Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 142
  1. #1
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    It's a simple question. I say, Yes!

    -Put your answer as "Yes" or "No", then say why.

    Also, since, Doflamingo won't stop chasing after, Law and Luffy until they're dead we're going to have a hard time moving on to the next arc, aren't we? I guess, Luffy has to end it in, Dressrosa, right?

    Be aware that, Luffy isn't a coward and he doesn't fight 2 VS 1
    Basically this means, he's not going to do this.

    Law +Luffy VS Doflamingo

    If you don't understand, Luffy's pride and honor as a fighter then you have a lot to learn about, One Piece!


    I want to put a thought out there for you guys to think about as well.
    Ace, was a pirate for 3 years until he died in the war. During 3 entire years he gained a bounty of 550,000,000Mil
    After the Time Skip, Luffy has been a pirate for, 3 years. How will he compare to, Ace who has been a pirate as long as he has?


    This is your prediction! Go for it!
     
         
    Last edited by Vampy; 06-20-2013 at 11:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Member azumaki naruto's Avatar
    Status
    azumaki naruto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    BA SING SE
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    i dont really know them... sorry.. its a NO...
     
         

  3. #3
    Member snipeshot11385's Avatar
    Status
    snipeshot11385 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blank
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Personally i think law will face doflamingo and get destroyed and then luffy will fight him and possibly BARELY come out on top, that would fit with the style of one piece in a way.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Blaze Arirut's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Arirut is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    People dies,so wht learn edo
    tensei & bring them back.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    one question:do u knw power of doflamingo?
    then only i can say whether or not luffy can single-handedly beat doflamingo aka Joker.
     
         

  5. #5
    ♣♠ Scrublord ♠♣ Hypemaster's Avatar
    Status
    Hypemaster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Inside the moon
    Posts
    9,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bans won't hold me back.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Yeah we still haven't seen much of doflamingo's power yet, he's been toying around alot. Can't give a definitive answer, but my guess goes to doflamingo for now
     
         

  6. #6
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypemaster View Post
    Yeah we still haven't seen much of doflamingo's power yet, he's been toying around alot. Can't give a definitive answer, but my guess goes to doflamingo for now
    Yeah, the same can be said about almost all the bosses of the arcs before, Dressrosa right? Luffy, beat all their asses.
     
         

  7. #7
    GOL.D.ACE
    Status
    portgas d luffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Who knows? i'm not even sure myself.
    Posts
    1,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a drag...
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    i dont think so
     
         

  8. #8
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    there's a difference between 'Can' and 'will'.

    logical speaking, I don't see Luffy on Doflamingo's level yet. however, as the story progress, he might eventually beat him, depending on how Oda chooses to run the power levels.
    Oda, has made things pretty clear actually.
    He has shown us that, Luffy has been holding back during the entire TS.
    He has shown us that, Law struggled a bit with, Smoker whom, Doflamingo took out instantly.

    Here's a fact.
    We don't know the full extent of, Luffy and Doflamingo's strength.
     
         

  9. #9
    oath ziggyZ's Avatar
    Status
    ziggyZ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    back of your mind
    Posts
    7,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg
     



    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    No.

    Seeing as Doffy man-handled Smoker who should be almost as strong as Luffy, I think he can't win. Furthermore, Law (a man who I think is on par with Luffy) is terrified of fighting Doffy, hence my decision. And lastly, if I we go by Tiers, Doffy is a Top TIER whereas Luffy is a High TIER.
    This all emphasizes my decision.
     
         

  10. #10
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    5,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Nah I don't think so. Luffy is like Smoker level, he's above him but not by much, and we all saw hoe Dofla beat Smo-yan, so yeah to me Luffy doesn't have uch of a chane unless this time he decides to fight with someone beside him like Law which is unlikely.

    Now to your argument on he beat all the bosses before, well Croco-boy did beat his ass twice until Luffy found out his weakness, against Lucci, well I'll say that win was more of a nakama power than anything, because Usopp was there telling him to get the f*ck up. Against Moria, well Moria was just weak and when he became that big it was over for him, he lost agaisnt magellan, he lost in the war of the best, so yeah, he became very strong, but I still think he below Dofla for now, and has little chance of winning.
     
         

  11. #11
    oath ziggyZ's Avatar
    Status
    ziggyZ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    back of your mind
    Posts
    7,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg
     



    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmrasengan View Post
    Nah I don't think so. Luffy is like Smoker level, he's above him but not by much, and we all saw hoe Dofla beat Smo-yan, so yeah to me Luffy doesn't have uch of a chane unless this time he decides to fight with someone beside him like Law which is unlikely.

    Now to your argument on he beat all the bosses before, well Croco-boy did beat his ass twice until Luffy found out his weakness, against Lucci, well I'll say that win was more of a nakama power than anything, because Usopp was there telling him to get the f*ck up. Against Moria, well Moria was just weak and when he became that big it was over for him, he lost agaisnt magellan, he lost in the war of the best, so yeah, he became very strong, but I still think he below Dofla for now, and has little chance of winning.
    Lucci also opened a can of whoop-ass on him @W7.
     
         

  12. #12
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmrasengan View Post
    Nah I don't think so. Luffy is like Smoker level, he's above him but not by much, and we all saw hoe Dofla beat Smo-yan, so yeah to me Luffy doesn't have uch of a chane unless this time he decides to fight with someone beside him like Law which is unlikely.

    Now to your argument on he beat all the bosses before, well Croco-boy did beat his ass twice until Luffy found out his weakness, against Lucci, well I'll say that win was more of a nakama power than anything, because Usopp was there telling him to get the f*ck up. Against Moria, well Moria was just weak and when he became that big it was over for him, he lost agaisnt magellan, he lost in the war of the best, so yeah, he became very strong, but I still think he below Dofla for now, and has little chance of winning.
    You just pointed at an area where, Luffy's strength is compared to, Smokers when you haven't seen, Luffy's full strength. You do realize that right?
    Actually, where their strength levels are compared to each others are a complete mystery yet you base all of your answer to that?
     
         

  13. #13
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    5,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyZ View Post
    Lucci also opened a can of whoop-ass on him @W7.
    Yeah, that too.

    @Vampy: We also haven't seen Smoker's full strength, or Dofla's. It wouldn't made sense for Luffy to be way above VA level like you want him to be.
     
         
    Last edited by kmrasengan; 06-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.

  14. #14
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmrasengan View Post
    Yeah, that too.

    @Vampy: We also haven't seen Smoker's full strength, or Dofla's. It wouldn't made sense for Luffy to be way above VA level like you want him to be.
    Actually, you don't know if, Oda made, Luffy at VA or Admiral. Do you?
     
         

  15. #15
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    5,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    Actually, you don't know if, Oda made, Luffy at VA or Admiral. Do you?
    Well it's the same case for you, so the only thing we have to do is wait, I have my opinion you have yours, let's wait and see. But by your logic I could say sine we haven't seen Zoro fighting serious then he can be above VA level too.
     
         

  16. #16
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by kmrasengan View Post
    Well it's the same case for you, so the only thing we have to do is wait, I have my opinion you have yours, let's wait and see. But by your logic I could say sine we haven't seen Zoro fighting serious then he can be above VA level too.
    I base the majority of my logic on, Luffy being the main protagonist.
    I also pay attention to small details of one piece and read/watch the same chapters/episodes over and over again. As far as I'm concerned I got some top notch analysis in my head.

    One thing you guys should pay attention to is when, Luffy was fighting, Caesar.
    Caesar, pulled out a move that everyone had thought, Killed, Luffy. Franky, asked "Just how fast can he actually move?(Luffy's speed)" Smoker, Tashigi, Robin, Caesar and Franky all thought he was dead because they didn't even see the high speed in which, Luffy moved. He moved so fast that they couldn't see it.
    It was an attack that, Luffy didn't expect and he had no choice but to stop holding back and use his top speed, or was it even his top speed? This is another reason to say, Luffy's full strength is a complete mystery.

    If, Luffy can move so fast that even smoker can't see it then that means, Luffy is on an entirely different level than, Smoker.
     
         
    Last edited by Vampy; 06-20-2013 at 01:35 PM.

  17. #17
    Krabby Patty Javaweb's Avatar
    Status
    Javaweb is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Broken Palace
    Posts
    3,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    ReThink Your Life!!!!!
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    I don't know why you guys are doubting Luffy. Luffy WILL DEFINTELY WIN. He been training for two years and you think Oda will make him get beaten NOW. Probably he might have to fight Doflamigo like 1 or 2 times but he will win because he's the man that would become the pirate king
     
         

  18. #18
    -Takasugi-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Takasugi- is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    10,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low-Key
     



    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    luffy will beat doflamingo but I think currently now doflamingo smacks luffy mid/high diff
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    To you guys who are talking about Luffy and Zoro being above VA level, what do you guys really mean? VAs aren't exactly evenly strong. There are those like Momonga and Onigumo, then Smoker, then Vergo, and of course guys like Garp and the next successors to becoming and Admiral. Saying that Luffy and Zoro are above VA level means that they are Admiral level, which they obviously aren't. Luffy is imo high-VA, Zoro is probably around the same level of Smoker, a little bit lower, in other words mid-VA.
     
