Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Chronicles of the Ninja World V

Chapter 5

The mist of Kiri clouds everything from the main village to the forest training grounds on the outskirts. Southward of the village, the dark forest of Kiri laid still and silent, only to be disturbed by the quick crushing of grass under the feet of masked shinobi darting through it. Behind tress the scoped the area and just like the forest, they became still.

The metal piercing the skin of one of the shinobi was silent, but his final cry was not. The cry, followed by the thud on the ground alerted the other shinobi to their fallen comrade, however, their diverted attention only proved to be soften their guard as they each fell one by one just after their comrade. Kunai flying to base of the neck and the back, hitting the spine, the slitting of the larynx, stabbed through the heart from behind, and stabbed in the liver from below, each shinobi fell like a rock to their assailant. The shadow of a small Kiri shinobi lurking within the mist of the forest appeared as he gazed at each of his opponents before striking them down.

One left, thought the small young shinobi as he spotted the last of his victims. Fading into the mist, he approached the shinobi from atop the trees and launched one final kunai to strike the shinobi in the back of the head. The shinobi cried out and fell to the ground, however he disperses into water.

“Another fake?!” The shinobi was said surprised

“Damn right!” The voice of another shinobi rang behind the short white haired shinobi, startling the child. “Jyuuken!”
    Gabriel was launched out of the tree, heading downwards with his arms crossed, having blocked the impact from his red haired opponent. Gabriel regained his composure allowing him to land sturdy on his feet and launch two kunai towards Renji as he descended downwards. Renji caught one of the kunai and used it to block the second incoming one and tossed it back at Gabriel who took refuge behind a tree.

As Renji landed, another kunai flew past him and Gabriel came out with a frontal assault. With another thrust of his palm, Renji proceeded to strike Gabriel, but just before making contact Gabriel dispersed in a cloud of smoke.

“Bushin no jutsu,” Renji said as he reactivated his Byakugan.
    The real Gabriel re-appeared from behind the tree, two kunai in hand, “Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Technique). The two small kunai turned into fuma shuriken and were launched by the 8 year old shinobi.

Without hesitation, Renji darted towards the large projectiles, “Kaiten (Rotation)!” He spun rapidly as he ran, releasing a large sphere of chakra which effortlessly repelled the shuriken. Renji’s speed left no room for Gabriel to get out of range. Renji launched his right palm towards Gabriel’s head. Gabriel ducked, only to find Renji’s left leg swinging around him. Gabriel bent backwards and placed his hands down to backflip away. Renji smiled as he halted his kick and placed it on the ground and slid it to strike Gabriel’s arms. Gabriel went air born and Renji lunged his palm again into Gabriel’s back, sending him flying and hitting a tree.
    Renji smiled, “My win little buddy.”

“Yeah…” Gabriel said as he picked himself up from the ground. Gabriel dusted himself off and walked over to Renji, “You were holding back though.”

“Well if I didn’t you probably wouldn’t be able to get up. But still, that was pretty good. You sure you’re only a genin?”

“Yes,” Gabriel said.

“Eh, give it time, I’m sure next time the chuunin exams come by you’ll fly right by. I know I did hehe.”

“And you’re content with that rank?”

“I’m due for a promotion any time now actually. A couple of my squad leaders said they were going to write me letters of recommendation for a promotion to jounin.”

“I see.”

“Well this was a fun work out, but I have to run. I’m meeting Munakata and Mystogan at the tavern for a drink, if you were older I’d ask you to join.”

“It’s fine, I’m heading to the hot springs anyway.”

“Very well, until next time!” Renji said just before poofing away in a cloud of smoke.
    Gabriel began to leave as well before he suddenly stopped, feeling an ominous presence within the forest. Not more than a moment passed before Gabriel shook it off and continued.

“Unimportant…” Gabriel said as he placed his hands together to make the tiger seal. He transformed into a slender young teenage woman with long white hair. He cleared his throat in order to reach a higher pitch, “Off to the springs,” Gabriel said as he proceeded back into the village.

Atop the trees overlooking the forest, a mass of Kikaichu beetles scurried through the crevasse and a red haired kunoichi baring a Kiri headband around her left shoulder sat swinging her legs as she watched Gabriel.

“humm, little bit of a pervert isn’t he.” The kunoichi said with a sigh. She turned her head back up into the sky, squinting futilely to try and see through the mist.

The waves of the sea splashed high against the rocky cliffs of the central island of the Water country. The tides from the traitorous seas were especially violent during mid-day. Just outside the watch tower a blue haired woman stood close to the edge of the cliff overlooking the vast sea. The wind currents blew as if god were trying to blow out a candle. The woman stepped back holding her hand to the side of her face to keep her hair from pressing to her face. The moist air sprinkled small drops of water onto her face.

“Guren!” The voice of a male shouted from behind the woman. Guren turned partially to face her comrade approaching her. “I’ve been looking all over for you, we need to get back to the tower.”

“I needed some fresh air.”

