Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazlazor™

Warlords = Emperors?

Hey guys.

We've been with the series for a long time now. There are a lot of topics that we all take for granted because some important characters say it in the series. In the beginning of the series was stated that there is this balance in the world between 3 superpowers: The Marines, the warlords and the yonkou. It is stated that they are all equal in strength. I'm not trying to underate any character or major group as a whole but right now i'm having some trouble believing that the group of warlords are equal in strength as the emperors.... i mean i believe that we haven't seen all the marines strength so i don't have trouble believing that they equal the emperors in strength but the warlords we've seen some of them... heck we've even seen some of them get defeated, while it took the two groups (warlords and marines) to take down one yonkou. True it was said that Whitebeard was the strongest, but the others are supposed to be monsters as well.
    It's true enough that we've not seen the supposedly stronger warlords go all out.

So what do you guys think about this are the warlords as a whole equal to the yonkou or the author really meant that marines + warlords = yonkou in overall strength (even thought i'm almost sure Oda didn't mean this).

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's coming to you tommorow

Re: Warlords = Emperors?

Nah I think Emperors are stronger

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been busy, but I like y'all so
    I'll be here as much as I can
    :D

Individually, heck no. Emperors, by hype, are leagues ahead of the Warlords. Kaido soloed Moriah and his crew. Honestly, the only warlords I see doing any form of damage to Whitebeard are Doffy and Mihawk... but in one on one duels, WB stomps all of them. Kuma wishes his shockwaves were as cool as WB

However, as a collective power (meaning overall strength, crews, etc) I could see the Warlords being on equal footing with the Yonkou. We haven't seen Kuma, Mihawk, or Doffy's full crew yet.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a .30 nd I aint scared
    too use it

They are all balanced i forgot thee triangle thing but i think its Goverment (Navy and CP included) Warlords Pirates (Yonkou) but i think the 11 supernovas will mess the triangle up

Nardo is the bottom Grammar Nazi's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I jest at anything and
    everything that comes in my
    way

its all arbitrary, some warlords can be stronger than yonkous or vice versa. But the emperors have more political influence and isn't controlled by the government.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ????

emperors are the strongest

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a .30 nd I aint scared
    too use it

Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
    Individually, heck no. Emperors, by hype, are leagues ahead of the Warlords. Kaido soloed Moriah and his crew. Honestly, the only warlords I see doing any form of damage to Whitebeard are Doffy and Mihawk... but in one on one duels, WB stomps all of them. Kuma wishes his shockwaves were as cool as WB

However, as a collective power (meaning overall strength, crews, etc) I could see the Warlords being on equal footing with the Yonkou. We haven't seen Kuma, Mihawk, or Doffy's full crew yet.
    Yeah they cant Def compete except Mihawk and the rest but there power and influence can they dont fair power alone if they did they would be trying to hunt Whitebeard and Shanks every chance they got but they really dont. Becuase they dont use thier power or influence to mess with them. Thats why they are after Dragon cause his influence also with luffy he makes a friend each Arc that helps him reach his goal thats his biggest power prob a reason they brought that clown i forgot his name to be a warlord lol saggy or baggy something like it

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazlazor™

When Oda introduced the power ballance thing i think he was refering to to the overall group not individuals. i mean we could discuss if 7 warlords (individual)= 4 yonkou (individual), even here we don't have enought information about the two groups. But so far, and counting the hype (yeah i know it's not a real argument) the warlords are behind. Either it isn't really suposed to be that way or the real power of the warlors lies in the ones we don't know many things so far (Mihawk, boa...).

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg

Well, that can be true to an extent. Since Shanks & Mihawk are pretty much equal or Mihawk is slightly <Shanks. (Mind you they are both the strongest in their respective categories.)

In addition to this: BB is probs =Doffy (who ain't the strongest). Meaning one Emperor is as strong as a Warlod and one Emperor is weaker than a Warlord (s).

So, in somewhat detail:

Shanks is no doubt the strongest Emperor. And Mihawk is no doubt the strongest Warlord (Doffy fapboys/girls can't disagree since he's been de-hyped so much now that Luffy could beat him himself).

And BB is no doubt the weakest Emperor. And I'm 40% sure that Doffy could equal him. And another 60% thinking BB>Doffy.

Furthermore, if Mihawk ain't =Shanks, I'd argue that Kaido is on par with him.

Lastly, if you compare them as a group, well then: Emperor's>Warlords High DIFF.

So there you have it, individually, some are stronger and some are weaker. But group-wise, Emperors are stronger.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Alpha Wolf in the Wolf
    Pack

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyZ View Post
    Well, that can be true to an extent. Since Shanks & Mihawk are pretty much equal or Mihawk is slightly <Shanks. (Mind you they are both the strongest in their respective categories.)

In addition to this: BB is probs offy (who ain't the strongest). Meaning one Emperor is as strong as a Warlod and one Emperor is weaker than a Warlord (s).

So, in somewhat detail:

Shanks is no doubt the strongest Emperor. And Mihawk is no doubt the strongest Warlord (Doffy fapboys/girls can't disagree since he's been de-hyped so much now that Luffy could beat him himself).

And BB is no doubt the weakest Emperor. And I'm 40% sure that Doffy could equal him. And another 60% thinking BB>Doffy.

Furthermore, if Mihawk ain't =Shanks, I'd argue that Kaido is on par with him.

Lastly, if you compare them as a group, well then: Emperor's>Warlords High DIFF.

So there you have it, individually, some are stronger and some are weaker. But group-wise, Emperors are stronger.
    This say's it all.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

Well, the Shichibukai are powerful, but none of them can equal the strength of a Yonko, except maybe Mihawk. If you combine all of the Yonko, they will probably take down the Shichibukai and the WG. But in terms of a unified force, the WG is stronger, then comes the Yonko, then comes the Shichibukai.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Blackbeard is weaker than Mihawk who supposedly rivals Shanks (or is stronger as Shanks is a swordsman)
    Doflamingo (IMO) is Blackbeards equal. This in my opinion places the Yonko only slightly above the warlords. This leads me to believe the unknown warlord is above admiral level ( just like Mihawk) ; he defeated Z and cut off his arm ( which makes me think he is the Shogun of Wanokuni) which would allow for a more even matchup between the Yonko , Warlords and Marines.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    1.OP 2.Toriko 3.HxH

Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post

I don't think Mihawk has a crew, he hates pirates. He's a solo man.

Anyways Kuma can do some serious damage to WB but WB will still kick his ass. The scary thing about most warlords is that we never seen them go all out yet nor other strong opponents.