Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

[Spoiler] There's no denying it now

It has been heavily foreshadowed by Kishimoto that Obito is in fact, the new generation's Sage of the Six Paths. He has done this through mirroring Obito's feats to the Sage's and clever use of subtle symbolism and characterization. If there is any denial of it now, I hope this thread will clear things up.
    Anyways I'm going to try to keep this short and simple

Main Premise- Obito's role as a villain is to complete The Moon's Eye plan (and has been the sole character that has moved the plan forward), and create a new reality. From Obito's many speeches about Rikudou, the ability to create is what defined the Sage. Obito's goal is to have the power to turn his imagination into reality, which means his abilities would have to rival the Sage's, to work as the main villain.

Feats-
    1. It was hinted that Rikudou was a great bringer of peace. Obito is the one that brought on the greatest war in ninja history.
    2. Rikudou separated the Bijuus from the Ten Tails. Obito is the one that brought the Bijuus back together to form the Ten Tails.
    Obito and Rikudou have been the only Juubi Jinchuurikis. Becoming the Jinchuuriki for both was also not the entire goal, but a means to the end of peace.

Creation: At the end of 637, Obito is covering up his Sharingan.
    Most likely because he used his Izanagi, but not necessarily to not die. He described the power to Konan as the ability to make imagination into reality, and that it was the Jutsu Rikudou used to "create". At this point it doesn't seem far-fetched to assume that Obito used his Izanagi to mold reality to him becoming the Juubi Jinchuuriki, when it seemed like an impossible feat from his position.

Conclusion from feats- Obito is meant to be an anti-S06P or a corrupted Sage of sorts, and will represent the current generation's Sage until the end of the manga.

Supporting characteristics from theming of Obito-

Yin-Yang is a common concept in the Naruto series, however, two characters stand out as being constantly characterized with the dualism concept as part of their single character: Rikudou and Obito (Other characters are a part of this concept, but usually they are only the expression of Yin or Yang, not both)

For a more detailed version of Obito's dualism analysis, refer to my other thread:
    http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397330
    Note: The conclusion gets speculative at the end, but the supporting evidence remains valid and is the main focus for the purpose of this thread

1. Dualism Symbolism-

-Obito's body is exactly half senju, half uchiha
    -Obito has the Rinnegan (Sage's Eye), and Sharingan (Curse of Hatred Eye)
    -Obito's white mask design is the Juubi's eye, a visual combination of both the Rinnegan and Sharingan

2. Characterization
    -Obito was the main narrator for the most important stories regarding Rikudou and his sons. Kishimoto did not choose this by chance.

-In the fight vs Kakashi in more recent chapters, Kakashi points out that Obito is trying fighting his younger self through trying to deny Naruto and Kakashi's philosophies. Obito's elder curse of hatred is metaphorically fighting his younger will of fire self. A familiar theme here...

- Obito stated that he will manipulate and be the context for the Naruto and Sasuke fight. Similar to how Rikudou's choice of successor was the reason The Elder son fought the Younger and carried on the Senju vs Uchiha legacy.

-Obito's constant will to deny reality and recreate his own is his motivation as a character. His motivation has always been to be Rikudou's successor.

What it all means:
    The series buildup has reached a critical point revealing Obito to be the villain counterpart to Rikudou, and from here on out we will see the conflict buildups brought to resolution between Hashirama and Madara, the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, more attempts to save Obito's younger will of fire, and Naruto becoming the true successor to the will of Rikudou and Obito. Time to just enjoy the ride

tl;dr: Obito is the main villain and counterpart to Rikudou that Naruto must overcome.

Last edited by GhostProject; 07-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Scavenger of humans sorrow phantomlord22's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big words, small mind Behind
    the pain you will find A
    scavenger of human sorrow

Re: [Spoiler] There's no denying it now

nice theory
    good job

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be on much these days.
    :/

great thread.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good thoery

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlord22 View Post
    nice theory
    good job
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by SageModeV2 View Post
    great thread.
    Thank you! Obito ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kays View Post
    Good thoery
    Thank you very much

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be on much these days.
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by GhostProject View Post
    Thank you very much!

Thank you! Obito ftw!

Thank you very much
    Obito is too damn OP

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SageModeV2 View Post
    Obito is too damn OP
    That's why he's the Fallen Sage

Academy Student
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I would have never figure this out. Your analysis made perfect sense. Excellent job!

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehoang31 View Post
    I would have never figure this out. Your analysis made perfect sense. Excellent job!
    Thank you very much! Kishimoto is a very subtle symbolic writer, so it's difficult to catch on to what he's doing sometimes. I consider it luck that I managed to notice those few coincidences until it became a pattern

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Who cares about being
    Hokage when you are going to
    be next Sage of six
    paths" Credits to
    LightBringer, the best user on
    NB ;), Here is link to his
    gallery:
    http://false-virtue.deviantart
    .com/, check it guys ;)

Nice and very good thread, but I can't agree with you about one thing...