“You said that twenty minutes ago, what have you been doing out here all this time, and why did you decide to come here of all places?”

“Something didn’t feel right so I came to check it out.”

“Didn’t feel right, what do you mean?”

“I don’t know, I just began to get this really ominous feeling a little while ago.” Guren continued to stare out into sea, squinting her eyes and focusing intensely.

“You’re just being paranoid.”

“Shut up Rasnall, isn’t a shinobi supposed to trust their instincts?!” Guren says with rhetoric.

“Look, if anything or anybody got within half a kilo of this place from any side, we’d be the first to know. Not to mention the other watch towers in the vicinity, all of them overlap meaning nobody can even get to the harbors fortress without being detected.”

“Still—”

“A lot of good it does you to stand out her staring endlessly into the open sea. If you really feel this strongly about it, your best bet is to get back into the watch tower and help us monitor area, you know, our job!” Rasnall said irritably.

“Fine, whatever.” Guren punched Rasnall on the shoulder and passed by him heading back towards the tower. Rasnall shook his head and followed quickly behind her.

The tides of the sea continued to clash heavily at the base of the cliff. The vastness of the Water Country’s sea was extraordinary, spreading several kilometers over a seemingly endless amount of individual islands. One island however, remained outside the jurisdiction of the Land of Water just barely a kilometer away from the main island.

The main island’s harbor was faintly insight of two black cloaked shinobi. The two figures stared out at the island, with the orange haired making the first move as he started walking towards the beach of the island.

“ehhhhh, so we’re actually going now?” The other shinobi questioned. “Are you sure we should be heading through those rough storms?”

“Idiot!” the same shinobi spoke, however his second voice was raspier. The shinobi was split into two different personalities but shared a single form, rather unique form, possessing an odd venus flytrap like shape. Down the middle of his main body, he was split between black and white. “That’s why we have Ichigo.”

“Both of you shut up and come on. We need to do this swiftly and get into Kiri before they have time to react to us.”

“Fine, fine,” the white half the plant looking shinobi said.

Asura entered the Orochimaru’s office as three Anbu shinobi kneeled before him. “So how is it over there?” Orochimaru asked.

“The Daimyou linage changed regimes though there is no word on the state of their hidden village as of yet.”

“My, my first a drastic change in the weather and now a complete regime change? The past two years for the Land of Springs has been revolutionary hasn’t it, though I suppose I have you to thank for that Asura-kun?”

“My involvement was minimal, I only dug up the information that exposed the previous Daimyou. As far as the circulation of that information to the rightful heirs to the thrones and their neighbors and allies, that was all them, however, that’s not why I’m here Mizukage-sama.”

“Really?”

“It’s about the Akatsuki.”

Orochimaru’s smile turned into a frown immediately, “Leave us,” he ordered the Anbu. They disappeared immediately as Asura approached Orochimaru with a document.

“They’ve been spotted frequently in the past few weeks. They didn’t seem to be hiding their movements or intentions. However something else has brought me to believe their recent public displays are only rouses to hide what they’ve truly been up to.”

“What do you mean?”

“These past couple of years they’ve been idle. It wasn’t until two years ago they started being more conspicuous yet they never acted. Even now…however, what you have in front of you is what provokes my suspicion,” Orochimaru, looking at the document, clinched his fist and clinched his teeth in anger, “that they’re going to attack the five villages, starting with us.”

“Rasnall, Guren!” One of the shinobi from the outpost ran towards the two captains as they re-entered the main room of the tower, “We picked up two unknown chakra signatures in the detection barrier from the west and one is…”
    “is what?!”

“I don’t know how to explain it but it feels familiar somehow.”

Rasnall ran past Guren and the other soldier and to the peak of the tower outside. “Byakugan!” Rasnall activated his dojutsu and focused westward to the signatures of the two shinobi. Rasnall quickly located them less than 300 meters from the main island and he saw a large humanoid entity of chakra surrounding the two shinobi as they walked effortlessly on the sea, parting and blocking the waves. “That’s…” Rasnall’s eyes widened he immediately recognized the power of the shinobi, “Susanoo!”

To be Continued…

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bans won't hold me back.

Re: Chronicles of the Ninja World V

Great work

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!

I liked this chapter. A bit confusing in the beginning, but excellent nonetheless.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Quote Originally Posted by jquickhanz View Post
    Great work
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    I liked this chapter. A bit confusing in the beginning, but excellent nonetheless.
    And yes, I can understand how it can get confusing. I did what I did intentionally with the expectation that people could determine that the fallen bodies were clones yet simply unemphasized about their dispersion. Though I supposed I made too much of a physical description. Regardless thanks Lili-Chwan ^^

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*thumbs up* Good work!

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

.-. You found me, how did you find me?

Thanks

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunzi View Post
    .-. You found me, how did you find me?

Thanks
    I usually lurk these areas.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!

Lurk is such a great word lol

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

It's a worrisome word >_>

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like