Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Legendary Sage of Konoha's
    Series Finale will arrive in
    August!!

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [July 2013]

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Your model is good Michael, except you are below me. I expect not to place this time. Like all of the other times.
    Haha, the trend is about to do a dramatic turn for you my friend! I don't know how many times you've deserved to be in top three, even win this whole thing, but haven't. Teaming up with Uzu is going to be just the right move to get 3rd or higher in my opinion. Okay, you definitely going to grab 3rd. Dr will take 4th as previously hinted at.

Well yeah the reason(s) to this is pretty simple;

1: I've already won 2 months in a row, and the last 5 times I've joined a contest, I'm sure to run out of luck at one point, and the odds diminish each time.

2: Seeing the contestants this time, I've surely run into a corner. Heck, I don't think I even should be in this great company of writers xD ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Noted.

You should know by now that Michael is never going to put himself in any sort of high ranking spot. Also at a first glance this doesn't look like too tough of a competition.

The front runners right now at a sheer glance are: Michael, Lili-Chwan, Esco, Germ&Uzu. This time around I'm actually going to be giving my reviews of contest submissions here on the thread after I read the submissions and give my personal listing for Best FF since I know it is likely going to be a different outcome from what I believe should happen. It's just like voting. You obviously vote for who you think is the best and if you actually read every submission you would somewhat rank from top to bottom the others so I'm not doing anything more than adding a little extra emphasis behind my own vote.
    Affirmative. So you do remember that month then I suppose? =p

Haha, you know me all too well my friend, as the thing I hate the most among writers, are writers who like to brag and being arrogant, thinking that they're the best in the world and if they don't win a FF contest, then the whole thing is BS, not worthy of winning, etc. Besides, I don't really see how you can't see this as a hard month man O__O When was the last time the competition was this hard? I really think you're cutting yourself short compared to the rest, just look at your awards man, you have the same among as I have, so you could easily win the whole thing if you have a good month (it's not like you haven't done that before). And I know I usually rank myself lower than what I think (better to be surprised than to be disappointed), but this month really is crazy, and the first two spots is definitely going to be between Escorp and Lily for sure, just trust my words on that. Besides my "detailed" prediction, the battle for 3rd can really be up for grab for any of the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Well, good luck to everyone. Well, this is my FF contest, in more than a year, so...
    He sure beams of confidence I suppose you were meant to add "first" some place between there, no? ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by M3U View Post
    Good luck everyone, Micheal... I see what you did there
    Oh you do? O__o You mind telling me? =p What you didn't do though, was to spell my name right xD

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    He sure beams of confidence I suppose you were meant to add "first" some place between there, no? ^_^
    Oh damn, what a silly mistake? ;P Yeah, there's a "first" in between...
    Though, on second thoughts, it's one of my best mistake -.-

Legendary Sage of Konoha Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Legendary Sage of Konoha's
    Series Finale will arrive in
    August!!

Haha, if I didn't know what a modest guy you can be, I would literally think you were being arrogant, haha

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki16 View Post
    Thanks man.

Sorry Wizard maybe next month ^_^

Cool.
    Eh, it wouldn't be that big a deal if this wasn't the very first time I've done it since I first started entering, which was LAST July, actually

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Haha, the trend is about to do a dramatic turn for you my friend! I don't know how many times you've deserved to be in top three, even win this whole thing, but haven't. Teaming up with Uzu is going to be just the right move to get 3rd or higher in my opinion. Okay, you definitely going to grab 3rd. Dr will take 4th as previously hinted at.

Well yeah the reason(s) to this is pretty simple;

1: I've already won 2 months in a row, and the last 5 times I've joined a contest, I'm sure to run out of luck at one point, and the odds diminish each time.