         

  20. #20
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    To you guys who are talking about Luffy and Zoro being above VA level, what do you guys really mean? VAs aren't exactly evenly strong. There are those like Momonga and Onigumo, then Smoker, then Vergo, and of course guys like Garp and the next successors to becoming and Admiral. Saying that Luffy and Zoro are above VA level means that they are Admiral level, which they obviously aren't. Luffy is imo high-VA, Zoro is probably around the same level of Smoker, a little bit lower, in other words mid-VA.
    Do you realize that, Admirals don't stay at the same strength? They reach higher levels. That pretty much means that there can be Low, Mid, High level admiral. So yeah, of course a high level admiral can usually beat a low level admiral.

    If, Momonga who is a high level VA were so strong, he should have been able to handle, Luffy at the war. He tried but barely scratched him and then two other high level VA's ganged up on him. Lucci, was pretty much around VA level. Now we're at a TS. Luffy, has pretty much caught up to his brother. Both of them have been pirates for 3 years but, Ace's time ended. Luffy, trained for 2 years. Training is more efficient than traveling the sea's and beating strong enemies because instead of traveling and stopping in towns and all that crap you're constantly training about 18 hours a day.

    Zoro, always surpasses, Luffy's old bounty as shown in the story. He's definitely around High VA level or maybe even above it. As far as we know he could be even stronger than, Luffy. If, Zoro does indeed make it to green bit in time before, Fujitora can attack, Law you know how it will go down. Law VS Doflamingo and Zoro VS Fujitora. Fujitora, is a swordsmen by the way.

    And why mention, Garp? It's obvious that he's far surpassed marines levels. He's at a Yonko's level. That's above all shitty marines. He was offered a an admiral seat but he turned it down. Luffy, proved during the PH arc that he's on an entirely different level than, Smoker who's about mid VA level.
    Anyways, the admirals aren't the ones who are significant. The significant ones are Fleet admiral Akainu and the 4 emperors and their underlings. Also, when, Luffy beats, Doflamingo he will undoubtedly be admiral level.
     
         
    Last edited by Vampy; 06-20-2013 at 11:34 PM.

  21. #21
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    Do you realize that, Admirals don't stay at the same strength? They reach higher levels. That pretty much means that there can be Low, Mid, High level admiral. So yeah, of course a high level admiral can usually beat a low level admiral.

    If, Momonga who is a high level VA were so strong, he should have been able to handle, Luffy at the war. He tried but barely scratched him and then two other high level VA's ganged up on him. Lucci, was pretty much around VA level. Now we're at a TS. Luffy, has pretty much caught up to his brother. Both of them have been pirates for 3 years but, Ace's time ended. Luffy, trained for 2 years. Training is more efficient than traveling the sea's and beating strong enemies because instead of traveling and stopping in towns and all that crap you're constantly training about 18 hours a day.

    Zoro, always surpasses, Luffy's old bounty as shown in the story. He's definitely around High VA level or maybe even above it. As far as we know he could be even stronger than, Luffy. If, Zoro does indeed make it to green bit in time before, Fujitora can attack, Law you know how it will go down. Law VS Doflamingo and Zoro VS Fujitora. Fujitora, is a swordsmen by the way.

    And why mention, Garp? It's obvious that he's far surpassed marines levels. He's at a Yonko's level. That's above all shitty marines. He was offered a an admiral seat but he turned it down. Luffy, proved during the PH arc that he's on an entirely different level than, Smoker who's about mid VA level.
    Anyways, the admirals aren't the ones who are significant. The significant ones are Fleet admiral Akainu and the 4 emperors and their underlings. Also, when, Luffy beats, Doflamingo he will undoubtedly be admiral level.
    You're not understanding me. I'm saying that being above VAs is a very vague term. Sure, Luffy is stronger than Smoker and Vergo, but he's in no way stronger than Garp, he's in no way stronger than Fujitora(before he got promoted). Luffy is not above VA level until he actually beats someone that are higher up than that. Being Admiral level worthy is a whole different subject. As long as guys like Garp keep their VA title, it stretches their level out, making it impossible to say Luffy is above VA level yet.
     
