Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member 0jordinio0's Avatar
    Status
    0jordinio0 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    1,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a reason I'm better
    than the rest of you. It's
    because I was born superior -
    suck it!
     

    Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Before we start this off. I just want to say, I'm not a Sasuke-hater. And at some points, I can generally like and respect him as a character but I still think he is seriously flawed.

    First, I'll start off with how I think he's selfish. Honestly, the general gist with Sasuke is all he ever thinks about is himself. I won't go to much into it, but I'll explain my most popular instance of his selfishness. His joining Akatsuki, and infact Obito more than Akatsuki. Sasuke was to busy thinking of himself, he didn't realize just how selfish this action really was and I don't think many people have actually grasped it. Sasuke joined the man who made Naruto's life a living hell by basically instigating the instances that made him a Jinchuuriki. Not to mention, actually was directly responsible for Naruto not having any parents. Sasuke joined a man who made his best friends life a living hell. That would be tantamount to pre-shippuden Naruto joining Itachi - if he actually was out for Sasuke's eyes - and helping him kill Sasuke and rip out his eyeballs. It's parallel to Sasuke joining Akatsuki to help capture Naruto, rip Kurama out of him and kill him.

    Alot of you may say that they were not best friends at the time. But feelings like the feelings of two best friends don't just disappear because one basically left where they lived. And that's all Sasuke did as far as Naruto was concerned, he betrayed Konoha, not Naruto.

    ......

    Now on to the egotistal part. Really, this one is a given. It's one of Sasuke's main overall flaws, his arrogance. Alot of people will probably flame me for this bit, but meh. Sasuke basically stating that he would defeat the Juubi all on his own and become Hokage. Naruto is of similar thinking, but different altogether. Because, when Itachi corrected Naruto on this thinking Naruto wanted to fight himself so that people he cared about wouldn't be hurt. Sasuke really is so arrogant that he believes he can defeat the Madara and the Juubi himself, or so it's implied to me atleast.

    Sasuke's arrogance rears its head alot over the course of the story. In pre-shippuden he was angry with himself because he couldn't beat Orochimaru, one of the strongest Shinobi in the world. He was angry at himself for not being able to defeat Gaara who was using a freaking Bijuu's power, and he had only been a Genin for a few months at most. He was so angry at his apparent weakness from being defeated by the sound 4 that he ultimately defected from Konoha. 4 easily Jonin level Shinobi with level 2 cursed seals and trained personally by Orochimaru at points, and he was angry with himself for not being able to defeat them? And of course, let's not forget him learning the Chidori and thinking with it he was strong enough to take on Itachi!

    Hell, one of his last quotes from pre-shippuden is just full of arrogance. 'Naruto....I'm more special than you!'.

    That's all, feel free to flame away you fanboys who appear to defend your glorious 'Sasuke-sama!'
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arugon's Avatar
    Status
    Arugon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Nah, he's just a little slow.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Raekwon26's Avatar
    Status
    Raekwon26 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you think I'm just a
    foolish kid ruled by his
    emotions, that's fine.
    Following Itachi's path would
    be childish, the whispering of
    fools who don't know hatred.
    If anyone else tries to
    ridicule the way I live, I'll
    slaughter everyone they ever
    cared
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    I love. his arrogance, his ego and that he can appear to be selfish. Brilliant character.

    Thank God he's not a fcking walking cliche like numerous characters in this manga.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Status
    saw2097 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At my place.
    Posts
    7,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Yeah, those traits are the definition of Sasuke.

    Actually Sasuke is not that different from most rival characters in Shounen manga. So to an extent he is clichéd, but a different kind of cliché.
     
         

  5. #5
    ♣♠ Scrublord ♠♣ Hypemaster's Avatar
    Status
    Hypemaster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Inside the moon
    Posts
    9,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bans won't hold me back.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    He is both and he clearly doesn't give a f%&# much to kiba's dismay.
     
