Page 9 of 9 « First ... 56789
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: Shikamaru and kakshia would fail at hokage

I understand strength is an IMPORTANT thing but I don't see why strength is important to be a Kage.
    You pointed out that as a Kage you'd be the main target, as a main target you'd probably be assassinated not straigt out confronted, assassination generally happens at night with poison or a dagger to the back. Even if you were a STRONG [Powerwise] Hokage, you're still going to die if you get assassinated in your sleep. You have watches and gaurds. As a kage your meant to lead, as I agree with you that Nara don't have the ability to lead, the way a Kage leads is MUCH different then leading into fights. They lead as a Role Model, role models do not have to be strong if the rest of the village is. Tsunade was the last line of deffence but she probably could have taken 3 of the paths of pein even before they reached the village along with her but 3 or 4 other people could have killed pein and thus the village = safe. Disagree with this if you'd like.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Chakan - The Hokage is the last line of deffense, we've seen this in the attack against Konoha Orochimaru and Sarutobi, and again in the Pein arc with Tsunade. Both were in Konoha at the time of the attack. They BOTH could have done the same thing if they wen't out and confronted the people and done even more if they had a assembled squad with them. As we know, intelegence isn't a part of ALL Countries, as Hanzo was DIRECTLY on the battlefeild during the Ninja War we witnessed scenes of. Hanzo was then killed by Pein, thus not taking any Intelegence. The country of rain is VERY weak and was ALWAYS weak thus the Ninja couldn't protect against Pein.

Leaders even as a target can hide and continue doing things, we've seen this in our OWN history AND in the Naruto History as well. [Orochimaru hid, so did hitler, they did it successfully.] Hiding your leader IS an option, and as I said as a Hokage you're ALREADY at the village which is behind your lines of Ninja attacking. [This is consistant during a Ninja war.]

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

[And also during a "Peaceful" time period when ninja are on missions they're still doing a defense run however its more like scouting.]

Shikamaru MAY not be the strongest but he is VERY intelegent [I'm not talking about IQ scores either] and he uses his Intelegence AS a weapon. [We've seen this from him whilst fighting Hidan and using Hidans personality against Kakuzu in order to make him stab himself.]

Alas Hidan is NOT a Pein or Madara but no Ninja in Konoha has the potential to stand up to them in a one on one and walk away unscathed. [Naruto fighting Pein was bad writing though this discussion doensn't belong here.]

I know I'm being stubborn about this, and I'm not saying Shikamaru SHOULD be Hokage, but what Konoha needs most to strive and be an amazing city again is a leader with knowledge on how to waste minimal resources. Thus a Smarter leader not a strong one.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Sasuke will come back to the Leaf Village

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpism View Post
    Chakan - The Hokage is the last line of deffense, we've seen this in the attack against Konoha Orochimaru and Sarutobi, and again in the Pein arc with Tsunade. Both were in Konoha at the time of the attack. They BOTH could have done the same thing if they wen't out and confronted the people and done even more if they had a assembled squad with them. As we know, intelegence isn't a part of ALL Countries, as Hanzo was DIRECTLY on the battlefeild during the Ninja War we witnessed scenes of. Hanzo was then killed by Pein, thus not taking any Intelegence. The country of rain is VERY weak and was ALWAYS weak thus the Ninja couldn't protect against Pein.

Leaders even as a target can hide and continue doing things, we've seen this in our OWN history AND in the Naruto History as well. [Orochimaru hid, so did hitler, they did it successfully.] Hiding your leader IS an option, and as I said as a Hokage you're ALREADY at the village which is behind your lines of Ninja attacking. [This is consistant during a Ninja war.]
    Well, just to make it clear, i say kakashi just because from what i feel from narutoverse, but if i had to choose between Shikamaru and kakashi, then i would go with Shikamaru, because there would be no more missions for kakashi as hokage. :P

Page 9 of 9 « First ... 56789