Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    We all know how much Kishi loves the theme of the older generations living through the newer and the yin-yang concept of multiple paths to arrive at similar outcomes. So far we have seen most of the important ones such as The New Sannin and Team Kakashi and Team Minato. One trinity we have yet to see have a full circle representation as of this point is The Sage and his sons, a trinity with relationships that contains all of the main overall themes in Naruto.

    Note: I have not included Madara in the possibilities of the these parallels because he is an old generation Ninja that doesn't have the characterization or interactions to fill the slots as well as other characters from the new generations did. He obviously still has a role, and possibly a major one, to play but it is not one of these roles.

    Keep in mind this is a character interaction analysis and will use relationships and interactions to draw parallels to the Sage and his Sons, and make an educated prediction of what the future might hold because of this.


    Premise: The Players

    The Younger Son, The Elder Son, and the Sage



    I will attempt to make these parallels brief, as these will set the lens at which the character interactions will be viewed.

    ***Note these parallels have nothing to do with power levels. This is purely based on characterization and theming elements.

    The Younger Son Representation
    Naruto Uzumaki

    Will of Fire aligned, and believes in the power of bonds and friendship. Also notably the prophecy child, who has been foreshadowed to be Rikudou's true successor by befriending the Tailed Beasts and leading them down the right path when they became one again. This aligns him perfectly with the Younger Son, who was originally chosen to be the successor.



    The Elder Son Representation
    Sasuke Uchiha

    Curse of Hatred aligned, believes in raw power. As we all know, he is an avenger who is always after more power to overcome his conflicts. His next source of power is his wish to become Hokage, so that he can create something new in place of the 'twisted system.' Seeking power to create peace is the way of the Elder Son, and Sasuke still hasn't changed from that philosophy.




    For this last parallel character, I advise that you refer to my previous two threads for a more in depth analysis on why this is true, but it is only needed as a premise for the purpose of this thread. If you cannot agree with it, you do not have to believe Obito is SO6P, Dark Rikudou, Anti-Sage, Dark Naruto, etc. Just keep it in mind when reading interactions in this theory, it will all make sense:
    Obito as an Anti-Sage
    Obito's Dualistic Character Analysis

    The Sage of the Six Paths Representation
    Obito Uchiha

    More of an Anti-Sage, Obito is the only character in the manga to compare to Rikudou's feats. Obito brought the greatest war in history, reunited the Tailed Beasts, and became the Juubi Jinchuuriki.
    Also has been both Will of Fire aligned and Curse of Hatred aligned, and has promised that he will bring Naruto and Sasuke against each other.



    Part 1: Obito in Determining Naruto and Sasuke's Roles

    Although not as much of a father figure as Rikudou, Obito hasn't exactly been manipulating, but he has been guiding the outcome of who Naruto and Sasuke became/ will become since their early childhood, that became major factors in the two's bond and rivalry.

    1. Obito is the source of Naruto's losses and his childhood of pain, ultimate factors that sculpted who he is. Obito caused this with the Nine-Tails attack on the village. It is also interesting to note that Obito declares here that it was the beginning of his plan to bring peace through war, yet it appeared that his attack was a failure. Crushing Konoha at this point wouldn't leave him any closer to the War, so was it used to set up the idea that Madara was still alive or was it to set up justification for the Uchiha Massacre? What was the true goal?



    2. Obito is one of the minds that helped cause the Uchiha Massacre, the event that left Sasuke changed forever and led him down the path of power and hatred. Also interesting to note that Obito's, 'because I have a grudge' response, doesn't exactly correspond with his calculating chessmaster style of engaging the plot. Again, what was the true goal?



    Analysis and First Point-
    Obito is the only character in the show who had a direct effect on the outcome of the two main characters childhood life-changing tragedy. Not necessarily on purpose, but Obito is the one who essentially both engineered the pain that bonded them as Genin, and the differences in their character that caused their rivalry.



    Part 2: Obito in Guiding Naruto vs Sasuke

    1. During the Kage Summit Arc directly before the War, Obito all of a sudden grew a huge interest in pulling Naruto towards Sasuke, and pushing Sasuke towards Konoha which would eventually cause their path to intervene, had everything gone according to plan.

    Also interesting to note that Obito states he wants Sasuke to fight Naruto to acknowledge the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha Clan that he told Itachi he had a grudge against and helped exterminate. Is there another goal here?



    Obito's Effect on pre-war Sasuke:



    Obito's purpose regarding Naruto and Sasuke: To recreate the Younger and Elder Son conflict



    Analysis and Second Point-
    Obito during the pre-war arc was the sole character encouraging the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke, and implied very heavily that Naruto and Sasuke represent Rikudou's sons. This puts Obito at an additional parallel to the Sage in his relationship to his Sons. Obito said he will be the reason for Naruto and Sasukes fight, much like the Sage's decision sparked the fight of his sons.



