Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru

[FEAR] Idea's for NUNS4 Announced

If there are any Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Fans out there I am sure you would appreciate a thread like this. Basically here are some changes I want made to the game to allow for more dynamic gameplay by adding more mechanics and adding more options. let me know what you think as I plan to turn this into a petition which will be sent to CC2 after it get some signatures, but first I need to iron out some of the details.

With the new gen games coming out you will have alot more disc space to work with, as you will be using a Blue-ray instead of a regular dvd. If you didnt know DVDs hold a max space of up to 4.7 GB, twice as much if it is a dual layer disc. BlueRays on the other hand can hold up to 50GB, twice as much if it is dual layer. So theoritically speaking CC2 can add 10x as much content in NUNS4 for the next gen console than they could in the previous gen consoles, which is huge. Ofcourse they probably couldnt make that much content in just a years time, but given the man power they have they could do alot, and since the bare basics of the game is already handled for them, story mode, layout, settings, mechanics, all they really need to do is work on tweaking things and added more function and features, below are a few that I would suggest CC2 Add.

Added Jutsu

Added Jutsu's, this is an under statement. At the current rate what I am thinking is 10- 12 jutsu's for every element type. On top of this players should be able to use 2 jutsu's within a game as oppose to the 1 we can currently use. This could be accomplished by holding down the melee button, this ofcourse removes the charged jutsu but that was too niche anyways. This ties into the next subject.

Customizable Jutsu's

This will work the following way. For instance the 2nd Hokage is a water release user, and thus he would have the ability to chose between any of the water style techniques in a pre-game selection menu to use within the game. The same thing would work for all other ninja with KKG ninja like Hashirama having less jutsu the select from, perhap 5 - 6. This ties in with the next subject.

Jutsu Type's

Just like support types there will be 3 different type of jutsu. Range jutsu which are self explanatory, close range, and then defensive. We caught a glimpse of this in NUNSG with Yamato's Wooden shell jutsu or with Yagura's tilt jutsu. These new types of jutsu will allows users the chance to strategize there techniques to better counter there opponent. If your going against someone with alot of offensive capabilities then maybe your going to want to get 2 defensive jutsu's etc.. Ofcourse defensive jutsus will work differently, having a quicker animation, requiring users to time them properly in order to makeuse of them.

Leveling

This is going to work in 2 ways. Each ninja will have a skill that can be leveled, you gain levels for a ninja by winning games with them online and some by completing story mode. Skills are as mentioned. Each skill will have 3 tiers before maxing them out. When a ninja levels up he recieves 1 skill point to level up 1 tier on the skill of his chosing.

Hand Sign Speed - This corelates to how fast the ninja you are using can cast jutsu. tier 3, the lowest tier, means that using a jutsu requires a 3 second delay while you cast signs, tier 2 requires a 2 second delay, and tier 1 requires a 1 second delay. Ofcourse the timing changes for close/long or defensive jutsu. Defensive jutsu increase in duration per tier allowing users to not need to time it as well, close range techniques go from 2 seconds, to 1 second, .5 seconds. This will add an entirely new dynamic to the game.

Speed - Ninja simply moves slightly faster, at max tier it is equal to half the bonus speed granted by a speed boost pill. This also increase recovery speed and increasing duration of air reccveries making it easier, this also increases dash speed, but not jump speed.

Jutsu Level - This is major, each of the jutsu will have 3 tiers. The first tier will signifies the jutsu will be normal. The 2nd tier makes the jutsu faster in movement, and the 3rd widens its area slightly. Lets take a water dragon or fireball for instance. At tier 2 it will move faster requiring ninja respond faster in order to dodge it and at lvl 3 it will be slightly larger

Health - Self explanatory, makes your ninja have a larger health

Chakra - Self explanatory, gives you a larger chakra supply, each tier signifies enough chakra to do 1 additional chakra dash.

Substitution - I say we bring back needing to time substitutions as that was a required skill that set lesser players apart from better players. By upgrading this the duration given to use a substitution is increased by .2 seconds each tier.