         

  22. #22
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    You're not understanding me. I'm saying that being above VAs is a very vague term. Sure, Luffy is stronger than Smoker and Vergo, but he's in no way stronger than Garp, he's in no way stronger than Fujitora(before he got promoted). Luffy is not above VA level until he actually beats someone that are higher up than that. Being Admiral level worthy is a whole different subject. As long as guys like Garp keep their VA title, it stretches their level out, making it impossible to say Luffy is above VA level yet.
    I can agree with you about him not being officially at admiral level since he hasn't proved it by us seeing it.
    But if you're going to keep going on about, Garp who could have been promoted then you're asking for it.

    Garp, isn't Vice Admiral level, that's just the rank he has. We're talking about strength and common sense tells you that, Garp is far above admiral and fleet admiral level.
    He shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation. At the same time he's not a marine anymore so that means he's not a VA anymore. Even if he was it doesn't stretch a damn thing. Garp, is at a pirate kings level and that's that.

    If you keep saying that, Garp is VA level then basically, Kizaru, Akainu, Fujitora and Aokiji are VA level. That's pretty much what you're saying and we know that's not true. So yeah, take, Garp out of this.

    I stand by what I say that, Luffy's strength is at that of an Admirals now. I would say, Low Admiral.
     
         
    Last edited by Vampy; 06-21-2013 at 12:42 AM.

  23. #23
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    I can agree with you about him not being officially at admiral level since he hasn't proved it by us seeing it.
    But if you're going to keep going on about, Garp who could have been promoted then you're asking for it.

    Garp, isn't Vice Admiral level, that's just the rank he has. We're talking about strength and common sense tells you that, Garp is far above admiral and fleet admiral level.
    He shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation. At the same time he's not a marine anymore so that means he's not a VA anymore. Even if he was it doesn't stretch a damn thing. Garp, is at a pirate kings level and that's that.

    If you keep saying that, Garp is VA level then basically, Kizaru, Akainu, Fujitora and Aokiji are VA level. That's pretty much what you're saying and we know that's not true. So yeah, take, Garp out of this.

    I stand by what I say that, Luffy's strength is at that of an Admirals now. I would say, Low Admiral.
    I'm using Garp for reference, Princess. My point is that being a VA is a very wide term. You can be like Maynard who got knocked out by Bartolomeo easily(probably didn't know about his abilities), you can be like Smoker who can fight with Law and Luffy, but lose, you can be like Momonga, Onigumo, Diamante, Vergo and so on, or you can be one who's worthy of being an Admiral if a spot opens up. And everything in between.
     
         

  24. #24
    ...Mmmm~!?♥ Vampy's Avatar
    Status
    Vampy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your Pants
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morality is a delusion.
    Remember that when any of you
    speak to me.
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    I'm using Garp for reference, Princess. My point is that being a VA is a very wide term. You can be like Maynard who got knocked out by Bartolomeo easily(probably didn't know about his abilities), you can be like Smoker who can fight with Law and Luffy, but lose, you can be like Momonga, Onigumo, Diamante, Vergo and so on, or you can be one who's worthy of being an Admiral if a spot opens up. And everything in between.
    This just means you totally changed the conversation from strength to crap about ranks...
    Where would you rank, Luffy after he beats, Doflamingo?
    Also, you never answered the question to this post did you?
     
         
    Last edited by Vampy; 06-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.

  25. #25
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Can, Luffy Beat Doflamingo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    This just means you totally changed the conversation from strength to crap about ranks...
    Where would you rank, Luffy after he beats, Doflamingo?
    Also, you never answered the question to this post did you?
    That's the whole point. It's a rank. And many different people fall under that rank.

    My rank goes like this at the current time:

    Luffy
    Doflamingo
    Marco/maybe other 1st Mates
    Admirals
    Fleet Admiral
    Yonko

    So in other words, after this fight, Luffy would be slightly behind, maybe even tying with Marco, after defeating Doflamingo.

    In its essence, the thread is pretty stupid. Of course Luffy CAN defeat Doflamingo. Hody CAN also defeat Doflamingo, but that doesn't mean he will. I think Luffy will defeat Doflamingo and that is how he will progress, but I don't think he's at his level right now.
     
         

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •