Oct 2011
    Remorseful Madness

Awards Showcase

Tips for taking HQ Pictures!

Tips of taking good Pictures!
    (Using Cellphones)

INTRODUCTION.
    Hello Photographers. ^__^
    Since We now have a new contest in this forum I thought I'd lighten it up with some of the Tips that might help you take good Photographs.
    I've gathered up some really good tips which people will help you guys get excellent result of your photos and you can produce good entries for the contest as well.

1) Ignore everything written below.
    If following the steps below stops you from capturing a great moment, then take the picture. The technical and compositional minutiae do not matter. The most important thing in the world is that you take a picture that you will remember.

2) Clean the lens.
    Over time the camera lens can collect lint and create a blurred image. Just give it a good wipe with a clean cloth.

3) Keep your subject big and prominent.
    Fine details, such as leaves on trees at a distance, will be smeared out.

4)Light Your Subject Well
    The better lit your subject is the clearer your image is likely to be. If possible shoot outside or turn on lights when shooting inside. If you’re turning on lights in a room to add extra light to your shot be aware that artificial light impacts the color cast in your shots and you might want to experiment with white balance to fix it (see below).

Some cameras come with a built in flash or light – this can really lift a shot and add clarity to it, even if you’re shooting outside (in a sense it becomes a fill flash). If your camera doesn’t have a flash or light you should avoid shooting into bright lights as you’ll end up with subjects that are silhouetted.

5) Set the white balance,
    If your phone supports it. The human eye usually adjusts for lighting, and so white appears white in any kind of lighting. A camera, however, will see that a given subject is redder than normal under normal incandescent household lighting. Better camera phones will give you the option to adjust the camera for this. If you have such an option, use it. If you're not sure what setting to use, experiment.

6) Use your flash judiciously.
    If you find yourself using a flash because your whole scene is insufficiently lit, you're probably taking photographs indoors in poor light. Don't do this, and go back to the first step; a scene lit entirely by your flash will look un-natural, since on a camera phone it is not typically possible to aim the flash anything but directly ahead (i.e. you can't bounce it off ceilings or walls, as with dedicated flash guns for SLR cameras). On the other hand, a flash is a good option for filling in shadows in harsh sunlight.

7)Shoot at High Quality
    By default, many cameras aren't set to shoot in high-quality mode, and this is often true of cell phones too. Go into your camera settings and check to make sure you shooting at maximum resolution and that picture or image quality is set at the highest setting.

8) Make Use of Apps

There are tons of applications that can add effects to your photos or more control over your phone's camera. Android's stock camera application is good, but free apps like Camera360 offer access to more controls, like ISO sensitivity and timer. The iPhone, too, has a seemingly endless supply of camera apps that can jazz up your photos with fun effects.

9)Use the highest resolution possible on your camera phone
    Some phones allow you to choose what resolution you want to take photos at. It almost goes without saying (but we like to state the bleeding obvious) that the higher your resolution the clearer your shot will be. This is especially true for camera phones which often have sensors of under 1 megapixel in them. Keep in mind however that the higher the resolution the larger the file size of the images you take – this means if you want to send images they can end up taking a long time to send.

10) Avoid Using the Digital Zoom. As tempting as it might be to zoom in on your subject when taking your picture (if you have a zoom feature on your camera phone), if the zoom is a ‘digital zoom’ it will decrease the quality of your shot to use it (you’ll end up with a more pixelated shot)..

Plus you can always edit your shot later using photo editing software on your computer.

Of course some camera phones are beginning to hit the market with ‘optical zooms’ – these are fine to use as they don’t enlarge your subject by enlarging pixels.

11) Finally, take the picture.
    Keep your hand steady and support the base of your device as you press the shutter button. After you take the picture, keep the phone in position to allow the picture to be recorded. If you move immediately after pressing the shutter button, often times you will just get a blur!

I hope you liked the tips and have answered most of the questions that you might have had for bad photos. It doesn't matters what device you have, you just need the right requirements to fulfill your task. ^x^

If you have any questions or queries regarding the tips above or want to share/add something above then please Vm me I'll make the changes.

Last edited by Nocturne; 06-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    "Death, only the
    beginning it is..."

Awards Showcase

Re: Tips for taking HQ Pictures!

Good job! this will be useful!

Status
    May 2011
    With great power comes great
    responsibility and little
    happiness.

Thanks for the tips it helps.

Banned

Status
    May 2013
    This user has no status.

Why did you delete my post?
    It wasn't even Offtopic

OT: Good Job, really useful, still a Samsung Galaxy S4 is enough with it's 13MP

Status
    Oct 2011
    Remorseful Madness

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Human View Post
    Why did you delete my post?
    It wasn't even Offtopic

OT: Good Job, really useful, still a Samsung Galaxy S4 is enough with it's 13MP
    Even a S3 user would need all these tips to capture that perfect moment. ^__^
    But this is mostly for ones who don't have HD cameras.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has Godly status

Awards Showcase

thanks man !

Status
    May 2008
    "Death, only the
    beginning it is..."

Awards Showcase

btw, you should add the "3rds rule".

Status
    Oct 2011
    Remorseful Madness

Awards Showcase

Oh The Rule of Third, darn I forgot that. Will do ASAP.

Status
    Dec 2012
    The Assassin of The Wood

Awards Showcase

Awesome, I also did some of those things you've written in your tips before posting my pictures
    ^_^
    Nicely done!

Status
    Jul 2011
    VM me if you need training in
    the basic elements.

Awards Showcase

These tips are superb! Thank you so much although my cellphone is so shitty I doubt it would ever give me a clear picture .-.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Remorseful Madness

Awards Showcase

Follow tip 4 to minimize those annoying pixles...

The Holy Noodles Alice in Noodleland's Avatar

Status
    somebody that you used to know

Awards Showcase

May I add this one tip.

Always support the base of your device when taking pictures..