Comparing Sage of six paths to Obito is insult to The Sage, his doings etc. Yes, it is where you failed miserably

Juubi Jin SOSP is beyond Narutoverse capabilities including Obito, just accept it and move on

Still Juubito is the second strongest shinobi living ever so that mean a lot, but SOSP's will be always unmatched and unrivaled unless Kishi decides for Naruto to reach his highness.

If Obito reach SOSP level then Kishi officially ruin his manga, and it won't happen

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    マダラ様

100% agreed. Obito is going to kill Minato and Naruto in the upcoming chapters.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMNaruto View Post
    Nice and very good thread, but I can't agree with you about one thing...

Comparing Sage of six paths to Obito is insult to The Sage, his doings etc. Yes, it is where you failed miserably

Juubi Jin SOSP is beyond Narutoverse capabilities including Obito, just accept it and move on

Still Juubito is the second strongest shinobi living ever so that mean a lot, but SOSP's will be always unmatched and unrivaled unless Kishi decides for Naruto to reach his highness.

If Obito reach SOSP level then Kishi officially ruin his manga, and it won't happen
    Harsh critic haha, but thank you, I did want to elaborate more on what I intended this thread to mean. I actually agree that Obito will not become Rikudou power level, because once he is, that means he has achieved the ability to shape reality which means The Moon's Eye Plan is in effect and the villain won.
    Currently, Obito only has a fraction of creation in the form of his Izanagi one time uses.

His feats, however, perfectly mirror Rikudou's accomplishments and that is what I wanted the focus to be. Obito is an insult to the Sage as a character, he is trying to ascend to the power of a God and doing it in the opposite ways Rikudou intended to go about it.

In the end, nobody will be Rikudou level. Obito will be stopped, and Naruto will not need a creation jutsu.

Naruto will ascend both, divide the Juubi chakra back into the Bijuus and create world peace without a jutsu. He is the real deal and true successor of both Sages. :scorps:

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    マダラ様

I think in the end, Kurama will be killed by Sasuke. The TBs need to die for there to be world peace.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by narutoblitz View Post
    100% agreed. Obito is going to kill Minato and Naruto in the upcoming chapters.
    He will give them a run for their money, that's for sure. My best guess is that Kakashi and Sasuke better watch out next though, because it looks like Obito used Izanagi to become the Juubi Jin. He needs a sharingan for the Moon's Eye Plan

Quote Originally Posted by narutoblitz View Post
    I think in the end, Kurama will be killed by Sasuke. The TBs need to die for there to be world peace.[/QUOTE
    I think Naruto's Will is to have the Bijuus live in harmony with humans. Having a Tailed beast die by Sasuke's hand somehow, would surely be an excellent spark for the Naruto v Sasuke fight.

Perhaps the Bijuus will recognize that their existence cannot mean peace and they'll somehow seal themselves away forever against Naruto's Will, but at this point it's the grounds for too much speculation and not enough evidence for a valid direction.

Last edited by GhostProject; 07-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    what Status?

nice detailed and makes sense....

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Happy And Peaceful.

Good Theory and all but Obito is not the next SO6P....

It's Naruto since Naruto carries The SO6P's and Bijuu's Will.... Plus Kurama is going to be upgraded by the powers Naruto received from other Bijuus.... That's how Naruto is The next SO6P....

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play time is over..

Obito OP better nerf

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sage of All God of All Shinobi

A very nice read. I think I would put it as Obito is an Anti-Rikudou. He has the same ideals about peace but is doing it in a malevolent fashion. (I'm not saying he is as powerful as Sage)

EDIT: Also to everyone saying Obito is OP: He just lost to Kakashi
    and compare him to Madara's ridiculous Perfect Susanoo

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    u either die as a hero or live
    long enough to see urself
    become the villain

Yup,there's no denying this fact now..In fact I predicted this back in May and it feels good that it has come true
    Good job and ***** from me..Here's the link to my thread
    http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370507
    It will entertain you

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tbh, Obito's actions just protected the world. If Madara was revived and became the Juubi's jinchuriki, it would be game over. This was also implied by all the hokages.

Nonetheless, Obito could still have chosen death, so Madara wouldn't become the jinchuriki anyway, but why do Obito want to be its jinchuriki? He wants to create an eternal dream world. This is not something he could do with his current skill level. Possibly he wants to use the Juubi's powers. For now we have no idea, what a person in control of those powers could do, or even create. It's possible he will get the yin+yang to create anything, and in that manner, he can do the eternal genjutsu some way.