    Part 3: Obito's Promise



    Currently, Sasuke and Naruto's bond has been restored through both of their will to protect the village. The threat of the Juubi and Obito's Moon Eye Plan has forced them to once again cooperate and it seems like they are on the same page.

    However, this moment hints that although they are now united under the notion of protecting the leaf village, there is still something to remind us that Naruto and Sasuke have completely different philosophies, and gives us a point at which Naruto and Sasuke still conflict.




    But what does this have to do with Obito? Everything:



    It is guaranteed that Obito is set to lose, most likely ending with Naruto denying Obito's will with his own. (Although to amass the power necessary to take him down, it will most likely take Naruto/Sasuke's cooperation. The Uchiha tablet states that the two as yin-yang are each supposed to be half of the power of a God, it will take them both to suppress Obito and the Juubi)





    However, here is where the parallel comes full circle. In the original Trinity, it can be concluded the Sons didn't hate each other until after Rikudou's deathbed decision, because it wasn't until after that the curse of hatred was born.



    Obito's death will be the same. Once the Moon's Eye plan has been dealt with and the War comes to an end, Naruto and Sasuke are going to facing organizing the united shinobi world and what will be done with the Juubi. They are probably going to be in a position similar to these two...



    As of right now, Obito is one with the Juubi, the being that will be the source of conflict between Naruto and Sasuke, as seen from their opinions of what should be done with the Ninja World regarding the Tailed Beasts.

    Naruto:



    Sasuke:



    Naruto wants to live in a world where the Tailed Beasts can live in peace and he shows them the way of love, and Sasuke simply doesn't care. With the future of the world in the balance, neither will be willing to back down on their beliefs, and there we'll have it: Naruto vs Sasuke. All foreshadowing will be realized. Obito's defeat and his promise to bring them to their "fated" fight, and during that conflict Naruto will most likely surpass the Sage and complete Rikudou's prophecy.



    Conclusion: Obito is the sole character that has had the most influence on both Sasuke and Naruto's bond and rivalry including sculpting their childhood tragedies that ultimately shaped their characters into who they are. In that regard, (although probably completely unaware since he thought to himself that Sasuke and Naruto's fight was soley be for his own amusement) Obito is indirectly responsible for their original bond, the Kage Summit Arc Rivalry, bringing them back together for the War, and stating that he will be the reason for their fated fight that has not yet happened.

    Judging by the hatred Sasuke still possesses, and his hatred has shifted towards the Tailed Beasts that Naruto holds dear, I agree that we have yet to see the climax of their rivalry. This will happen when Obito's death occurs, just as the fighting began with the Sons at Rikudou's death.


    Comments, questions, disagreements are welcome! Do you think that Obito planned to have such an influence in bringing Naruto and Sasuke together (in both bond and conflict)? Or is it just fate of the Sage's Trinity to align like this? Are we in for an Itachi or Lelouch style planned death in Obito and he is entrusting true peace with Naruto and Sasuke? Will Naruto or Sasuke be able to come to an agreement and achieve understanding and true power like the Uchiha Tablet suggests? Let me know what you think!
     
         
    Last edited by GhostProject; 07-11-2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Links became broken, should be fixed now!

  2. #2
    Super banana mode
    Status
    Spacey orange is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,316
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    naruto not equals younger son ideals.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey orange View Post
    naruto not equals younger son ideals.
    I would be interested to hear your reasoning. He is constantly talking about bonds and giving those friendship speeches. He even tamed Kurama because his mother empowered him because he found strength in love...
     
         

  4. #4
    XX. The Judgement Tartarus's Avatar
    Status
    Tartarus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,958
    Location
    Chicago
    ~Memento Mori~
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    interesting thread, I must rep you for this good sir.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by shyarkugan View Post
    interesting thread, I must rep you for this good sir.
    Thank you very much!
     
         

  6. #6
    Premium User Amenotejikara's Avatar
    Status
    Amenotejikara is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9,032
    There is a sacredness in
    tears. They are not the mark
    of weakness, but of power.
    They speak more eloquently
    than ten thousand tongues.
    They are the messengers of
    overwhelming grief, of deep
    contrition, and of unspeakable
    love.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Naruto does not embody the younger son. The Younger son's embodiment was Hashirama (Peak of Mokuton and the Younger Son himself). Naruto is not a Senju and therefore throws the possibility of that parallel being true out of the equation. Hashirama was never able to reconcile the Bijuu's and Kurama has obviously shown disdain to Madara for forcefully controlling him. Naruto is the only one besides Rikudou to befriend the Bijuu's and the only one to know all their names; the parallel is with him and Naruto. The battle between Naruto and Sasuke won't be between the sons ideals; it will be between two people trying establish a different system. Sasuke wants to rid the Bijuu's from the system because he thinks they are a major cause of the problems of the system whereas Naruto wants them to be in unison, free from Human control, like Rikudou.

