Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Specify the Ban Reason

    When i say "specify" I mean go into deeper detail to tell someone why they were banned. Most of the time it saying "You have been banned for the following reason: Breaking Rules"
    That seems a bit vauge xD I think it'd be better if you actually qoute the post you got the infraction for, this gives people a peace of mind. Whenever I get banned, Im always wondering what I got banned for, cuz I'm just naturally curious. xD
    That's my opinion for now, love me for it
     
         

  2. #2
    xHoudinii's Avatar
    Status
    xHoudinii is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,370
    Location
    Australia
    Do I need to have one of
    these?
     

    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    Or just, you know. Don't get banned >_>
     
         

  3. #3
    Excālibur's Avatar
    Status
    Excālibur is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12,037
    Location
    Universe
    This user is awesome
     

    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    All right, Some Mods will specify for what you have been Banned for/Infracted.

    I think this is a good idea.

    And it will be your carelessness on not following the rules.
     
         

  4. #4
    [Legendary Member] Hunty's Avatar
    Status
    Hunty is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,692
    Location
    California.
    Hey you.
     



    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    Quote Originally Posted by xHoudinii View Post
    Or just, you know. Don't get banned >_>
    Right on the money.
     
         

  5. #5
    Who's the best?!! Zise is!! Lawliet's Avatar
    Status
    Lawliet is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,947
    Location
    ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ .
    Exactly. u_u
     



    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Prince View Post
    When i say "specify" I mean go into deeper detail to tell someone why they were banned. Most of the time it saying "You have been banned for the following reason: Breaking Rules"
    That seems a bit vauge xD I think it'd be better if you actually qoute the post you got the infraction for, this gives people a peace of mind. Whenever I get banned, Im always wondering what I got banned for, cuz I'm just naturally curious. xD
    That's my opinion for now, love me for it

    In the majority of cases you get sent a PM with the infraction that lead to your banning. In that PM the post you got infracted for is obvious.

    If you were straight out banned, then you should know what you did as drastic measures like that are only done in serious cases.
     
         

  6. #6
    [Legendary Member] Hunty's Avatar
    Status
    Hunty is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,692
    Location
    California.
    Hey you.
     



    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawliet View Post
    In the majority of cases you get sent a PM with the infraction that lead to your banning. In that PM the post you got infracted for is obvious.

    If you were straight out banned, then you should know what you did as drastic measures like that are only done in serious cases.
    Thanks, Lawliet . Couldn't have said it better myself.
     
         

  7. #7
    サラマンダ Lyke's Avatar
    Status
    Lyke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,418
    Location
    Germany
    f
     

    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    I got banned maybe.. 10 times and always because of Spam and Insulting.
    But if you get rebanned, you get a PM with the reason.
     
         

  8. #8
    The Adonis the big boss's Avatar
    Status
    the big boss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,271
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    i like plants. plants are
    asexual, and can reproduce by
    budding. dat photosynthesis.
    dat Plant reproductive
    morphology. dat flora.
     

    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    the narutobase bot doesn't have time for that.
     
         

  9. #9
    [Legendary Member] Hunty's Avatar
    Status
    Hunty is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,692
    Location
    California.
    Hey you.
     



    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyke View Post
    I got banned maybe.. 10 times and always because of Spam and Insulting.
    But if you get rebanned, you get a PM with the reason.
    So, being banned ten times gives you the insite to the Mods well-being of members bans reasons. I see, I see. Tell us more, oh banned one.
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned
    Status
    reizon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,091
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    i posted a link to porn site and got banned.!!

    thats one of the reason, if it helps.!!

     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawliet View Post
    In the majority of cases you get sent a PM with the infraction that lead to your banning. In that PM the post you got infracted for is obvious.

    If you were straight out banned, then you should know what you did as drastic measures like that are only done in serious cases.
    I mean, if you wake up and find out you're banned. Not after the ban
     
         

  12. #12
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18,669
    Location
    Jigoku
    Disturb the Remains... Leave
    none resting.
     



    Re: Specify the Ban Reason

    If you wake up and see that you are banned, you can see a message that says the reason why you are banned. Not following the rules is the generic one and that suffices because, guess what... you only get banned for not following the rules. A detailed explanation is not needed 99.9999% of the time. Nor is it productive to spend that much time detailling it. And that has been showed in this thread. Some people get banned 10 times and still make fun of it. So honestly, why does a detailed explanation of the reason become necessary when you are faced with such attitude? When the ban is lifted you can see the post and the details in the pm sent to you.

    Thread closed.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •