Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

Due in part to its widespread use in industry, Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is involved in many environmental incidents each year. While most are unavoidable given current technology, there can be little doubt that the presence of DHMO in each significantly increases the negative impact to the environment.

Among the many commonly-sited DHMO-related environmental impacts are:
    • DHMO contributes to global warming and the "Greenhouse Effect", and is one of the so-called "greenhouse gasses."
    • DHMO is an "enabling component" of acid rain -- in the absence of sufficient quantities of DHMO, acid rain is not a problem.
    • DHMO is a causative agent in most instances of soil erosion -- sufficiently high levels of DHMO exacerbate the negative effects of soil erosion.
    • DHMO is present in high levels nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.
    • Measurable levels of DHMO have been verified in ice samples taken from both the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps.
    • Recent massive DHMO exposures have lead to the loss of life and destruction of property in California, the Mid-West, the Philippines, and a number of islands in the Caribbean, to name just a few.
    • Research has shown that significant levels of DHMO were found in the devastating Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004 which killed 230,000 in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and elsewhere, making it the deadliest tsunami in recorded history.
    • It is widely believed that the levee failures, flooding and the widespread destruction resulting from Hurricane Katrina along the U.S. Gulf Coast in 2005 were caused or exacerbated by excessive DHMO levels found in the Gulf of Mexico, along with other contributing factors.

In spite of the recent movement to ban unlawful dumping of hazardous chemicals into waterways in the U.S. and abroad, release of massive quantities of DHMO continues. Industry cannot be held accountable entirely because lawmakers are reluctant to pass legislation to make most forms of dumping of DHMO illegal. Reasons for this could include pressures from corporate leaders, industry lobbyists, and even vested foreign governments. This governmental inaction leading to nearly unregulated dumping may be one of the most overlooked environmental impacts of DHMO.

Meanwhile, federal (EPA) regulations are in place to make illegal the disposal of DHMO in landfills, including those licensed for hazardous waste. Regulations also stipulate that any DHMO appearing in a landfill must be removed. Judging from these laws it appears that the U.S. government recognizes the inherent danger DHMO poses to the environment, at least in certain circumstances.

The U.S. government refuses to ban the production, distribution, and use of DHMO. This inaction may be due to pressures from private interests and corporate-sponsored economists, among many, who predict a DHMO ban could produce disastrous results. Claims include damage to public health and the well-being of the U.S. and world economies.

Fortunately, some industry and governmental leaders are taking the initiative to inform and educate their employees in spite of what the U.S. government's official policy may be. Major employers, such as Sandia National Laboratories, a national security laboratory operated by the Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Co., for the U.S. Department of Energy, have begun notifying their workers of the DHMO issue. With efforts such as those at Sandia, the proliferation of DHMO may one day be minimized.

Equally encouraging is the support of environmental organizations, such as the Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand, an important force in the southern hemisphere promoting "ecological wisdom, social responsibility, appropriate decision-making and non-violence." Notably, a busy high-ranking Member of Parliament there supports a ban on DHMO. This welcome endorsement serves as a reminder to a pre-occupied world that fostering a widespread knowledge of DHMO is crucial.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

Re: Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

It's water everybody. Sorry i just ruined your joke.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itssupereffective

Oh yeah I remember when my science teacher told us to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide, even though I slept through that class even I wasn't dumb enough to sign it

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ice Devil Slayer | Sage of
    Roses | Worst of the 2012
    Generation

lol yes we should ban water.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

This is where he copied and pasted his information from...

http://www.dhmrg/environment.html

But yeah, what was the purpose of this? I'm not really laughing, it's an old joke.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanna be SWEET

Lmao, funny. I liked that athlete one.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    '

lol i fooled my biology teacher with it i asked if i could use it a a variable in an expariment and he's like are your crazy it might explode lol

Dihydrogenmonoxide = carbondioxide everyone knows that.......

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Ninja View Post
    lol i fooled my biology teacher with it i asked if i could use it a a variable in an expariment and he's like are your crazy it might explode lol

Dihydrogenmonoxide = carbondioxide everyone knows that.......
    Is that a joke...?

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    It's water everybody. Sorry i just ruined your joke.
    You are less fun than a bag of ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffy View Post
    Oh yeah I remember when my science teacher told us to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide, even though I slept through that class even I wasn't dumb enough to sign it
    Lucky, I never had something like that. I was just taught how to make nuclear bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldude View Post
    Lmao, funny. I liked that athlete one.
    Me too. It sucks knowing that you are addicted to a substance and will die without it... Maby we should invite the cybermen over to give us all upgrades.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Eating ramen with Naruto, Minato & Kushina at Ichiraku
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm leaving NB as my life in
    general is becoming a lot
    busier (especially uni T_T). I
    will miss the good and bad of
    NB for sure. So to everyone
    (including my haters), I wish
    you all live a happy life.
    Farewell! :)

I figured it out as soon as I saw the heading lol.

Dihydrogen = 2H
    Monoxide = O
    Dihydrogen Monoxide = H2O

Anyone who fell for such a joke is ... uhh... I'll leave it there :D

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

Quote Originally Posted by PTran5 View Post
    I figured it out as soon as I saw the heading lol.

Dihydrogen = 2H
    Monoxide = O
    Dihydrogen Monoxide = H2O

Anyone who fell for such a joke is ... uhh... I'll leave it there :D
    I can trick many people in real life with this. People on the internet are better informed.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawsuit View Post
    I can trick many people in real life with this. People on the internet are better informed.
    Knowing how dumb our congressmen are , im sure you might be able to get them to sign a law banning dihydrogen monixide. (as long as you could keep them talking about it in this name)

I can see it now. News reporter" Today congress banned a substance that is so lethal 100% of people exposed to it in their life wind up dying. We have brought in an expert today to explain what dyhydrogen monoxide is. Expert" People, its water.....congress banned water......"

Now in the fun of this

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we preserve our legacy
    while planting seeds for the
    future? Is it a dilemma, a
    challenge? Or are we simply
    unwilling or unequipped?

This is hilarious. This is why the uninformed and simple minded will always flock to conspiracy theories and things that have little factual basis and are based on the most outlandish implications. They see something like this and are like, "Gaiz we hav to ban wata be cuz thiz"

Get an education. The fact that people fall for this kind of sarcastic humor... -sigh-

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    Is that a joke...?
    obviously this is very serious stuff here..