Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Proof Oro is more powerful then Jiraiya

So, after a couple of years on narutobase now, in my time i found that Jiraiya was considered to be more powerful then Orochimaru by all readers and posters here. I estimate around 70% people belive Jiraiya is/was weaker then Orochimaru.

Now, 2 points.

The 3rd... apparently greatest shinobi who ever lived ( In his prime ) lost 1v1 to Orochimru ( Tell me something i dont know your saying )

Okay, Now the 3rd Actually said,' no one in the village would be able to defeat him or fight on equal footing with him, even the Third himself'
    Jiraiya was in the Village.

as it quotes here in narutopedia
    Being one of the Sannin, as well as a former member of the S-class criminal organization Akatsuki, Orochimaru is an extraordinarily powerful ninja. His powers, which can easily be considered Kage-level, were so great that during the time of his invasion in Konoha, the Third Hokage feared no one in the village would be able to defeat him or fight on equal footing with him, even the Third himself. Even Kakashi, one of Konoha's greatest shinobi, was stiff with tremendous fear and awe when he met him during the time of the Chunin Exams, and himself admitted he wouldn't even stand a chance against his power. He was able to hold his own against footing with a Four Tailed Naruto Uzumaki in Part II while his body was in a weakened state, and despite the danger Naruto imposed, he found the battle highly entertaining. Even then, his body gave in, he expressed regret that he couldnt complete the battle. Even among the Sannin, he was the one who originally stood out for individual ability. Due to him rarely being shown fighting, he has only displayed a limited amount of techniques, although it stands to reason that in his efforts to learn all existing jutsu, his array of abilities has probably become larger than any other single character. He has a vast knowledge in all forms of jutsu. He also has immense strength in the anime, as when he was walking to Tanzaku Town he was immensely frustrated by the pain he was in and used only a kick to knock down a tree.

Jiraiya has also admitted Orochimaru was stronger then him Too..

The reason i posted this thread and my goal:

To Highlight Orochimaru's significance to the manga and refresh his existance and the prospect he still is alive AND ( IN MY OPINION ) will be the ultimate villain?

I believe he has been much more of an antaganist then Madara Pein or even Danzou.

Im NOT a Orochimaru Fan Boy, I love Jiraiya and admit he is awesome, But i am also a realist and the facts are Oro was stronger then Jiraiya.

Thanks and i hope i didnt piss any fan boys off............................................... .... ( Too much

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Proof Oro is more powerful then Jiraiya

You... didn't convince me at all

Oro barely defeated the 3rd because he summoned 2 Hokages -_-

And you base your theory on bold assumptions and theory. Databook clearly states that Jiraya is stronger than Orochimaru -_-

I know databook wasnt written directly by Kishi, but he DID took part in determining how strong one or another char is? Or do you thin while advising the creaters to do the power-level thing, said:

" Soo.. now about the Sannins. Orochimaru is strongest of em all... but lets give the highest score to JIraya, so that Deidara Akatsui could create a thread stating another reasons why Oro is stronger "

Last edited by GYM; 03-17-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Status
    May 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

the third didnt know jiraya was in the village, as ebisu said does the hokage know jiraya is in the village and jiraya told him not to tell him.. however it cannot be proven either way which one is the stronger one cause simply we havent seen them go all out fight (jiraya in his hermit mode and oro being oro full strength) personally i think jiraya is stronger in all out battle with no emotions except we all know jiraya wouldnt fight oro all out hence the 3 way meeting with the sannin

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GYM View Post
    You... didn't convince me at all

Oro barely defeated the 3rd because he summoned 2 Hokages -_-

And you base your theory on bold assumptions and theory. Databook clearly states that Jiraya is stronger than Orochimaru -_-

I know databook wasnt written directly by Kishi, but he DID took part in determining how strong one or another char is? Or do you thin while advising the creaters to do the power-level thing, said:

" Soo.. now about the Sannins. Orochimaru is strongest of em all... but lets give the highest score to JIraya, so that Deidara Akatsui could create a thread stating another reasons why Oro is stronger "
    Okay, Your saying because the databook says Jiraiya is stronger you think its true.

According To your precious Databook... kakashi is stronger then Sasuke.........Blink...Blink...re read... yes.. Kakashi, has a higher statistic then sasuke whom has just come back from a RAMPAGE....yes Rampage against gaara, raikage, and the other leaders....NOT TO MENTION the brawl he had with danzou...Then when he actually met kakashi he tried to kill him even having a chance to activate susanno which kakashi barley escaped..

So not to pis s on your Bonfire but The databook is Bullshit.

Oh yeah, Kakashi is only 0.5 points behind Itachi and itachi must of beat kakashi in about 3 mins fighting maybe??

But lets not get off topic, The 3rd knew fully well that Jiraiya couldnt beat Oro otherwise he would of said, ' i hope oro doesnt attack konoha as jiraiya is our only hope of defeating him, or something along them lines.

