Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What is Obito's motivation?

A lot of people use to think that the motivation for Obito was weak, including myself. There seemingly wasn't any thing more to it then the emotional scars caused by Rin's death. Eventually Obito said and i might be paraphrasing, "if you think i just started this war only because of Rin you've got it all wrong." That line intrigued me. I thought we might actually get something more substantial then the popular theory that A lot of people made fun of. Calling him a hormonal teenager and on and on. I used to tell those people that someday soon we'll get a plausible reason, instead we got "no it's not!". Are you kidding me? But then again maybe someone out there went looking in space and beyond to find something. Who knows... Well if anyone of you interpreted anything or read anything i didn't, feel free to share.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: [b][size=10][color=#000099]What is Obito's motivation?[/color][/size][/b]

I was thinking the same thing about what he said about Rin

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmmm. Not sure, maybe Obito is simply crazy...

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.

Destroy the shinobi system that caused rins death.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the basic truth of human
    nature that Everybody Lies;
    the only variable is
    "About WHAT?"

Re: What is Obito's motivation?

He said to Kakashi,"It's because you let Rin die"....It was an situational read,and I interpreted it as;"I am doing this all because In this world,dreams,hopes and promises just shatter like nothing,it's hell"....

That what he meant.....

But id u consider or took that statement literally,then rejoice 'cause Kishi gave us the true maniac most people,excluding myself,always wanted.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    In order to make this world a
    better place you have to make
    your mind a better place.

he just realized what shit the world is and he wants to change it

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    He said to Kakashi,"It's because you let Rin die"....It was an situational read,and I interpreted it as;"I am doing this all because In this world,dreams,hopes and promises just shatter like nothing,it's hell"....

That what he meant.....

But id u consider or took that statement literally,then rejoice 'cause Kishi gave us the true maniac most people,excluding myself,always wanted.
    I took the comment Obito said face value. If there's subtext to be derived i haven't read Naruto enough. to me personally if feels like people around him asked him what Obito's motivation was and he disparaged the common theory. There's no other explanation other then no it's not because of Rin. But i again the reason i made the thread was to hear other peoples ideas or interpretations on this.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he thinks that the shinobi world is full of shit. Madara fed him some poison which aggravated all these thoughts and he became madaras follower

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kekerot View Post
    he just realized what shit the world is and he wants to change it
    So had Rin not died he wouldn't have realized it?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyshree View Post
    he thinks that the shinobi world is full of shit. Madara fed him some poison which aggravated all these thoughts and he became madaras follower
    That's a theory i could stick behind! I always thought Kishimoto should have used 5+ chapters doing exactly that. Obito was young, idealistic and most importantly malleable. I would have been seriously interesting. Maybe there's still time to do it? Even thought the obvious disdain Obito has for Madara would make justifiable if done wrong.

Last edited by KuroKaze; 07-04-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Merging Multiposts

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!

Here's the thing, Obito's flashback had him deal with a feeling of betrayal, hatred, disappointment, and many negative emotions. His best friend "kills" Rin despite promising to protect her at his "death bed" at the time. This is initially what enrages him enough to kill all those shinobi. But even before this, Zetsu was telling Obito just how great Madara's dream was: a world where you don't have to go through the horrors of real life but could instead live your greatest desires. Doesn't that sound really promising? Obito didn't act on it directly, as he still had the hidden leaf and his friends to look forward to. But after they shattered right before his very eyes, he decided that Madara's plan was the way to go.

His personal benefit off of the plan would be creating a world in which Rin is alive and well. However, it's believed that he still wants to create this paradise. Naruto fights off of hope that he can change the real world, while Obito wants to see material development by scratching this world ("I don't care about this world anymore...") and making a new one that he could govern. I think that's the gist of it anyways.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Here's the thing, Obito's flashback had him deal with a feeling of betrayal, hatred, disappointment, and many negative emotions. His best friend "kills" Rin despite promising to protect her at his "death bed" at the time. This is initially what enrages him enough to kill all those shinobi. But even before this, Zetsu was telling Obito just how great Madara's dream was: a world where you don't have to go through the horrors of real life but could instead live your greatest desires. Doesn't that sound really promising? Obito didn't act on it directly, as he still had the hidden leaf and his friends to look forward to. But after they shattered right before his very eyes, he decided that Madara's plan was the way to go.

His personal benefit off of the plan would be creating a world in which Rin is alive and well. However, it's believed that he still wants to create this paradise. Naruto fights off of hope that he can change the real world, while Obito wants to see material development by scratching this world ("I don't care about this world anymore...") and making a new one that he could govern. I think that's the gist of it anyways.
    Makes sense. Reading into some other events combined with the "official" explanation. Thanks for that man.

I drew dis Shiz \/\/\/ Dub Fool of Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably...

Idk what it is tbh. but he sure screwed up madara's motivations and goals. lol.

I drew dis Shiz \/\/\/ Dub Fool of Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably...

amd could someone please tell me how to get thid gif in my signature to show up as a gif and not a link? cheers

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

The other reason is that he wishes to change the shinobi world.

Of course Rin's death and the desire to remake her are both standing reasons and drives for why he views the world as wrong as well as why he wishes to change it.

So his alternate reason still technically revolves around Rin, but his desire is simply expanding upon it, and is being applied to everyone who's lost family/friends/or one sided loved one's ;p...couldn't resist mate!