How do we preserve our legacy while planting seeds for the future? Is it a dilemma, a challenge? Or are we simply unwilling or unequipped?
The Blank Slates [RP]
“God” did exist. But not how humans perceived it. Religion was wrong. Science was wrong. “God” came down from the heavens, and imposed a new order on the world. Imagination manifested itself, and at the same time, nullification caused its equal and opposite destruction. In a hundred years, Earth changed more than it ever had in its entire billions of years of previous existence. After “God” left, a new world was born… along with new races of people… ones that transcended humanity … ones that fully embraced the powers bestowed upon them… and those that were caught, in between worlds…
This is Earth. Not the one of antiquity, nor the one of modernity. This world is one of opposites and greys. This RolePlay is of a free roam format. You can choose to battle, to engage in social activity, or feel free to advance your own character’s stories, among many other things. While there will be overarching themes and events, this RolePlay is intended to have high replayability and engagement. Making a character is not as simple as just having one; the best RolePlays have rich backstories and character interactions. Welcome to “The Blank Slates”!
Your character will be part of one of the three main factions/races on this New World.
Descendants of their ancestors who first saw “God”, humans remain grounded on Earth. The centuries long change, plus ongoing conflicts (social, political, economic, etc.) with The Observers, have scattered the remnants of the population to small, concentrated areas. City hubs, towns, and settlements exist. Human technology is still present, but on a smaller scale, and not reverted; basically, an “abridged” version of the modern world. “God” granted them a special power, though. It was the ability to manifest their imagination’s machinations as reality… to make things in their heads real, tangible objects. This allows them to be very versatile in combat, creating things out of convenience and necessity. However, such a power is limited to the life experiences and knowledge of its wielder. Humans prefer to wield firearms of their choice, molded to their personal liking through their powers.
-The Beings of Chaos: Radical offshoots of humanity, these humans have allowed their power to corrupt their sense of reality. They have uncontrollable and volatile powers and allow their imaginations to run wild. While still associated and allied with Humanity, they see that their ideology is one that should be followed; one of Observer genocide and radical reversion of Earth to its former state, all for the sake of humanity. While not every Being of Chaos strictly follows this dogma, it shapes their choices and actions.
The Observers were humans that transcended their former existence with the arrival of “God”. By choosing to sacrifice their human soul and being, they achieved biological immortality and semi-omnipotence. Their emotions and human qualities still exist, albeit on a much smaller magnitude, giving them a regal, almost alien demeanor. They have created a new culture that is distinct, yet familiar, such as having very formal, royal names. Living in sky high, futuristic, utopias, The Observers have begun venturing down to Earth, forming colonies and new settlements, engaging in terraforming and other activities, shaping the world to their choosing. The Observers have a singular ability; to nullify creations that are not of Observer origin. They can imbue their weapons with this “negation”, and prefer weapons of old, having dismissed firearms as “barbaric” and “low class”.
-The Guardians of Order: These are Observers who have taken their existence to the next level. By nearly completely discarding shackles that bind them to Earth, they become focused instruments of their overall objective; the creation of a New, Observer world. They are almost deity-like figures, and their power to nullify is nearly unequalled. They view any form of humanity as inferior and strive to push the well-being of the Observers forward.
“The Blank Slates”
“God’s” presence also created a third race. One caught in between worlds. The Blank Slates hold within them the blood of Humanity and Observer. This grants them powers of both races, although at a much weaker level than their respective individuals. They struggle to find their identity, finding solace in groups, sticking together, questing together. They form small communities. However, because of the very nature of their existence, they are valuable assets to both of the main factions. What does destiny hold for them? Or will they forge a path for themselves?
The Overall Objective:
“Pandora’s Box”,not the one of Greek Mythology, but aptly named because of its striking similarity When “God” created the Observers, he took their souls and human spirit, along with the powers of imagination and experiences, and sealed them away into this box-like structure. No one its whereabouts or what it looks like. However, each faction knows its abilities. The Observers and GoO want its power to completely seal away all of humanity’s souls, imagination, and spirit. This would cause a permanent conversion of all humanity into Observers, achieving their objective. Likewise, Humanity and the BoC want to release such power back into the world, restoring to the world to its state before “God” came and changed it. Both factions tire endlessly to find “Pandora’s Box”. The Blank Slates see it as a symbol of hope, in that they will be able to find the truth of their world, existence, and “God” by finding it.
Some rules about the universe players should know:
1. Characters on opposite factions can “convert” each other to the other side. This process is long and painful, and if you’re part of the radical versions of factions, you have a greater chance of success. Blank Slates are unable to convert others, but are the easiest to convert due to their dual nature. This makes them valuable assets should they be converted to one faction or the other.
2. Humans and BoC can convert the opposite side and Blank Slates by pouring in their powers of human imagination and soul into others. This causes an Observer to regain his/her lost qualities and slowly begin conversion back into a human. In the meantime, it is up to the humans/BoC to facilitate this process.
3. Likewise, Observers and GoO can “nullify” a Human or BoC, sucking out their soul and humanity. The process is the same as #2, just on the opposite side. Either way, it is long and painful, due to the conflict of two opposites fighting for control of the body.
4. Observers/GoO live in Sky Cities and are capable of flight, whether self-propelled or through vehicles. Humans and BoC have the advantage in oceanic and underground endeavors.
5. Being a free roam RP, this is intended to be a wide, expansive universe. Human cities are much like today’s modern cities, with elements of Steampunk and Victorian era. Their technology is much like ours, with Steampunk and Victorian stylistic flair. Of course, should a Human/BoC have descended from a certain culture (Asian, African, etc) they can choose to infuse that respective style into their weapons, etc. But remember, considering the new structure of the world, no countries exist on either side, merely cities, towns, settlements, etc. The main hubs of Humanity are: Tera (“Capital City”), Industria (Industrial/tech hub), with many smaller towns and settlements (feel free to create your own towns with other players)
6. Observers/GoO live in futuristic utopias; sterile, clean, etc. They are modern, sleek, regardless of where on Earth they live. Their “nullification” power also extends to converting non-Observer things, both living and nonliving, into modern, futuristic technology. Humans/BoC can counter this by “imagining” natural landscapes, etc. (details later) The capital city of the Observers is Zenithan, strong and centralized.
7. Blank Slates are mostly traveling nomads with small colonies and settlements. They have incredible communication lines with their fellow people.
8. Observers/GoO wield non-firearm weapons imbued with their power. Humans/BoC tend to favor firearms imbued with their power as well. Blank Slates have some flexibility. Fighting styles are variable!
9. How does a character increase their power? Well, Humans/BoC can increase their powers by living and going through experiences, expanding their minds with knowledge, etc. and converting the opposite factions. Observers/GoO increase their own power primarily through "nullifying" the world and its people. Blank Slates must either choose a side or work together amongst their own race.
10. One does not have to engage in combat. There are many activities, social, political, economic, etc.! Should you choose not to fight, no worries! The versatility of this RP is only limited by your creativity, and the rules of the universe! Hunt, create a guild, form relationships, forge a role in your respective society, rich backstories, etc.! Go forth!
General RP Rules:
1. NO GOD MODDING. Don’t need to explain this.
2. Fight fair. Don’t scare off anyone by being “unbeatable”. Sometimes, being weak helps character development.
3. Should a dispute arise, please notify a mod(s) (to be appointed) or Ausar, thread creator. Respect each other.
4. Have fun! “Main Events” will permeate every few hundred or so posts. Please follow them accordingly.
5. Respect the rules of the universe while creating something out of it!
6. You may have up to three characters!
Weapon (s) of choice:
Role in your respective society (doctor, soldier, politician, etc etc):
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like):
Some images to get an idea of the settings:
An Observer City
The Wide, Expansive world
Original idea created by Ausar; drawing from many sources of inspiration.
The following Players are Moderators for this thread:
Moxxi (Mod for the Observers faction)
Ririku (Mod for the Humans faction)
<< More moderator applications will open the further along we get in the thread. They will have specific areas of the RP to handle, such as a mod for battles, a mod for social interactions... etc. >>
When life gives you a bad day remember to look on the bright side of life
Re: The Blank Slates [RP]
Faction (s): The Blank Slates
Weapon (s) of choice: two double edged swords with dragon carvings on the scabbard
Role in your respective society (doctor, soldier, politician, etc etc): hunter (knows wild remedies and how to fight in hand to hand combat)
Appearance (optional): I will find one later
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like): when Draco's dad was a human and his Mom was an observer. Over time Draco found that he loved to hunt and had a vary active imagination. Sometimes it was a little to activate
Name: Pit (Monk Name is Gabriel)
Faction (s): Human
Weapon (s) of choice: Silver Bow
Role in your respective society: Nomadic Warrior Monk
Bio: Pit is a young man who got his ordained name from the "Arch Angel of Old". Pit/Gabriel was always a very bright and gifted individual. He seemed to have a deep connection with the world around him and often sought to gain a deeper understanding of said world. Pit/Gabriel is also gifted with a vivid imagination and was raised to be part of the Order of Angels. A secretive society of warrior monks that have made it their mission to protect Humanity from the Observers Regime. Pit/Gabriel set out into the world after being Ordained in order to fufill his mission statement and also gain insight and improve his own powers of imagination. Pit/Gabriel is an expert marksmen and also a fierce hand to hand combatant who wields a Silver Bow. The Bow disconnects in the middle to form two short swords that he can use.
Faction: The Black Slates
Weapons of choice: Twin daggers, dual katanas, and bow and arrow
Role in society: Unknown
Appearance: Long blue hair and dark blue eyes. She has a black bow in her hair to keep her hair pulled back. She wears a blue and black camisole, black shorts, and black boots. She wears black gloves that go up to her forearm with a dark blue ribbon wrapped around it for some odd reason.
