View Poll Results: Danzou: good or bad?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good (always looking out for Konoha)

    15 78.95%
  • Bad (wanted to have power thus the eyes and experiments)

    4 21.05%
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    C/C++ Java parampam's Avatar
    Status
    parampam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    1,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Danzou... not that bad?

    I've just read the new chapter and it shows Danzou in a completely new light... it explains a lot about him, and about the rivalry with the third... so what dou you think?

    also... was that how Nidaime died? he went against those 20 ninjas and they killed him?
     
         
    Last edited by parampam; 02-04-2010 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #2
    ANBU Kakashi ANBUKAkashi's Avatar
    Status
    ANBUKAkashi is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    yeah that was cool you see how Nidaime died and Danzo flashback
     
         

  3. #3
    Member Ady's Avatar
    Status
    Ady is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brasov,Romania
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    that was an awesome chapter !!!!! one of the bet I've seen lately....I hated danzo 'till now, but now he got some + points to me...he had his methods but he wasn't really that bad...like orochimaru for example...
     
         

  4. #4
    Gatsndshanks's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsndshanks is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somewhere being stalked by Gobi
    Posts
    18,097
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stealing the show and your
    girlfriend.
     



    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    if thats how the nidaime died, im seriously disappointed
    everyone seems to be heroic, first 'killing' madara and ceasing control of the bijuu's....the third dying to save konoha from orochimaru....the fourth dying to seal the kyuubi in naruto and the fifth on the verge of dying because she protected konoha from pain
    Heck, even danzou did a better job in his little temp reign as hokage controlling the kage's mind and always had konoha's best interest at heart but getting killed in a weakened state by a lucky sasuke who is now targetting konoha =\
     
         

  5. #5
    Member Ady's Avatar
    Status
    Ady is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brasov,Romania
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsndshanks View Post
    if thats how the nidaime died, im seriously disappointed
    everyone seems to be heroic, first 'killing' madara and ceasing control of the bijuu's....the third dying to save konoha from orochimaru....the fourth dying to seal the kyuubi in naruto and the fifth on the verge of dying because she protected konoha from pain
    Heck, even danzou did a better job in his little temp reign as hokage controlling the kage's mind and always had konoha's best interest at heart but getting killed in a weakened state by a lucky sasuke who is now targetting konoha =\
    and don't forget jiraiya who would have been hokage too if he accepted....he died trying to stop akatsuki ! :D
     
         

  6. #6
    Rose-colored Path Shunsui's Avatar
    Status
    Shunsui is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Danzo looks quite awsome in his young age :D alot of fan art about to rush

    i never thought about him as a bad, he always tryed to help out Kanoha, he did it bad way, but..... its childish to take a risk and do things good way. it happends only in cartoons and movies, in reality everything is done like Danzo . R.I.P
     
         

  7. #7
    Member butoden's Avatar
    Status
    butoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Of course Danzou is evil... But he wasn't evil when he was young, the events that happened made him who he is today, much like you see with every bad guy in Naruto who died you see flashbacks on how they became the bad guys...
    He took Sharingans of dead Uchiha's and put them in his arm and eye and he experimented with the First's cells. That's gross and that's an inhuman thing to do. He became Hokage by saying that sympathizing with other countries was weak.
    In the end when he was dying he realised that what he did wasn't always good, it was his way of protecting the village, but he is too late in realising it.. I mean he is dying.. what good is it now? He is obviously afraid to sacrifice himself that's probably why he couldn't say 'Ill do it' but now he had no choice now and sealed himself with that jutsu because he had to protect the village. But if you look at it - if he didn't experiment on himself by taking all those Sharingans from the Uchiha's he wouldn't have need to sacrifice himself with some fancy jutsu in the first place.
    So don't say Danzou is a good guy after Sasuke defeated him. It's just because Sasuke does evil things that make Danzou look allright but it shouldn't...
     