2: Seeing the contestants this time, I've surely run into a corner. Heck, I don't think I even should be in this great company of writers xD ^_^

Affirmative. So you do remember that month then I suppose? =p

Haha, you know me all too well my friend, as the thing I hate the most among writers, are writers who like to brag and being arrogant, thinking that they're the best in the world and if they don't win a FF contest, then the whole thing is BS, not worthy of winning, etc. Besides, I don't really see how you can't see this as a hard month man O__O When was the last time the competition was this hard? I really think you're cutting yourself short compared to the rest, just look at your awards man, you have the same among as I have, so you could easily win the whole thing if you have a good month (it's not like you haven't done that before). And I know I usually rank myself lower than what I think (better to be surprised than to be disappointed), but this month really is crazy, and the first two spots is definitely going to be between Escorp and Lily for sure, just trust my words on that. Besides my "detailed" prediction, the battle for 3rd can really be up for grab for any of the rest of us.

Oh you do? O__o You mind telling me? =p What you didn't do though, was to spell my name right xD
    Look at how long ago those were. To be quite frank, a lot of the times it feels as though it comes down to popularity since people's attention span and general lack care enough to actually give consideration to stories prevents them from reading most, if at all any, of the submissions other than the ones from people they know. Often times people may not even do that. If you go to a lot of Fanfiction posts, they're the generic "good job" posts. Very few people give an actual opinion that means something. I'll go and read chapters that has bad grammar, incoherence, clichés, and other areas are in need of critic (sometimes very heavy) and yet people will: either not mention it or sugar coat it with a light little "there were a few grammatical mistakes but overall good job". Some writers may not care for whatever reason but it gets annoying.

I went off on a tangent. But the main point of this post is: Strong is the possibility that a lot of voting is based on popularity and that is what my based prediction is on and not so much the actual writing prowess. I guess everything was rather evidence more or less. People will tend to vote for their friends aside from select few (mainly the writers...or at least I'm hoping the writers have that type of respect enough) who will actually judge a contest and vote. Since I've been away for a while, newer people may not recognize me. OR the people who vote arent' really within the community, they are people who read what their Friends put out. I post my chapters and rarely link. Before you didn't need to, however unless you do some sort of advertisement, you'll get no second glance. As I've been away, the reason I'm not as much of a top runner as anybody else is just that.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you!

Time to check some of my competition xD

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

Hey guys, seeing as I was gone for the first couple of days, and working on other things, I was unable to take part in this contest. I will try and take part in Augusts with my Pokemon FF or Tale of the Sage, as I will be writing a lot more this month. (Escorp, that's all I'm mentioning about the other thing, even though ILH already knows.)

Seeing as Michael isn't competing, I am wondering who will take this, as I think Escorps is the best I've read. I will try and read the rest, but time may permit me.

Topic Discussion (I love doing this): What are your top 3 anime intros?

Personally, I like:

Fate/Zero's First
    Attack on Titan
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn third

And the honorable mentions are:
    Hellsing Original
    Pokemon First-Battle Frontier
    Naruto's

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

Look at how long ago those were. To be quite frank, a lot of the times it feels as though it comes down to popularity since people's attention span and general lack care enough to actually give consideration to stories prevents them from reading most, if at all any, of the submissions other than the ones from people they know. Often times people may not even do that. If you go to a lot of Fanfiction posts, they're the generic "good job" posts. Very few people give an actual opinion that means something. I'll go and read chapters that has bad grammar, incoherence, clichés, and other areas are in need of critic (sometimes very heavy) and yet people will: either not mention it or sugar coat it with a light little "there were a few grammatical mistakes but overall good job". Some writers may not care for whatever reason but it gets annoying.

I went off on a tangent. But the main point of this post is: Strong is the possibility that a lot of voting is based on popularity and that is what my based prediction is on and not so much the actual writing prowess. I guess everything was rather evidence more or less. People will tend to vote for their friends aside from select few (mainly the writers...or at least I'm hoping the writers have that type of respect enough) who will actually judge a contest and vote. Since I've been away for a while, newer people may not recognize me. OR the people who vote arent' really within the community, they are people who read what their Friends put out. I post my chapters and rarely link. Before you didn't need to, however unless you do some sort of advertisement, you'll get no second glance. As I've been away, the reason I'm not as much of a top runner as anybody else is just that.
    Unfortunately, that often is the case. It's almost too obvious sometimes And yeah, I agree some FF writers require some much-needed criticism, but once Michael gets back on, he'll probably give you the same answer to that that he gave me

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA49 View Post
    Hey guys, seeing as I was gone for the first couple of days, and working on other things, I was unable to take part in this contest. I will try and take part in Augusts with my Pokemon FF or Tale of the Sage, as I will be writing a lot more this month. (Escorp, that's all I'm mentioning about the other thing, even though ILH already knows.)

Seeing as Michael isn't competing, I am wondering who will take this, as I think Escorps is the best I've read. I will try and read the rest, but time may permit me.

Personally, I like:

Fate/Zero's First
    Attack on Titan
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn third

And the honorable mentions are:
    Hellsing Original
    Pokemon First-Battle Frontier
    Naruto's
    1. Samurai Champloo
    2. Steins;Gate
    3. Death Note (second opening)

Honorable mentions:
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Ghost in the Shell (both)
    • FMA Brotherhood (first and...fourth? It's a song called "Period" by Chemistry)
    • Clannad After Story - very close 4th
    • Death Note (first opening)
    • Wolf's Rain - very close 4th
    • Ergo Proxy
    • Naruto: Shippuden (Hidan/Kakazu arc and Pain arc)
    • Trigun

Ummm...I do believe that's all of them.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a limit to the people
    I can care about.

See, you can't say things like that and then ask me not to hate you
    I love you too, Reborn! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA49 View Post
    Attack on Titan
    One Piece
    Clannad

In no order. I love these three animes, they are all unique in their own way ^^

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post

Attack on Titan
    One Piece
    Clannad

Huh, I figured I was the only regular here that watched Clannad You see After Story, too, or just the first one?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I hate to agree with the fact that the ff contest is based on popularity, but...it's kind of obvious. Most people that vote don't even read all of the submissions. So many months where I barely see any more.views on chapters despite being entered in a contest in which at least twenty people voted. It's disappointing, but it's true. Can't make people read and judge with no bias, unfortunately.

As for anime intros...I will never be able to accept any other over this one. Gave me too much joy as a kid.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51mD4Im5ePU

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

I hate to agree with the fact that the ff contest is based on popularity, but...it's kind of obvious. Most people that vote don't even read all of the submissions. So many months where I barely see any more.views on chapters despite being entered in a contest in which at least twenty people voted. It's disappointing, but it's true. Can't make people read and judge with no bias, unfortunately.

As for anime intros...I will never be able to accept any other over this one. Gave me too much joy as a kid.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51mD4Im5ePU
    See, I'm at the point now where I'm not sure whether the occasional slight increases in a chapter's views are from other people reading it or just me checking up on them. It's honestly quite depressing, cause that means that I could have a chapter with over fifty views, but only ten people have actually clicked on the link

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Attack on Titan
    One Piece
    Clannad

Shhhh, don't speak

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

Shhhh, don't speak
    Harsh lately, Reborn?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by chakrawizard555 View Post
    See, I'm at the point now where I'm not sure whether the occasional slight increases in a chapter's views are from other people reading it or just me checking up on them. It's honestly quite depressing, cause that means that I could have a chapter with over fifty views, but only ten people have actually clicked on the link
    I feel your pain. It makes me think my stories aren't compelling. Which is a pain.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writing some stuff... It's a
    surprise...

But see, I love this:

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can care about.

Huh, I figured I was the only regular here that watched Clannad You see After Story, too, or just the first one?
    With Clannad I mean both the first one and After Story. I love the whole series

Shhhh, don't speak
    I thought we had something special there for a second

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

this is also the first contest I have entered for a while

Shhhh, don't speak
    hey there

there are so many good writers that have entered this month & FF contests are all about fun and not about who places where but I don't think I will place because there are just better writers than me entering this month. I am still gonna enter again next month if i can.

here is an opening i like at the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUoOTR_lXlA

I have alot more favourites this is just one of them.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought we had something special there for a second
    What would make you think that .-.
    Quote Originally Posted by serenaandrosie View Post
    this is also the first contest I have entered for a while

hey there

there are so many good writers that have entered this month & FF contests are all about fun and not about who places where but I don't think I will place because there are just better writers than me entering this month. I am still gonna enter again next month if i can.

here is an opening i like at the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUoOTR_lXlA

I have alot more favourites this is just one of them.
    Hi Serena-chan!!