Accesibility - People will be able to remove all skills and repick them at the cost of whatever the ingame currency is. That will allow players to constantly redo recreate there ninja in order to get the best results. And adds a dynamic to the game that will make each match different, you can be using the exact same players on the exact same level, but the cetain skills you chose to max out will make each match different.

Skill points - I was thinking there should be 9 maybe 10 maximum skill points. You dont want people to be able to max everything and actually want them to pick and chose which skill is important to them. And that is going to make the game more dynamic.

Attack Speed - Currently the attack speed is conskrewed, kisame vs rock lee is an unbearable matc just because rock lee is soo fast and kisame is soo slow. Ive never seen him played online, EVER, every one should have the same base attack speed with this increasing it slightly per tier. At max speed a ninjas attack speed should be about as fast as rock lee or neji if not slightly slower.

*These are the game style changes I highly recommend so far, ofcourse you can toy around with the numbers as you please in order to balance the game to you liking. But the thing I think this really does is add a dynamic to the game that better players can capitalize on, and set themselves apart from lesser players. In NunsG mostly all the mechanics were stripped from the game, especially with the added substitution bar, and the game was just too easy. The skill cap was pretty much non existent*

Enviromental Damage

Fans have been asking for this for a long time and I think NUNS4 is your chance to give it to them.

Increased Character Roster

Self-explanatory, here are a few ninja that should be added to the playable roster, AO, Choujiro, 7 Ninja Swords, Edo Kages, Sound 5, Anko, Izuna, Sage Kabuto, etc.

Support specials

Up on the joystick would be the instant awakening, down on it would be some other feature. Perhaps a taunt that if performed after subbing a attack or within range of your opponent would decrease there speed and damage for a short period of time? Or what I was thinking was that it could be a support ultimate. Perhaps I am doing too much and asking too much when I say this in light of what I have already asked for, and I am ok with no getting this. But perhaps when clicking down your support performs a special move, this would either have them come down and perform there awakening jutsu, or perhaps a lvl3 jutsu that would be hard to dodge, or even for certain supports a specialty jutsu, karin for instance would come down and heal you, tsuchikage would make you move faster for 10 seconds with his super lightweight boulder technique, Itachi would give you 2 free substitutes making you disapear into a clone whenever your hit, etc...

Dynamic substitutions

This is something people have wanted for a while. Substituting is far too bland, stuffed this, scroll that. What we need is clone substitutions. When your attacked you disapear away from the attack like normal while a clone of you is left turning into either water, earth, or smoke if a shadow clone. This should also be done in semi slow motion for effect, along with specialty clones, like an ink clone for killer B, or a steam clone for Han, or a wood clone for yamato, Madara and Hashirama.

Forget about story mode

I renegged on my comment about story mode and will be removing it, I spoke out of turn when I said that.

But at the same time I DO feel that this time around CC2 should focus more on the online/battle mode and less on the story mode, they need to make improvements to the core gameplay rather than dress it up by showing alot of cutscenes and button trigger events.

Let me know what you guys think of it!!
    AND FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST IDEAS OF YOUR OWN

Last edited by FearxDeath; 06-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.

KING OF KAKASHI FANS GrayParadise's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://i.imgur.com/RVusQpm.gif

Re: [FEAR] Idea's for NUNS4 Announced

There needs to be Konoha's full architecture (since the new hardware will allow for it), and Kimbo Slice NUNS4 dlc.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll get on NB when I can.

I like it

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

we still have dlc comin in for storm 3 enjoy that for awhile before cc2 rapes your wallet again

KING OF KAKASHI FANS GrayParadise's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://i.imgur.com/RVusQpm.gif

But to be honest, I don't like the concept of in-game leveling in a Naruto Storm Game.
    All characters should have default stats, and different versions of themselves with different move sets. Not leveling. That'll make it more of a chore for online play rather than pick up 'n play.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree with pretty much everything and to add on, for the outdated characters they need to be revamped. The Hokages need to be named, promptly the 1st and Second and with the recent feats in the manga by Hashirama, his moveset needs to be upgraded. Also, EMS Madara with PS Awakening.