But Obito is not this generations SO6P. I don't get your symbolism. It is not about, who has rinnengan, who has the correct blood line, or who created/disabled the Juubi. It's about uniting the entire shinobi world, to restore order from a chaotic time. That is what the SO6P did, and Obito is in no manner trying to do that. In his own mind, yes, that is what he thinks he is doing, but fact is, that he will just be delaying chaos for an unknown amount of time. That wont restore anything.

Even the SO6P died, and thus chaos came back. But the SO6P said himself, that his successor will do it "the right way", so to speak. He will gather the bijuu's and do the "right thing". So this is the one we should be looking for, and there is no other person than Naruto, who is capable of creating a system, that will remain after his death.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can destroy the man but
    you can't destroy an idea.

Good read, I dont know why but I keep thinking that Obito's Sharingan will change into something different now, maybe the eye of the Juubi.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 6PathsofKami View Post
    Good read, I dont know why but I keep thinking that Obito's Sharingan will change into something different now, maybe the eye of the Juubi.
    Thank you. This is just speculative but I believe he used Izanagi to avoid death or become the Juubi Jin, because if he had a sharingan at this point, it wouldn't make sense why he wouldn't just instantly Moon Eye resulting in villain victory.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post

But Obito is not this generations SO6P. I don't get your symbolism.

But the SO6P said himself, that his successor will do it "the right way", so to speak. He will gather the bijuu's and do the "right thing". So this is the one we should be looking for, and there is no other person than Naruto, who is capable of creating a system, that will remain after his death.
    The symbolism is that all of Obito's most major feats are opposite reflections of Rikudou's accomplishments, he is an anti-Rikudou, as shafninja worded it. Obito is also a character that his entire character development, is both Yin-Yang and not a single side, unlike most characters. He has stated he will be the reason Naruto and Sasuke fight, putting his role in the plot as both main villain and the middle ground for their fight like Rikudou was in his choosing of a successor. (If the foreshadowing and prophecy was correct)

Also the S06P is not about bringing eternal peace, Rikudou died before his true peace could be achieved. It is about being a God concept character, whose power is creation of reality. The one that will carry on the dream of peace and the Sage's Will after death has always been foretold of the Younger Son, who is Naruto's past generation comparison. No doubt Naruto will bring the peace. But his role as the Younger Son is to ascend the Sage and create true peace, so he will become something more than the title of S06P. Why have to choose between Naruto and Obito on who will be the Sage when we can have a Sage and the inheritor that will surpass said Sage

For a more detailed explanation of the Obito dualistic symbolism, refer to it might clear up some of the patterns http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397330
    Obito is simply the Sage in a world inherited by the Curse of Hatred.
    I cannot change your mind, but I can attempt to change your perception
    Thank you for the post, criticism is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by projecttsukinome View Post
    Yup,there's no denying this fact now..In fact I predicted this back in May and it feels good that it has come true
    Good job and ***** from me..Here's the link to my thread
    http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370507
    It will entertain you
    Indeed thank you for your post! It is quite funny how the answers have always been there all along, isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by shafninja View Post
    A very nice read. I think I would put it as Obito is an Anti-Rikudou. He has the same ideals about peace but is doing it in a malevolent fashion. (I'm not saying he is as powerful as Sage)
    Excellent, Anti-Rikudou is exactly what I was looking for. It's interesting how Obito and Rikudou seem to have a Yin-Yang relationship regarding their philosophies on creation of reality and peace Thank you for your post!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufi View Post
    Good Theory and all but Obito is not the next SO6P....

It's Naruto since Naruto carries The SO6P's and Bijuu's Will.... Plus Kurama is going to be upgraded by the powers Naruto received from other Bijuus.... That's how Naruto is The next SO6P....
    I respect this view, however, why can it not be both? Naruto is the Younger Son representation character, and is destined to surpass the Sage and create true peace. When Naruto inherits the Will of the Sage characters to create true peace, he will not use a jutsu to create reality. He will create his reality through the "Power of Love" that Kishi stated was the Younger's philosophy.
    Obito and Rikudou are both meant to die before their true peace can be attained. It is the Younger Son who is destined to attempt to carry on that Will.

Thank you for the post!

Quote Originally Posted by Gdamon View Post
    nice detailed and makes sense....
    Thank you

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! My name is...

Nice thread/theory..

off topic: I still hate obito and think he's a *****.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Release View Post
    Nice thread/theory..

off topic: I still hate obito and think he's a *****.
    Thank you
    & By the manga's end, I feel he will have still earned your respect as a villain though

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.

That's one long and descriptive theory, it is also very interesting.

I will give you credit, its a very interesting and well thought out theory.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»