         

  6. #6
    magi,toriko and naruto. Spacey orange's Avatar
    Status
    Spacey orange is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,352
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    sasuke just dumbass
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Raekwon26's Avatar
    Status
    Raekwon26 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you think I'm just a
    foolish kid ruled by his
    emotions, that's fine.
    Following Itachi's path would
    be childish, the whispering of
    fools who don't know hatred.
    If anyone else tries to
    ridicule the way I live, I'll
    slaughter everyone they ever
    cared
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    Yeah, those traits are the definition of Sasuke.

    Actually Sasuke is not that different from most rival characters in Shounen manga. So to an extent he is clichéd, but a different kind of cliché.
    I don't think he is cliche simply because he wasn't born with that attitude, he was clearly a happy and care-free child until Itachi nuked his world. He changed because he witnessed that and STILL maintains that attitude even though he has some type of closure.
    Brilliant character.
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Raekwon26's Avatar
    Status
    Raekwon26 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you think I'm just a
    foolish kid ruled by his
    emotions, that's fine.
    Following Itachi's path would
    be childish, the whispering of
    fools who don't know hatred.
    If anyone else tries to
    ridicule the way I live, I'll
    slaughter everyone they ever
    cared
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Einstein once said that intelligence is equals to 1/ego, meaning the bigger your ego, the dumber you are.

    In my opinion he's a emo that needs to see a psychologist... I mean, be like Naruto, endure yourself and carry life on.
    But that's not realistic. That's fantasy life, people aren't like Naruto, they are rare to find.
    He's a cliche:
    Knocked down
    Hated
    Told they weren't good enough
    Rose above it.

    There's so many characters out there like that. It's gets boring after a while.
     
         

  9. #9
    magi,toriko and naruto. Spacey orange's Avatar
    Status
    Spacey orange is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,352
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raekwon26 View Post
    But that's not realistic. That's fantasy life, people aren't like Naruto, they are rare to find.
    He's a cliche:
    Knocked down
    Hated
    Told they weren't good enough
    Rose above it.
    naruto is not cliche with compare to other popular protagonist
     
         

  10. #10
    Alpha: The Origin Shiro Yaksha's Avatar
    Status
    Shiro Yaksha is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In our culture, the
    phenomena known as emotion is
    considered a mental
    disorder." — Kyubey
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    How can you say that Sasuke was selfish for joining obito. Sasuke had no idea that obito was the one that caused the kyuubi incident or that this event was what killed Naruto's parents. Sasuke was told that this event was like a natural disaster like most other shinobi's of his generation think.
     
         

  11. #11
    Member
    Status
    Untung is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    788
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    That character need to pump main character....sasuke character need for selfish, smart all good thing but he dont have any loyality, but the main character is clumsi, stupid, need more practice. But he have loyality.

    So you can chosse hard work and loyal, or smart but not loyal.
     
         

  12. #12
    Member the last shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    the last shinobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    834
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0jordinio0 View Post
    Before we start this off. I just want to say, I'm not a Sasuke-hater. And at some points, I can generally like and respect him as a character but I still think he is seriously flawed.

    First, I'll start off with how I think he's selfish. Honestly, the general gist with Sasuke is all he ever thinks about is himself. I won't go to much into it, but I'll explain my most popular instance of his selfishness. His joining Akatsuki, and infact Obito more than Akatsuki. Sasuke was to busy thinking of himself, he didn't realize just how selfish this action really was and I don't think many people have actually grasped it. Sasuke joined the man who made Naruto's life a living hell by basically instigating the instances that made him a Jinchuuriki. Not to mention, actually was directly responsible for Naruto not having any parents. Sasuke joined a man who made his best friends life a living hell. That would be tantamount to pre-shippuden Naruto joining Itachi - if he actually was out for Sasuke's eyes - and helping him kill Sasuke and rip out his eyeballs. It's parallel to Sasuke joining Akatsuki to help capture Naruto, rip Kurama out of him and kill him.

    Alot of you may say that they were not best friends at the time. But feelings like the feelings of two best friends don't just disappear because one basically left where they lived. And that's all Sasuke did as far as Naruto was concerned, he betrayed Konoha, not Naruto.......