So what if he summoned the 1st and 2nd... if he would have managed to do the 4th it would have been over in a couple of mins.... whats jiraiya gonna do vs 3 hokages AND Orochimaru, Sorry But sage mode aint gonna do shit.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidara Akatsuki View Post
    Okay, Your saying because the databook says Jiraiya is stronger you think its true.

According To your precious Databook... kakashi is stronger then Sasuke.........Blink...Blink...re read... yes.. Kakashi, has a higher statistic then sasuke whom has just come back from a RAMPAGE....yes Rampage against gaara, raikage, and the other leaders....NOT TO MENTION the brawl he had with danzou...Then when he actually met kakashi he tried to kill him even having a chance to activate susanno which kakashi barley escaped..

So not to pis s on your Bonfire but The databook is Bullshit.

Oh yeah, Kakashi is only 0.5 points behind Itachi and itachi must of beat kakashi in about 3 mins fighting maybe??

But lets not get off topic, The 3rd knew fully well that Jiraiya couldnt beat Oro otherwise he would of said, ' i hope oro doesnt attack konoha as jiraiya is our only hope of defeating him, or something along them lines.

So what if he summoned the 1st and 2nd... if he would have managed to do the 4th it would have been over in a couple of mins.... whats jiraiya gonna do vs 3 hokages AND Orochimaru, Sorry But sage mode aint gonna do shit.

The databook is released long ago, actually before the Rampage Sasuke had.
    So the stats are old. Naruto is like 26... before he even learned sage mode. so...

And Itachi is 35.5 whereas kakashi is 34.5. Btw, kakashi could instantly send the head of Sasuke/Itachi w/e to another dimension, if we wasnt such a dumbass.

As for your last comment, I agree. there is nothing Jiraya could do to the three Hokages ( cept for dying ). But the 3rd could prevent one grave ( or w/e it was ) from opening. So J-man is sage mode which enhances his speed and so on, could probable cancel the three of them?

+ at that time, Jiraya was kind of mysterious character to us. ( the 3rd deaths time ) so it's not like everyone was talking about him.

Status
    Sep 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

m.... i can't tell yet if Orochimaru is stronger than Jiraiya.
    back to the point that he's the ultimate villain I think Madara would be the ultimate villain of the manga story because he has all the eyes and bijuus. Also, the time warp jutsu that is unexplainable on how to beat it.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ahhh, capn, Senju fanboy levels are too high in the area and increasing at a exponential rate!

Quick, bring out the big guns!

It's perfectly simple guys.

Orochimaru and Jiraiya have duked it out many times, and all those times they've got away.

They're pretty much equal in power, though personally Orochimaru has a slight edge in the fact that he can regenerate super fast and spit new bodies out if he's hit bad, whereas when Jiraiyas hit bad he loses an arm...for good lol...

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedlink View Post
    ahhh, capn, Senju fanboy levels are too high in the area and increasing at a exponential rate!

Orochimaru and Jiraiya have duked it out many times, and all those times they've got away.

They're pretty much equal in power, though personally Orochimaru has a slight edge in the fact that he can regenerate super fast and spit new bodies out if he's hit bad, whereas when Jiraiyas hit bad he loses an arm...for good lol...
    im with u there....

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

imo, the databook was created during naruto tv series unless it is they made a newest one.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

J-man stayed alive longer then oro without the use of any jutsu(as far we know) Orochimaru wouldn't have lasted half as long as J-man did aggainst pein.

If Oro was so good why did he die twice (or more dnt really keep count) J-man was handle Oro just fine without sage mode and for the most part wopping dat azz. As far as im concerned Oro couldn't even beat Tsunade (that is saying if he's got the balls to actually try that)

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Eh, wasn't a very convincing read.

When Orochimaru killed the 3rd you have to remember that the 3rd was now 68 years old. By his own admission he was much weaker than he used to be when he was hailed as the "God of Shinobi".

They've fought multiple times and in none of those encounters has Orochimaru been able to kill Jiraiya. But Jiraiya at the same time was unable to bring Orochimaru back to the village. Based on that direct match up I would say they are pretty equal in strength. Since they've fought there is no need to speculate who the stronger ninja was. If Orochimaru had been stronger Jiraiya would be dead. If Jiraiya were stronger he would have brought Orochimaru back to the village.

Orochimaru was a great villain, but his time has passed. The story has moved beyond him as the main villain and is now involved in bigger things such as the age old Will of Fire vs. Uchiha rivalry. Since Orochimaru has no affiliation with either of those things he won't be a main factor. I will however say that he may have a significant impact at some point. He may return for a few chapters and maybe kill off a big character in his final throws.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    Eh, wasn't a very convincing read.