Although, I disagree with your assertion that people play Halo only for MP and SP should be done for. That is wrong. The SP in Halo is one of the most memorable in history and is a driving force behind Halo and has been for years. It shouldn't be taken away from this series either. This game however should have a longer development time to improve everything to make up for the time spent on SP.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    California Show Me Love.

I like this. But what I would like to see is the ability to summon Shadow Clones that last for a set amount of time. And they actually fight unlike Itachi's useless clone

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teuchi solos your favorite
    character

Everyone from Konoha should get a new moveset IMO , the current ones have been there since storm 1 for the jounins and storm 2 for k11? apart from that new moveset for everyone in awakening mode and more ultimates , like the narutimate series.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    With the new gen games coming out you will have alot more disc space to work with, as you will be using a Blue-ray instead of a regular dvd.
    Welcome to 2006, Microsoft.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

Quote Originally Posted by GrayParadise View Post
    There needs to be Konoha's full architecture (since the new hardware will allow for it), and Kimbo Slice NUNS4 dlc.
    I believe CC2 have given enough time and effort to story mode, recreating the entire konoha structure just so people can walk around and enjoy the view is a cool idea, but I didnt pay 60 bucks to enjoy the view x__x, I would rather have a more developed online play.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayParadise View Post
    But to be honest, I don't like the concept of in-game leveling in a Naruto Storm Game.
    All characters should have default stats, and different versions of themselves with different move sets. Not leveling. That'll make it more of a chore for online play rather than pick up 'n play.
    It adds more dynamic to the game, adding more characters with different move sets doesnt do anything to improve online play, like at all. With a more dynamic play style the users bring something other than picking a character into the game and it adds a level of customization to the game. And your last comment "That'll make it more of a chore for online play rather than pick up 'n play." a pick up and play game refers to a game that requires little planning or real skill, you just pick it up and play it. My ideas add more depth and strategy to the game, so I dont see how mine is a pick up and play as oppose to yours? x__x

Sorry if I seemed argumentative, thats just my nature, i like your ideas as well, I would just like for CC2 to implement more depth to the game.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

Quote Originally Posted by elsepa View Post
    Everyone from Konoha should get a new moveset IMO , the current ones have been there since storm 1 for the jounins and storm 2 for k11? apart from that new moveset for everyone in awakening mode and more ultimates , like the narutimate series.
    I disagree with that, I dont mind a upgraded moveset but a completely new one would take too long and is kinda unneeded as the current moveset is good enough and represents the ninja well. Remember CC2 is a small company and only have about a year to make all changes, so they need to pick and chose which would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinn3gan View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything and to add on, for the outdated characters they need to be revamped. The Hokages need to be named, promptly the 1st and Second and with the recent feats in the manga by Hashirama, his moveset needs to be upgraded. Also, EMS Madara with PS Awakening.

Although, I disagree with your assertion that people play Halo only for MP and SP should be done for. That is wrong. The SP in Halo is one of the most memorable in history and is a driving force behind Halo and has been for years. It shouldn't be taken away from this series either. This game however should have a longer development time to improve everything to make up for the time spent on SP.
    I can agree with that, I seriously outspoke and after I typed that I knew I was wrong, but the concept still stands. Perhaps I should have used a different game as an analogy, street fighter for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shichikage77 View Post
    I like this. But what I would like to see is the ability to summon Shadow Clones that last for a set amount of time. And they actually fight unlike Itachi's useless clone
    That would take creatng a custom clone AI system that would have AI control the clone for you and then have it fight accordingly, not to mention introduce a new targetting system so that players can chose between the clone and the real player x__x,

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    California Show Me Love.

