Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

The placement of Naruto vs Sasuke

Ok, it's more or less confirmed that Sasuke will be the final villain and Naruto vs Sasuke will be the final fight.
    But, why?

Obito is the main antagonist. He's the one responsible for so many events in the series. Naruto's, and Sasuke's, suffering is due to him. Generally the main villain is the final battle.

Power is another factor. If the main antagonist isn't the final villain, then it's because they aren't strong enough. But, Obito is the undeniably the strongest being to ever exist sans the SO6P. At best, Sasuke can become the 3rd Juubi Jinchuriki (and gain Rinnegan) but then he's only as strong as Obito and the whole thing thing would just make the series go around in the circle.

Even Madara has a better claim than Sasuke. As an Edo he's the strongest ninja to never be the Juubi Jinchuriki. And while Obito is the Big Bad (he usurped Madara and was responsible for the majority of events), Madara was the starting point of the villainy in Naruto.

There are reasons for Naruto vs Sasuke being the last fight (mirroring Part 1, the next generation Younger Son vs Elder Son, etc.) but overall there are more against than for. Really, Naruto vs Sasuke should have happened before Madara was unveiled. Now, no matter how epic and close the fight is, we can't help but feel that in comparision to the previous major villains Sasuke is a let-down.

What do you guys think? Should Naruto vs Sasuke have already happened? Or is it the perfect final battle for the series?

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Follow the Forum Rules

Re: The placement of Naruto vs Sasuke

It will be the best battle, at least i think. It should be last, because the manga would have a crappy end if it ended right after the war.

▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    #FreeMacho

It should have happened during the war. Then Itachi came out of nowhere. -_-

​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ Optimistic's Avatar
    Status
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​

It should take place in the toilets right after they both finish taking a dump.

Status
    Jan 2013
    犠牲の仙人

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    It will be the best battle, at least i think. It should be last, because the manga would have a crappy end if it ended right after the war.
    Yeah, have them fight over the title of Hokage and end it with a Rasengan/ Chidori clash. I would be content with that ending.

Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    You actually care what I have
    to say?

Depends how they do it. It could be forced and stupid, or perfect and amazing.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Sleepy

They may not even fight

Status
    Feb 2012
    Revz

Both Naruto and Sasuke need power up fast.

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Aze View Post
    Both Naruto and Sasuke need power up fast.
    But that won't solve the problem. It would be absolute BS and out of nowhere if BOTH of them became stronger than Obito currently is. The issue is that no matter how epic and jaw-dropping the fight between them is, Sasuke as a villain simply can't compare threat wise to Obito.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Revz

Quote Originally Posted by kuramasage View Post
    But that won't solve the problem. It would be absolute BS and out of nowhere if BOTH of them became stronger than Obito currently is. The issue is that no matter how epic and jaw-dropping the fight between them is, Sasuke as a villain simply can't compare threat wise to Obito.

+1 Obito is the biggest threat to the ninja world.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Just Guessing

If you ask Sasuke there definitely is going to be a fight.
    Had my doubts first because he talked to the Kages and such but when he said that he were to "delete the PAST" and then Naruto dissapeared from the picture, I was quite certain that he still wants to fight Naruto (for whatever reason he has left).
    Though, considering whats going on now. They'd need a power-up to defeat Obito and still have the chakra left to fight eachother afterwards, so Sasuke might leave AGAIN and come back later. Kurama can keep giving Naruto chakra so im not that concerned about him, but Sasuke is just an Uchiha nothing special really. So I'm more worried about Sasuke here.

Status
    Feb 2013
    This user has no status.

Kishimoto was seriously trolling after he made Sasuke the "villain" after the Itachi fight,and then changed him back...I never really saw him as the real villain like Obito,Madara and Orochimaru before he died...But the way this is going,in one chapter you think they will fight after the war and then in the next you see them working together and there is no sign of that final fight...

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Shikiruire View Post
    Had my doubts first because he talked to the Kages and such but when he said that he were to "delete the PAST" and then Naruto dissapeared from the picture, I was quite certain that he still wants to fight Naruto (for whatever reason he has left).
    Though, considering whats going on now. They'd need a power-up to defeat Obito and still have the chakra left to fight eachother afterwards, so Sasuke might leave AGAIN and come back later. Kurama can keep giving Naruto chakra so im not that concerned about him, but Sasuke is just an Uchiha nothing special really. So I'm more worried about Sasuke here.
    That's not what I'm asking. It's obvious that Naruto vs Sasuke will be the Final Battle. The question is if you think this is the best option or if you think Naruto vs Sasuke should have happened earlier

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Shikiruire View Post
    , but Naruto's a human as well. Meaning that he's getting tired. His stamina is definitely not infinite. And the guy probably spent days without sleep.

If the fight happens, it should be after a quick timeskip.
    Honestly, I'm not interested in Sasuke vs Naruto now.
    It'd boring, MUCH worse than Madara vs Hashirama. They simply don't have enough jutsus.

Status
    Jun 2012
    I am just that amazing.

Obito once said he would force Naruto and Sasuke to fight, I think he will deliver and the fight will be the next to last fight in the series.

They fight and Naruto wins but refuses to kill Sasuke, and instead they reconcile, symbolizing the reconciliation of the Younger and Elder sons, leading to Sasuke redemption and they team up in the end to fight Obito.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    Obito once said he would force Naruto and Sasuke to fight, I think he will deliver and the fight will be the next to last fight in the series.

They fight and Naruto wins but refuses to kill Sasuke, and instead they reconcile, symbolizing the reconciliation of the Younger and Elder sons, leading to Sasuke redemption and they team up in the end to fight Obito.
    And Obito would just sit and watch.

Status
    Jun 2012
    I am just that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sot6p View Post
    And Obito would just sit and watch.
    Obito wants to prove that the Curse of Hatred is stronger then the Will of Fire, I don't think he will interfere until he realizes they are reconciling.

Status
    Jun 2013
    tell me more about why I
    should care about this rep bar
    thing?

I think it shouldve happened earlier and not as a part of this dumbass ninja war. Because hes been trying to up everybodys powers 50 times to where there cant be a normal ninja skill fight, its gonna have to be more of this Xmen BS. And its going to be anticlimactic after this anyway. I mean Jesus christ, this ninja war crap has been going on for almost 2 years now, its boring. I want some story!! Thats what I liked about Naruto in the first place was story and clever fights! I havent gotten that since the Jiraiya and pain arc. I just dont see the Naruto/Sasuke fight being satisfying now. Or how the stakes could even be higher, unless Kishi does something ridiculous like have Sasuke try and implement the moon eye plan. Which is totally possible.

Status
    Jun 2013
    "The world is a cruel
    place but it is also very
    beautiful"--Mikasa
    Ackerman

It should be the last fight.
    Thanks to power-ups, Naruto should surpass and defeat Obito, while Sasuke should surpass and defeat Madara, since both villains are darker versions of the heroes. That way the battle will be the most epic fight.
    I see after Sasuke convincing the world to get rid of the tailed beasts. Yes, they are immortal. Yes, his logic is flawed but that is the way I see it happening. Sasuke needs first to reconcile with the world and convince them he's on their side. Comparatively, his convincing Naruto will be easy (though he doesn't plan on befriending Naruto again at the current time). He will have to tell the world that he doesn't want to kill Naruto and Killer B (since they're heroes), but he will plan to kill them secretly. However, Naruto will try to convince the villagers not to target the tailed beasts. This conflict will lead to Naruto vs. Sasuke, where Naruto wins and tnj's Sasuke. Sasuke then joins with Naruto to stop all the hate.
    They find the healthy middle ground between their two extreme philosophies and bring peace to the world, like the two sons of the Sage and the First and Madara should have done. Sasuke has already reconciled with the world and now was reconciled with Naruto.
    That's my ideal plot anyways.

Last edited by uchihajaime; 07-25-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

Kishi doesn't design fights based on power really. Obito will probably be the peak of power in the series, followed by Madara, but Kishi will probably find a way to resolve them probably through teamwork with Obito and possibly a restored bond between Madara and Hashirama.

Naruto and Sasuke will be the final fight only because it fits Kishimoto's bonds, new generations surpassing the older, and it represents the Yin Yang balance. Their ideals and place in the story will perfectly match the resolution, and Kishi will work around that. Just my 2 cents though

Status
    Apr 2012
    Katon, Mottomo kuroi Jigoku!!!

Guess it's safe to say that Hashi vs. Madara is the real main event and we've yet to see that. Naruto vs. Sasuke should come out as an undercard.

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostProject View Post
    Kishi doesn't design fights based on power really. Obito will probably be the peak of power in the series, followed by Madara, but Kishi will probably find a way to resolve them probably through teamwork with Obito and possibly a restored bond between Madara and Hashirama.

Naruto and Sasuke will be the final fight only because it fits Kishimoto's bonds, new generations surpassing the older, and it represents the Yin Yang balance. Their ideals and place in the story will perfectly match the resolution, and Kishi will work around that. Just my 2 cents though
    I think plot suggests Obito should've been the final villain as well personally. As you've alluded to in your theories, Obito is the SO6P, Sasuke is the Elder Son, and Naruto is the Younger Son.

To me this logically should mean: Naruto (Younger) and Sasuke (Elder) have their fight. Naruto wins leaving Sasuke to reassert his motives. Naruto is left with the task of succeeding the SO6P (like the Younger). Naruto and Sasuke (the Sons) reconcile with Sasuke having decided to let Naruto try things his way (what the Elder should have done). Naruto is able to defeat Obito (the SO6P) thanks to Sasuke's help and goes on to unite the world and bring peace (fulfilling the Younger's goal from the SO6P).

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

I think plot suggests Obito should've been the final villain as well personally. As you've alluded to in your theories, Obito is the SO6P, Sasuke is the Elder Son, and Naruto is the Younger Son.

To me this logically should mean: Naruto (Younger) and Sasuke (Elder) have their fight. Naruto wins leaving Sasuke to reassert his motives. Naruto is left with the task of succeeding the SO6P (like the Younger). Naruto and Sasuke (the Sons) reconcile with Sasuke having decided to let Naruto try things his way (what the Elder should have done). Naruto is able to defeat Obito (the SO6P) thanks to Sasuke's help and goes on to unite the world and bring peace (fulfilling the Younger's goal from the SO6P).
    A good idea, and I think this is what Kishi was originally aiming for when he had Minato say Naruto will be the one to defeat Obito. Now though, I think Kishimoto is trying to avoid having an obvious 2nd place between Naruto and Sasuke.

Since the beginning, the Sons conflict and Hashi/Madara's conflict resulted because Yin and Yang were out of balance. If Sasuke were to essentially admit 2nd place, it would kind of undermine Naruto's resolve that him and Sasuke either succeed or fail together as equals after the 5 Kage Summit, and their admit of equals at the Valley of End.

Older plot suggested Obito vs Naruto to be the final fight, but more recent plot suggests Naruto vs Sasuke I think.

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostProject View Post
    A good idea, and I think this is what Kishi was originally aiming for when he had Minato say Naruto will be the one to defeat Obito. Now though, I think Kishimoto is trying to avoid having an obvious 2nd place between Naruto and Sasuke.

Since the beginning, the Sons conflict and Hashi/Madara's conflict resulted because Yin and Yang were out of balance. If Sasuke were to essentially admit 2nd place, it would kind of undermine Naruto's resolve that him and Sasuke either succeed or fail together as equals after the 5 Kage Summit, and their admit of equals at the Valley of End.

Older plot suggested Obito vs Naruto to be the final fight, but more recent plot suggests Naruto vs Sasuke I think.
    That makes a lot of sense. I think you hit the nail on the head, this is what Kishimoto is probably trying do. But, it's still real problematic. At the end of the day, the name of the manga is Naruto.
    I think it'd be really stupid if Naruto and Sasuke are perfect equals by the end. A major part of the series early on and Naruto's character was his desire to surpass and beat Sasuek. And again he is the main character. He really should be be higher than Sasuke in the finale (and that's if he lives).

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

That makes a lot of sense. I think you hit the nail on the head, this is what Kishimoto is probably trying do. But, it's still real problematic. At the end of the day, the name of the manga is Naruto.
    I think it'd be really stupid if Naruto and Sasuke are perfect equals by the end. A major part of the series early on and Naruto's character was his desire to surpass and beat Sasuek. And again he is the main character. He really should be be higher than Sasuke in the finale (and that's if he lives).
    True, but I think Kishimoto has been slowly and subtly making it to where Naruto's development is not dependent upon power, but his philosophies. The most recent developments in his character is the understanding that he cannot accomplish what he needs to do without the help of others, and his most recent power up was essentially inspiring the Nine-Tails and the Bijuu to believe in him.

Naruto will surpass everyone in the fact of how much he can influence the good in people, but he will never admit surpassing Sasuke because I think he understands that the mistakes of the past will be repeated if he doesn't bring peace to Sasuke's hatred.

If Naruto was still developed the same as in part 1, I think we would just see the 'Naruto becomes the most powerful ending,' but based on recent developments, I doubt either him or Sasuke will actually become more powerful than Juubi Obito in the end. It will most likely be about the influence they bring to the future, and how Naruto fixes the conflict of the Sons.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»