When Orochimaru killed the 3rd you have to remember that the 3rd was now 68 years old. By his own admission he was much weaker than he used to be when he was hailed as the "God of Shinobi".

They've fought multiple times and in none of those encounters has Orochimaru been able to kill Jiraiya. But Jiraiya at the same time was unable to bring Orochimaru back to the village. Based on that direct match up I would say they are pretty equal in strength. Since they've fought there is no need to speculate who the stronger ninja was. If Orochimaru had been stronger Jiraiya would be dead. If Jiraiya were stronger he would have brought Orochimaru back to the village.

Orochimaru was a great villain, but his time has passed. The story has moved beyond him as the main villain and is now involved in bigger things such as the age old Will of Fire vs. Uchiha rivalry. Since Orochimaru has no affiliation with either of those things he won't be a main factor. I will however say that he may have a significant impact at some point. He may return for a few chapters and maybe kill off a big character in his final throws.
    100% agreed

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Can we please not use the reasoning of "Has Orochimaru not used body replacement techs then this attack would have killed him etc etc"

It's the same as Kisame and samehada and when KB lariatted him, and blew his chest out.

Kisame saw KB coming, and KNEW he couldnt absorb it all, but he still just took it, because he KNEW he would HEAL.

Orochimaru isn't slow or less skilled, the reason Kisame and Oro don't dodge is because they have little reason to unless something stupidly big is comiing there way.

The only time Oro actually put up any kind of shield was against 4tailed Naruto.

Again, Oro and J-man have fought many times previously and lived to tell the tale, they are pretty much equal.

Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by deidara akatsuki View Post
    so, after a couple of years on narutobase now, in my time i found that jiraiya was considered to be more powerful then orochimaru by all readers and posters here. I estimate around 70% people belive jiraiya is/was weaker then orochimaru.

Now, 2 points.

The 3rd... Apparently greatest shinobi who ever lived ( in his prime ) lost 1v1 to orochimru ( tell me something i dont know your saying )

okay, now the 3rd actually said,' no one in the village would be able to defeat him or fight on equal footing with him, even the third himself'
    jiraiya was in the village.

As it quotes here in narutopedia
    being one of the sannin, as well as a former member of the s-class criminal organization akatsuki, orochimaru is an extraordinarily powerful ninja. His powers, which can easily be considered kage-level, were so great that during the time of his invasion in konoha, the third hokage feared no one in the village would be able to defeat him or fight on equal footing with him, even the third himself. Even kakashi, one of konoha's greatest shinobi, was stiff with tremendous fear and awe when he met him during the time of the chunin exams, and himself admitted he wouldn't even stand a chance against his power. He was able to hold his own against footing with a four tailed naruto uzumaki in part ii while his body was in a weakened state, and despite the danger naruto imposed, he found the battle highly entertaining. Even then, his body gave in, he expressed regret that he couldnt complete the battle. Even among the sannin, he was the one who originally stood out for individual ability. Due to him rarely being shown fighting, he has only displayed a limited amount of techniques, although it stands to reason that in his efforts to learn all existing jutsu, his array of abilities has probably become larger than any other single character. He has a vast knowledge in all forms of jutsu. He also has immense strength in the anime, as when he was walking to tanzaku town he was immensely frustrated by the pain he was in and used only a kick to knock down a tree.

Jiraiya has also admitted orochimaru was stronger then him too..

The reason i posted this thread and my goal:

To highlight orochimaru's significance to the manga and refresh his existance and the prospect he still is alive and ( in my opinion ) will be the ultimate villain?

I believe he has been much more of an antaganist then madara pein or even danzou.

Im not a orochimaru fan boy, i love jiraiya and admit he is awesome, but i am also a realist and the facts are oro was stronger then jiraiya.

Thanks and i hope i didnt piss any fan boys off............................................... .... ( too much
    sorry but you have some wrong infor, j0man was not in the village during oro invasion, thats why the 3rd had to fight. He said no one could fight on equal footing with oro because he was old not bc he could not beat him. The 3rd know he was past his prime. J-man was much like naruto, could not find a way to kill his friend, thats what made him weaker.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah exactly, and don't be naive and think the uchiha fan boys arn't in the thread either. we all know you twisted are a uchiha fanboy and despise senju fan boys. if you deny that, your dumber than you sound.

these fights are always and will forever be flamed by senju and uchiha fanboys. protagonist/antagonist. good/evil.

the funniest and dumbest part is the more we fight the more our opinions are challenged and we get mad and start flaming and defending our opinions. and guess what(THIS GOES TO EVERYONE) does anybody's mind every change thanks to anothers opinions on this flaming website? no...

we will always say "nuh uh this guy will win".