    The Elder-Younger parallel has already been done and serves no further purpose in the manga. It's now the dichotomy of the Progenitor (Juubi controlled Obito) vs the Savior (Naruto as Rikudou).
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinn3gan View Post
    Naruto does not embody the younger son. The Younger son's embodiment was Hashirama (Peak of Mokuton and the Younger Son himself). Naruto is not a Senju and therefore throws the possibility of that parallel being true out of the equation. Hashirama was never able to reconcile the Bijuu's and Kurama has obviously shown disdain to Madara for forcefully controlling him. Naruto is the only one besides Rikudou to befriend the Bijuu's and the only one to know all their names; the parallel is with him and Naruto. The battle between Naruto and Sasuke won't be between the sons ideals; it will be between two people trying establish a different system. Sasuke wants to rid the Bijuu's from the system because he thinks they are a major cause of the problems of the system whereas Naruto wants them to be in unison, free from Human control, like Rikudou.

    The Elder-Younger parallel has already been done and serves no further purpose in the manga. It's now the dichotomy of the Progenitor (Juubi controlled Obito) vs the Savior (Naruto as Rikudou).
    Excellent counterargument. However, I must say that I think Naruto is still meant to embody the will of the Senju even though he is Uzumaki. Obito directly parallels in this panel foreshadowing that they do each represent the Senju and Uchiha which leads to the Younger and Elder son comparisons, so I believe that this panel was made to make that comparison negligible.



    What you say is true though in that Naruto does parallel Rikudou's dominant traits as well, but I believe that is all he parallels from the Sage. He only inherits the ideal of love from Rikudou, when he was believed to be a dualistic entity (why he befriended the Bijuus). Him being the Savior also leads me to believe that he is a Younger Son representation. Rikudou could not create peace, so he entrusted his Younger Son to bring it, whose ideal was that love was the key to peace. When Rikudou tells the Bijuus that one day they will find someone that will lead them down the right road, he will show them what true power is. That true power is hinted to be love/friendship, the philosophy of the Younger Son. A character would have to be more dualistic to be a Rikudou parallel, though Rikudou's dominant personality appears to be in line with the Younger son, his Elder had to inherit those ideas from somewhere

    Younger vs Elder Son is not resolved until peace is created. Hashirama and Madara were just drawn to this parallel to show what effect the Son's failing to create peace, has on the world.

    I do like your idea of Progenitor vs Savior though, it is very fitting and does have support to it!
    We shall have to see which it is in the coming chapters!
     
         

  8. #8
    Banned
    Status
    Ψ Veritas Ψ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,135
    Location
    A Couple of Steps after Infinity
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Great analysis, and nice thread!
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ψ Dr.Who? Ψ View Post
    Great analysis, and nice thread!
    Thank you Doctor!
     
         

  10. #10
    Premium User Amenotejikara's Avatar
    Status
    Amenotejikara is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9,032
    There is a sacredness in
    tears. They are not the mark
    of weakness, but of power.
    They speak more eloquently
    than ten thousand tongues.
    They are the messengers of
    overwhelming grief, of deep
    contrition, and of unspeakable
    love.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostProject View Post
    Excellent counterargument. However, I must say that I think Naruto is still meant to embody the will of the Senju even though he is Uzumaki. Obito directly parallels in this panel foreshadowing that they do each represent the Senju and Uchiha which leads to the Younger and Elder son comparisons, so I believe that this panel was made to make that comparison negligible.



    What you say is true though in that Naruto does parallel Rikudou's dominant traits as well, but I believe that is all he parallels from the Sage. He only inherits the ideal of love from Rikudou, when he was believed to be a dualistic entity (why he befriended the Bijuus). Him being the Savior also leads me to believe that he is a Younger Son representation. Rikudou could not create peace, so he entrusted his Younger Son to bring it, whose ideal was that love was the key to peace. When Rikudou tells the Bijuus that one day they will find someone that will lead them down the right road, he will show them what true power is. That true power is hinted to be love/friendship, the philosophy of the Younger Son. A character would have to be more dualistic to be a Rikudou parallel, though Rikudou's dominant personality appears to be in line with the Younger son, his Elder had to inherit those ideas from somewhere

    Younger vs Elder Son is not resolved until peace is created. Hashirama and Madara were just drawn to this parallel to show what effect the Son's failing to create peace, has on the world.