    Now on to the egotistal part. Really, this one is a given. It's one of Sasuke's main overall flaws, his arrogance. Alot of people will probably flame me for this bit, but meh. Sasuke basically stating that he would defeat the Juubi all on his own and become Hokage. Naruto is of similar thinking, but different altogether. Because, when Itachi corrected Naruto on this thinking Naruto wanted to fight himself so that people he cared about wouldn't be hurt. Sasuke really is so arrogant that he believes he can defeat the Madara and the Juubi himself, or so it's implied to me atleast.

    Sasuke's arrogance rears its head alot over the course of the story. In pre-shippuden he was angry with himself because he couldn't beat Orochimaru, one of the strongest Shinobi in the world. He was angry at himself for not being able to defeat Gaara who was using a freaking Bijuu's power, and he had only been a Genin for a few months at most. He was so angry at his apparent weakness from being defeated by the sound 4 that he ultimately defected from Konoha. 4 easily Jonin level Shinobi with level 2 cursed seals and trained personally by Orochimaru at points, and he was angry with himself for not being able to defeat them? And of course, let's not forget him learning the Chidori and thinking with it he was strong enough to take on Itachi!

    Hell, one of his last quotes from pre-shippuden is just full of arrogance. 'Naruto....I'm more special than you!'.

    That's all, feel free to flame away you fanboys who appear to defend your glorious 'Sasuke-sama!'
    Point 1: besides Obito who alive knows that maske man/obito/tobi was behind that night

    Point 2: they really aren't that good of friends naruto has a man crush on sasuke for the most part of Shippuden doesn't really care about naryto and leaf until he finds out that the leaf is behind the uchiha night

    Point 3: That's how Naruto sees it not how sasuke sees it

    Point 4: He's arrogant because he didn't take ass whipping with a smile. that frustration he had with not defeating everyone you name fueled him to become one of the strongest people alive in the ninja world he has defeated Oro, he's stronger than the sound 4, he's stronger than Gaara, and i would say close to on par with Itachi.


    You know what i find hillarious about your argument is that you called sasuke selfish because he joined the main that made naruto's life hard. But i guess naruto noble because he wants to come back to village that committed genocide agaisnt his people. the only reason why he was spared was because he was the motivation to get Itachi to kill everyone. So the billage is the cause of all sasuke's pain and hardships but i guess that sasuke being selfish.
    I feel that sasuke is the closest character to real person in naruto he responds to losses the way competitor does, he seeks some type of justice for being wronged, and follows his own course of action no matter what some else has to say.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member the last shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    the last shinobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    834
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey orange View Post
    naruto is not cliche with compare to other popular protagonist
    well goku and Black star come to mind they are a lot like naruto
     
         

  14. #14
    Team 7 Member ~Sasuke~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Sasuke~ is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    At War
    Posts
    3,820
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a user of Kamui.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Sasuke is both
     
         

  15. #15
    Member Miiami's Avatar
    Status
    Miiami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lithuania, Capital.
    Posts
    636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earth without 'art' in it
    would be just eh.. :)
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    He is like that, but I like him neverthless, it would be boring if all characters were perfect good guys. Sasuke is not perfect, Naruto is not perfect, Sakura is not perfect, they have their flaws which give them more realistic personalities.
     
         

  16. #16
    Shóūri's Avatar
    Status
    Shóūri is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Happy And Peaceful.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    I agree with you.... I dislike his character even more from the time he said the war was fault of the Hokages....
     
         

  17. #17
    Member The Robot With Human Hair's Avatar
    Status
    The Robot With Human Hair is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    664
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did college, majored in
    smart. Concocted ways to be
    useless and poor. Successful
    could barely describe the
    shape of my infinite wisdom. I
    can spit from my mouth.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Sasuke isn't selfish. At all. He gave up everything in order to avenge his clan. If he were selfish he wouldn't have left the people that he cared about.
     
         

  18. #18
    Shóūri's Avatar
    Status
    Shóūri is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Happy And Peaceful.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    Lmao.... Some Sasuke Fapboy got butthurt by this thread and gave it 1 star....
     
         

  19. #19
    member Totsuka gg Amaterasu gg's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka gg Amaterasu gg is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke - Egotistical and Selfish?

    haven't read
    it's obvious
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •