Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a great guy

Genjutsu and Hidden Mist Jutsu

Users like Zabuza and Mei who have the Hidden Mist Jutsu are basically immune to Genjutsu.

With Hidden Mist Jutsu, it blinds the opponent so Genjutsu used by Doujutsu is useless.

Genjutsu that only requires the ninja to point at their target is useless because they can't see their target.

Genjutsu that requires hand seals to activate, that require you to see your opponent to channel your chakra into them, which is most Genjutsu is useless because you can't see your opponent, thus can't channel your chakra because you don't know where to channel it.

The only Genjutsu that could actually counter the Hidden Mist Jutsu is Sound Genjutsu, which has only been shown from two ninja throughout the whole series (very rare).

I can only see Genjutsu users like Itachi and Madara who are at the top 10 of all time being able to use Genjutsu in the mist, and that's because they are very fast. The chances of running into Genjutsu users like that are about 0%, thus extremely rare.

Genjutsu that can actually counter mist is so extremely rare that u can basically say ninja like Mei and Zabuza are 'immune' to it. When I say immune I mean basically they will never get affected by it.

BTW if you say that they could hit u with Genjutsu before you even start to fight, I mean, Zabuza is an assassin and was shown to always have the first move so he'd get the mist up first. Against other ninja, yeah it's possible they'd get hit with it first. But Zabuza is basically not getting affected by Genjutsu.

Thoughts?

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Genjutsu and Hidden Mist Jutsu

Very true, the Hidden Mist Jutsu is a very powerful jutsu. Despite only be ranked what, D? And for a good deal of shinobi, it's a great "set up" jutsu that will without a doubt allow them to control the battlefield.

And yeah, I agree with the genjutsu part. Visual genjutsu won't be effective against those who know this jutsu.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~ Orderint Dum Metuant ~

Is this another way of saying that Zabuza was painfully trolled in his battles with Kakashi?

Cuz if it is then I totally agree

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by AncientCenturion View Post
    Very true, the Hidden Mist Jutsu is a very powerful jutsu. Despite only be ranked what, D? And for a good deal of shinobi, it's a great "set up" jutsu that will without a doubt allow them to control the battlefield.

And yeah, I agree with the genjutsu part. Visual genjutsu won't be effective against those who know this jutsu.
    The whole part was Genjutsu haha. Not only Visual Genjutsu but all Genjutsu other than sound genjutsu can really have an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LIBRA View Post
    Is this another way of saying that Zabuza was painfully trolled in his battles with Kakashi?

Cuz if it is then I totally agree
    Yes, yes it is. Basically showing Taijutsu and Genjutsu isn't working against Zabuza. Basically the only way of beating him is Ninjutsu but he is very skilled at that too, having a 4.5/5 for it in the data book

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

assuming zabuza uses the hidden mist before his enemy makes a move . yeah id agree hidden mist over genjutsu .

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar9 View Post
    assuming zabuza uses the hidden mist before his enemy makes a move . yeah id agree hidden mist over genjutsu .
    Him being the best assassin, the chances of him not putting up the mist first is very, very low. I agree though

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.

Good point.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    No reply usually means I win

All I saw was Mei's name and I instantly agreed.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree with your premise but Itachi's hand seal speed is so fast that he can probably point at Mei or Zabuza right before they are able to execute the seals to put up the hidden mist. As for sound based genjutsu users go, Tayuya, Kabuto, Ma and Pa are capable of doing so. Ma and Pa are summons of Jiraiya, Naruto and Minato so in total, you have six genjutsu users who can execute it regardless of the hidden mist.

Anyway, the hidden mist is also a great counter to MS techniques such as amaterasu and kamui, at least temporarily.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by Icelerate View Post
    I agree with your premise but Itachi's hand seal speed is so fast that he can probably point at Mei or Zabuza right before they are able to execute the seals to put up the hidden mist. As for sound based genjutsu users go, Tayuya, Kabuto, Ma and Pa are capable of doing so. Ma and Pa are summons of Jiraiya, Naruto and Minato so in total, you have six genjutsu users who can execute it regardless of the hidden mist.

Anyway, the hidden mist is also a great counter to MS techniques such as amaterasu and kamui, at least temporarily.
    Dude I said users like Itachi could cast Genjutsu because of their speed! And yeah still 6 sound genjutsu users is still extremely rare. Most of the users u listed r already dead. Zabuza is just not getting hit by Genjutsu

Glad u agreed, also couldn't Kamui just suck up the mist?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I guess you could say that.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEyyy View Post
    Dude I said users like Itachi could cast Genjutsu because of their speed! And yeah still 6 sound genjutsu users is still extremely rare. Most of the users u listed r already dead. Zabuza is just not getting hit by Genjutsu

Glad u agreed, also couldn't Kamui just suck up the mist?
    Zabuza is dead too, your point?

Kamui could but first it would suck up the mist and then Kakashi will have to use another one quickly enough to kamui his target. It wouldn't be as easy as kamuing a person.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a great guy

Zabuza is dead too, your point?

Kamui could but first it would suck up the mist and then Kakashi will have to use another one quickly enough to kamui his target. It wouldn't be as easy as kamuing a person.
    Is Zabuza the only one who can use Hidden Mist Jutsu or can at least half of the whole Mist village use Hidden Mist Jutsu? There's way, way more users who can use mist then sound genjutsu

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEyyy View Post
    Is Zabuza the only one who can use Hidden Mist Jutsu or can at least half of the whole Mist village use Hidden Mist Jutsu? There's way, way more users who can use mist then sound genjutsu
    True but I thought this was a thread mainly tailored to Zabuza, not other mist shinobi.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a great guy

True but I thought this was a thread mainly tailored to Zabuza, not other mist shinobi.
    Nah this thread is mainly about the hidden mist in general but connects to Zabuza due to him having it and it being his main attack.

But we both agree on the same thing so we all good