I disagree with that, I dont mind a upgraded moveset but a completely new one would take too long and is kinda unneeded as the current moveset is good enough and represents the ninja well. Remember CC2 is a small company and only have about a year to make all changes, so they need to pick and chose which would be best.

I can agree with that, I seriously outspoke and after I typed that I knew I was wrong, but the concept still stands. Perhaps I should have used a different game as an analogy, street fighter for instance.

That would take creatng a custom clone AI system that would have AI control the clone for you and then have it fight accordingly, not to mention introduce a new targetting system so that players can chose between the clone and the real player x__x,
    Well from what E3 said and the gossip I would guess with Next Gen tech they could do it.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I do understand what you are saying though, but it only depends on the game and its depth for its story. Naruto has a deep story which translates good to a SP story mode. Street fighter is an example in which SP is non-existent for the fans, so on that you are right.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teuchi solos your favorite
    character

I know that , still when your favorite character is not naruto/sasuke it gets very repetitive and boring.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

Quote Originally Posted by Shichikage77 View Post
    Well from what E3 said and the gossip I would guess with Next Gen tech they could do it.
    Ofcourse they could do it, I dont doubt that, the question is time. They got about 1 year before they have to release the next Naruto Game. And creating the kyubi boss battle in NUNS3 took them about 4 months to make, just to let you know how much time this stuff takes. And although I am not familiar with how long it would take to make an AI system, I do know that it doesnt take a day. It would more than likely take a few weeks not to mention it would have to be tweaked a few times so that the clone plays well, and then the targetting system on top of that, all this for 1 jutsu? Possible yes, would it be awesome YES, is it neccesary? come on son

Quote Originally Posted by Rinn3gan View Post
    I do understand what you are saying though, but it only depends on the game and its depth for its story. Naruto has a deep story which translates good to a SP story mode. Street fighter is an example in which SP is non-existent for the fans, so on that you are right.
    Ahha but how much story does one need. And at what point does one stop focusing on the story and start focusing on game play. To me NUNS3's story was great enough, there is no need for CC2 to spend most of next year making it even better when there online game play has been the same run of the mill stuff for the past 4 years with just newer characters with there own respective jutsu's and ultimates.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

Quote Originally Posted by elsepa View Post
    I know that , still when your favorite character is not naruto/sasuke it gets very repetitive and boring.
    LOL!!! yah I definatly agree with that, My favorite character is Kisame and he is borderline unplayable online just because his attack animation is so slow, your only option is to spam jutsu and since I am not a spammer I cant use him. Ill troll now and then and try him out and sometimes I win, but most of the time I dont, especially not against someone who knows what they are doing.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nb: a perfect example of what
    stupidity can do to something

yay changes

The Byakugan user of NB! Draegod's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Fatigue....

As in; If your opponent keeps spamming they get tired and the character takes a 2-3 sec break. This way, the opposing player can recover and counter attack.

And get rid of that retarded Cutseen BS for rasengan and chidori them. Or be fair and have EVERY CHARACTER JUTSU have a cutseen. Like the raikages using lariot should be a cutseen but isnt.

Chakra power up charge... When you spam rasengan the opponent always get knocked far back, the user then charg chakra and gain the chakra the just lost from using Rasengan -_____-.... Make the chakra charge slower when its already high, and faster when it is very low (under 20%). This way spamming jutsu's will be a mistake. And thsi would also force players to use jutsu's smarter instead of spaming.
    Or if you dont wanna do that, make every standard jutsu chakra drain take 65-70% of chakra, so that way they coulndt spam if they wanted to.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send me a friend request on
    PSN. Username - King_Neonian

I like the animation.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the animation.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the animation.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the animation.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wut

I just wanna say I do buy and play Halo for the story.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Orochimaru

lol ya, I renegged on my comment about story mode and will be removing it, I spoke out of turn when I said that.

But at the same time I DO feel that this time around CC2 should focus more on the online/battle mode and less on the story mode, they need to make improvements to the core gameplay rather than dress it up by showing alot of cutscenes and button trigger events.