    I do like your idea of Progenitor vs Savior though, it is very fitting and does have support to it!
    We shall have to see which it is in the coming chapters!
    I see what you mean :D But the main parallel in the story? Obito and Naruto. Main antagonist and Main protagonist. Obito is what Naruto could of been if he gave in to Kurama's hatred and Naruto is what Obito could have been if he stayed good. Basically they're the same person but with altered paths that shaped them.
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinn3gan View Post
    I see what you mean :D But the main parallel in the story? Obito and Naruto. Main antagonist and Main protagonist. Obito is what Naruto could of been if he gave in to Kurama's hatred and Naruto is what Obito could have been if he stayed good. Basically they're the same person but with altered paths that shaped them.
    Undeniably true. The Savior and the Harbinger of Disaster However, I do find it hard to believe that after the whole Itachi "Don't try to do things on your own" speech, Naruto is going to one on one Obito to recreate the Rikudou vs Juubi fight. That and after Madara stated that the power of a God is achieved when two conflicting forces cooperate. It has has to be a Naruto and Sasuke thing after seeing both of those panels.

    I am a huge part 1 advocate, and this story began on bonds. Naruto vs Obito doesn't resolve bonds, but Obito makes an excellent reason for their bond and their final fight after his death where Naruto ends the cycle, rebuilds the bond, and leads the world into peace.

    Of course, it could be a combination of both of our ideas. Perhaps we have our Obito vs Naruto fight where the Rikudou parallel is made. Then in the final fight of opposing systems and views with Sasuke, Kurama makes the parallel that Naruto inherited all of the good from Rikudou, and is the true successor of the Sage. It would satisfy all of the possible parallels and foreshadowing Kishi has made regarding Naruto, without necessarily making the story weaker if Kishimoto pulls it off right.

    I just think there's no way we are ending this without resolution to Naruto and Sasuke's bond. And I don't see Naruto vs Sasuke happening if Naruto is not the Younger Son fighting for peace through understanding (befriending the Bijuus), to counter Sasuke's want to change the world through might (Eliminating the Bijuus somehow).
     
         

  12. #12
    Member MrDuck's Avatar
    Status
    MrDuck is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    957
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Great thread, you probably put alot of effort into this.

    I'm curious to see how what the future of this series holds in store and if you will be right.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cooh's Avatar
    Status
    Cooh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,454
    Location
    Your house, on the couch
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    yea good thread but it was pretty obvious from the start imho, the forum kids just got deluded by all that the sage is a uzumaki stuff
     
         

  14. #14
    Beast Bijuu13's Avatar
    Status
    Bijuu13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,528
    Location
    Portugal
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Very nice thread even though I didn't read it entirely
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Great thread, you probably put alot of effort into this.

    I'm curious to see how what the future of this series holds in store and if you will be right.
    Thank you
    I'm not fully sure if I'm in Kishi's mindset yet, but I will be excited to see this theory gain confirmation by the end of the manga

    Quote Originally Posted by Bijuu13 View Post
    Very nice thread even though I didn't read it entirely
    Thank you! It is quite lengthy haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooh View Post
    yea good thread but it was pretty obvious from the start imho, the forum kids just got deluded by all that the sage is a uzumaki stuff
    Then this thread will be to light the way for those that are deluded :scorps:
     
         
    Last edited by GhostProject; 07-09-2013 at 10:20 AM.

  16. #16
    #TH Flawž's Avatar
    Status
    Flawž is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12,107
    Location
    Ryūchi Cave
    Wont be on much. On and off.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Excellent thread my fellow obito fan. Keep it up.
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by SageModeV2 View Post
    Excellent thread my fellow obito fan. Keep it up.
    Thank you Sagemode!
    And for the record, I don't intend on stopping yet :scorps:
     
         

  18. #18
    Talk to the hand PTran5's Avatar
    Status
    PTran5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    883
    Location
    Eating ramen with Naruto, Minato & Kushina at Ichiraku
    I'm leaving NB as my life in
    general is becoming a lot
    busier (especially uni T_T). I
    will miss the good and bad of
    NB for sure. So to everyone
    (including my haters), I wish
    you all live a happy life.
    Farewell! :)
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Splendid job! I pretty much agree with everything you have said in this thread. Now I can't wait for the Naruto vs Sasuke fight!
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by PTran5 View Post
    Splendid job! I pretty much agree with everything you have said in this thread. Now I can't wait for the Naruto vs Sasuke fight!
    Thank you very much
    And agreed, so much build up to be resolved in a single fight! But first we have to see what looks to be an amazing fight of Naruto and Sasuke vs Obito
     
         

  20. #20
    Member shafninja's Avatar
    Status
    shafninja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    52
    Sage of All God of All Shinobi
     

    Re: Obito, Guiding Towards Naruto vs Sasuke. The Ninja Trinity.

    This = Truth. I could not have put it better myself.

    It's also very obvious that there needs to be a Naruto vs Sasuke match still because Sasuke is still hinting that he is not ready to cooperate despite the fact that he is fighting for the alliance. Even Jugo questioned his true plan/reason for joining the alliance when they first got there.
     
         

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •