Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Obito's not home right now, but please leave a message at the BOOM.

The title of this chapter tells it all. Obito was Finally overcome by the entity that has been lurking in the shadows of his own mind. Obito is desperately attempting to fend off the takeover by actually attacking himself. Following that we see Minato rushing to aid Obito as he sees his former student loosing the struggle and we see Obito questioning who it is. Note, it could not have been the Juubi since the Juubi would not raise a question like "who are you?" from Obito.

We then see a parallel to the previous chapter and the squad pictures and a similar rip occurring. I believe the rips and re-attachments hold varying meaning related to reunion through death, Jinchiriki, and also indicate a split personality.

Another item of note was Minato's comments related to the Second. This is quite interesting when we consider it against another crux event for Tobirama.

What are your thoughts on these items?

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Obito's not home right now, but please leave a message at the BOOM.

can i sit on your face

NB's Loyal Knight FitzChivalry Farseer's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am Fire . . . . I am Death

My thoughts are that the most ****ed up shit happens to Obito god its crazy by what hes gone through

Ψ BKN Knight of Darkness Ψ From the Dark Spire's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ψ Can you hear it? The
    screams of all the meek in the
    world... Shall create a scorge
    of fear and despair to all. To
    those who band together and
    create an insurrection, shall
    be punished, for their
    inequity. Narutobase, your
    time...will come! Ψ

Quote Originally Posted by Aresfour View Post
    can i sit on your face
    if it's true you are what your gender says, you can sit on my face.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    One finger... Sliding across
    my neck. *****s know what I
    mean like they deaf

Quote Originally Posted by From the Dark Spire View Post
    Stop being thirsty

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aresfour View Post
    can i sit on your face
    Is this some form of rep?

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swiming in liquid methane on
    Titan.

Umm no bashing but I'm a bit confused as to the point of this thread ??

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valandil988 View Post
    Umm no bashing but I'm a bit confused as to the point of this thread ??
    Some of the comments in the last chapter have inconsistencies that need to be pointed out and/or investigated.

Obito's comment of "who are you?". This could not have been related to the Juubi, since he had just absorbed the Juubi, nor could the comments be attributed to the Juubi speaking through Obito, since we have seen the Juubi is aware of it's surroundings and Obito has been synching with it. Madara would be known to both as well so it is not him. This leaves the conclusion of another entity such as So6P or someone else

Another discrepancy is related to Minato's comments about the second. This is another hint by Kishimoto that demonstrates a very specific character inconsistency. It points to manipulation that extends through the generations.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-25-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Some of the comments in the last chapter have inconsistencies that need to be pointed out and/or investigated.

Obito's comment of "who are you?". This could not have been related to the Juubi, since he had just absorbed the Juubi, nor could the comments be attributed to the Juubi speaking through Obito, since we have seen the Juubi is aware of it's surroundings and Obito has been synching with it. Madara would be known to both as well so it is not him. This leaves the conclusion of another entity such as So6P or someone else

Another discrepancy is related to Minato's comments about the second. This is another hint by Kishimoto that demonstrates a very specific character inconsistency. It points to manipulation that extends through the generations.
    Hmm interesting, you have a point, the forth has never met the second before so how would he know if hes fast or not...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also known as SPEAK123

interesting

But Obito did refer to Minato as sensei, i believe he is back and still warped as ever

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Titan.

Could you expand on what you think the character inconsistency/manipulation is hinted at by Kishimoto is?

Ψ BKN Knight of Darkness Ψ From the Dark Spire's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ψ Can you hear it? The
    screams of all the meek in the
    world... Shall create a scorge
    of fear and despair to all. To
    those who band together and
    create an insurrection, shall
    be punished, for their
    inequity. Narutobase, your
    time...will come! Ψ

Quote Originally Posted by Meekz89 View Post
    Stop being thirsty
    Well I mean she's offering to sit on somebody's face... just saying.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you expand on what you think the character inconsistency/manipulation is hinted at by Kishimoto is?
    Just follow the trail of tears. Orochimaru and Hiruzen, Itachi and his parents, Kakashi and Rin is a prime example.

What did Minato warn him about related to using Chidori. What did he gain in order to overcome the weakness of the Jutsu and then what failed him? There is no way a Sharingan user would not be able to stop the Jutsu and no way that Run would have been faster than Kakashi's Sharingan. These direct contradictions are the markers. Look for them.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-25-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Gravedigger

Quote Originally Posted by From the Dark Spire View Post
    I agree indeed...

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Titan.

Just follow the trail of tears. Orochimaru and Hiruzen, Itachi and his parents, Kakashi and Rin is a prime example.

What did Minato warn him about related to using Chidori. What did he gain in order to overcome the weakness of the Jutsu and then what failed him? There is no way a Sharingan user would not be able to stop the Jutsu and no way that Run would have been faster than Kakashi's Sharingan. These direct contradictions are the markers. Look for them.

What about Haku and Raikiri, kakashi looked surprised there? So your saying that Kakashi agreed to kill Rin in those few moments before the Jutsu hit her? That he is to blame for all this? Srry being Derpy but whats the end meaning on this? Is it that Obito knows what Kakashi did or something? And does it matter?

OH LONG JOHNSON edo tensai wilmaso's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato actually says in chapter 639 ... The second is so fast... Not the second is always quick to act ... Read mangastream ... It'll make stuff way less confusing.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Better yet, I'll wait for Kirin Rei's translation. Kirin Rei's translation>>>>mangastream & mangapanda's.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Haku and Raikiri, kakashi looked surprised there? So your saying that Kakashi agreed to kill Rin in those few moments before the Jutsu hit her? That he is to blame for all this? Srry being Derpy but whats the end meaning on this? Is it that Obito knows what Kakashi did or something? And does it matter?
    First Haku was slightly different. He is still an enemy so no need to stop. Kakashi's surprise could be interpreted as "wow, such devotion" but ultimately still an enemy, or perhaps this is evidence of further manipulation though how that plays into the grander scheme alludes me. I will have to reread it. OK done, and yes the evidence of manipulation exists there as well. As Kakashi points out Haku was dead before he was hit by Raikiri also notice the hand positions in previous chapter.

Kakashi never agreed to kill Rin, in fact he told her he wouldn't but he couldn't stop himself, despite having perfected the tech through Sharingan use. Something/someone prevented it. This was a crux event that shaped Obito.

If you reread the Tobirama chapter above you will see Danzo is desperate to volunteer. He simply cannot. It was not cowardice. This is the manipulation that leads to Tobiramas death, Hiruzen's appointment to Hokage and set the stage for Danzo's bitterness.

What are the patterns between Obito and Danzo and so many others? Rival fixation, fierce determination, a need to become Hokage, in some it's also unrequited love. Does this sound like someone we know?

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Titan.

First Haku was slightly different. He is still an enemy so no need to stop. Kakashi's surprise could be interpreted as "wow, such devotion" but ultimately still an enemy, or perhaps this is evidence of further manipulation though how that plays into the grander scheme alludes me. I will have to reread it.

Kakashi never agreed to kill Rin, in fact he told her he wouldn't but he couldn't stop himself, despite having perfected the tech through Sharingan use. Something/someone prevented it. This was a crux event that shaped Obito.

If you reread the Tobirama chapter above you will see Danzo is desperate to volunteer. He simply cannot. It was not cowardice. This is the manipulation that leads to Tobiramas death, Hiruzen's appointment to Hokage and set the stage for Danzo's bitterness.

What are the patterns between Obito and Danzo and so many others? Rival fixation, fierce determination, a need to become Hokage, in some it's also unrequited love. Does this sound like someone we know?
    I thought these were just the themes that Kishimoto is obsessed with....The Naruto world is filled with intentional parallels between characters, characters that while exist in different forms are essentially the same in many ways replaying the same events over and over again. The Younger son and the Elder, Hashirama Madara, Obito Kakashi, Naruto Sasuke, etc Team 7 etc Its all repeating itself over and over. I never read into it too much, I just thought Kishimoto was obsessed with the themes and kept repeating them (kinda boring in my opinion but meh).

Are you suggesting that these events are somehow influenced and contrived by some insidious force? (May the force be with you ) I mean its an interesting concept...But It would have to be something beyond what we've seen, they only entity I can think of with power over reality to that level would be the Sage of Six Paths...almost like some grand experiment to see who was right the younger son or the elder.

The sage favored the younger but is that really the truth, by creating conflict between his sons he forced both of them to test their ideals and beliefs against each other. Somebody as smart as the Sage of six paths wouldn't make such a dumb mistake as to not realize that favoring one brother over another would create conflict and hate. If he had the gift of foresight, which if his prediction about Naruto is as it appears then he likely knew what would happen when he made his decision on his death bed. So the Sage isn't really dead....so much so as he is manipulating reality in such a way as to constantly force this "competition" between pseudo younger elder son pairs to eventually see who proves true and the "heir".....Wow talk about a twisted idea....

What you were saying about Obito's question "Who are you" Is he asking the Juubi or Minato. I think because the picture of Minato was torn off he had forgotten about him that's why he asked he couldn't remember him, He was about to forget Rin when the picture was pulled back together.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I have shown you is
    reality. What you remember,
    that is the illusion.

Sounds pretty legit to me.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nonsense. It's just Obito gaining full control.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought these were just the themes that Kishimoto is obsessed with....The Naruto world is filled with intentional parallels between characters, characters that while exist in different forms are essentially the same in many ways replaying the same events over and over again. The Younger son and the Elder, Hashirama Madara, Obito Kakashi, Naruto Sasuke, etc Team 7 etc Its all repeating itself over and over. I never read into it too much, I just thought Kishimoto was obsessed with the themes and kept repeating them (kinda boring in my opinion but meh).
    Consider the Rinnegan pattern which is a series of concentric circles, loops without end. In Buddhist belief what is Samsara? An endless cycle of suffering & delusions (Lies). What is Nirvana? The overly simple answer is escape from the repetitious cycle.

Are you suggesting that these events are somehow influenced and contrived by some insidious force? (May the force be with you ) I mean its an interesting concept...But It would have to be something beyond what we've seen, they only entity I can think of with power over reality to that level would be the Sage of Six Paths...almost like some grand experiment to see who was right the younger son or the elder.
    Yes, and that entity is trying desperately to correct it and become the savior, but due to his nature cannot see that the choices made are the problem that leads to the cycle. He feels justified that once the power is obtained he can rewrite everything. This forms the justification for causing additional suffering. This is the doom which the sage toad prophesied about, except it really isn't a prophecy it's a self-fulfilling cycle, constant war, constant suffering an endless loop.

The sage favored the younger but is that really the truth, by creating conflict between his sons he forced both of them to test their ideals and beliefs against each other. Somebody as smart as the Sage of six paths wouldn't make such a dumb mistake as to not realize that favoring one brother over another would create conflict and hate. If he had the gift of foresight, which if his prediction about Naruto is as it appears then he likely knew what would happen when he made his decision on his death bed. So the Sage isn't really dead....so much so as he is manipulating reality in such a way as to constantly force this "competition" between pseudo younger elder son pairs to eventually see who proves true and the "heir".....Wow talk about a twisted idea....
    I think the Sage (different than the entity) made an error but it was too late. Upon discovering his error he did his best to send corrective instructions via the Uchiha Tablet, the problem is that too has been compromised by the entity. Note how Obito and Madara stop short of viewing the entire message. Once again this is the influence of the entity.

What you were saying about Obito's question "Who are you" Is he asking the Juubi or Minato. I think because the picture of Minato was torn off he had forgotten about him that's why he asked he couldn't remember him, He was about to forget Rin when the picture was pulled back together.
    I disagree, I think he is talking to that other entity, but speaking of memories. http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=317213

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-26-2013 at 01:42 PM.