Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Final Getsuga Tensho

One of the first things that came to mind when the whole Bachgetsu thing came to light was would Bachgetsu have to do with the FGT, why did they have to merge, and how would Isshin be able to do it, that is, if he actually did, his zanpakuto may have just been too uncooperative. I then rewatched the deicide episodes and came across this in the manga

Isshin specifically says your FGT. This means that either A. Every zanpakuto that can learn this, the "getsu's", has its own special version of the technique, or B. Isshin knew that his would be different because of his hollow and quincy powers, or maybe even both. Regardless, this seems to be a technique that has a massive drawback but unless Isshin lost his powers before, regained them, then lost them again, he didn't suffer the same drawbacks as Ichigo. However we've seen a technique in the series with a similar drawback.

Now, Ichigo being a quincy could possibly use this technique, except for the fact that Ichigo has no Sanrei glove. What the Sanrei glove does is essentially give the quincy more power by actually limiting it, the training they do allows them to obtain greater power. The quincy vollstanding is the evolution of letzt stil, which gives the user an ability called sklavlerai, something similar to the merging of Hichigo and Bachgetsu. Bachgetsu has limited Ichigo's power this whole time, and by letting it out, and then using Letzt Stil, he was able to reach a level of power unlike anything he had had before, but Ichigo had to accept his hollow/shinigami side first. It's important to note that when Ichigo used Mugetsu, he formed a sword out of reiatsu, rather than solid zanpakuto. I believe this to be the only time Ichigo used his quincy powers before recent events

When it actually comes to the whole losing powers thing this makes even more sense. When Uryu used the technique, he didn't lose his powers, he just couldn't access them, and Ryuken had to help by shooting him with a heilig pfleil, a quincy technique. Ichigo could never really access his shinigami power and only used what Bachgetsu allowed him to use. Ichigo had his power's restored via zanpakuto again, and again Bachgetsu was present to limit him. I think the conciousness of his quincy side is linked to his hollow and shinigami power, just as his parents are and as Ichigo has accepted him, he is able to assume dominance. Similar to Uryu being shot, the quincy reiatsu in Quilge's cage re-awoke his quincy powers.

This is just a theory and I'm fully aware there are holes but you never know with Kubo so give me your thoughts and ideas on it. Thanks for reading.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: The Final Getsuga Tensho

An interesting theory. I personally believe that Ishin knew Ichigo could use the FGT because he was already able to use GT, therefore it only makes sense that if Ichigo could use the regular GT than he could use the FGT as well. The fact that there zanpaktous, both being similar in names and abilities (zangetsu / engetsu. abilities: Getsuga tenshou.) mean that it's likely that Ichigo inherited shinigami powers very similar to his fathers because they are directly related (father and son).

In relation to your comparison between Ishida's Letz Stil ability and Ichigo's FGT. Although both powers have the same drawbacks, this doesn't necessarily mean they are the same ability. My interpretation of the FGT was that Ichigo poured every last bit of his actual shinigami / hollow powers into a single attack (Final Getsuga Tenshou) and released it. Now by pouring all this power into a single attack it was obvious that his powers would not return to him immediately.

What I'm trying to say is that although the abilities have the same drawbacks and are likely performed in the same way by harnessing all their quincy / hollow / shinigami powers into one attack and then releasing it, they are different techniques in the sense that Ishida's Letz Stil ability is a QUINCY ability, whereas Ichigo's FGT ability is predominantly Shinigami and Hollow ability.

Another reason I say this is because Ichigo only recently managed to activate Blut Vene which was only done because of his interaction with Quilge's jail where Juha Bach theorizes that Ichigo unleashed all of his reaitsu to the point where the Quincy powers at his very core were awakened. Therefore, it's likely that the Blut Vene is the first quincy ability to be used by Ichigo. With this being said, I have heard some theories about Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou being his own personal variation of a Quincy arrow which seem interesting.

Edit: My bad if it seems like I'm waffling but I was thinking of different things while typing this.

Last edited by kimbo; 06-18-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard

Some of your points are very well place guesses props for being creative and thinking outside the box. I also have had some suspicions of sorts abut a couple things.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    An interesting theory. I personally believe that Ishin knew Ichigo could use the FGT because he was already able to use GT, therefore it only makes sense that if Ichigo could use the regular GT than he could use the FGT as well. The fact that there zanpaktous, both being similar in names and abilities (zangetsu / engetsu. abilities: Getsuga tenshou.) mean that it's likely that Ichigo inherited shinigami powers very similar to his fathers because they are directly related (father and son).

In relation to your comparison between Ishida's Letz Stil ability and Ichigo's FGT. Although both powers have the same drawbacks, this doesn't necessarily mean they are the same ability. My interpretation of the FGT was that Ichigo poured every last bit of his actual shinigami / hollow powers into a single attack (Final Getsuga Tenshou) and released it. Now by pouring all this power into a single attack it was obvious that his powers would not return to him immediately.

What I'm trying to say is that although the abilities have the same drawbacks and are likely performed in the same way by harnessing all their quincy / hollow / shinigami powers into one attack and then releasing it, they are different techniques in the sense that Ishida's Letz Stil ability is a QUINCY ability, whereas Ichigo's FGT ability is predominantly Shinigami and Hollow ability.

Another reason I say this is because Ichigo only recently managed to activate Blut Vene which was only done because of his interaction with Quilge's jail where Juha Bach theorizes that Ichigo unleashed all of his reaitsu to the point where the Quincy powers at his very core were awakened. Therefore, it's likely that the Blut Vene is the first quincy ability to be used by Ichigo. With this being said, I have heard some theories about Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou being his own personal variation of a Quincy arrow which seem interesting.

Edit: My bad if it seems like I'm waffling but I was thinking of different things while typing this.
    , I waffled a lot more while writing this thread, don't worry about it. As much as I do see where you're coming from, and it makes sense that they would both be able to use FGT, but then what would Bachgetsu have to merge with Hichigo for Ichigo's specific FGT. Bachgetsu limited and controlled his zanpakuto power for all of his life so letting him use his ultimate zanpakuto technique without limit doesn't seem like him, I think he merged with Hichigo in order to let him use both his quincy powers and shinigami/hollow powers all in one go because that's the sort of power he needed to be a transcendent being. Through the hogyoku, Aizen became the pinnacle of both hollow and shinigami, so adding in quincy power to protect Ichigo makes sense.