Bio: Pyro is a shy teenage girl who tries to keep to herself. She barely talks and when she does, it isn't much that she says. When it comes to fighting, she is very skilled but chooses to be modest about it. Pyro was never much of a show off and she seems to never see her own potential.
Weapon (s) of choice: One fine, silver katana with a hilt wrapped in black and red threading. An arsenal of knives, poison knives, needles and poison needles. (And medical supplies.)
Role in your respective society (doctor, soldier, politician, etc etc): Field Med. (Medical)
Appearance (optional): Long, spiky, red hair tied up once with a black bow. Two bangs on both side of her face, both tips of her bangs are dyed black and run down to the middle of her cheek. She is brown, light-skinned with very obvious, bright green eyes and red eyeliner to make them stand out even more. She wears a very tight, black leather suit which her left pants leg is cut off very short, leaving her thigh bandaged and the rest of her leg exposed to view. A black cloak to match. She has the sleeves of her cloak cut short to resemble sleeves of a T-shirt and her right arm is bandaged up, leaving her hands and her left arm exposed to view. She keeps some of her utilities inside of her cloak (since she's medical and has to have them on her.) and her poisonous throwing knives on the side of each of her thighs. Her katana is located on her back. Her boots are very similar to an anbu kunoichi's boots from Naruto.
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like): All that is known about Nia is her role as a medical soldier, always caring and tending to the wounded in the time of war when she is not needed on the battlefield itself. She's a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant, always utilizing paralyzing needles and knives and dangerous toxins on her opponent.
Her number of kills come war time are ranking in the hundreds and she takes pleasure in beheading or chopping up her victim. Although she has the sweetest personality, during a time of battle she turns cynical and you do not want to be facing her one on one.
Last edited by Moxxi; 06-20-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Reason: Corrected spelling
Pyro walks around the wide, expansive world marveling at the beautiful nature around her. Every now and then she'd half to unsheath her katanas to slice a bit of debris out of the way but she was still rather happy.
I am a Shade, an X-Men, a Human, a Saiyan, a Growlithe, a God. I am Nextgen.
Re: The Blank Slates [RP]
Faction (s): human
Weapon (s) of choice: Bow and Arrow and sword
Role in your respective society: Tinkerer
Appearance:blond hair and blue jacket. Yellow pants
Bio: a boy fascinated with weapons and any advances in technology, he continually tinkers with any weapons he finds, no matter if it makes them better or worse.
Gabriel: *walks into the human slums of Neo City York* Ah... so much to do... so little time... but we have time... it is afterall... just the beginning! *Gabriel walks down the streets in his white cloak* (picture an assassin's hoodie from AC)
Pyro finally walks past the trees that take up almost all the space around her and she comes to a cliff. She walks to the very edge and sits there, looking off into the distance. Pyro can just barely see Neo City York from where she is. "Well that's one place I've never been before..." she whispers to herself.
Name: Joven Bastion
Faction (s): Human
Weapon (s) of choice: A multitude of guns (I don't know guns. Heh heh)
Role in your respective society (doctor, soldier, politician, etc etc): Doctor and soldier
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like): TBA
Faction (s): Human
Weapon (s) of choice: Varies
Role in your respective society (doctor, soldier, politician, etc etc): Free adventurer
Appearance (optional): Avi
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like): Just a kid who loves adventure
Pyro starts walking through the area full of trees and has no idea where she is heading. The trees were so thick that it was hard to see past them but she continued on anyway. "Hopefully I find some place soon..."
Name: Nathan Cielio
Faction (s): Human
Weapon (s) of choice: Desert Eagle
Role in your respective society (doctor, soldier, politician, etc etc): TBA
Appearance (optional): Short black messy hair,black hoodie,blue jeans
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like):TBA
Pyro stops and climbs a tree to the very top of it and looks around. "Okay.... So where is, Oh!" She can see Neo York City from the top of the tree. "There it is. Maybe I should just take the tree way so I can see..." Pyro starts to leap from tree to tree, slowly approaching the city.
Gabriel: *gives some credits (aka currency) to a small homeless child and continues on his way* Neo City York..... It's said that in it's place stood one of the Largest and most vibrant cities in the world... I wonder...
After leaping from countless trees, Pyro lands in Neo York City. "I guess this must be it.... I wonder what's all here..." Pyro slowly enters into the city and looks at the buildings and people that she passes without saying anything.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. - Bruce Lee
Re: The Blank Slates [RP]
Faction (s): human
Weapon (s) of choice: An Arsinal of weapons ( mainly swords and spears)/ the gate of babylon
Role in your respective society King of Tera
Bio (as brief, or as long as you’d like):..I am king.. *cough* that is all (lol :P )