         

  8. #8
    delicious and nutritious Mino's Avatar
    Status
    Mino is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    super top secret
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by butoden View Post
    Of course Danzou is evil... But he wasn't evil when he was young, the events that happened made him who he is today, much like you see with every bad guy in Naruto who died you see flashbacks on how they became the bad guys...
    He took Sharingans of dead Uchiha's and put them in his arm and eye and he experimented with the First's cells. That's gross and that's an inhuman thing to do. He became Hokage by saying that sympathizing with other countries was weak.
    In the end when he was dying he realised that what he did wasn't always good, it was his way of protecting the village, but he is too late in realising it.. I mean he is dying.. what good is it now? He is obviously afraid to sacrifice himself that's probably why he couldn't say 'Ill do it' but now he had no choice now and sealed himself with that jutsu because he had to protect the village. But if you look at it - if he didn't experiment on himself by taking all those Sharingans from the Uchiha's he wouldn't have need to sacrifice himself with some fancy jutsu in the first place.
    So don't say Danzou is a good guy after Sasuke defeated him. It's just because Sasuke does evil things that make Danzou look allright but it shouldn't...
    danzou is a good guy, with bad ways. well not exactly bad, but different. yes it was sick to experiment, but he did it for a cause and why should he not take the eyes of the uchias who wanted to overtake konoha? they were evil as heck and they got wiped out. I would certainly take those eyes if I had the chance. I bet you would too if you got them presented. he was afraid of sacrificeing himself, but he would do it. sasuke does not just do evil things, he is the embodiment of evil.
     
         

  9. #9
    Ranton Prodigy JDG's Avatar
    Status
    JDG is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dead Zone
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mino View Post
    danzou is a good guy, with bad ways. well not exactly bad, but different. yes it was sick to experiment, but he did it for a cause and why should he not take the eyes of the uchias who wanted to overtake konoha? they were evil as heck and they got wiped out. I would certainly take those eyes if I had the chance. I bet you would too if you got them presented. he was afraid of sacrificeing himself, but he would do it. sasuke does not just do evil things, he is the embodiment of evil.
    Word!
     
         

  10. #10
    Godaime Hokage Miggy69's Avatar
    Status
    Miggy69 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    6,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    jus chilling
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    danzou is not so much a bad guy but he is just willing 2 do any and everything 2 protect the village if it means killing dats not the rite approch so in my opinion he is bad cause if u trying 2 do good but have 2 kill 2 do that then your evil even if u have good intentions
     
         

  11. #11
    Member Kisuke Kakashi's Avatar
    Status
    Kisuke Kakashi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Danzou in my mind, has never been either good or bad. The world isn't just black and white, and Danzou has been a fine example of someone walking the line that is "morally grey", occasionally stepping into the light, and sometimes walking into the darkness.
     
         

  12. #12
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    15,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsndshanks View Post
    if thats how the nidaime died, im seriously disappointed
    everyone seems to be heroic, first 'killing' madara and ceasing control of the bijuu's....the third dying to save konoha from orochimaru....the fourth dying to seal the kyuubi in naruto and the fifth on the verge of dying because she protected konoha from pain
    Heck, even danzou did a better job in his little temp reign as hokage controlling the kage's mind and always had konoha's best interest at heart but getting killed in a weakened state by a lucky sasuke who is now targetting konoha =\


    I wish Kishi hasn't made Danzo have that Sharingarm and 1st Hokage's DNA. He was such a great character I think he should have just had his own awesome techniques. This death is actually one of the better deaths we seen in the manga though. Danzo was a great man.
     
         

  13. #13
    STONED IMMACULATE Taboo's Avatar
    Status
    Taboo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    wherever people say I am, thats where Im not
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Yeah, he probably aint bad, and in his head he had probably thought of him self as a good guy, but his methods are a unordinary to say at least.

    by the way, Kishi could have given more info in the beginning...
    and if thats the way the Second died, Im really dissapointed....
     
         

  14. #14
    Member Shibuki's Avatar
    Status
    Shibuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Danzou... not that bad?

    Danzou is not that bad but he is not that good either. I like how in this chapter we got a little flashback about his past.

    He realised that a lot of the things he did in the end were wrong but it was too late to make ammends. Since the start of the fight i was on Danzou side. I did not think he would win though.

    Danzou was doing lots of bad things but his intentions were meant to be good. As Kisuke Kakashi said he is neither black or white he is grey.

    I enjoyed the whole chapter though my hatred for sasuke has grown even more.

    The nidaime is always underestimated by people I am glad we sat him but from what I have seen peopel say on this forum it still is that way. We have no idea who those people were or their skills and abilties. He saved his comrades, why is that not honorable?
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •