Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has a status.

Raiton with Erzo

Thank you for taking me on, senpai!

*After traveling a considerable distance, Urasan and Saki found themselves along the Land of Lightning's border*

Urasan: Those are some dark clouds over in the distance, I wonder if they'll be coming our way?
    Saki: If they do, I hope it doesn't rain during our training. I just can't wait for our new senpai!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t trust people that
    don’t like Rock Lee.
    Too many FTs

Re: Raiton with Erzo

Quote Originally Posted by Pekoms View Post

Thank you for taking me on, senpai!

*After traveling a considerable distance, Urasan and Saki found themselves along the Land of Lightning's border*

Urasan: Those are some dark clouds over in the distance, I wonder if they'll be coming our way?
    Saki: If they do, I hope it doesn't rain during our training. I just can't wait for our new senpai!
    *Arrives late*

Yo! Sorry about that. Right then, you want to learn Lightning, right? How about starting with you telling me everything you know about the Lightning element.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has a status.

Saki: For starters, lightning techniques are commonly used by Kumohakure shinobi; they usually have affinities for it.
    Saki: From what we know, the Fourth Raikage and Copy Ninja Kakashi are both proficient users of it.

*Urasan, whilst taking a moment to focus his thoughts, looks at the incoming clouds still in the distance*

Urasan: Raiton is the generation of lightning by increasing the high frequency vibrations of one's chakra.
    Urasan: Aside from piercing damage and their generally fast speeds, Raiton jutsu commonly induce numbness.
    Saki: Some techniques go beyond simple numbness though and can paralyze an unsuspecting opponent.

*Saki, shifting his head to be next to his brother's, observes lightning bolts in the distance*

Saki: From our time in the academy, we memorized the elemental cycle; lightning beats earth, but loses to wind.
    Saki: The ground can easily be pierced and broken by lightening, but, wind is a natural electrical insulator.
    Urasan: Lightning can oftentimes be used in conjecture with water, increasing in power due to conductivity.
    Urasan: As such, it's fitting that the only known kekkei genkai to use lightening, Storm Release, also uses water.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t trust people that
    don’t like Rock Lee.
    Too many FTs

Quote Originally Posted by Pekoms View Post
    Saki: For starters, lightning techniques are commonly used by Kumohakure shinobi; they usually have affinities for it.
    Saki: From what we know, the Fourth Raikage and Copy Ninja Kakashi are both proficient users of it.

*Urasan, whilst taking a moment to focus his thoughts, looks at the incoming clouds still in the distance*

Urasan: Raiton is the generation of lightning by increasing the high frequency vibrations of one's chakra.
    Urasan: Aside from piercing damage and their generally fast speeds, Raiton jutsu commonly induce numbness.
    Saki: Some techniques go beyond simple numbness though and can paralyze an unsuspecting opponent.

*Saki, shifting his head to be next to his brother's, observes lightning bolts in the distance*

Saki: From our time in the academy, we memorized the elemental cycle; lightning beats earth, but loses to wind.
    Saki: The ground can easily be pierced and broken by lightening, but, wind is a natural electrical insulator.
    Urasan: Lightning can oftentimes be used in conjecture with water, increasing in power due to conductivity.
    Urasan: As such, it's fitting that the only known kekkei genkai to use lightening, Storm Release, also uses water.
    Good.

Lightning is weak against the Wind element because Wind is a good electrical insulator.

A-rank Lightning = S-rank Earth.
    A-rank Lightning > A-rank Earth and it'd continue towards the opponent at a weakened rank of B.

So for an Earth jutsu to cancel out a Lightning jutsu, it must be one rank higher.

As for weakness:

A-rank Wind = S-rank Lightning.
    A-rank Wind > A-rank Lightning, and the Wind would continue at a weakened rank of B.

Lightning is not strong nor weak against Water and Fire, and so, using lightning wouldn't be a valid way of defending against a Fire or water jutsu, since it'd go straight through it. (and the water would get electrocuted, dealing you more damage). Of course, this doesn't mean Lightning can't be used in a combination with both Fire and Water.

You've already explained how Lightning can be used to augment the power of Raiton jutsus, but you could also use it in combination with Fire jutsus because Lightning and Fire jutsus are known to just go straight through each other, which is why one is never used to defend against the other. Although, there is one A-ranked Fire jutsu which has a solid presence, so it behaves different, but your Fire teacher will explain that to you.

Ok, do you have any questions about this, or is there something you don't understand? Totally didn't c/p paste this from my other training. >.> <.<

_______

Sorry for my late reply. :/

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has a status.

Urasan: Hmph, I never really considered using katon and raiton in combinations. Thanks!
    Saki: I don't believe we have any questions. Senpai, you may proceed.