Last edited by Steinbiz; 03-17-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KASTAWAY View Post
    sorry but you have some wrong infor, j0man was not in the village during oro invasion, thats why the 3rd had to fight. He said no one could fight on equal footing with oro because he was old not bc he could not beat him. The 3rd know he was past his prime. J-man was much like naruto, could not find a way to kill his friend, thats what made him weaker.
    jman wasnt in the village, but he arrive when the third was still fighting.

I agree with what you said about the third knowing he was too old, thats why the third was looking for jiraiya.

Naruto 91 page 19 | One Manga

Naruto 91 page 20 | One Manga

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Orochimaru isn't slow or less skilled, the reason Kisame and Oro don't dodge is because they have little reason to unless something stupidly big is comiing there way.
    like 4 tail narutos blast when oro had to summon those three demon gates

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

if im currect he with Tsunade couldnt do much against weakened Oru... i belive we can relay on that?

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Pein is stronger than itachi, itchi is stronger than orochimaru....jiraiya sage mode was not yet known to us at that time, anyways....im pretty sure that itachi is weaker than jiraiya, he ran away from him when he first tried to capture naruto....s if jiraiya is stronger than itachi, he should be far stronger than orochimaru!!

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

jiraiya survived naruto 4 tails with only a BIG scar....orochimaru if he was not immortal would have died about 6 times...

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

jiraiya survived naruto 4 tails with only a BIG scar....orochimaru if he was not immortal would have died about 6 times...
    UGH! Again, Orochimaru didnt dodge because he DOESNT HAVE TO. Jiraiya has to dodge because he only has one body! Orochimaru doesn't because he can just sick out another body.

Steinbiz, how am I an Uchiha fanboy?

I basically state Itachi has yatas mirror which makes him invulnerable like zetsu says, and you go crying and start screeching sage mode blaerrggh!!! sage mode!!

I don't like Sasuke, and I find the sharingan to be a rather overkilled storyline. Tobi/Madara I like but not because he's an Uchiha but because he's the main villain and his time/space tech is pretty sweet.

You on the other hand vote win for E.V.E.R.Y. S.I.N.G.L.E. S.E.N.J.U.

Me-Not Uchiha fanboy as just proved
    You-Uchiha fanboy.

Also orochimaru never had sharingan, and isn't an uchiha, Jiraiya is senju, therefore I dont see a problem with Uchiha fanboys posting here??

I do see a problem with senju fans posting because Jiraiya is one, thus he's bound to get there vote no matter what.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecchidaime View Post
    Pein is stronger than itachi, itchi is stronger than orochimaru....jiraiya sage mode was not yet known to us at that time, anyways....im pretty sure that itachi is weaker than jiraiya, he ran away from him when he first tried to capture naruto....s if jiraiya is stronger than itachi, he should be far stronger than orochimaru!!
    Itachi ran for 3 reasons.

1.He overused his MS techs on genins
    2.Itachi was Jiraiyas informant
    3.Naruto didn't have to be captured then anyway, remember Itachi merely went to Konoha to remind Danzou he was around, after the 3rd died who promised to care for sasuke.

Also, Naruto 148 page 07 | One Manga

Itachi can beat Jiraiya, MANY can beat Jiraiya, it has been proved time and time again Itachi and Kisame arent scared of Jiraiya nor did they say they couldn't take him but were talking about kyuubi, but once again, senju fanboys dont like facts, and have selective reading and continue repeating the same infactual BS.

Not to mention we have seen Kisame eat 8tails of chakra, and suddenly Jiraiyas meant to be okay with that while black flames are burning his ass in a world of tsukyomi being tortured while Itachi protects himself and Kisame with yatas mirror and knocks Jiraiya into an ever sealing genjutsu for afters.

Oh i forgot, Jiraiya has sage mode, which makes you stronger, and suddenly all of these attacks dont work on him for no other reason than "because its sage mode" and stacking assumption upon assumption of sage mode to yield an answer that is then hailed as pure fact from senju fanboys despite no actual evidence lol.

Jesus christ, give it a break already

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

orochimaru was the greatest shinobi in the whole world

he is the only 1 who masterd the edo tensei jutsu

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Avoiding responsibilities.

I bet that oro would win against Jiraiya.
    1st. Jiraiya has sage stuff but he'd have to get through of Fourth Hokage before it.
    2nd. Oro has kinjutsu and fuuinjutsu.
    3rd. Oro can take over jiraiya's body easily.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciating sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh-Tobz View Post
    I bet that oro would win against Jiraiya.
    1st. Jiraiya has sage stuff but he'd have to get through of Fourth Hokage before it.
    2nd. Oro has kinjutsu and fuuinjutsu.
    3rd. Oro can take over jiraiya's body easily.
    /sigh.. Oro ONLY summoned the kages to emotionally torment his former sensei. Why? because he held a grudge for not being named the new Hokage :P

Also it's a common fact he needs 3 dead bodies to even perform the jutsu, and no he won't randomly have 3 dead bodies prepared just incase Jiraiya is around.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»