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can care about.

What would make you think that .-.
    Because I believe in destiny, Reborn... I believe in destiny

Alright, I'm just going to stop now xD

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

I feel your pain. It makes me think my stories aren't compelling. Which is a pain.
    Guess that would explain why you quit writing here. For me, though, so long as I get feedback from you guys, as in the other ASPIRING writers on the base, I can deal with the low publicity

I ended up watching it, just cause I felt, as a lover of anime, I was obligated to (plus, I wanted to see if it was really as big a tear-jerker as I heard). Clannad was decent, but After Story, ...I'll admit I didn't cry, but I definitely came close to it at least twice, man. Just a beautiful work of art as a whole

Only had two problems with it, though. First, ...yeah, I know it's based off a visual novel (i.e. multiple endings), but the anime adaptation is the LAST place to insert them into. I swear, I was so pissed off when I finished Clannad off with that last episode, especially since I didn't know After Story existed at the time.

Second, ...kinda childish, yes, but I do have a problem with the fact that neither of them kissed even once during the whole series, even after the episode when the girl explicitly admits to her parents that they have sex. ...That part was hilarious, by the way

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Harsh lately, Reborn?
    Not true, it's not only lately.

Because I believe in destiny, Reborn... I believe in destiny

Alright, I'm just going to stop now xD
    Well that turned out well for you didn't it

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can care about.

I ended up watching it, just cause I felt, as a lover of anime, I was obligated to (plus, I wanted to see if it was really as big a tear-jerker as I heard). Clannad was decent, but After Story, ...I'll admit I didn't cry, but I definitely came close to it at least twice, man. Just a beautiful work of art as a whole

Only had two problems with it, though. First, ...yeah, I know it's based off a visual novel (i.e. multiple endings), but the anime adaptation is the LAST place to insert them into. I swear, I was so pissed off when I finished Clannad off with that last episode, especially since I didn't know After Story existed at the time.

Second, ...kinda childish, yes, but I do have a problem with the fact that neither of them kissed even once during the whole series, even after the episode when the girl explicitly admits to her parents that they have sex. ...That part was hilarious, by the way
    I never really had any problems with the series. The lack of kissing never really got to me, I personally think the amazing story made up for it. Although I do get you and why you think so, a kiss scene would easily show the emotional bond between them.

Well that turned out well for you didn't it
    It left me in a heartbroken state, but it was worth it

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.

I never really had any problems with the series. The lack of kissing never really got to me, I personally think the amazing story made up for it. Although I do get you and why you think so, a kiss scene would easily show the emotional bond between them.

It left me in a heartbroken state, but it was worth it
    Well, it's not just that, but you know...it's like with Eureka Seven (apologize if you haven't seen it yet). They declared their love about halfway into the anime, but they at least got one kiss in during the last episode - and they were probably half Tomoya and Nagisa's age. I don't need a kiss to see how much they love each other, anyone with a heart can see that. I'm just saying it's kind of a suspension-of-disbelief that they're going through your basic tragic love story without just one kiss or even an innuendo suggesting that something more physical is happening between them. The only time a lack of kissing really gets to me is when there's no real certainty that the two characters will end up together when it's over, then it's open-ended and it pisses me off. (Lookin' at you, Ergo Proxy and Trigun.)

Kinda sending off some gay vibes in this little exchange with Reborn, eh, Skylar?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    _ _ _ _ is the best!

Please don't blame him, Lawliet, he's just going through puberty at the moment. We've all been there

Please don't hate me, Reborn.
    Haha poor Reborn!

Oh no, that's not modship, you can blame Lili-Chwan for my gradually increasing sadism and totalitarian-esque power craze.

I'm just a little bored atm
    Excuses