is the leader. I see Shino as the one who provides Kiba with advice and such. Even when Kiba complained about Shino being too cautious and weird, he still took Shino's advice by asking Hinata to check ahead with Byakugan.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gloom..

Kiba has the alfa dominant instinct, so he is the "natural leader". But on knowledge, shino.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are sworn brothers, we
    drank to it- Sabo

Shino of course.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    性交